• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alo0oy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bahrain

After they put her through hell for 8 months just because she embarrassed a fully decked out Israeli soldier.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glad she is released. In a different country this would be something suprising (the fact she was imprisoned for so long just for slapping a soldier). But this isn't suprising considering Israel does worse crimes for "protecting themselves" and the world let's them get away with it.

Buck Dancer

Oct 27, 2017
8 months for slapping a soldier.

Too bad she isn't Israeli, then you wouldn't even get 8 months is for killing an unarmed, injured civilian Palestinian.

But what can you do? It is the only democracy in the Middle East.

Last edited:

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
ive sesn this yesterday on the arabic news, my mom was watching and told me "remember that girl??"

im glad shes finally released, and FUCK israel

Oct 28, 2017
I don't really now what to think about the case. Standing up to soldiers at her age is definitely brave and I can't imagine what growing up in essentially an apartheid scenario feels like.

On the other hand, this was a message she said on video after the scuffle with the soldier:

"I hope that everyone will take part in the demonstrations as this is the only means to achieve the result. Our strength is in our stones, and I hope that the world will unite to liberate Palestine, because [Donald] Trump made his declaration and [the Americans] need to take responsibility for any response that comes from us. Whether it is stabbings or martyrdom operations or throwing stones, everyone must do his part and we must unite in order for our message to be heard that we want to liberate Palestine."

https://forward.com/opinion/391417/why-is-no-one-talking-about-ahed-tamimis-call-for-stabbings/

There have been waves of deadly knife attacks on Israeli civilians in the last years, and it sounds like she's advocating for those and suicide attacks. And you can't say she doesn't know what she's talking about, when her aunt Ahlam Tamimi was actually involved in a suicide attack in the 90s that killed 15 people (and hasn't shown any remorse for it)

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-the-reality-behind-the-tamimi-family-s-resistance-1.5630465

OP
OP

Alo0oy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bahrain
I don't really now what to think about the case. Standing up to soldiers at her age is definitely brave and I can't imagine what growing up in essentially an apartheid scenario feels like.

On the other hand, this was a message she said on video after the scuffle with the soldier:

"I hope that everyone will take part in the demonstrations as this is the only means to achieve the result. Our strength is in our stones, and I hope that the world will unite to liberate Palestine, because [Donald] Trump made his declaration and [the Americans] need to take responsibility for any response that comes from us. Whether it is stabbings or martyrdom operations or throwing stones, everyone must do his part and we must unite in order for our message to be heard that we want to liberate Palestine."

https://forward.com/opinion/391417/why-is-no-one-talking-about-ahed-tamimis-call-for-stabbings/

There have been waves of deadly knife attacks on Israeli civilians in the last years, and it sounds like she's advocating for those and suicide attacks. And you can't say she doesn't know what she's talking about, when her aunt Ahlam Tamimi was actually involved in a suicide attack in the 90s that killed 15 people (and hasn't shown any remorse for it)

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-the-reality-behind-the-tamimi-family-s-resistance-1.5630465

Oh no, why won't anyone think of the soldiers occupying the Palestinian territories? If only people in the global south treated the French and British empires with respect, they'd still be colonies today!!!!

Your second point is pure conjecture so I won't even entertain it.

Whales

Oct 25, 2017

wont someone think of the poor oppressors?!?!

CoLD FiRE

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Easy for you (behind a keyboard) to suggest what's an appropriate response the oppressed should use to fight their oppressors.

zon

Oct 28, 2017
I'm honestly surprised they didn't murder her and make up an excuse for her death.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Good news despite the the depressing state of things.

Fucked if you do, fucked if you don't.
Oppressed and if you stand up for yourself, it gets multiplied x50.

The Isreali government isn't giving much options for any peace, they rather meet protesters with bullets, and people say this conflict is complicated.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I read this and now wished I didn't.

God it must be horrible to be a Palestinian. The lack of control over your own life and the constant suffering all around you would just wear the strongest man down.

ThaNotoriousSOD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I read this and now wished I didn't.

God it must be horrible to be a Palestinian. The lack of control over your own life and the constant suffering all around you would just wear the strongest man down.

It's really sad, there are studies out there that show Palestinian youth have some of the highest rates of stunted development in the world because of all the trauma they endure from even before they're born. It starts with stressed out mothers and only continues.

Edit: but also I am glad you did read it, these people's struggle deserves to be known.

Asmar

Oct 27, 2017
Ahed is one of many Palestinian brave teens who are still imprisoned by the occupation.

Easy_D

Oct 28, 2017
Ahh yes a slap from a 16 year old on her own property becomes an "attack" and so an unjust detention becomes a symbol of Israeli leniency

I see you.
What is this. I think they're just surprised they didn't imprison her longer, not disappointed in the short sentence.

Considering it IS Israel, who has and will do worse for similar actions towards their soldiers and all.

Atrophis

Oct 25, 2017
For those of you who don't know the full story, here is a pretty good article. She served 8 months in prison for slapping a soldier who shot her young cousin in the head.

No way dude, the kid admitted he just fell of his bike after hours of interrogation without a legal guardian or lawyer present. Checkmate Palestinians.

The Knesset setup an investigation in 2015 to determine whether this family is real or made up of paid actors. Soros better watch out, they're onto him.

Israel's Education Minister Naftali Bennett said Ahed and Nour Tamimi deserved to "finish their lives in prison". Life in prison for a slap.

I've also seem a video of another Isreali politician say if he was there he would have kicked her in the face. Can't find the video now but I'm sure I saw it on the BBC.

Israel is run by maniacs.

Last edited:

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
What is this. I think they're just surprised they didn't imprison her longer, not disappointed in the short sentence.

Considering it IS Israel, who has and will do worse for similar actions towards their soldiers and all.

A mere slap became "attacking"... an entirely unjust sentence became a lenient one. He didn't say it was lenient given Israel he said it was lenient period.

I'm not really inclined to be charitable especially when it's not the first Israel thread I've seen him in.

If he wants to clarify and show I'm wrong. Great. Happy to be so... but I'm not close to the only one reading it this way and that's on him.

MBeanie

Oct 27, 2017
The goons in the Israeli government are probably proud they taught a 16 year old girl living in an aparthied system & some of her family members murdered by IDF soldier, whose boss.