• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
60fps and Crossplay. HELL YEAH!

That's one surprise less for the Direct, though.

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So if I played a lot of Overwatch on PC, I should be fine with this type of gameplay yes?

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
60fps and Crossplay. HELL YEAH!

That's one surprise less for the Direct, though.
Or maybe one surprise more that has not been leaked!!
Kind of dissapointed at not being able to play f2p from the get go, since I already have an account with some characters. But will definitely play it!

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
where are you folks seeing crossplay? not seeing it on the source

would be nice if it were xbox-switch crossplay able.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
is this game even fun? or is it an overwatch clone?

It's fun yes,

It's less Overwatch and more TF2 with the way card builds work similar to TF2 gear

It's really fun and the idea that it's fun factor is lessened because it's an "overwatch clone" or whatever the fuck that means is silly

Clones can be fun

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
If this has gyro controls (or they're patched in later) and you could use them in crossplay matches, would that be an unfair advantage? Or maybe they'll keep it to PC/Switch only.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good, that said I'd probably wait till it's F2P. I already own the pack on PC and I feel like I'd rather play it on PC most of the time anyway.

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they won't even put it in the Direct now. More room for other things*

*I'm aware that's not how it works

You already answered. lol

I hope Nintendo can make the leaks stop til next week, because every single game shown before the Direct make for one reason less to hype it.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I really dont mind Paladins, really think it holds up with Overwatch.

I'll grab it again when its F2P, 60fps is a great choice.

Cross play with what though???

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's fun yes,

It's less Overwatch and more TF2 with the way card builds work similar to TF2 gear

It's really fun and the idea that it's fun factor is lessened because it's an "overwatch clone" or whatever the fuck that means is silly

Clones can be fun
I remember when all FPS were referred to as Doom clones.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
It doesn't specify which platforms will be included in the crossplay. Isn't the game currently gated to each specific platform? I wonder if they're just gonna open up the whole thing or if we're gonna get the usual Switch + XB1 + PC in one corner and PS4 in the other.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
You already answered. lol

I hope Nintendo can make the leaks stop til next week, because every single game shown before the Direct make for one reason less to hype it.

I mean they kinda leaked this one themselves. Sure, it was on that sheet but I doubt all that many people knew about that. They pushed updates for it and Fortnite on the eShop, so it's not like they were trying to hide these games or save them as surprises.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the crossplay future is now

if they confirm gyro assisted aim I'm in

if you release a shooter without gyro assisted aim on Switch you're fucking up

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
You know, why not? I'll buy it! I barely, if at all, played it on PS4 since I already had Overwatch. But on Switch I could definitely pay for the Founder's Pack. I hope that the gameplay has improved since I had last tried it.

Plus Crossplay and 60FPS is all kinds of amazing!

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Hope it does well, they always kind of got pumped as the poor mans overwatch but i actually prefer it's character designs .

Hopefully does gangbusters on switch I will defintely be picking it up.

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
I mean they kinda leaked this one themselves. Sure, it was on that sheet but I doubt all that many people knew about that. They pushed updates for it and Fortnite on the eShop, so it's not like they were trying to hide these games or save them as surprises.

You are right, but so am I. Your stance doesn't exclude mine.

Nintendo should be more secretive this year, or at least try to. Especially in 2018 where most of the big games aren't new ones nor new IPs.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't specify which platforms will be included in the crossplay. Isn't the game currently gated to each specific platform? I wonder if they're just gonna open up the whole thing or if we're gonna get the usual Switch + XB1 + PC in one corner and PS4 in the other.

I'm guessing it'll be similar to Rocket League. Xbox, PC and Switch all play together.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
the crossplay future is now

if they confirm gyro assisted aim I'm in

if you release a shooter without gyro assisted aim on Switch you're fucking up

Yeah, playing a shooter and being forced to use the Joycon's right stick to aim is very ungood. Pro Controller is better, but Joycon without gyro is a recipe for frustration.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm tempted to buy this, actually. With no Overwatch and seemingly no Call of Duty coming to the Switch any time soon the console's severely lacking in popular multiplayer FPSes. I've played enough of the game on PS4 to know I'd probably like it so, as long as it's a good port, I can see myself paying for the Founder's Edition.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Are people begging for gyro aiming on Twitter yet? If not, what's the point of even having a Twitter account?

papercan

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if they dropped this, Fortnite, Hollow Knight and say...Mother 3 all at once during the direct.

Wonder how long it would take the eShop to crash.
All part of their plan to get people paying for the 'new' eshop+ in September.

I'd take a bad direct if it meant hollow knight straight after, though i'm hoping for pikmin 4 and something else new.

Status
Not open for further replies.