• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

crafton

Oct 28, 2017
So it looks like when you link a Hi rez account to Smite on the Switch it also automatically links Paladins too.
Wish I'd have known that when unlinking my Switch from the Hi Rez account right after as I just found my old Xbox Smite account and wanted to link it to that instead, lost my founders pack and account progression.
I've fired off a ticket so hopefully they can restore it, anyone had any luck with support on an issue like this?

Edit: sorted it, must have been a bug or a cool down on being able to reattach your Switch account to your Hi Rez account. After a week I was able to reattach my Switch account and get back my progress.

Last edited:

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
80% of my matches: "No Support! No Frontline!" It's kinda tiresome.
If I would not like playing those roles and classes then I would probably not care anymore. But from time to time I would like to play a different role and try out some characters.
I guess I could also be an bad teamplayer and just play what I want, but that's not me.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
If I would not like playing those roles and classes then I would probably not care anymore. But from time to time I would like to play a different role and try out some characters.
I guess I could also be an bad teamplayer and just play what I want, but that's not me.
It's always like that in role based MP games.
Ppl just love to play DPS/Flank more than anything.

Thank god i like playing Support and most of them are actually fun in this game.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Among my group, I'm usually the designated healer.

In fact, i have a build called "Non-Pip Pip", because it focuses only on healing the team and keeping alive the tank.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I played my first ranked match and it was a nice experience, actual teamwork and going for the objective. Sadly my internet is crappy right now so not going to bother with laggy matches :-(
My favourite heroes so far are Ash, Drogoz, Furia and Inara. I wanna like Fernando but not sure how to use him effectively.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Hello thread

How common is the Champions Pack to be discounted on Steam?

Dunno about steam, but not all that frequently on other platforms. I just learned, however, that you can still buy the founders pack through other storefronts like Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Paladins-Founders-Pack-Online-Game/dp/B074MGS64J

It's cheaper and includes more (all champs + voice packs + infernal warhorse mount + limited Fernando skin) than the Champions Pack.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Dunno about steam, but not all that frequently on other platforms. I just learned, however, that you can still buy the founders pack through other storefronts like Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Paladins-Founders-Pack-Online-Game/dp/B074MGS64J

It's cheaper and includes more (all champs + voice packs + infernal warhorse mount + limited Fernando skin) than the Champions Pack.

Steam has regional pricing here for brazil ... so it buying the champions pack is RIDICULOUSLY CHEAPER than buying in dollar because brazilian money sux =/

edit:
Price of the champions pass in dollar:
ZOVRyVP.png

Price of the Founders Pack in Dollars:
5o9jXui.png

Full price of Champions Pack in brazilian steam store :
Ntp0VOa.png

"smaller price registered" in brazilian steam store with enhanced steam:
pxYbrvh.png

Last edited:

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Steam has regional pricing here for brazil ... so it buying the champions pack is RIDICULOUSLY CHEAPER than buying in dollar because brazilian money sux =/

Aww, too bad. Well, hopefully it goes on discount soon, then. In the meantime, don't be shy about getting champions with gold. Once you buy the Champions Pack or Founders Pack, they'll refund whatever gold you spent on unlocking champions before then.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
i loaded up the game last night and got notifications for like 14 radiant chests. Apparently those don't even exist anymore so I was pretty confused.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Yeah, I don't think they're too interested in balancing the class spread, unfortunately. I've already got the majority of supports at level 20+. I'd like some more variety when my team inevitably pushes me into the role.

If we're lucky, Imani will be the only damage this year and we'll get a second Frontline/Support instead.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Anyone excited about Atlas release? I have to admit that i am not playing Tanks a lot but he looks super interesting. Can't wait to try him, he has some really interesting and for Paladins unique abilities. But this update delay and waiting... ugh.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
The new update is out tomorrow...

...for all platforms except PS4

PS4 Champions: We ran into a snag in the certification process that requires us to delay the Future's End update on PS4. We'll keep you updated and let you know as soon as we hear back! This will not affect any other platforms.

