• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
CJGAd746SXGSJqKgwF9JgD-970-80.jpg.webp

In a quiet release to the Swedish press last month, Paradox Interactive CEO Ebba Ljungerud said that she did not believe Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 will release until the second half of 2021. This news follows Bloodlines 2 being delayed into 2021 this August. Ljungerud noted that a lack of development kits for the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X has compounded delays due to the coronavirus pandemic, which has affected the speed of productivity across the industry as game studios adapt to remote work processes.

"To be able to develop for the next generation, you have to have development kits from the manufacturers. And I'm pretty sure that both Sony and Microsoft were affected by the pandemic because they did not have that many development kits," said Ljungerud to Placera. (That article, and Ljungerud's comments, are in Swedish.)

Ljungerud also said that unannounced Paradox titles would be subject to delays. She noted that delays are part of the gaming business, and that they are "something we are used to handling."

www.pcgamer.com

Don't expect Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 until the second half of 2021

"I do not think it will come in the first half of the year, but we will see," says Paradox Interactive CEO.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I see so new thread. *shrugs*

Anywho, I have next to now faith left in this game. Hopefully I will be surprised.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
If they've brought on replacement writers and are pushing back this far, I wonder how much is being changed or perhaps being rebooted? I can see technical issues justifying further delays for it to launch on all the target platforms in an ok state.

Will things be scrapped or was there not enough in the first place? Any sort of insight or postmortem in to what's happened will be fascinating to say the least.

A repeat of VTMB's development headaches and even outcomes feels like such an avoidable problem.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
That sounds like they were nowhere near being able to release this year. Even without the next gen devkit reason

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This game and Dying Light 2 unfortunately feel in very similar situations. I wonder which one will realize first, if either will hit 2021, and if either one will be good.