• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Dear players,

It is with great emotion that we have made the difficult decision to cancel Paris Games Week, initially scheduled from 23rd to 27th October and which would have marked our 10th anniversary.

The current context and the necessary anticipation of both the technical and logistical complexities of an event such as Paris Games Week have led us to cancel this edition.

This year should have been special, with a line-up full of new releases, and an anniversary edition which we were thrilled to celebrate with you.

We are going to work with all the industry players to enable us all to live our passion. We are already preparing next year's edition and are looking forward to seeing you again.

Our Very Best Regards,

The Paris Games Week Team

Source. (Thx to Lite_Agent for the link of the EN PR!)

For the "How is it a big deal" crowd, PGW is the 3rd public video game event. The numbers are up for debate every year but, officially, PGW 2019 registered 317K visitors over 5 days on 80.000 m2.

Last edited:

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
American here. What does Paris Games Week offer every year?

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Also to note, that announcement was RTd by Playstation France.

Official English PR

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Why use Google Translate when there's an official English translation? ;)

Dear players,

It is with great emotion that we have made the difficult decision to cancel Paris Games Week, initially scheduled from 23rd to 27th October and which would have marked our 10th anniversary.

The current context and the necessary anticipation of both the technical and logistical complexities of an event such as Paris Games Week have led us to cancel this edition.

This year should have been special, with a line-up full of new releases, and an anniversary edition which we were thrilled to celebrate with you.

We are going to work with all the industry players to enable us all to live our passion. We are already preparing next year's edition and are looking forward to seeing you again.

Our Very Best Regards,

The Paris Games Week Team

www.parisgamesweek.com

Actualités PGW

Retrouvez les dernières actualités de la Paris Games Week

Honestly, that was inevitable. Big events like those aren't going to happen for a long while.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
These things barely need an announcement at this point.

I work in an industry centred around public events/gatherings. We're all kinda working on the idea of having no large public events until Fall 2021.

Every country will start easing lockdowns or are already in the process of doing so. But we will all continue to be limited by social distancing until we have a vaccine. Essentials like schools, shops, travel will open up. Concerts, consumer conventions, etc are the lowest of the low in terms of essential. You're not getting 15,000 people all packed into a convention hall while we don't have a vaccine. It's just not going to happen.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I work in an industry centred around public events/gatherings. We're all kinda working on the idea of having no large public events until Fall 2021.

Every country will start easing lockdowns or are already in the process of doing so. But we will all continue to be limited by social distancing until we have a vaccine. Essentials like schools, shops, travel will open up. Concerts, consumer conventions, sporting events etc. They are the lowest of the low in terms of essential. You're not getting 15,000 people all packed into a convention hall while we don't have a vaccine. It's just not going to happen.

I think most people seem to not realize that we are not doing anything till 2021.

The life of capitalism is more important than the lives of the people who keep it running, apparently.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I think most people seem to not realize that we are not doing anything till 2021.

The life of capitalism is more important than the lives of the people who keep it running, apparently.

I see it on my social media every time a 2020 festival is cancelled/rescheduled. People are surprised. Like, really?

Meanwhile...

Large-scale gatherings such as conferences, sport events, and live concerts won't be safe to attend until "fall 2021 at the earliest," according to Zeke Emanuel, director of the Healthcare Transformation Institute at the University of Pennsylvania.

Emanuel was part of an expert panel assembled by the New York Times on life after the COVID-19 pandemic. The problem, according to Emanuel, is "You can't just flip a switch and open the whole of society up. It's just not going to work. It's too much. The virus will definitely flare back to the worst levels."

consequenceofsound.net

Live concerts won't return until "fall 2021 at the earliest," health expert warns

Large-scale gatherings such as conferences, sport events, and live concerts won't be safe to attend until "fall 2021 at the earliest."

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't expect any big event for the remainder of the year and a good chunk of 2021 at least. The worst part is that who knows how many of these events will come back after having to skip 1-2 editions?

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Every country will start easing lockdowns or are already in the process of doing so. But we will all continue to be limited by social distancing until we have a vaccine. Essentials like schools, shops, travel will open up. Concerts, consumer conventions, etc are the lowest of the low in terms of essential. You're not getting 15,000 people all packed into a convention hall while we don't have a vaccine. It's just not going to happen.
Exactly what I was thinking. Hope your job gets better on a personal level. My brother is also in hospitality and it's been a nightmare, his girlfriend is an events planning manager at a famous hotel here in South Florida also.. rough times. :(

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Exactly what I was thinking. Hope your job gets better on a personal level. My brother is also in hospitality and it's been a nightmare, his girlfriend is an events planning manager at a famous hotel here in South Florida also.. rough times. :(

Thanks! Sending positive vibes to your brother and his girlfriend!