• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019

So how would you handle this situation?

For myself, I'm asking for two season tickets, autographed jersey, and the $1500.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Plot Twist: That man in the seat is also rather wealthy and won't give up their leg space for chump change like that.

I mean, i'd have done it for $ 1,500. Hell, i'd have done it for way less if he had guaranteed me i could still sit next to my girlfriend.

(Apparently Newton had business class seats, but was late for the flight and those seats got re-assigned. btw)

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
If you're flying overwater in coach, you don't give up a good seat for anything. Frequent flyers pick their seats deliberately.

As for Newton, why is he flying coach in the first place? If legroom is that important, you fly biz.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Those look like they may be premium economy seats which means Cam *may* have been offering close to the cost of the seats for an international flight.

I'd do it for an autograph, a photo, 1500 bucks and the awesome story.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
UM, why is he not in business or first class tho? thats funny....If I was a starting QB that got paid, I aint riding economy, no matter how "affordable it is"
and that 1500 he was offering, is only like 500 off of what business or first class would have cost in difference... ($2000) so i mean, why didnt he just do that instead originally?

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Feels like starting QBs could have their own private jets unless they go for much more than what I think they go for.

Dude probably has plenty of money and didn't need the change Cam was offering.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda strange he would offer 1500 in econ but not buy himself a biz class seat?

Or this is a paid flight, then whatever company that is, is a cheapskate.

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
I can appreciate that he's being frugal by flying econ, but the dude's 6' 5" and pretty damn rich - he should be in first/business lol

(also yes, I'd take the $1,500 in a second)

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Plot Twist: That man in the seat is also rather wealthy and won't give up their leg space for chump change like that.

I mean, i'd have done it for $ 1,500. Hell, i'd have done it for way less if he had guaranteed me i could still sit next to my girlfriend.

(Apparently Newton had business class seats, but was late for the flight and those seats got re-assigned. btw)
They can reassign your seats? But theyre already paid for..

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
hmm if it was just a comfort+ seat, absolutely. This is a first class ticket seat though, transatlantic prob cost more that $1500, so in this case I'd say no

They can reassign your seats? But theyre already paid for..
apparently he missed a flight and got reassigned to coach on another but generally yes, the airline can reassign/bump you at whim as they overbook flights. Depending on the country you can get some form of compensation

Last edited:

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
"Multiply your amount of NFL losses buy 100 and pay me that then the seat is yours, Cam."

I would've taken this lol

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
$1500 to have someone else spend the next 10 hours at the worst seat in the plane when initially at the best seat? That is a disrespectful offer.
You can low ball, but do not low ball too hard if you intend to successfully trade, especially if you are a famous and wealthy man.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I don't think I would have taken it either. 10 hours is a long-ass flight to be in questionable comfort.

The question is why isn't Cam flying first class?

I have so many questions.