• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Possible explanation, prices during sale
  • eonden

Oct 25, 2017
    To explain it better:
    There is a % base discount first in some games that takes it from the base price in the different regions:
    Imagine a game that is 60€ in one region and 18 in another, both have a 10% discount, making the game:
    60*0.9=54€
    18*0.9=16.2€

Then if the game is above the 15€ barrier, it gets a 10€ fixed cut:
    60*0.9-10=44€
    18*0.9-10=6.2€

The second flat discount makes the first game a total of 27% discount in the normal region but a 75% discount in the poorer region.

In the case of VtM:Bloodlines 2, it was only the flat 10€, which makes it 50 (down from 60) and 8 (down from 18) repectively (and 17% and 54% discount), making it so that they probably fucked their own sales in their own store as well as any possibility of price parity in other stores (such as GMG and GOG running a 10€ discount).

But Paradox already knew about this, apparently, and changed their mind at the last moment.
    They probably knew it was a 10€ discount in big regions, not that it would be a 10€ discount OVER ANY PRICE, creating loopsided discount % in some regions, discounts that VtM:Bloodlines 2, their biggest game ever is too young to have yet.

Edit: I want to say that I already called this move a dick move by PDX, but I can understand why it happened.