- What is Path of Exile?
The game's business model is dependent on microtransactions, but the only thing that players can purchase are cosmetics, stash tabs, and character slots (the default limit is 24, though). Yep, this means the only thing you can buy that affects the actual gameplay is storage space and extra character slots. It's by far the best F2P model for a game of this size and scope I have ever seen.
New to Path of Exile? Check out the "Diablo Player's Guide to Path of Exile" on the wiki. Of particular note are the skill gem system, the Passive skill tree, and the currency system. These three systems are, in my opinion, largely what make Path of Exile such a well designed game. The game has a very steep learning curve and gets hard, so ask if you have questions!
- What's new with the game this year?
On August 24, 2017, Path of Exile was released on Xbox One. The full game is totally free with the same cosmetic/stash space microtransaction model as the PC version. The reviews seem pretty good but I have no personal experience with the console version.
On December 8, 2017, Patch 3.1, "War for the Atlas" was released. Along with the Abyss challenge league, a major expansion and overhaul of the Mapping endgame was added, focusing on the "war" between the Shaper and the Elder on the Atlas.
ResetEra Guild (PC)
I created a ResetEra guild on PC. There are a few members (listed below), whisper them ingame or send me a PM here for a guild invite.
Respond in the thread or PM me for invite on the forums.
Guild Officers (partial list):
I play Standard right now but I will be joining the new league once it starts in 3.1.
- Path of Exile wiki - if you ever need to look something up, it's probably on here!
- Path of Building - This is an offline character build planner. Very useful for planning new builds, item changes, and/or respecs without having to fool around in game, or just guess. It's a bit hard to learn but very powerful!
- Neversink's loot filter - the most popular custom loot filter. It works very well for both leveling and endgame! I recommend going straight to the semi-strict filter.
- poe.trade - an (unofficial) website that uses the game API to facilitate trading. If you have a premium stash tab, set it to public and all the items in it will be on the website within a few minutes. (recommended: set buyout prices. Unpriced items go to the bottom of searches by default, and most people will ignore them.)
- Trade Macro, for easy price checking using poe.trade.
- Official PoE Trading website - the newly launched, official trading site. I think poe.trade is better still, but thi one has non-english language support.
(if you have any suggestions for the OP I will add them, let me know!)