• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
hqg-2449.gif

Not to sound ungrateful to LRG, but is every AA game this gen gonna get the limited print business?

Please, Sega. Don't pull this shit with the HOTD remakes. Please.
...there are HOTD remakes?

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
If reports of the Switch performance being solid I think I'll grab the physical copy.

Need to hear if they fixed Lagi's roar too.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got half life alyx currently and now am about to start Panzer Dragoon. This is the best gaming week ever.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Need to see some direct feed Switch footage before I bite the bullet.

....oh who am I fooling, I'll probably get it digitally, try to nab the physical and get it again on Steam.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Folks, please report back. I've got The Room VR in queue already, but I really want to play this!

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
Nice, been listening to the OSTs all day, was on Zwei when I heard this news. I guess the Steam release will be winter this year?

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
is it wrong to want to buy a switch based purely on this game?

Please tell me its coming out on other platforms!!

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have spent too much on games lately

but fuck that it's Panzer Dragoon gimme gimme gimme

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
Weird that they just dropped the game like this, without any marketing whatsoever.

Hopefully it'll do fine.

Oct 26, 2017
To be fair, SEGA doesn't publish these games, so isn't up to them how they will be published. These new games are made by small publishers who probably don''t have the distribution networks to release physical games on retail
Just go with NISA then. Sega already distribute all of their NA releases and have had some semi-related parterships before. Like when Atlus localized the original Disgaea on PS2.

This screws over folks like me in Canada who would have to pay a premium to buy these through them, or at some local indue stores that still charge a premium for the same reasons.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
The Panzer Dragoon series is the best 3D SHMUPS around.

The latter games for sure, but it is worth reminding folk that this first title is very much a tech demo for what would come later. I'm not sure how well it'll hold up for someone coming to this fresh.

is it wrong to want to buy a switch based purely on this game?

Please tell me its coming out on other platforms!!

It's a launch exclusive. It'll be on other platformers later (already announced for PC).

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The latter games for sure, but it is worth reminding folk that this first title is very much a tech demo for what would come later.

I have absolutely no problem putting the first panzer dragoon over star fox.

The first game is on it's own a terrific 3D shmup, one of the very best. Like the best bits from galaxy force and space harrier, the panzer dragoon games have always shown an incredible knack for enemy placement that was in place from the very beginning. The first game is not as mechanically deep as the later, but it's still a very solid shmup.

Deleted member 2620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would say Panzer Dragoon leans a LOT more on its aesthetics than Star Fox does. like a lot, to the point where I'd almost say its closer to Rez.

this isn't a criticism, tho, and if you like Star Fox you should try it.

Shame it's so much harder to try the original.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I have absolutely no problem putting the first panzer dragoon over star fox.

SNES? For sure.

64? I'd give it to Zwei or Orta, but not the original PD.

I would say Panzer Dragoon leans a LOT more on its aesthetics than Star Fox does. like a lot, to the point where I'd almost say its closer to Rez.

Yeah, this is what I'm getting at. The deeper gameplay comes in with the sequel, Zwei.

Oct 27, 2017
I want to get it, bit shocked at $25 price, but its worth it. Going to wait on reviews to make sure it performs well. Tempted to wait for 4K HDR on PS4 Pro, but I may cave on switch.

Anything to help encourage them to remake Saga at this point imo.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Wait. Sega isn't publishing this or SOR4? Is it like a Shenmue deal, where they sign off and call it a day?
Yes.

And honestly, it's wonderful. I'd much rather they did this than let the IPs remain forgotten forever.
From the sound of it ("timed console exclusive"), it's probably coming out on Steam today as well.
You'd think, but the Steam page says it's not releasing until Winter?