• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at those comparisons - yeah, that's quite the significant difference right there.
Now I kinda regret having sold my copy (though the additional graphical features certainly wouldn't have helped with the main issue I had with this port, but could've been enough of an arguement to still keep it regardless, just for the novelty of it).
Better buy your Switch copy back!
Toss a coin to a seller...

Glad I stuck with this port. I knew they were going to improve upon it, given how games like DOOM and Warframe eventually turned out (granted, they were by Panic Button, but other port studios have been release post-release patches as of late).

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, it looks drastically improved. With the sale on in EU atm, I'll bite. Worth it for handheld mode and for playing the DLC I never bought before.

Easy_D

Oct 28, 2017
I wish there was a way to transfer my PS4 saves into Switcher.
However graphic settings are most welcome and more Switch ports should follow this route.
It's really great. Warframe has a very in depth graphics menu as well and it's very cool being able to fine tune.
Better buy your Switch copy back!
Toss a coin to a seller...

Glad I stuck with this port. I knew they were going to improve upon it, given how games like DOOM and Warframe eventually turned out (granted, they were by Panic Button, but other port studios have been release post-release patches as of late).
Warframe has been rocky lol, became really bad for a bit then they just come out with a patch that makes it run and look better than ever. That ones fun to follow just for the patch notes alone lmao

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Dock footage
Sharpening off:
2020021812463500-dd1e1pjzc.jpg

Sharpening low:
2020021812465200-dd1eikj8x.jpg

Sharpening high:
2020021812470700-dd1e87k6p.jpg

Glasses off

Glasses on

Jun 1, 2018
From the other thread:

So it looks like despite Sabre removing all reference to their promised patch, it did indeed release and adds the MUCH requested cross-save function with at least Steam and GOG (similar to Divinity 2 and Civ 6 I think), and does come with some performance enhancements going by the comparison showing a notably sharper image (can I post the screen comparison here?).

Hope this will roll out over the next day everywhere else. Good show Sabre! :D

Update:
why did they remove all references to the patch?

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
I bought W3 on sale last steam sale event. Already got my monies worth out of it.

I was really considering this for cross-play. But soon I'll be working from home, and won't be travelling as much with my Switch. If that ever changes though I might have to bite the bullet and get it.

Sakuyahime

Sep 21, 2019
Argentina
That's great! After the DigitalFoundry analysis I noticed the game really needed some tweaks when it comes to AA and visual quality, even if it already was an impressive achievement for the hardware on the Switch. And Cross-Saving support is a fantastic feature to have.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I have to wonder if implementing cross save here is a sort of test run for adding it to Cyberpunk.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
If I had to guess, then for not having some posts on a generally unknown social media platform as the main/first information on the patch.

Razorskin

Oct 25, 2017
Sharper image? Yikes. The switch version looks better and is more immersive because of the lack of details.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Well if you really think so just don't change the graphics settings doing this. It's an option after all.

it's a shitpost because I remember someone saying it back when the game launched (which granted was a ridiculous statement to make but whatever)

anyway I popped my cart but have no update (EU)

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Any other comparison images of before and after the update? Considering getting the game now that this update is out but I was curious about the visuals now.

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
Geez...I might have to double dip on the Witcher 3. Never got into the expansions and if I could play this on my Switch with my save file...sign me up!

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I have to wonder if implementing cross save here is a sort of test run for adding it to Cyberpunk.

On PS/XB Consoles? Possibly, but cross save is much more valuable on Switch, especially the Lite. I do believe that CDPR will ask Saber to try and port Cyberpunk to Switch with no obligations to continue if the sacrifices are too great.

Oct 26, 2017
On PS/XB Consoles? Possibly, but cross save is much more valuable on Switch, especially the Lite. I do believe that CDPR will ask Saber to try and port Cyberpunk to Switch with no obligations to continue if the sacrifices are too great.
Don't start this. Cyberpunk isn't happening on Switch. At most a next gen Switch, but absolutely not on the OG gen.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
I can only speak for handheld for now, but considering the IQ, turning off the AA makes such a difference I even question why they implemented it to begin with, or at least didn't make it optional.

I also usually dislike Sharpening filters, but somehow, high Sharpening with AA on looks surprisingly good in handheld.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Wish many more games on switch was cross play with PC. I own a good couple of repurchases between steam and switch i wish i could share saves.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
Now give me a steam sale on w3 pls :o

Now give me a Eshop equivalent of a steam sale on w3 pls :o
I paid like $10 for the complete edition on Steam. I would go up to $20 for the Switch version.

Edit: I don't want to sound like a jerk. It is an amazing update, I would like to have more like this. Pretty interesting to have graphics options as well. I would up the performance as much as I could.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My Switch Geralt won't enjoy the over-encumbered way my modded PC Geralt just gets around without a care in the world.

He's going to have to invest heavily in some alchemy skill points to work out a cure for this sudden on-set of bloatedness.

Didn't think of this.. I wonder how it's gonna work with mods like these

Apr 9, 2018
I tried it there with AntiAliasing off, low Sharpening and the rest as default and it looks quite nice 👍🏻. Turning off the AA alone makes a big difference, it's very aggressive

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
My GOG version is modded so not really viable, I would assume, for a save game transfer to the switch. Not that I know what I am talking about of course. Depends how they save info in the save file I suppose. Anyway neat feature. I've bought The Witcher 3 - 4 times now - but yet to buy it on the Switch lol