Good looking out, Sony!

tenor.gif

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
And with that the champions pack is half price on steam =D

Anything I need to know about buying it on steam so I can use them on my switch?

edit: I need to at least login in the pc version so the switch version sees it O.o

Last edited:

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Yeah, I think Atlas is one of the coolest champions they've added in a long while. He takes a lot of thought and care to use well, but can devastatingly counteract many previously uncounterable abilities if used wisely.

Really put off by the new Battle Pass. They increased the XP needed to complete it again. I only barely finished the last one, and that was after the update was delayed by several weeks. I played enough each day to complete my daily objectives too.

This is the first one I won't buy. I like the BK skin, and I can be a notorious collector/completionist, but I can't stand to support how they're making each one harder and harder in order to squeeze money out of players by pushing them to buy levels. I've got better things to do with my time and money.

Last edited:

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
played the beta and played some more briefly last year but I just got into this game in a big way over the last few days
grabbed the character bundle while it was on sale and I'm having a blast trying out all the characters and such

did my ranked placements and was put at Silver I and got bumped up to Gold III last night after hitting 100, don't know how to quantify that in paladins terms but I felt pretty good about it

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
having a ton of fun with this game, very happy I happened to get into it when the champion bundle was discounted lol

Ash is probably my favorite for ranked, knocking people off the map is so satisfying

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Why doesn't Atlas get shielding credit on the stats after the match?

His shield is indestructible, and so doesn't seem to calculate damage done to it. Same thing applies to Terminus. It's pretty lame, I know.

The whole shielding stat is pretty whack though. Since it's based purely on damage done to your shield, that takes into account the increased damage done with Wrecker. That means that the number isn't really an accurate representation of the damage you negated, since if said damage hadn't been shielded, it wouldn't be doing the 75%-225% increased damage that it gets from Wrecker, but it records that increased amount when it is shielded.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
His shield is indestructible, and so doesn't seem to calculate damage done to it. Same thing applies to Terminus. It's pretty lame, I know.

The whole shielding stat is pretty whack though. Since it's based purely on damage done to your shield, that takes into account the increased damage done with Wrecker. That means that the number isn't really an accurate representation of the damage you negated, since if said damage hadn't been shielded, it wouldn't be doing the 75%-225% increased damage that it gets from Wrecker, but it records that increased amount when it is shielded.

Thanks for the insightful answer my friend!

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

Which gets pretty crazy when you think that Inara's shield does not receive more damage from wrecker, but from Bulldozer since it counts as a deployable not a .... shield.

and she still gets shield stats.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Which gets pretty crazy when you think that Inara's shield does not receive more damage from wrecker, but from Bulldozer since it counts as a deployable not a .... shield.

and she still gets shield stats.
But her wall is deployable, and it has it's own health and can be destroyed.
Stasis Field can't be destroyed, it only lasts for 5 seconds no matter what.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
But her wall is deployable, and it has it's own health and can be destroyed.
Stasis Field can't be destroyed, it only lasts for 5 seconds no matter what.

I am just saying the definition of shields is weird. Like Imani's Dragon which is a deployable, has it's own health and can be destroyed....but it is not a shield even if it fits pretty much every criteria of Inara's wall

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
New Street Style Update. Basically new skins, some balance changes and bugfixes.

BTW. I got the Street Style bundle, all 4 skins are amazing! I only wish they changed Maeve's tail. It doesn't fit the rest of the skin at all. :/
Thank you! Also see Atlas in ranked now :)

Edit: weird, just finished a ranked match and tried to start a new match and it wouldn't let me. Went to the main screen to start a ranked match and it's removed entirely. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I like this batch of skins more than most of the other skins in the game lol
Skye's sassy valley girl voice is just chefkiss.gif

definitely gonna get Skye or Ash
or possibly both

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Sad that they took end times mode and din't replaced by anything. Loved the mariokartness of it.

