• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't see a lot but I hear Flight so I like it.

The transition with the collapsing palace is better than Saturn's

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
My biggest nitpick is still the yellowish filter, but it doesn't seem like they want to change it. Hopefully we'll get direct footage soon.

Nov 8, 2017
My biggest nitpick is still the yellowish filter, but it doesn't seem like they want to change it. Hopefully we'll get direct footage soon.

Hey,
PanzerDragoonWorld here.

They won't change their color tone as default but they will include filters that will let choose cooler tones. A bit like in SotC. So you might be able to choose something that is closer to your liking.

I'm hoping to get more details as I'll meet with Benjamin on Thursday at Gamescom.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Hey,
PanzerDragoonWorld here.

They won't change their color tone as default but they will include filters that will let choose cooler tones. A bit like in SotC. So you might be able to choose something that is closer to your liking.

I'm hoping to get more details as I'll meet with Benjamin on Thursday at Gamescom.
Oh, that's cool. I thought it'd be only the CRT and other retro-looking filters that would get added.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This looks cool. I never played the original. Is this remake a Switch exclusive?

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Benjamin didn't use this wording
Okay. I'm frankly surprised by the exclusivity talk as I always assumed this would be available on everything from day 1. I didn't realize it's only announced for Switch so far. I suppose as a small team it might be easier for them to target only one plaform for the time being before porting the game to somewhere else. I guess Switch might be the logical conclusion in that case, since Sega Ages is exclusive to Switch as well and catering to a very similar audience.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty good from the bits that are visible, but man, the lighting there is making it impossible to see much.

Starfire22

Banned
May 5, 2018
Oklahoma
This has been one series I always wanted to play. (The originals especially, not just Orta)

Glad the first game is available to play soon.

Sep 28, 2018
It looks much better than the reveal, but I really hope they can work on making some graphical improvements, particularly textures look a bit rough and that water splash animation is really bad...

Nov 8, 2017
Okay. I'm frankly surprised by the exclusivity talk as I always assumed this would be available on everything from day 1. I didn't realize it's only announced for Switch so far. I suppose as a small team it might be easier for them to target only one plaform for the time being before porting the game to somewhere else. I guess Switch might be the logical conclusion in that case, since Sega Ages is exclusive to Switch as well and catering to a very similar audience.

To be honest, it makes sense to focus on Switch first, optimize this version and boost resolution for other platforms later, should the game come on other platforms.
It makes more sense to work this way, with the Switch in mind from Day1 of production than to downgrade the game. Like Bloodstained for instance.

Also from a marketing perspective, having the game featured in a Nintendo Direct was a major coup !
I doubt Sony would ever have featured the game in one of its communications and MS is busy with multiplayer games right now. I really think this was the best way to showcase the game initially.
The series deserves to shine after its sad fate on the SEGA Saturn.
And I'm also hoping more players will be able to play it on all consoles. I just think it's the smart way to do it.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
These ports have been announced for all consoles
Being presented in a Direct don't make them exclusives

TGR Onix

Nov 3, 2017
Besides a few things (like the textures and the color filter,) the only other thing that really bothered me was the lack of music at the end and that long transition before the boss. Hopefully they shorten that in the final game as it can
kill the momentum and pace of the level as well as needing to restart the music, which originally was timed with the length of the level, never repeating.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Eliot Ness, I'm curious what your thoughts are on the game. Tbh I'm really not feeling their art or the movement we saw in the E3 video, but I'd trust your opinion as a PD connoisseur.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So like, in that FAQ from PDW it's stated they didn't need the source code because they're remaking it from scratch..... You're basically telling me Saga's gonna be a thing, right? That's all I'm seeing

peekaboo

Nov 4, 2017
That footage looks a bit more lively than what they showed at E3 where the game felt like it was playing in slo-mo.

As a big fan of the series I will be purchasing the physical copy, I hope it's reasonably priced!

When is it out? It's all very vague online, I can only find "Autumn 2019".

TGR Onix

Nov 3, 2017
That footage looks a bit more lively than what they showed at E3 where the game felt like it was playing in slo-mo.

As a big fan of the series I will be purchasing the physical copy, I hope it's reasonably priced!

When is it out? It's all very vague online, I can only find "Autumn 2019".
Anywhere from October 2019 to March 2020.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That looks absolutely lovely, and everything I'm reading is good things.

I still have hope for Saga, but sounds like we have to put our money where our mouth is for that to happen.

TGR Onix

Nov 3, 2017
That looks absolutely lovely, and everything I'm reading is good things.

I still have hope for Saga, but sounds like we have to put our money where our mouth is for that to happen.
I might buy this game twice. Once digital, and the other physical. Or maybe two physical copies, one to play and the other to keep sealed. I love this series that much and would love to finally play Saga.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
It looks better than at E3 though it's tough to tell given the angle and lighting.

I hope these do well, it'd be nice to get Saga and Orta too. Also Enhance *really* needs to bring Rez Infinite to Switch.

bxsonic

Oct 30, 2017
As a huge fan of the original games, I'm not really sure about this. Something about the art style doesn't seem right to me.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
?

They aren't ports and they've only been announced for Switch, though are very likely coming to other platforms at some point.

Wrong thread?
Exclusive or no, I was under the impression this was a remake, not merely a port.

Remakes, sorry.
But they (both panzer dragoons) have been announced before the Direct were the first was highlighted
And mentioned "consoles"

Btw don't misunderstand : I am buying this on switch day 0 ahah