• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/babylonmovie/status/1620141293447053312

This is notable because even after the Top Gun PVOD came out months before the P+ release, Paramount was still doing same day streaming debut on films released after that PVOD. This movie also bombed at the box office. So it's not like experimenting with a big non-cruise hit.

2023 Paramount Theatrical Releases may be going the Universal way. PVOD first, then Streaming. Wouldn't expect Physical before streaming for non-cruise films yet. Universal is still putting streaming debuts ahead of physical, and they've cared more about longer windows than the other studios. But keep this in mind for 2023 Paramount films. You may be waiting longer for streaming debuts.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I've heard that you either love this movie or you hate it. Or you think it's OK.

Kidding aside, I'm interested in watching it. Loved the trailer and I'll give anything Chazelle a chance.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Saw it a couple days ago, a rare occasion where I walked out of the cinema (about half way mark) thought it was just sheer nonsense, and fwiw I love whiplash and la la land

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard that you either love this movie or you hate it. Or you think it's OK.

There is a very good 2hr movie in this 3hr mess. If you can get over it being a mess, you'll probably like it a lot. I feel like those that love it can look past a lot of issues, because I couldn't.

The soundtrack is best of the year. No questions.

OP
OP
ContractHolder

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I understood about half of OPs post. What is a non-cruise film?

Edit: Oooooh, Tom Cruise?

Yes, he was the only one last year to get Paramount to do a three month window, then a PVOD window, then a Physical window, then streaming.

Even films released after Top Gun didn't have that. They went to streaming same day as PVOD.