• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How are feeling about TOK?

• I need this game NOW. Day 1.

• The game looks great, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

• I am mostly worried and not impressed. Will wait for reviews.

• This is not what I wanted. I'm not getting this game.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
I have no idea what the heck "Real Paper Mario" means and I honestly never want to know.

That looked incredible to me. Gonna be an awesome summer for games.

yoonshik

Oct 26, 2017
NSwitch_PaperMarioTheOrigamiKing_02.jpg

NSwitch_PaperMarioTheOrigamiKing_03.jpg

NSwitch_PaperMarioTheOrigamiKing_04.jpg

NSwitch_PaperMarioTheOrigamiKing_05.jpg

NSwitch_PaperMarioTheOrigamiKing_06.jpg

NSwitch_PaperMarioTheOrigamiKing_07.jpg

NSwitch_PaperMarioTheOrigamiKing_08.jpg

NSwitch_PaperMarioTheOrigamiKing_09.jpg

NSwitch_PaperMarioTheOrigamiKing_10.jpg

NSwitch_PaperMarioTheOrigamiKing_11.jpg

NSwitch_PaperMarioTheOrigamiKing_12.jpg

NSwitch_PaperMarioTheOrigamiKing_13.jpg

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Looks... ok? I don't like the whole "new paper mario = new paper gimmick" thing they're doing.

I don't want any stickers, cards, or whatever just let me select my attacks like before Nintendo!

oh wow on a second watch there IS a sticker in the top left corner, fuck that. I'm not buying this.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
So did they go out of their way to not show the battle system? Because all throughout I was waiting for that to see if it's even worth getting excited for and I think I only saw one instance.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
HOLY FUCKING SHIT OUTTA NOWHERE

And two months away?!??!? Holy crap!

Only problem is the battle system was barely seen, and it looked very....Color Splash-ish. But I'm digging the vibe, this does bring back TTYD memories.

Preorder in!

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
Big news!

Will watch the trailer shortly. Even though the art style resembles that of Sticker Star and Color Splash, I hope the gameplay is improved from those games.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LKCSJICJOIDJIDIJOPSDJOIPSDJOAPDASJOPODSJAPSJODAPOASJPDJOSFPDJOFIPDJOIPFDJOIPDSFJOPSFDJOPSDAJOPSDAOJPSDAJIOPSDFIHGUFRJIEOPJDFOIHEUGRFJIRJRFHIJO)RPEWHJOIÖERFJIQERFHJIÜQERFHIQERFHI(ÜQERFHIPQERFHIERFQHIPQERFBHIQRFHIÜQFERHÜIR

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Well. That was a surprise!

Partners and the old combat seem to be back as well. This may be my first Paper Mario that I bother playing since Super Paper Mario. I would need to see more though.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I have no idea what the heck "Real Paper Mario" means and I honestly never want to know.
It means that it's just an adventure/RPG like a JRPG basically, with focus on dynamic turn based combat and storytelling/writing, whereas the "non-true Paper Mario" games focus on gameplay variation and gimmicks and stories that are more about "all the fun things Mario can do" than they're about telling a story.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Never played a paper mario, what are the differences between so called "old style paper mario games" and the new ones, and why are some people saying it's back to its roots and some the opposite? I'm so confused

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
combat
more info later

Interesting..

"Paper Mario: The Origami King also introduces a new ring-based battle system that lets you flex your puzzle-solving skills to line up scattered enemies and maximize damage. While the enemies may be crafted from paper, these dynamic, turn-based battles are far from stationary. It'll require a sharp mind to make short work of these crafty enemies. "

This sounds cool as hell. I'm all for something new as long as it has depth!

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It looks pretty even though I prefer Paper Mario when it isn't drawing so much attention to the paper side of things. Ah well, that's a losing battle at this point.

The combat looks intriguing and more in-depth than before, I just hope the attacks aren't limited commodities again.