• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Which sort of makes the sudden drop to 18 a bit more jarring unless I'm missing a reason there.

Splatoon 2 suddenly jumping to 21 after not being in the chart last week is also weird.
Almost looks like Nintendo games are having a great week for some special reason: Splatoon 2 returning to 21st place, MK8D up 2 , BOTW up 10 places to number 10, and SMO up 1 as well. Maybe children are buying games with money they got for Christmas?

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Almost looks like Nintendo games are having a great week for some special reason: Splatoon 2 returning to 21st place, MK8D up 2 , BOTW up 10 places to number 10, and SMO up 1 as well. Maybe children are buying games with money they got for Christmas?

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110033

We also see FIFA 18 Switch going up from 35th to 28th and Skyrim Switch coming back at 34th in the Value All Formats ranking.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Is digital counted for the charts now? They said they will be counting them just don't remember from when.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Which sort of makes the sudden drop to 18 a bit more jarring unless I'm missing a reason there.

Splatoon 2 suddenly jumping to 21 after not being in the chart last week is also weird.

Crash was probably very popular christmas gift so now after christmas it saw big drop (It's kid friendly game too and PS4 doesn't have too many of those). Nintendo trinity (Zelda, Mario Kart and Odyssey) are bought by almost all new switch owners so it makes sense they have better hold. Maybe Splatoon had some price promotions?

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Crash was probably very popular christmas gift so now after christmas it saw big drop (It's kid friendly game too and PS4 doesn't have too many of those). Nintendo trinity (Zelda, Mario Kart and Odyssey) are bought by almost all new switch owners so it makes sense they have better hold. Maybe Splatoon had some price promotions?
Right, but it's not just the Nintendo software that rose through the ranks: Skyrim Switch and FIFA 18 Switch went up a decent number of places as well.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Right, but it's not just the Nintendo software that rose through the ranks: Skyrim Switch and FIFA 18 Switch went up a decent number of places as well.
Yeah, I have been saying this for a while now, but these titles are showing good legs in pretty much every market. Its a sign that the market for these types of games on the Switch is rapidly growing, and that future titles will perform better from the get go. I still dont understand why some posters are calling FIFA Switch a massive failure. It clearly isnt.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
GTS is >400k in physical by now most likely.

With a not-too-generous 20% digital attachment, Gran Turismo Sport definitely sold over 500K copies in 2017. Personally speaking, I don't see the game staying in the UK charts for as long as Forza Horizon 3 did, especially with the latter being bundled throughout the entire year, but here's hoping that its legs are relatively long.

Gran Turismo Sport ended up being my surprise of the year after a rather underwhelming prerelease reception. The HDR implementation continues to astound me!

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
With a not-too-generous 20% digital attachment, Gran Turismo Sport definitely sold over 500K copies in 2017. Personally speaking, I don't see the game staying in the UK charts for as long as Forza Horizon 3 did, especially with the latter being bundled throughout the entire year, but here's hoping that its legs are relatively long.

Gran Turismo Sport ended up being my surprise of the year after a rather underwhelming prerelease reception. The HDR implementation continues to astound me!

I don't think is "not-too-generous". To seem a realistic estimate, let's not forget how many of those sales come from bundle and deals.

Of course we still talk about very good numbers.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bruno MB do you have the full year scans from 2016 published by MVCUK?

This is Software, not Hardware
One thing we can say is that with Week 52's data in, we can see that physical sales on PS4 were up by 6.6 per cent over the year, while Xbox One's physical sales slumped by 11.1 per cent over the same period - largely due to a very slim lineup of big exclusives on the console.
http://www.mcvuk.com/articles/retai...n-and-ps4-up-yoy-while-market-holds-against-d

Emilijo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Best selling items on amazon UK in 2017

1. Crash Bandicoot PS4
2. FIFA 18 PS4
3. FIFA 18 XBO
4. Mario Kart Deluxe NSW
5. Mario Odyssey NSW
6. Horizon Zero Dawn PS4
7. Zelda Breath of the Wild NSW
8. PS4 Controller
9. COD PS4
10. Uncharted LL PS4
11. Battlefront II PS4
12. Switch Console Neon
13. XBO Controller White
14. Switch Console Grey
15. GTA V PS4
16. XBO Controller Black
17. GT Sport PS4
18. Battlefront II XBO
19. RE7 PS4
20. Ghost Recon PS4

23. Splatoon 2 NSW
32. Forza 7 XBO

45. PS4 Console
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/2017/videogames#1

Four PS4 exclusives in top 20. It was a good year for PS4 exclusives.

xICHIGOx

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think is "not-too-generous". To seem a realistic estimate, let's not forget how many of those sales come from bundle and deals.

Of course we still talk about very good numbers.
The game was discounted on PSN like the retail version and we know that the digital share in UK can be as big as 50% and GTS is the kind of game that it's well suited for a digital version giving the full online nature of the game.
I bet that the digital share is way higher than 20% for the total.

rahzel

Oct 27, 2017
The game was discounted on PSN like the retail version and we know that the digital share in UK can be as big as 50% and GTS is the kind of game that it's well suited for a digital version giving the full online nature of the game.
I bet that the digital share is way higher than 20% for the total.
I agree, I think it's way higher than 20% and probably closer to 40%, but that's just a guess.

GT Sport just seems like the type of game that digital makes more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.