• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which one did you like more?

• PaRappa!

Votes: 78 43.3%
  • Lammy!

Votes: 102 56.7%

• Total voters

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Which one of these two game did you like more, and why?

Only comparing the first PaRappa The Rapper to Um Jammer Lammy.

sFtjHAo.gif

UzAPqG.gif

0RmqoL.gif

AsU2fKn.gif

5d3.gif

HollowGreenGalapagoshawk-size_restricted.gif

ae6e1d1db282ce1cf6cb06a65d67e736e7532ef8r1-320-231_hq.gif

SandyImprobableHippopotamus-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_nhw01zxzJ01qj0e0so4_500.gif

Chocobo115

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Lammy, has the better music. I guess I'm a bit partial thoo since I strongly dislike rap and hip hop, whilst beinga big fan of rock and guitar based music.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
those games were so fkn weird lol
Lammy is better (but I don't like her design as much because the whole has-human-hair-because-girl trope)

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Katy Kat's VA passed away.
Parappa's VA is apparently an asshole.

What's Lammy's VA up to these days? Living the good life, I hope...

tumblr_pevd2qpkfa1toy07e_540.jpg

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Lammy is the much better game. PaRappa is more iconic. The first 3 stages in PaRappa 2 are incredible but the game takes a nose dive after that.

All three are better than vib-ribbon.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
As much as I loved parappa the more time I spent with lammy the more I loved it. I still regularly listen to both the soundtrack and the milkcan album. I encourage anyone who has not heard it as a fan of lammy go listen to it on YouTube it's just "milkcan". it's amazing. Great vibe and energy and the songs jam hard, especially if you make it through the weird shit lol. Just makes it better.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
wait, what? did she pass away?! i can't seem to find a source on this
It's difficult to verify, but it seemed to have happened back in 2016. Masaya Matsuura himself broke the news on twitter and you can find several places (Reddit, NeoGAF) link to the news but the original tweet has since been deleted. However someone saved a pic of the exchange:

4uiTdLn.jpg

It should be noted that IMDB and other sources have a Michelle D. Burks listed as Katy's VA, but unfortunately it was found to be a mis-identification. More info here.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I thought this was about the characters, and I like rock more than rap, so my vote was for Lammy. If we're talking about the games themselves, it's still Lammy; the songs are great and you can play with Parappa (and even co-op with him) so you kind of get double the songs.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I think PaRappa had the better songs, but Lammy was a better game and character to me.
Never played PaRappa 2 though.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Love Lammy as a character but my heart is with Parappa. Better songs, came first, cooler dog.

Um Jammer Lammy is a better name. But Parappa slays it in every other way. The king. The Big Dog.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I'm also very surprised by the poll results because almost no one talked about Lammy compared to PaRappa. But Lammy all the way. God, I miss NanaOn-Sha.

I always forget that Sara Ramirez was the voice of Lammy.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Parappa was first, but my heart belongs to Lammy.

Is there any good way to play Lammy these days?

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Lammy is pretty much the better game all around. Zanier story, better soundtrack, and the ability to play as PaRappa (even if I don't like his remixes quite as much as Lammy's versions). PaRappa 1 will always be more iconic but I have to leave it to Lammy!

Lammy vs. PaRappa 2 though? You know noodles can't be beat.

Parappa was first, but my heart belongs to Lammy.

Is there any good way to play Lammy these days?

Vita's probably your best bet outside of just emulating it on a computer, input lag makes it near unplayable on PS3. Really deserves a proper remaster though!

PaRappa's name will forever be tainted because of the drama involving the voice actor.

Personally I'll always be of the opinion that one shady VA shouldn't tarnish the reputation of an otherwise incredible series. Plus, our boy might be making a comeback soon - now that the Doko Demo Issyo mobile game has released, ForwardWorks should be just about getting to that long-awaited PaRappa mobile game. Gacha rhythm, anyone?

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've only watched people play either game but Lammy was more interesting

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Lammy's great. It ain't a coincidence that the best PaRappa 2 song (Hair Scare) also happened to have Lammy in it.

Gotta leave it to Lammy, OP.

tumblr_lovdpj59AZ1qfdoo7o1_540.png

Lol. Strangely, I find Lammy to be way more relatable with her anxiety/self-esteem issues. I also can't relate to PaRappa making driving tests seem easy (had to take my own driving test three times...)

As much as I loved parappa the more time I spent with lammy the more I loved it. I still regularly listen to both the soundtrack and the milkcan album. I encourage anyone who has not heard it as a fan of lammy go listen to it on YouTube it's just "milkcan". it's amazing. Great vibe and energy and the songs jam hard, especially if you make it through the weird shit lol. Just makes it better.

It's also worth mentioning that the Milkcan covers of the Um Jammer Lammy tracks are also quite different

This is one of the more dramatically different tracks (original track is orchestral) though you also get stuff like "Baby Baby" but with extra vocals from Katy Kat's VA.

Personally I'll always be of the opinion that one shady VA shouldn't tarnish the reputation of an otherwise incredible series. Plus, our boy might be making a comeback soon - now that the Doko Demo Issyo mobile game has released, ForwardWorks should be just about getting to that long-awaited PaRappa mobile game. Gacha rhythm, anyone?

They should just replace Dred Foxx with this guy (lol)

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Never really got into Lammy. I would rank even Parappa 2 over her game. Parappa 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Parappa 2 > Lammy