• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I need to redownload this on the Switch. How it is these days? Does the Crossplay keep the playerbase full? (Also is there cross-platform progression?)

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I need to redownload this on the Switch. How it is these days? Does the Crossplay keep the playerbase full? (Also is there cross-platform progression?)

The port is a work of art ... except for a few crashes here and there when you are playing after a few hours =P

Full crossplay
cross progression and cross buy with everyone EXCEPT the ps4
crossplay on ranked is just with people playing using controllers... which means tallus will be banned more often than not even it is easy to aim at him with motion controls xD

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
"a tank that can have an awesome heal build" was not I expected when they showed dude was basically a DOOM enemy

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I made 3 months pause from the game and i am not sure should i come back.

Last 2 BPs were really bad. New community BP looks great. Also i like most of the balance changes that are coming. Especially what they did with items.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I wish they'd just reduce the amount of XP needed per Battle Pass. That's a big reason I quit, personally. They became such a chore. Games with free battle passes were easier to complete.

The challenge and quest changes seem like they might help, but the grind is still looking monumental.

Edit:

Ah, and no more crystals from logging in. That's swell.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Level 3 itself is weaker though.

25% heal for 2 seconds getting it earlier since it is cheaper vs 10% heal for 1 second getting it later.

It is already a pretty big deal since cauterize have always been a little overpower ... 25% of heal left if you don't get the one that increases the heal is a lot

Oct 25, 2017
Friends got me back into this. Have been having a lot of fun in ranked. I guess they solved the queue issues or something since often we get very fast queue times.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Annoyed that they're taking 3rd Person out entirely. It didn't work well for every character, but I liked goofing around with it now and then for some. I probably mainly played Lex in 3rd person, come to think of it. I just don't see any great benefit in taking it out now, after all this time.

Wait Caut effect will last 2 seconds now? Wtf??

It only reduces 75% at max now. But Rejuvenate got nerfed a bit, too, and most Support character's heals were nerfed a tad. On the flip side, a lot of high damage moves and damage buffs were nerfed as well.

Tons of changes this update. Going to be curious to see what kind of shift this causes in the meta. I suspect some serious, unforseen imbalance to arise before long. It's only natural.

Oct 25, 2017
I read that as them removing the toggle button, but perhaps keeping the menu setting... just so you cannot go back and forth to check around walls from FPS? I dunno... I always thought adding third person view was dumb. The benefit of removing it is removing something dumb ;)

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Recently boot this up on my Switch after being frustrated with Paladins. Game is still so good. Almost bought the Dragon BP but it didn't have too many decent skins.

So I bounce in sometimes.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I fell out last spring after getting tired of how furiously I had to grind to finish BPs. Then they overhauled the meta big time, and now I dunno where I'd begin in reinstating myself. Also, Torvald still doesn't have a new skin? Good grief.

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

I still got the skillz to satisfy the thrillz

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I did take few months break from the game (and games in general) around one year ago but i've been playing it again for few months and i am still enjoying it a lot. Barely playing OW for example. Paladins still feels better to me and i am having more fun definitely.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I still love this game, although have not played in about a month heheh

Always good to jump back in!

I did take few months break from the game (and games in general) around one year ago but i've been playing it again for few months and i am still enjoying it a lot. Barely playing OW for example. Paladins still feels better to me and i am having more fun definitely.

Yeah honestly I tried playing OW back when it released few years back but didn't really get into it. I guess when Paladins came to the Switch I liked the deck loadout aspect a bit more so it grabbed me.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
people in my house always play so it is hard to not play once in a while

it is fun, even if i want to personally hunt the person who decided that "kill 21 people with inara's ultimate" challenge

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

Gamepad Scoreboard Improvements

Players on Gamepad will now be able to turn on a new setting called "Advanced Scoreboard" inside their Gameplay settings. Enabling this changes the scoreboard functionality from "Hold to Open" to "Press to Open". Once the scoreboard is open, Gamepad players will be able to use their selected action when highlighting over an individual player to scroll through their cards and talents.

Item Store Undo Button

• Players can now undo purchases made in the item store, as long as they have not closed the store page.

It is not "you can now bring the chat on console version" but holy shit thank god for those changes =D

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Vora is super fun! Already level 25 with her. I honestly don't remember the last time i enjoyed the champion so much. I love her double Tendril talent the most. Her gameplay is super fun, fast and fluid. Also her voice and voice acting... i am impressed.

Siyou

Oct 27, 2017
So why is this game so dead? My fiance and I have been playing this for years (casually and primarily team death match), but this game can be a lot of fun and has a very neat group of characters, too! Either way, I'm sure a lot of people have come across me if you've ever queued up for tdm.

I've been enjoying Corvus a lot lately. Something about stunning people with his dagger is both silly and broken.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
So why is this game so dead? My fiance and I have been playing this for years (casually and primarily team death match), but this game can be a lot of fun and has a very neat group of characters, too! Either way, I'm sure a lot of people have come across me if you've ever queued up for tdm.

I've been enjoying Corvus a lot lately. Something about stunning people with his dagger is both silly and broken.

