• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Panos Panay is now in charge of not only hardware design , but also Windows.
He recently teased some snippets of the new style interface that is coming to Windows 10, but also Windows 10X for the upcoming Windows Surface Duo phone, powered by android.

www.instagram.com

Panos Panay on Instagram: "The team made this video to celebrate making it to 1 billion MAD on Windows 10 and I wanted to share it with all of you. Now at a time when so much of our work and communication is taking place through our devices, it’s esp

19K likes, 895 comments - panospanay on March 19, 2020: "The team made this video to celebrate making it to 1 billion MAD on Windows 10 and I wanted to share it with all of you. Now at a time wh..."

Some of these changes have been sneaking in already, I've seen some of the icons change.
Could we see some of his magic also worked on the Xbox UI? Some peripheral apps such as xCloud and Game Pass reflect a differing style to what is seen elsewhere in the OS and the website, so perhaps we shall see a refreshed look for SX.

reskin me if old

Oct 25, 2017
Are they bringing back the ability to use folder trees in the Start Menu yet?

Otherwise, I will continue using the Classic Shell program to give me a usable Start Menu (I use the Windows 7 one), because the Win10 thing is, for me, utterly useless.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Same here.

The so-called newly designed start menu was certainly a disappointment. It could be so useful, but it's just to useless.
For example it could show me the whole list of apps at once instead a scrolling list when I have the whole screen to use.
Windows 8 did this and it didn't work.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I look forward to a day when Windows doesn't look like crap.
This looks promising

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Windows has had so many false dawns when it comes to redesigns that I am not ready to celebrate yet but if anyone is going to push this through, it's Panos.

I'd love to live in a world where Windows 10 doesn't look like an inconsistent, ugly mess with constant throwbacks to Windows 95 so best of luck to him in turning around that sclerotic ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.