• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
ab4fe5af5e.jpeg
Nice, though PS4 version of Fifa still dominating as expected. Switch version also has to compete with the PS4 Fifa bundle which I expect gets a lot of sales each week here

Deleted member 62

The good thing about Switch in UK is the persistence of its major games. Zelda, Kart, Odyssey, 1, 2..Switch still charting show that the platform has a good performance over months even if in terms of raw numbers it might be selling less than other PAL countries.

In terms of hardware numbers, the UK is the second biggest market for Switch in Europe and the fourth-biggest worldwide. The system and the first party software are doing well in the UK.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dw 9 is below Bayonetta 2 lol.

Well, sayonara Koei lol. Holy goddo how can Koei F up this big is beyond me.

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
Forza Horizon 3 is above FM7 and GT Sport isn't even in the top 40, I think the legs on that game can only be beaten by GTA V and Minecraft.

FH4 is going to be a monster
FH3 is bundled with near enough every XB1 sold in the UK. Based on the odd numbers we have, lifetime will be around the 200k+ mark. FM7 is around 100k, GT Sport about 400k.

Tiber

Nov 1, 2017

It seems quite a straw-man argument. I haven't read anyone saying that no one would want a Crash game in 2017. In fact, Crash is one of the most beloved properties of the 90s and it was HUGE in UK. The Wrath of Cortex, which is not the most favorite game in the franchise sold a freaking amount of 600k+ units in UK alone.

Oh I always thought it would be a success, especially here.

But after the annoucement and in the run up to launch many posters (well I suppose not on Reset Era) were quite vocal regarding their view that nobody gave a damn about Crash anymore.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
In terms of hardware numbers, the UK is the second biggest market for Switch in Europe and the fourth-biggest worldwide. The system and the first party software is doing well in the UK.

Yes, I know. What I meant was in terms of relative numbers. As far as I remember, in UK Switch is not doing as well as in Germany or Spain considering the size of the market and how much the competitors are selling.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Oh I always thought it would be a success, especially here.

But after the annoucement and in the run up to launch many posters (well I suppose not on Reset Era) were quite vocal regarding their view that nobody gave a damn about Crash anymore.

I don't know. I haven't seen many people stating that. Even then, they were wrong to being with. Crash was huge in Europe and banking on nostalgia has always worked recently.

Emilijo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Crash at #11 almost 8 months after release. This is probably PS4 exclusive with longest legs.

Jamie Summers

Nov 15, 2017
Bayonetta was sold out on Amazon UK for at a day or two before launch day and on release day so probably could have done better with more stock there

Frankie_baby

Banned
Feb 11, 2018
Yes, I know. What I meant was in terms of relative numbers. As far as I remember, in UK Switch is not doing as well as in Germany or Spain considering the size of the market and how much the competitors are selling.

Worth noting germany is noticeably bigger than the UK population wise and switch is selling better here than there

Also worth noting that unlike almost any other country the UK has the xbone taking a noticeble chunk of the market

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
It seems quite a straw-man argument. I haven't read anyone saying that no one would want a Crash game in 2017. In fact, Crash is one of the most beloved properties of the 90s and it was HUGE in UK. The Wrath of Cortex, which is not the most favorite game in the franchise sold a freaking amount of 600k+ units in UK alone.
Really? Btw, even Activision was surprised by Crash performance.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Worth noting germany is noticeably bigger than the UK population wise and switch is selling better here than there

Population doesn't mean much. You must look at potential customerbase and as far as I remember UK is still a bigger market than Germany (even if they might be very close).

Really? Btw, even Activision was surprised by Crash performance.

There's a middle ground between "no one wants a Crash game" and "the game is breaking records".

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FH3 is bundled with near enough every XB1 sold in the UK. Based on the odd numbers we have, lifetime will be around the 200k+ mark. FM7 is around 100k, GT Sport about 400k.

What numbers do we have for GTS, FM7 and FH3 in the UK?

And also, are we calling FH3 a system seller then as Im pretty sure GTS and FM7 have bundles as well.

Frankie_baby

Banned
Feb 11, 2018
Anyone got any back of a fag packet maths for what fifa switch is at now? I'd guess over 50k at least but that's out of my ass

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

FH3 sold well over 300K in 2017 alone.
For LTD you need to add the launch year 2016, too.

FM7 sold 200k+ in in 2017 and GTS is more about 500k.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
FH3 is the only console bundle available on Xbox in the UK so you're right and I'm wrong lol.

It's the most popular and cheapest bundle available almost everywhere. The top 3 Xbox One SKUs in terms of popularity at Game include Forza Horizon 3, the other being the Xbox One X. Its the best selling Xbox One bundle on Amazon.co.uk and Tesco. It dominates HotUKDeals Xbox One listings, etc etc. Add to that the fact that GfK have outright stated on numerous weeks that its long lasting performance is due to being heavily bundled.

Last edited:

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Dayum, those percentage differences between xbox and PS4 versions are simply brutal lol. Considering this is xbox's second biggest market, PS4 is absolutely dominating UK.

You know you don't have to post this every single week or every single time a PS4 version sells better than the Xbox One version. It's an obvious statement.

It's getting a bit annoying at this point. Comment on something else.

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's the most popular and cheapest bundle available almost everywhere. The top 3 Xbox One SKUs in terms of popularity at Game include Forza Horizon 3, the other being the Xbox One X. Its the best selling Xbox One bundle on Amazon.co.uk and Tesco. It dominates HotUKDeals Xbox One listings, etc etc. Add to that the fact that GfK have outright stated it owes on numerous weeks that its long lasting performance is due to being heavily bundled.

Hmmmm. So do you mean that people who are buying into the eco system are also choosing to make FH3 the game they want to bundle - a system seller some might say or does Xbox just need to get more bundles out there on the market cause theres not enough choice?

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmmm. So do you mean that people who are buying into the eco system are also choosing to make FH3 the game they want to bundle - a system seller some might say or does Xbox just need to get more bundles out there on the market cause theres not enough choice?

I wouldn't know in all honesty, I will say that it is probably the best game to start your Xbox One library off with.

We'd probably be able to get a better idea of the series engagement and its growth from the performance of the next entry, but then Game Pass happened lol.

marc^o^

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
To give context to overall Fifa sales numbers: there are >60K players online in seasons on Switch, vs >3M on PS4. Switch seasons players = 2% of how many they are on PS4.

I guess the figure could change to 3-5% in coming months, and EA is ok with such a growth for its franchise.

I believe they can double it next year with a bigger Switch install base, and a more feature complete Fifa version.

Online with friends is a must.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think the thing to remember for FIFA on Switch is that most sales are just growth for the franchise, and this is a version I can see quite a few double dippers for. If they work on making the future versions more feature parity then I think the growth will just keep going.

Lurcharound

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Not surprised at SOTC drop really. It's essentially a re-release of a game that's already had two releases - despite the remake element this time around - and thus I'd expect it to be front loaded first week then drop fairly quickly to low level sales, particularly at retail.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
Ad said in the Media Create thread, i wasn't expecting a good debut in UK for Bayonetta 2, but outselling the Wii U version is a good sign. Should easy have better legs.

I really want to see France, Spain and USA sales, feel like the game did very good there.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mario Kart at full price continues to laugh in the face of all the discounted and packed-in racing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.