• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ditusjack

Oct 26, 2017
What's even happening in this topic?
Are people here ACTUALLY excusing animal abuse?
What a fuck?

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
After further consideration, we're going to reopen the thread and give it a chance to produce good discussion. Please stay focused on the videos (stay on topic) and animal welfare.

Take care to avoid posting controversial sources, particularly from social media. Even those that are not banned outright tend to lead to distraction and derailment.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
How the fuck is throwing a cat not deemed that serious.

I mean she tossed it over her head blindly. I don't give a shit if a cat can survive a two story drop you still don't chuck it out a window in frustration. At the very least it shows a complete lack of compassion toward the cat as a living creature and more like a thing.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
The cat-fling thing can easily be a fun/safe/normal routine with a pet, but that behavior re: the vodka is both dangerous and shitty. It could also be a bit done with water, but you still shouldn't make the appearance of harming an animal.

Throwing a pet is not a "fun routine."

A cat would not flip the fuck out like that in the video, if that was just water.

WTF.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
FUCK that, and fuck anyone who abuses animals - on steam or otherwise. Fucking immediate ban.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cats are pretty good at reorienting themselves in the air to land. Doesn't mean you should fucking blind toss them over your head.

I don't even have words for the alcohol thing. It's pretty clear that wasn't water.

This is extremely obviously animal abuse.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
How are people saying that's just water? If it was water why would the cat get all fucking crazy when she did it?

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Reading this thread while my cat sleeps on my lap....

She's clearly abusing her cat by giving alcohol and lobbing the poor thing over her head like an empty bag of crisps.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What's sad is that there are people legitimately defending her because they think they have a chance with her. Y'all im sorry but sounds like you need to get a life if you have to pay some person you don't know to acknowledge you. So silly.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is also a video of her kicking a dog if that hasn't been posted yet

Kinda sad that when the dog gets kicked, it's almost used to it

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned: (3 Days): Downplaying animal abuse
I'm not offended by the cat throwing.

The alcohol is a real problem and deserving of a temp ban so she gets the point.
Since these clips are simply too short I would need to see more with her reaction to Twitch chat pointing out this really dangerous for her cat to determine if she was aware of this or didn't even think if this might be unsafe.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
The cat-fling thing can easily be a fun/safe/normal routine with a pet, but that behavior re: the vodka is both dangerous and shitty. It could also be a bit done with water, but you still shouldn't make the appearance of harming an animal.

All that said, what's with "FEMALE" in the title? This situation reeks of targeted right-wing harassment.
I mean it CAN be a fun/safe/routine to toss your animal. Ive had a cat that fucking loved to be tossed on the bed or sofa, but this clearly wasn't for fun as she wanted it out of her lap because of her precious game. Its not water, cats don't act like that because of water.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What a fucking idiot.
Do you guys think that Twitch is going to do anything about this?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I'm not offended by the cat throwing.

The alcohol is a real problem and deserving of a temp ban so she gets the point.
Since these clips are simply too short I would need to see more with her reaction to Twitch chat pointing out this really dangerous for her cat to determine if she was aware of this or didn't even think if this might be unsafe.
Throwing an animal blindly over your head behind you being dangerous is something we need to teach adults via Twitch chat now?

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
It's obvious you shouldn't give an animal alcohol but I guess I never realized quite how toxic it is to cats. That's good to know... The toss is also pretty bad. The way their brain gyroscope thing works means that while most of the time graceful in the air, if you throw them like that, they are no more graceful than a dog.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Cat throwing is not a thing, you should never throw an animal for "fun", they are not toys.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yo people are actually saying its ok to just blindly chuck your cat four feet in the air behind you?

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Probably more her being young and attractive for viewers gets her more leeway than say someone who doesn't have that going for them regardless of gender.

Dumb to do not just on camera but in general. She might have been drunk with the kiss but still dumb. What would be next for her? Letting her cat lick chocolate from her hand?
I don't think you're allowed to be drunk on Twitch, right? Especially as a partner who represents Twitch?

