• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Pat Robertson is recovering after suffering a stroke

BBIEJXB.img

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) — Televangelist Pat Robertson is recovering after suffering an embolic stroke.

In an online news release, The Christian Broadcasting Network, which Robertson founded, says he was rushed to the nearest stroke center Friday after a family member recognized the onset of symptoms.

The release says that within minutes of receiving clot-busting drugs, Robertson was awake, responsive and able to move all his limbs.

The Virginia-based network says 87-year-old Robertson is alert and expected to make a full recovery.

In addition to founding The Christian Broadcasting Network, Robertson hosts its flagship show "The 700 Club."

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always feel so conflicted when bad things happen to bad people. Get well soon I guess. Asshole.

Oct 25, 2017
I derive massive amounts of entertainment from hate-watching 700 Club. I'll take solace that at least it won't turn into Gordon hosting full-time yet.

whatsarobot

Nov 17, 2017
Probably time for him to just take a nice, loooooong break. I say this as a Christian pastor sick of explaining that all of us aren't like Pat...

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I'll never forgive this guy and the 700 club for brainwashing my grandmother into sending them checks from her retirement and disability. People like him are scum con artists that prey on the weak and ignorant.

mac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had the strangest emotional ride. I read that as Robert Pattinson and said "Oh thank god he's recovering," then I realized it was Pat Robertson and I experienced relief switching to disappointment in the amount of time it takes a neuron cluster to fire.

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
"Thoughts and prayers" is utterly the right response.

Nothing more, nothing less. Godspeed, Pat.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
Well folks make sure to send your checks into the Pat Robertson Recovery Fund.. After that you can send your thoughts and prayers.

/s

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I acknowledge that Pat Robertson has had a stroke and is recovering from it. That's all I'll allow myself to say on this matter.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I am so tired I read that as Robert Pattinson. I was like if that pretty young Adonis has health problems what the hell chances do I have? Then I clicked the link.

Oct 25, 2017
The same Pat Robertson who declares every tragedy, from the personal to the catastrophic, God's wrath upon the wicked? Hmm...

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
"Virginia based..."

On behalf of myself, my family, and every other sane rational person in my purview, I am soooo deeply sorry that Pat Robertson apparently came from my state.

Our electoral college voted for Hillary Clinton.

Once again, I'm sorry....

Status
Not open for further replies.