Also, Ash is a little bit too skinny in that skin ... I always saw her as huge strong women (in the weightlifting sense) =/

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
Two questions for the Switch version:

How do you block people after a match? Seems I can only block a player if they're on Switch as well but if they're from another platform I'm just stuck with them.

On Switch how do you open the chat box during a match? As far as I can tell you can only type text before and after a match while everyone else can use the dialog box during the game itself.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
every time I play Lex I feel like I'm cheating, only problem is mashing my finger for his shots lol

He's one of my best champions, but the community seems divided on whether or not he's cheap or weak. Perhaps he's not a champion that flourishes so much in high-level play. He does seem to lack in vertical mobility, but his autoaim move provides a strong counter for such champions who are vertically mobile. His DPS is beastly though, and if you've got increased damage and lifesteal against your bounty target, you can 1v1 like nobody's business.

I guess his greatest weakness is against groups (aside from when he's faced with a group where everyone is at half health), since multiple targets divert his autoaim, and aside from his ultimate, he has no AoE attacks. Cripples/Slows will also destroy him, so it might pay to leave some space for resilience depending on who you're up against.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
They announced Steel Forged Battle Pass yesterday.

image4-1.png

giphy.gif

The rest of the skins:

image19-1.png

image17.png

image1-1.png

They also finally announced Cottontail (or Bunny) Seris:

image11.jpg

It will be released on June 5, and it's direct 7.99 purchase.

We are also getting new map "Bazaar" and it looks absolutely beautiful.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
He's one of my best champions, but the community seems divided on whether or not he's cheap or weak. Perhaps he's not a champion that flourishes so much in high-level play. He does seem to lack in vertical mobility, but his autoaim move provides a strong counter for such champions who are vertically mobile. His DPS is beastly though, and if you've got increased damage and lifesteal against your bounty target, you can 1v1 like nobody's business.

I guess his greatest weakness is against groups (aside from when he's faced with a group where everyone is at half health), since multiple targets divert his autoaim, and aside from his ultimate, he has no AoE attacks. Cripples/Slows will also destroy him, so it might pay to leave some space for resilience depending on who you're up against.
yeah, I imagine his viability is very rank dependent
but he feels very strong where I'm at, just look at this nonsense (granted their Koga didn't seem to know what they were doing but still)
I love him
unless I'm playing against him lol
They announced Steel Forged Battle Pass yesterday.
I do like that Barik skin but I'm not too into the others

new map is beautiful, the layout looks fun too

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
https://www.paladins.com/news/finalists-voting

Voting on the finalists for the community skins is going on now.

Bummed that most of the submissions I liked didn't make it, and I'm kind of perplexed by some of Evil Mojo's choices. Two Talus designs from the same artist. Two deep sea Grover concepts. A pirate Ash when we've got a pirate event/pass coming this year. I dunno... with so many choices, I think they could have brought in a greater variety for the finalists.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
yeah, Monkey King Talus is the only one that really caught my eye and prob the only one I'd consider buying if it got made

voted for that one, Khan Lian, coral Grover, and pirate Ash
the shield becoming a sail is a really cute idea

Eterno

Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Voted too. Not really inspired by Lian's designs. I don't play her or Ash so wouldn't be too interested anyway.
Monkey King Talus would be fun to have, big sayuki vibe. Scarecrow Groover would be a nice skin to play with around Halloween so voted for it.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Did a healer Skye build and to my surprise I was the top healer.

Smoke bomb healing friends and yourself almost instantly

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
They changed and posted their roadmap for the rest of the year:

https://www.paladins.com/news/developer-update-2019-roadmap

New Support champion IO that is coming mid July:

vVu7p1d.png

9EVMH2T.jpg

May
Siege Map: Bazaar
Steel Forged Battle Pass

July
New Support Champion
Beach Bash Battle Pass

September
New Game Mode
New Battle Pass

November
New Frontline Champion
New Battle Pass

A woman that is already getting a beach suit?
You were better than this paladins =P