• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

RIP CK2

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I only just got CK2 and all its DLC this year, so I'll be playing that for a long while yet. CK3 maybe five years later.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Regarding CK3, I really hope they will have the HRE reworked in the fashion of EUIV

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
yo, from that article:
Crusader Kings 3's map is about four times the physical size of its predecessor's, and while it hasn't added many new locations, each individual barony (which used to exist only as small pictures within the county screen) is now its own space on the map that you can march armies through, adding tons of tactical depth. The map will span all the way from Ireland to India, covering nearly all of the geographical area that Crusader Kings 2 does with all of its patches. Unlike Crusader Kings 2, all rulers on the map will be playable from day one instead of having to wait for DLC to unlock specific religious groups and government types.
edit: YO
Paradox has also really dialed up the role-playing elements. Borrowing from Crusader Kings 2's Way of Life DLC, characters will pick a lifestyle (warfare, religion, intrigue, etc), and within each are three talent trees that you can put points into over time to gain new traits and abilities. A religion-focused character can work toward becoming a Prophet, for example, which makes founding a new custom religion or heresy cheaper. Dynasties will also level up and gain powerful mechanical bonuses called Legacies, giving you something you can carry with you across generations. Finally, Prestige and Piety are no longer just resources that accumulate. They will also fill up what is basically an experience bar, letting your characters "level up" their Renown and Devotion for increasing mechanical bonuses.

CK3's foundation is so much better than CK2's.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm glad the map hasn't been shrunk (too much). With the minimap conspicuously absent from the screenshots was slightly worried about that.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Making your own religion? I know how I'm playing!

I would like a Victoria 3 also tho. I'd love an EUIV-VC3 save, it covers the periods I find most interesting, historically (well, if we add in HoIV at the end).

ZZMitch

Oct 26, 2017
Pumped for CK3 because it's my chance to get back into the series after never really getting into CK2 (only 200 hours compared to 1500+ in EU4 lol). Though not buying it at launch. Made that mistake with Imperator Rome... Bought it full price and have barely touched it while waiting for all the big updates/fixes.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
My number one wish for CK3 is the ability to pre-plan how gavelkind will split between kids. Let me decide who gets what, and if they don't like it, they can try to do something about it (looking at you, kids of Henry II).

Are the CK2 DLC 50% off everywhere, or does another storefront have a better deal than steam?

Pumped for CK3 because it's my chance to get back into the series after never really getting into CK2 (only 200 hours compared to 1500+ in EU4 lol). Though not buying it at launch. Made that mistake with Imperator Rome... Bought it full price and have barely touched it while waiting for all the big updates/fixes.

Opposite here. I bought EU4 at launch, decided on one more CK2 game to import, and never went back. Got DLC for both, but I'm around 600+ for CK2 and under 50 for EU4.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
My number one wish for CK3 is the ability to pre-plan how gavelkind will split between kids. Let me decide who gets what, and if they don't like it, they can try to do something about it (looking at you, kids of Henry II).

Are the CK2 DLC 50% off everywhere, or does another storefront have a better deal than steam?

Opposite here. I bought EU4 at launch, decided on one more CK2 game to import, and never went back. Got DLC for both, but I'm around 600+ for CK2 and under 50 for EU4.
Also 50% on their own store:

I have some of the DLC from the HB so I can give you some keys if you need them.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
2.2 was already quite good, the only thing missing was more flavour... which is what Livy is doing.
Haven't gotten myself to try it again since launch and probably won't be able to until christmas.

Johan just said the update is coming the year so christmas should be a good time.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't gotten myself to try it again since launch and probably won't be able to until christmas.

Johan just said the update is coming the year so christmas should be a good time.
I hope they do another beta time now that we know all the content will be free. It helped them rework and find a ton of the bugs. It will also help avoid the Stellaris situation with 2.2 Stellaris, which was broken for a while because of rushing to launch for Christmas.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
I hope they do another beta time now that we know all the content will be free. It helped them rework and find a ton of the bugs. It will also help avoid the Stellaris situation with 2.2 Stellaris, which was broken for a while because of rushing to launch for Christmas.
Yeah johan said he wants to a open beta but has to speak with marketing first.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
So this end of year we will have:
-Stellaris diplo update
-HoI4 finally giving Spain the love it deserves
-Imperator Rome major facelift (again)
-AoW:Planetfall DLC
-Battletech DLC
-Prison Architect big free update (+ smallish DLC)

how i am supposed to play games!?

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Hoi talk about to start. They're always interesting.

www.twitch.tv

ParadoxInteractive - Twitch

The official Twitch channel for Paradox Interactive! Join us every Wednesday at 2:PM CEST for the latest news and updates.

They reached 2 million sold which seems like a lot for a paradox game.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
"We couldnt put up Soviet Union on this DLC because it was already full up with Spain"

Youaregoddamright.gif