• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like Overwatch isnt happening anytime soon - so that would be nice on Switch for people interested in these type of games.

Maybe its a January Direct announcement ?

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Paladins is UE3, apparently. It wouldn't shock me if they just updated to a newer version of UE3 that happened to have Switch support (Rocket League) and you see some config file crust as a result.

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
Nice of them to port it but fuck Hi-Rez, I'm not gonna touch this

Playing this would be complacency in the murder of Tribes for me

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So that would possibly bring it to two big free to play games

Paladins & Arena of Valor I think it's called?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paladins is UE3, apparently. It wouldn't shock me if they just updated to a newer version of UE3 that happened to have Switch support (Rocket League).

I don't think UE3 is updated by Epic any more(someone correct me if I'm wrong), Rocket League would have been ported wholesale.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like the thread backfired on you, OP
I'm ok with F2P games with microtransactions, is the ones that ask for money up front that bothers me.

Deleted member 7450

Oct 25, 2017
Paladins is successful already.
Paladins doesn't cost +$60.

Even if/when the monetization becomes shite, you didn't pay for it.
Unninstal game, problem solved.

OP
OP
Silky

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Feels like the thread backfired on you, OP
I'm ok with F2P games with microtransactions, is the ones that ask for money up front that bothers me.

Ain't shit backfired I said what I said

Oh no

Paladins is successful already.
Paladins doesn't cost +$60.

Even if/when the monetization becomes shite, you didn't pay for it.
Unninstal game, problem solved.

It's perfectly possible to criticize and be upset with techniques in game monetization EVEN WHEN THE GAME is free. This isn't rocket science. Things aren't magically negated because you dictate it to be so.

Oct 25, 2017
Well if it turns out it doesn't have gyro support If it's ACTUALLY in the cards for them to do a Beta on switch, I don't see the point, personally.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I agree OP, their monetization has become horrible lately

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If Battlefront 2 monetization grinded people's gears then HOOOO BOI when people see Paladins

Also Hi-Rez is bad
What did they do now?
It's a free2play game so obviously not everything is gonna be free, but I got all champs for 20 bucks and most mtx are cosmetics?
Also, I guess you have a grudge against Hi-Rez since you think its a direct copy of OW, but they play different enough, trust me.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
While news of a Switch port might be interesting, this thread is not constructive. We encourage you or anyone else to remake the thread with a more constructive OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.