• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noobie

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
With the momentum MHW has got, it will be interesting to see if SOTC manages to take number 1 spot or not.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For what it's worth Amazon UK has Shadow of the Colossus as best selling game in the yearly chart so I wouldn't be surprised if SotC is the best selling game for last week.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/2018/videogames

Well I bought SOTC from AmazonUK so I did my part. But I just can't see it, given how well MHW has been received here particularly, well pretty much overwhelmingly by the PS audience.

I hope it takes #1 but I wouldn't be surprised at a #2 debut in the pal charts.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
MHW can still be above 25k and for a remaster 25k is not an easy bar to cross.
I know remake is different then remaster and i dont have any earlier example of remake to compare it with..
Though as the SotC was £22 to 25 in the UK I see it easily taking number 1 this week (if it was a full price game it would of been different).

Suw4rbox

Alt-Account.
Banned
Dec 2, 2017

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Well I bought SOTC from AmazonUK so I did my part. But I just can't see it, given how well MHW has been received here particularly, well pretty much overwhelmingly by the PS audience.

I hope it takes #1 but I wouldn't be surprised at a #2 debut in the pal charts.

Like I said it has already outsold MHW in the yearly Amazon chart despite MH being few weeks on longer on the market. Unfortunately that's the only reference point we have as of right now. Don't be surprised when SotC will comfortably "win" last week. £24 is a very sweet price point for a new release.

EDIT: Beaten. Told ya ;)

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That last statement is bizarre. I assume it means it's the 8th PS4 game at no1? If so what a roundabout and strange way of phrasing it. CoD and MHW aren't 'format exclusive'...

Happy for SotC. It is, and always has been, a very good game.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
"The original PS2 title also debuted at No1, back in W7 2006, however launch week sales of the new PS4 version are 73% greater than that of its predecessor."

Congrats Bluepoint.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

meme.gif

Sony is killing it.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
That last statement is bizarre. I assume it means it's the 8th PS4 game at no1? If so what a roundabout and strange way of phrasing it. CoD and MHW aren't 'format exclusive'...

We're only in week 5, so that'd still be kinda difficult. Maybe they're going by fiscal year? Or they just screwed up, haha.

Great to hear SotC did well.

they are pretty hard to find... I only found Japan launch numbers, which were 140k.
US LTD was 816k.

Noobie

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Congratulations to SOTC and blue point.

GTS had a big fall last week, probably PS4 players busy in new games. (MHW, SOTC)

New thread not yet up

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

From the GamesBiz article:

It is also the eighth PlayStation exclusive game to top the charts during the course of the generation, joining games like last year's Horizon Zero Dawn, Gran Turismo Sport and Crash Bandicoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.