I think battle royales took over in popularity. Overwatch feels equally dead lately.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I think battle royales took over in popularity. Overwatch feels equally dead lately.

Yeah I think that's basically what happened, and Paladins' was only just about hanging in there anyway.

I also used to play but I only play Apex Legends now. I probably would still play Paladins but it was really janky and unpolished on PS4. The controls in particular never felt quite right.

Siyou

Oct 27, 2017
Both of those posts make sense. Royales did seem to take a lot of wind out of the sails. Also the aiming does sometimes feel quite off. I wonder if that's the issue with Unreal Engine 3 or something.

I wish they'd expand on team deathmatch maps and maybe make free-for-all match makings too.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

i finished the last battle pass ! =D

Also it is pretty good game to play with friends since it is free and literally avaliable everywhere (now even on ps5 and xbox series even with backward compatibility)

I doubt i came across you since my region is south america xD
but my ying is legendary in tdm both for healing and damage ;D

Siyou

Oct 27, 2017
i finished the last battle pass ! =D

Also it is pretty good game to play with friends since it is free and literally avaliable everywhere (now even on ps5 and xbox series even with backward compatibility)

I doubt i came across you since my region is south america xD
but my ying is legendary in tdm both for healing and damage ;D
The last battlepass was amazing!!!!! I feel so spoiled compared to this new battlepass. How have you been enjoying the bounty store?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The last battlepass was amazing!!!!! I feel so spoiled compared to this new battlepass. How have you been enjoying the bounty store?

i started trying to do all the quests every day and waking up early just to see what was on the store .... but it started with the store super buggy (there was some skins that dissapearded and only came back after like a week) but after a while i think there was a bug with one skin that made some people get like thousands of skulls or something (i haven't read much into it) and the prices went up insanely =/

and ... limited avaliability for digital stuff is something that it will never sit well with me ... =(

buf if one day i see a Pepper skin, some moji skins (evil realistic dragons with cudly moji is the best skin combination in the game) or that "WoW dark elf" ying i will totally buy if i have the money xD

edit: LOL

CqL6FnR.png

Siyou

Oct 27, 2017
i started trying to do all the quests every day and waking up early just to see what was on the store .... but it started with the store super buggy (there was some skins that dissapearded and only came back after like a week) but after a while i think there was a bug with one skin that made some people get like thousands of skulls or something (i haven't read much into it) and the prices went up insanely =/

and ... limited avaliability for digital stuff is something that it will never sit well with me ... =(

buf if one day i see a Pepper skin, some moji skins (evil realistic dragons with cudly moji is the best skin combination in the game) or that "WoW dark elf" ying i will totally buy if i have the money xD
100% accurate. I also didn't know about the glitch people took advantage of. That's pretty sad.

I ended up getting the Yeti Terminus skin from the bounty store, and I will say, I love how loud the hammer's sound effect is! hahaha I had gotten Jotunn Terminus and I put on the yeti hammer just to give others a jolt! XD

The game's a lot of fun, but lately I've been getting lag that will completely kill a match. I assume it's being looked at, but it bums me out. Happens most often at Dragon Arena, and seldom at Trade District.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I do wonder if they (seemingly) slowed down content updates for paladins as a result of a possible diminishing player count, or if the player count led to less content updates
a real chicken or the egg situation I guess

I still think this game is solid, even if it feels like a forever beta of a game, but I'm not exactly eager to give any hi-rez game my attention or money after that laughably bad dr disrespect collab is rogue company

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Welp. They didn't include this on their roadmap.

RIP, that's it then I'd say. You can expect to see a phasing out of support for Paladins.

They've framed it as wanting to focus on other aspects of the game, but Paladin's esports only becomes unworthwhile if the game isn't bringing enough player numbers in, and it's hard to see how that would improve with less exposure (which they'll get by killing the esports scene).

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I personally think that this is for the best. Pro Paladins scene was on life support in 2020 and majority of players don't care about it. With pandemic still continuing and not really slowing down, this is a good decision but only if they really invest more in the game and improve the experience for all the players.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Hey, I just started playing Paladins, but I was wondering is there a way to select a different champion (during hero select), after I already selected one? (for PS4)

I chose healer, then 2 other teammates closer healer, so I wanted to switch to but I couldn't figure out how?

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Hey, I just started playing Paladins, but I was wondering is there a way to select a different champion (during hero select), after I already selected one? (for PS4)

I chose healer, then 2 other teammates closer healer, so I wanted to switch to but I couldn't figure out how?

If you've completely selected that champion (press and hold) then no, you can't swap. That's part of why they let you highlight which champion you intend to choose (just press) without locking you in. The character will be reserved for you (no one else can choose them unless you switch) and your teammates will be able to see who you plan on playing as, but if they're uncooperative with their picks, you still have a way to switch to an unfilled roll.

Oct 29, 2017
Recently just got back into this, any tips on playing Raum? Ive watched some YouTube videos, always seems to be played and a beast, but I just get destroyed immediately.

Matchmaking has been extremely awful this weekend. In 20ish games, 1 win, and 2 semi-competitive loses, and then the rest just absolute almost spawn locking beatdowns.