• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
According to the dev's own twitter response to a query:

Having gotten into this series recently, this excites me greatly.

I hope the Zwei Remake releases without the same issues the first game's remake did, though that does seem to have been all patched up now.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
*Ah, this year! Nice!

Zwei is a game I feel more passionately than the original nowadays; there's a specific quiet moment in the game, the first glide, that has stuck with me for years. I really hope the dev team doesn't go overboard with additional visuals this time around, moments like that worked so well with the original—more muted—style and I worry that the visuals shown in the PD remake would clash with that.

If the original Zwei was out there in its original form I'd be more open to changes, a shame there isn't even a port within Orta to maintain that legacy.

Last edited:

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this is a faithful port, I also wish we would eventually see a remake of Panzer Dragoon Saga.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Oh, nice. I would also not be opposed to a port of Orta should that ever be in the cards.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Hope they take it more seriously than the last game. Zwei is held up to much higher standards than the original.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give. Now.

I'm sure there were financial reasons but releasing Panzer Dragoon and Zwei together in one package would have gone over so much better. I'm just glad the game's alive and Panzer Dragoon's got a little foothold to take off again.

Orta blew me away at the time. Was that never ported?

It's BC on Xbox.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Hell yes!

Hopefully they don't shadowdrop it like they did with the PD1 remake, though. Getting the OT up for that one in a hurry based on a bunch of scattered drafts of sections I had lying around was a big mess.

Haha, I forgot it was called Panzer Dragoon 2 2
It's actually just "Panzer Dragoon Zwei"; the "II" is there for people less familiar with German :P

Orta blew me away at the time. Was that never ported?
Never officially ported, but it's available digitally on Xbox 360 and up. It looks incredible on a One X; many find it difficult to believe it was an OG Xbox game.

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018
Oh nice! I just got the remake of the original during an eShop sale and I have really been enjoying it, though I have never played the original. I was hoping the iffy reception the remake got at launch wouldn't stop them from remaking other games in the series.

randomelder

Oct 26, 2017
everyone pls get on twitter and ask them to include the original version as an unlock, orta-style, thank you

edit: actually pls just include the original version without unlock, that would be great, thx

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When you can put onto the game disk that you've created the greatest 3D shooter and no one can argue against your spitting hot facts.

f9cf2ecf-ec93-4b1d-a015-b9849e47046f.jpg

I wonder if that might be too ambitous, but it'll be so great to get the 'Saturn's ff vii', the source code is lost.

Good news, the original director of Saga dropped some hints that it may have been found.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
This is the one I've been waiting for, I hope they do it justice.
I loved that game to death growing up, unlocked everything, and I don't tend to like rail shooters.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't they need to reverse engineer saga since the source code is lost?

That's the only one I'm interested in :(

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Hmm, sounds like not a lot of people here stuck around for the patches to the Panzer 1 remake; it got quite a bit better post-v1.3. At least those who ordered the physical version got a good first impression...

I was hoping the iffy reception the remake got at launch wouldn't stop them from remaking other games in the series.
The first remake was profitable from Switch sales alone, so the Zwei remake's future has been locked in for a while. ;)

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I still need the physical release of the first one on the Switch, but alas, US (Best Buy) only which is rather bothersome :(

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's wrong with the first remake? Wasn't it patched?
I'm asking cause I have it on my whish list for xbox

It's been significantly patched with smoother aiming controls, better animations for the dragon (it had this really exaggerated heave to its flight that was probably there to give it some weight but was really distracting) and performance updates.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Zwei is a rail shooter masterpiece. I have a bad feeling it won't be a success like the first remake though...hope I'm wrong. I want the series to continue (my fave SEGA IP next to Yakuza, Shinobi and Shenmue).

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
PDS remake would be great but the hype will kill it, expect a 15 hour emo adventure and you are good. Not a 60 hour RPG.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
The first one was so close to the originals game design that i wasnt shure why a remake and not just porting. (im simply not a fan og remakes, i prefere reinterpretations)

It definitely did not have enough content for the original price., and the new controls where ... not as good as the original ones.

With that said im curious about the other 2 (Zwei and Saga), so i'll watch them...