• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
France does have a lot of stinky diesel cars though.

Europe built too many and now they're being phased out. Air quality alone should give people reason to move forward.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
France does have a lot of stinky diesel cars though.

Europe built too many and now they're being phased out. Air quality alone should give people reason to move forward.
In hindsight it was an incredibly stupid move by a lot of European countries to push diesels with incentives as a more environmentally friendly option.

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
This is how France treats its youngest protesters / rioters
This is how these "young protesters" treat their own neighbouhoord, schools, etc. :
Since Tuesday, the demonstrations of high school students have each time resulted in incidents: aggression of passersby, clashes with police, bins and vehicles set on fire, various degradations.
This Thursday morning, the same scenario repeated itself. [...]
At around 9:30 am, garbage cans serving as barricades are ignited. The policemen, who are positioned at a distance from the group of rioters, receive a rain of projectiles. The demonstrators, about 200 people, are pushed back towards the ice rink of Mantes, at the entrance of Val Fourré. On the way, other garbage cans are fired, cars are returned, ransacked, burned. The most virulent even attacked a motorist, to steal his business.
Between 10 am and 11 am, the group of thugs comes and goes in the rue Marcel-Fouque, between the ice rink and the outskirts of the school, multiplying acts of vandalism in its path. "These have no claim. They are just looking for the clash with the police, "says a schoolgirl who came to protest peacefully.
Then, around 11:30, about thirty policemen in riot gear positioned at the entrance to rue Marcel-Fouque, about 200 meters from a group of 150 young people. The latter, excited, do not hesitate to come into contact to launch projectiles: iron bars, rocks, bottles.

So yeah, poor poor people being forced to... sit on the floor for a few minutes while the police decides what to do with whom.
It shouldn't have been filmed and the taunting is juvenile but you're all gonna have to make a better case than this edgy "fuck the police" attitude to make me feel sorry for these "kids".

Feb 10, 2018
This is how these "young protesters" treat their own neighbouhoord, schools, etc. :

So yeah, poor poor people being forced to... sit on the floor for a few minutes while the police decides what to do with whom.
It shouldn't have been filmed and the taunting is juvenile but you're all gonna have to make a better case than this edgy "fuck the police" attitude to make me feel sorry for these "kids".

Whether you like it or not, they are kids, aged between 12 and 18.

I'm okay with arresting rioters and people burning/destroying things. The thing is, the way they arrested them and exposed them, you would NEVER see anything like that in Paris. But this happened in the suburbs, so it's okay to treat them this way, I guess.

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
Whether you like it or not, they are kids, aged between 12 and 18.

I'm okay with arresting rioters and people burning/destroying things. The thing is, the way they arrested them and exposed them, you NEVER saw anything like that in Paris. But this happened in the suburbs, so it's okay to treat them this way, I guess.
Well your post wasn't about that at all and regardless of what happened to the people in Paris or their age, if they were violent they deserved to be arrested.

Pacbois

Oct 27, 2017

Fuck right off with that reasoning. Nothing justifies the violence the state constantly uses against it's youth whenever they wanna be heard by governments who keeps throwing them under the bus and a police force that would have no remorse shooting them with live rounds if they were allowed.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
So they've got no leaders, no list of demands and anyone who puts themselves forwards receives death threats. if you're going to bring a country to a standstill for fuck's sake do it in a way that's productive. I'm sure tomorrow's fun times in Paris will break that impasse.

And no, this isn't a "protest the right way" comment. The government can't do anything if the people can't decide what they want.

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
Fuck right off with that reasoning. Nothing justifies the violence the state constantly uses against it's youth whenever they wanna be heard by governments who keeps throwing them under the bus and a police force that would have no remorse shooting them with live rounds if they were allowed.
Fuck right off too. The only violence at play here was from those kids.

Sokrates

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, not sympathizing with people burning cars and throwing glass bottles at passersby is being a boot licker. You're so edgy mate.

Says the person caring more about broken stuff than an inherently broken society that these rioters bring attention to.

Riots are the language of the unheard - Martin Luther King Jr.

Sokrates

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh please, these high schoolers weren't bringing attention to anything, they were just there to break stuff and fight police. What a noble cause.

Lol that's what bootlickers always say.

1968: "These n*gros are only out to fight cops and destroy. What a noble cause."

1970s "These anti war protesters are out to fight cops and destroy. What a noble cause."

2010s "These rioters in Ferguson are only out to fight cops and destroy. What a noble cause."

Always the same fucking reaction. I wonder why? 🤔🤔🤔

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France

1968: "These n*gros are only out to fight cops and destroy. What a noble cause."

1970s "These anti war protesters are out to fight cops and destroy. What a noble cause."

2010s "These rioters in Ferguson are only out to fight cops and destroy. What a noble cause."

Lol. Their own fucking classmates said their protest was hijacked by these violences. If you feel like everything they did doesn't deserve any reaction from the police then yeah we're never gonna agree 🤷‍♀️ Hopefully you never get your car burned down, I'm sure your reaction would be to tell the police to do nothing then, right ?
Now I'll stop answering as you clearly have no idea what we're talking about and just keep insulting me and thinking your US-centric view is universal.

Magni

So they've got no leaders, no list of demands and anyone who puts themselves forwards receives death threats. if you're going to bring a country to a standstill for fuck's sake do it in a way that's productive. I'm sure tomorrow's fun times in Paris will break that impasse.

And no, this isn't a "protest the right way" comment. The government can't do anything if the people can't decide what they want.

Oh they have demands. Google "42 demandes gilets jaunes" and have a good laugh.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017

Another silly American who knows nothing trying to highjack the conversation with unrelated shit.
I absolutely love how you didn't mention one single protest in France, it's not like we don't riot enough or something.
We have more protest in a decade than you have in a century.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

They were forced on their knees for four hours straight.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
They were forced on their knees for four hours straight.
There is a joke here to be made about schools in the 60s...
I don't think kids who are know from police services (the 100 or so kids that keeps going in courts for delinquency and the likes) are treated any better.
Incidentally this kind of punishment would be illegal now but common a few decades ago.
As long as no one was hurt, it's not worse than kids will do to each others.