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
Animal abuse defense force. Resetera really has it all.

Also, the hell with anyone that promotes their image over the content they are streaming. Streaming was a mistake. Amazon wishlist streamers lol.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah cats like to jump and launch themselves out of your arms, but I dont think they like being thrown. My sisters cat jumps out of your arms from heights but throwing her would probably not be a good idea. Cat probably wasnt hurt but likely pissed off.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
good thing the cat is probably fine after the throw but why would you ever do this?

the alcohol thing is disgusting.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
User Banned (3 Days): Downplaying animal abuse
I don't see the first one about the cat overhead as bad as abuse. She could of however tossed the cat to the side, and not overhead for example. The vodka one is really bad.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
That's really dumb.

But I'll give her the benefit of doubt that she didn't know it could probably kill her cat.

But still extremely dumb.

You're right man, she probably thinks that whole "cats have 9 lives" thing is legit too. We should be more understanding.....

Come on, she is a grown woman and I can't believe you would say that in response to the vid. If the cat broke one of it's legs from her doing, would you say "Well at least she didn't kill the cat so its not so bad" too?

Willingly doing anything that could potentially harm an animal is abuse, and grabbing an animal to throw it behind your head is exactly abuse.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned: (3 Days): Downplaying animal abuse
First one, hey it happens, I've had to toss a cat before when it was getting into some stuff, though it's a bad look that you're doing it because it's interupting your stream.

Second one though, that's no bueno.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Twitch is gonna throw the book at her, the most severe punishment they can think of.

I hope she's ready for her one week ban!

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
That's terrible. Poor cat :(

If you're not explicitly aware that alcohol is dangerous for pets, if that's something that you need to learn about then you shouldn't be a pet owner. She shouldn't be a pet owner.

I don't agree with this. I know so many good cat owners that don't explicitly know how dangerous alcohol is. They just don't do it because it's mean and unnecessary (not due to how truly dangerous it is).

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
That's terrible. Poor cat :(

I don't agree with this. I know so many good cat owners that don't explicitly know how dangerous alcohol is. They just don't do it because it's mean and unnecessary (not due to how truly dangerous it is).

Pets are a lot more sensitive to human things in general, any standard adult can easily piece that together that alcohol could be extremely dangerous to any pet with the effect it has on a person.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Pets are a lot more sensitive to human things in general, any standard adult can easily piece that together that alcohol could be extremely dangerous to any pet with the effect it has on a person.
Yeah when even chocolate can be fatal, one should probably consider what straight vodka can do.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
This is insane. She should not be allowed to own any animals, and should be banned from Twitch.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I can't make a comment on the tossing and the action of tossing of the cat in particular because we don't see how high it tosses and what the floor's like. I toss my cat on my bed with a similar gesture (though mine's to the side, not overhead) and he finds it fun. Her reason for doing it is the issue: she's lashing out at the cat. It makes one worry if she gets angrier, what might happen to that cat if she "blames" it for her loss in a video game.

The alcohol stuff is a big fat fuckin' nono though. Like, there's a reason you never hear about giving cats that kinda stuff. I never even considered that as a thing that anyone would ever consider to possibly do until that clip. Realizing the organism is smaller means smaller doses are more dangerous.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017

Twitter text
Hey everyone, I understand the concern and I am sorry for my lapses in judgement. I shouldnt have gotten frustrated with Milo, but I dropped him on the floor behind my chair. I'm not that strong :P . The Vodka thing was well over a year ago but it was also a stupid thing to do.

I also understand the desire to report me to pet authorities and encourage anyone to do so if they feel pets are being mistreated, by anyone, anywhere. My animals are well loved, and live in a warm and caring home, and I will comply with any authority that seeks to validate this.

I think a lot of people are doing this because they believe they are doing the right thing, so no salt. I dont pretend to be perfect, and I will always try to do better, and improve myself.

-Alinity

Status
Not open for further replies.