• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just a rough guess on the UK numbers for the week, I'm guessing Metal Gear Survive didn't exactly like the chart on fire, did it?

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Depends. But i had higher chance of outselling the original on Switch right now.

Pokken and Mk8DX. Bayonetta, Hyrule Warrior and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

All had posibilities of doing better than wii u release.
I think Hyrule Warriors will struggle, it did over 1m copies on Wii U didn't it? Plus it then saw a 3DS port as well

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Depends. But i had higher chance of outselling the original on Switch right now.

Pokken and Mk8DX. Bayonetta, Hyrule Warrior and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

All had posibilities of doing better than wii u release.
Bayonetta didn't, Hyrule and DK haven't released yet if I'm not wrong.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
If Bayonetta stays in the Top 40 it'll have done better than 2nd which in the UK on Wii U

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bayonetta didn't, Hyrule and DK haven't released yet if I'm not wrong.

I put them on italics as possible ports which can beat their original release.

Bayo 2 this time is released on not dead platform. With deals and discount. It will be able to beat Bayo 2 on wii u which is not even able to reach 1 million.

I think Hyrule Warriors will struggle, it did over 1m copies on Wii U didn't it? Plus it then saw a 3DS port as well

It will all depends. Zelda IP right now is on much more powerful position vs previous time at Wii U. If marketed properly, it should be able to sold great to all those new Switch owner who dont own Wii U.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
"Europe finally gets a video game chart with digital data" – https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...lly-gets-a-video-game-chart-with-digital-data

The official video game charts in France will now feature digital downloads.

It is the first country to see the new GSD (Game Sales Data) charts - led by European trade body ISFE - with 41 other territories to follow.

The UK will receive its own digital/physical GSD chart in January 2019, once the current deal with charts supplier GfK comes to an end.

Activision Blizzard, Bandai Namco, Capcom, Codemasters, EA, Focus, Koch Media, Microsoft, Milestone, Paradox, Sega, Sony, Square Enix, Take-Two, Ubisoft and Warner Bros will all be supplying full priced, full game download figures for PC and consoles.

The main hold-outs from the charts are Bethesda, Konami and Nintendo

Suw4rbox

Alt-Account.
Banned
Dec 2, 2017
http://ukie.org.uk/news/2018/02/fifa-18-holds-top-spot-its-sixth-no1

EA's 'FIFA 18' remains at No1 for a second consecutive week and a total of six times on the All Formats Top 40. Rockstar/Take 2 climb 1 place to No2 with 'GTA V' and Activision climb 5 places to No3 with 'Call of Duty WWII'.

This week's biggest new release is Konami's 'Metal Gear Survive' for PS4/Xbox One debuting at No6.

Last week's 'Kingdom Come: Deliverance' from Deep Silver drops from a debut at No2 to No12 this week.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Metal Gear charted higher than I thought it would, GTS will most likely only enter charts ever again if bundled or reduced in price heavily and thus sharing the same pattern as FM7, PUBG still holding strong, as well as Crash which has incredible legs.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
It will all depends. Zelda IP right now is on much more powerful position vs previous time at Wii U. If marketed properly, it should be able to sold great to all those new Switch owner who dont own Wii U.

It will also be attractive for people who played the game on Wii U but didn't buy all DLC or for people who didn't play both Wii U and 3DS versions of the game. And you always have the super fans who will triple dip. So I think Hyrule Warriors will sell quite well, better than on Wii U.

OP
OP
Bruno MB

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Metal Gear Survive must have debuted selling around 5% of Metal Gear Solid V launch.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
It will also be attractive for people who played the game on Wii U but didn't buy all DLC or for people who didn't play both Wii U and 3DS versions of the game. And you always have the super fans who will triple dip. So I think Hyrule Warriors will sell quite well, better than on Wii U.
*raises hand*

Never even opened the 3DS Special Edition

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca

Wow, big news. It's about time this started happening.

As for the non-participants, well, Nintendo doesn't surprise me since their online numbers are going to look pretty paltry in comparison with the competition, and Konami is lol. They might as well not exist in the console space these days. Bethesda though, you'd think they would be willing to get in on this.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
*raises hand*

Never even opened the 3DS Special Edition

I played the game on Wii U but didn't buy any DLC. I liked it but I didn't love it, so I haven't yet decided if I'm going to buy it on Switch again. It will depend on the price and how busy I am when it releases, I might wait for a price cut.

Wow, big news. It's about time this started happening.

As for the non-participants, well, Nintendo doesn't surprise me since their online numbers are going to look pretty paltry in comparison with the competition, and Konami is lol. They might as well not exist in the console space these days. Bethesda though, you'd think they would be willing to get in on this.

I still don't get it. Even if Nintendo digital ratio is lower than Sony's or Microsoft's, it's always better that Media says Oddisey sold 10 M instead of 9 M (not real numbers, just an example), right?. The higher your sales are publicly reported, the better. It would have certainly helped public perception of Bayo 1+2 on Switch compared to Wii U version.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
MHW same spot as last week, that 7 million announcement can't come soon enough.

Also, was Mario Kart always bigger than the platforming Mario? I think it has been outselling it constantly, in the UK at least.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
wgSQ85E.jpg

Fifa 18 still selling better on switch than the Xbox One..

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
Bayonetta 2 at 19, much better than the 2nd week wipe out the Wii u version had

Expected. Was obvius legs would have been better.

Would Kirby have a shot at reaching top of the chart when it launches or do Kirby games not sell well in UK?

No way. Knowing UK, Kirby probabily gonna sell like 5-6K first week. It will have amazing legs but first week will be super low.

Best selling videogames of 2017 in France (physical only) :

Source (behind a paywall)

Other important data:

- Market up 18% YoY with 4.3 billion € spent in 2017 by consumers.
- Hardware (consoles only, excluding PC) sales up 31% at 784 million €
- Software sales up 21% at 1.3 billion € (digital sales represent 41% of that number, up 46% YoY. Physical sales are up 6% YoY)

That's worth a thread but I can't make one!

Still waiting for console sales... COD WWII sold like triple compared to Infinite Warfare lol.

AC origins sold similar to Black Flag, let's go! It's been a loooooong time since Assassin's Creed sold that well.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
MHW same spot as last week, that 7 million announcement can't come soon enough.

Also, was Mario Kart always bigger than the platforming Mario? I think it has been outselling it constantly, in the UK at least.

There is not a lot of franchises bigger than Mario Kart.

The game sold >35m on Wii and is still selling lol.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How the heck is 1-2 Switch still charting? I don't get it lol.

Because as shallow as the game is, it is easily a big title for casual non gamer audience.

The only big problem for this new rerelease is whether musou fatigue is as bad as many predicted and whether it can cause the game to perform worst there.

Status
Not open for further replies.