• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
One thing I want to note is how PUBG had a really good second week at retail. Despite being a code in a box, it's selling really well at retail and I can only imagine it must be selling even more via digital download. Great performance so far.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess..? It all seems equally trivial and a rather fruitless and pointless (well apart from one obvious motive) comparison to make due to significant price, date and install base differences.
Both games are the biggest platformers of the year. They will obviously be compared.

As far as the bold, it certainly didn't help Knack 2 or other similarly priced games.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Man GTAV is gonna keep on selling well till read dead 2 though more thinking GTA6 or the PS4 stops selling.

Oct 25, 2017

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's selling as well as Ubisoft's other turn based game that they released this year.

That's an interesting comparison I can get behind. I assume you mean *that game* on both PS4 + Xbox One = Mario + Rabbids?

I wonder about a Mario + Rabbids 2 ultimately, considering *that game* is a sequel in and within itself.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would love to see some numbers of how much Crash has sold.

It's the best selling Ps4 exclusive this year ahead of GT Sports which sold < 304k - 387.5k as of week 49

If you want to know this weeks numbers

01 (01) CALL OF DUTY: WWII (ACTIVISION) ~ 207,000 (+43%)
02 (02) FIFA 18 (EA SPORTS)
03 (03) STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II (EA GAMES) - 88,316 (+26%)
04 (05) ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS (UBISOFT)
05 (07) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (ROCKSTAR)
06 (10) CRASH BANDICOOT: N'SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION)
07 (04) SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
08 (04) PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND (MICROSOFT) ~ 29,000 - 31,500 (-55%)
09 (11) THE SIMS 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
10 (08) WWE 2K18 (TAKE 2)

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy-7.gif

Call of Duty is back to rivaling FIFA at the top of the chart. Both are near 2m and the only games to sell that much.

I'll have to check the exact number later. But Crash will be over half a million in the UK at retail alone come the end of the year. So it's going to be really high on the annual chart.

How is GTS doing. Is it closer to 350k or 400k?

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like it's being made a bigger deal here than the people who said it they're just alil shocked that's all they said...

I mean the comment I quoted to rebut used the word "astonishing" and another user apparently needed to lie down after seeing this chart. So I don't think I'm the one making a big deal of things. They at least seemed more than a little shocked.

But unless there's anything else we're missing here I'm ready to call it quits, I've not seen anything explaining this that I didn't already know and before I get reminded of things I already knew yet again this can be dropped.

NSESN

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I had different expectations for MR and Splat 2. What you said about Splat 2 may be true, but I think MR is doing well to sell on par with Splat 2.
I definitely agree M+R is doing well, but Splatoon 2 isn't only behind it but also behind 1-2 switch. It already shipped more than 3 million WW it should perform better in UK.

ZhugeEX

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I have my doubts if that is really good. Splatoon 2 is doing well everywhere but it seems so weak in UK.

Splatoon 2 is still the 5th best selling game on Switch in the UK at retail. You're right that it's not as big in the UK as the US or Japan. But for Mario X Rabbids to be selling on par (potentially better next year) is a really good result for Ubisoft. Like I said above, It's selling as well as South Park too.

How is GTS doing. Is it closer to 350k or 400k?

The latter.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
If it's anything like the US then you can expect around 25% ish.

Eh. It's the UK. I wouldn't read too much into it. Mario Odyssey is doing really well alongside Zelda and Mario Kart 8.
Do the European charts include digital numbers for ps4 and Xbox one like NPD? Obviously no numbers from Nintendo.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Call of Duty is back to rivaling FIFA at the top of the chart. Both are near 2m and the only games to sell that much.

I'll have to check the exact number later. But Crash will be over half a million in the UK at retail alone come the end of the year. So it's going to be really high on the annual chart.
I think that Crash will be one of the best selling title of this generation in Italy too.

ZhugeEX

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Do the European charts include digital numbers for ps4 and Xbox one like NPD? Obviously no numbers from Nintendo.

No. European charts are 100% physical at the moment.

Although there are plans to add digital sales by 2019 in the UK at least.

I've said this in prior threads but it is important to keep in mind that GfK data is 100% physical and that some games today can sell 50% or more of their copies via digital download, not to mention the 100's of digital only games that are never tracked in these charts. Therefore, GfK data is become more and more irrelevant each week and it's worth bearing in mind that there is a huge part of the picture missing when looking at this data.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
No. European charts are 100% physical at the moment.

