• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
Great OP!

I own the game on disc and have been contemplating on buying it digitally but I'm a tad broke lol

If i get past my third interview unscathed I'll buy it immediately! Otherwise I'll just buy more lattes :-P

Oct 25, 2017
Any idea if it's region locked on 360 still? Only have a JP 360 atm but I'd like to buy Orta to play for now while I mull over a XBOS.
It's actually the only Panzer Dragoon title I haven't played so wanted to give it a spin soon if possible.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I bought a copy of this years and years ago just out of my love for the series. I have never played it.

This is going to be something.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda crazy we have OT's for BC games. Might be the best thing that happened this generation was the love for older games getting another chance to shine.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If Lost Odyssey is available for 4K i will buy a Microsoft console for the first time.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It'd be nice to have the disc but that's currently going for over $150 now :|
Holy Christ. I got a copy three years ago for like $20 at most. Surely it won't stay that high?

EDIT: Sorry if this has already been asked, but is the only way to unlock the original game to beat the game in under... however many hours it was? I kinda want to try that sometime, but I'm not great at speedrunning games that aren't Mirror's Edge.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Kind of disappointing none of the readded og Xbox games are getting achievements :/

That's a perfectly valid view, but you should know it's exactly that viewpoint that causes the situation seen elsewhere with BC being largely ignored in favor of limited and more expensive individual releases.

Adding achievements is a fundamental change and expands the scope of adding a new title to a BC list to 'new project' levels.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
This this my kind of backwards compatibility! Awesome game from an amazing series.

Nov 8, 2017
That's a perfectly valid view, but you should know it's exactly that viewpoint that causes the situation seen elsewhere with BC being largely ignored in favor of limited and more expensive individual releases.

Adding achievements is a fundamental change and expands the scope of adding a new title to a BC list to 'new project' levels.

Are you serious? I can understand you would have liked to see achievements but saying some old games are ignored BECAUSE of that... WHAAAAT ? Come on, most of us are adults, we don't need brownie points to know what is good for us...

Last edited:

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Are you serious? I can understand you would have liked to see achievements but saying some old games are ignored BECAUSE of that... WHAAAAT ? Come one, most of us are adults, we don't need brownie points to know what is good for us...

Are you quoting the wrong person or am I misunderstanding something here?

I was explaining why wanting them to modify old games to add achievements might be counter-productive to the desires of someone who wants these games to be playable on modern devices, and I was trying to do so without saying that the desire to add achievements is fundamentally wrong (It's just a very different goal with very specific drawbacks).

Anyway it's not very relevant to the discussion of this awesome game being playable tomorrow so I'll stop here.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holy Christ. I got a copy three years ago for like $20 at most. Surely it won't stay that high?

EDIT: Sorry if this has already been asked, but is the only way to unlock the original game to beat the game in under... however many hours it was? I kinda want to try that sometime, but I'm not great at speedrunning games that aren't Mirror's Edge.
-Yea I saw a local listing at a pawn shop for $25. I missed the boat on that one though. There is still a disc only copy going for $15 in Toronto if anyone wants to buy that and print their own cover.
-You could use action replay or something to load a save on an OG xbox haha.

Nov 8, 2017
I'm not saying this is wrong to want some neither. But kinda shocking to hear some people would ignore a game just because it doesn't have them.

Wizzly

Jan 10, 2018
User Banned (48 Hours): Drive-by post, history of similar behaviour.
Waiting for the Steam version.

demi

Oct 27, 2017

You can leave the game running for hours and it unlocks everything, afaik.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Makes me want to go buy a X right now but I'm completely broke.
Not having played this game yet is a thorn in my side.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
We need some SunhiLegend gifs of this game, it really has to been in motion to appreciate just how unbelievably good it looks. X1X owners are in for a crazy surprise when they see it in action at 1920p60.

Can't wait for tomorrow. This is one of my favorite games ever and I'm beyond thrilled that it's available digitally.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Was always gutted that this was broken on 360 BC (for PAL discs). They never fixed it which was a great shame.

Very exciting to see this come back, it's a great game. Wish I had an Xbox One to play it.