• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wesman

Oct 30, 2017
Pittsburgh
Wow actually made it through a ranked game without getting DCed on Switch! Too bad the team did absolutely nothing that could be seen as cohesive teamwork in Siege a fucking Seris who didn't heal... like just don't...

Yeah, I had two disconnects in one damn match around 3AM EST last night.... At least I was still in the match, but that certainly didn't help my team Conversely, I don't think I've had one disconnect in Fortnite since last week, and I've had maybe ten in Paladins. That and the load times, and their shop not being current for the season pass/crystal package is pushing me much more towards Fortnite.

I'll definitely be on more once that's updated though...!

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Anyone knows what are we getting for unused Abyssal Shards at the end of the event? I have like... 1.5k and nothing to spend them on since i own everything.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Another day, another Seris that doesn't hit the heal button.

EDIT: On the flip side, I've seen some great Yings today.

Last edited:

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
How could anyone play as Seris and not get that she's healing based? Healing for support is akin to successful damage for well, a damage type. Ain't no shame, in the healing game!
I don't know. I normally don't nitpick people for not playing their roles properly, some people are new to heroes. But that person was like level 15 Seris and only did 4k healing.... They weren't dealing much damage either.

Hopefully you are playing on the Switch and that is me! I've been recently playing a lot of Ying and it can be quite fun. Just did 77k healing in last match.
It probably was you! Hah :) Nice work regardless.

I usually play Grover and Jenos myself.

Caliaztec

Oct 27, 2017
Palm Desert,CA
wesman I think I just played against you in Onslaught! Haha been trying to invite you most the night but you were in matches then on my last match of night we face each other haha.

I was the Infernal Seris!

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
After some matches I decided that Ash and Grohk are my two favorites so far. Mal'Damba coming close.
Love the support classes in this game so far.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Mal'Damba is the beeeest. He's one of the only characters who is completely justified in getting Deft Hands. I've got a loadout where I stack that with a card that already reduces his reload by a good amount. I stun people for ages. I love snaking behind a Fernando and stunning him out of his shield. I like to use that loadout with Wekono's Curse and decimate tanks in general. It goes like gourd 'em --> fire and quickly reload to stun --> Offensive Mending Spirits --> Some regular attacking --> reload and stun them again! All the while I'm healing off the gourd that's eating their health up.

So few people buy Resilience outside of ranked. :)

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Found out yesterday that I can spend gold to upgrade champion levels!

Yeah, it's one use. Pretty steep cost overall, but if they don't add anything else to spend gold on in the next few months, I might be pressed to spend some of my large fortune.

Unfortunately, I'd only be able to buy like one and a half champions to level 50 (where you get their gold weapon and--eventually--skin), even with nearly 1.5 mill gold.

wesman

Oct 30, 2017
Pittsburgh
I don't know. I normally don't nitpick people for not playing their roles properly, some people are new to heroes. But that person was like level 15 Seris and only did 4k healing.... They weren't dealing much damage either.

It probably was you! Hah :) Nice work regardless.

I usually play Grover and Jenos myself.

Haha, I'm probably that bad at other characters but Seris, and the one gal with the rifle who's damage based (See my expertise, haha!) and I somewhat vaguely kinda maybe know what I'm doing....half of the time!

I think for me, new to the game, finding a class based hero for each class, and just sticking with them makes more sense than trying every single character. Seris, I think I'm still under level 10 at, like maybe 7, and I'm just getting used to the card load out aspect. I usually pull at least 30k healing, ideally. Not great, but not 4k, haha!

wesman I think I just played against you in Onslaught! Haha been trying to invite you most the night but you were in matches then on my last match of night we face each other haha.

I was the Infernal Seris!

Yes, you did!!! And I think you shot me in the face a few times too, haha! You did pretty good that game! I tried to add you earlier, but I think you were in a game already, I figured ranked maybe.

I switch over to Paladins around 2/3AM eat, after fortnite.

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
Unless HiRez brings The Siege of Ascension Peak event to Switch, no, you won't be able to get it.

Or maybe they'll throw it in a Switch exclusive chest.
Hi Rez probably won't. They haven't given smite Xbox players a chance to get it he tier 5 odyssey Thanatos skin at all yet :(

But I think they will cause it's not that big of a skin compared to that one in smite

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
So if I already have access to all the characters, why are there so many with locks on them in the champions menu where I can pay $30,000 to "unlock"?

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Want to get the BattlePass but not really impressed with the rewards of this one on Switch.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Yeah, I can't really recommend the Battlepass unless you REAAAALLY want the 3 major skins. The other rewards aren't much and the grind is severe.

The VIP system was much more rewarding while it lasted.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
That Mecha Prowler alone was more than worth it for me. I also really like Jenos and Grohk skins. And Ruckus is nice too.
Plus i got few really nice skins from the Battle Pass boxes like Dusk Lian, Ice Walker Inara, Swashbuckler Barik.
So for 500 crystals i ihink that it was nice deal. They need to add more awards tho. especially for players that don't own Battle Pass. 30-50 levels were just EMPTY.

OP
OP
Grimminski

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
The preview for Patch 1.2 will stream this Thursday on Twitch at 1PM EDT, and will release next Wednesday, June 27th for all platforms.

Ameri-Khan Fuck Yeah!

DgEp01JW4AU408J.jpg

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I want to link my Steam account with my Switch one.
I bought 2 Founders on Steam and another on the Switch, also I own a lot of skins and stuff.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
So is there a way to disable crossplay? I feel like I'm screwing over my Xbox teammates since the Switch version doesn't have voice chat. In fact, I think having crossplay on a game like this when there's a console without a voice chat feature is incredibly stupid and screws over all those Xbox players who now have to contend with a platform with no voice comms.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I really love this game but it's so janky sometimes. It just gives me the persistent impression that not enough care and attention goes into it.

Like at the moment, on PS4 Pro, the loading screen image only occupies 1/4 of the screen. It just makes the game look like it's falling apart at the seams.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
This game crashes a lot on my Switch. The switch doesn't even feel that warm when playing so not sure what's going on.

Ferny

FutureERA
Oct 23, 2017
So is there a way to disable crossplay? I feel like I'm screwing over my Xbox teammates since the Switch version doesn't have voice chat. In fact, I think having crossplay on a game like this when there's a console without a voice chat feature is incredibly stupid and screws over all those Xbox players who now have to contend with a platform with no voice comms.
What Xbox teammates? Crossplay isn't in yet.