Although there are plans to add digital sales by 2019 in the UK at least.

I've said this in prior threads but it is important to keep in mind that GfK data is 100% physical and that some games today can sell 50% or more of their copies via digital download, not to mention the 100's of digital only games that are never tracked in these charts. Therefore, GfK data is become more and more irrelevant each week and it's worth bearing in mind that there is a huge part of the picture missing when looking at this data.
Do we only get the digital ratio from publishers/Sony/Microsoft or does gfk ever get any of that data and share it.

ethomaz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Albertina
GTS holding strong yet.

Probably around 550k if digital included.

It has good changes to beat GT5 in 2010 (best first year GT in UK with ~600k).

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
COD WW2 is seriously something else.

It's going to easily be the best selling COD title of the current gen

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny 2 seems a little low? Surprised it's at 15, though that is still 4 spots up from 19. Still doesn't seem great to me.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Wow, Crash is a Beast of nature.

SLB1904

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I haven't bought crash yet
I thought it would be ÂŁ10 buy now lol
My Backlog is huge anyway ill wait

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Splatoon 2 is still the 5th best selling game on Switch in the UK at retail. You're right that it's not as big in the UK as the US or Japan. But for Mario X Rabbids to be selling on par (potentially better next year) is a really good result for Ubisoft. Like I said above, It's selling as well as South Park too.

The latter.

Selling better in the UK or WW? Also are you including digital in your assement?

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
If crash is already past 500K physical alone in the UK is 1 million lifetime possible with digital sales? That would be something else.

COD WW2 is seriously something else.

It's going to easily be the best selling COD title of the current gen

It's just incredible how COD just manages to stay at the top. The shooter genre just gets more and more competitive with battlefield, overwatch, counter strike, PUBG etc all competing and COD seems to just keep powering on even with yearly releases. The brand is just so insanely popular.

Also as they get better at monetising the game their revenue must also be seeing significant increases even when unit sales are stagnant.

lolilolailo

Oct 27, 2017
Best selling games in 2017 on Amazon Spain:

1. FIFA 18
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
4. Call Of Duty WWII
5. Zelda: Breath Of The Wild
6. Grand Theft Auto V
7. Uncharted: Lost Legacy
8. Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy
9. Splatoon 2
10. Horizon Zero Dawn

Best selling consoles in 2017 on Amazon Spain:

1. Switch neon blue / red
2. Switch grey
3. SNES Classic Mini
4. PS4 + That's you!
5. NES Classic Mini
6. PS4 Slim
7. PS4 Pro
8. Nintendo New 2DS XL
9. Switch + Super Mario Odyssey Bundle
10. Nintendo 2DS + New Super Mario Bros 2

freeradical

Oct 27, 2017
Well done Crash!!
I hope Activision realise that they could double sales by releasing on other platforms. Switch is a thing now and Microsoft have hardware as well (I kid you not).
Hunger knows no bounds.

Rellik

Oct 28, 2017

1. FIFA 18
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
4. Call Of Duty WWII
6. Grand Theft Auto V
9. Splatoon 2
10. Horizon Zero Dawn

2. Switch grey
3. SNES Classic Mini
4. PS4 + That's you!
5. NES Classic Mini
6. PS4 Slim
7. PS4 Pro
8. Nintendo New 2DS XL

Not surprising but not even one Xbox One SKU on the best selling consoles... damn. Anyone has Xbox One X numbers besides UK & US?

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

1. FIFA 18
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
4. Call Of Duty WWII
6. Grand Theft Auto V
9. Splatoon 2
10. Horizon Zero Dawn

2. Switch grey
3. SNES Classic Mini
4. PS4 + That's you!
5. NES Classic Mini
6. PS4 Slim
7. PS4 Pro
8. Nintendo New 2DS XL
Where are these numbers from? AFAIK amazon Spain doesn't have a yearly best seller ranking. Did they release a press statement?

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Best selling items on amazon UK in 2017

1. Crash Bandicoot PS4
2. FIFA 18 PS4
3. FIFA 18 XBO
4. Mario Kart Deluxe NSW
5. Mario Odyssey NSW
6. Horizon Zero Dawn PS4
7. Zelda Breath of the Wild NSW
8. PS4 Controller
9. COD PS4