• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Athleon

Oct 28, 2017
Hello everyone
Wanted to ask a quick question regarding crafting in the necropolis.
If I want to forge a 5-linked socket armor would it be fine to put 3 "+1 min link up to 4" and then "+1 min link up to 5", or do I need to put 4 of the latter?
Yeah it works, 4 links don't even drop anymore though unless you have leftovers from before the patch. If it didn't work that way then the 6L corpse would be pretty shitty considering how rare it is lol. When you go to craft the item it will tell you the minimum links anyway so you can be sure you're not fucking something up.

masaa

Oct 27, 2017
France
Yeah it works, 4 links don't even drop anymore though unless you have leftovers from before the patch. If it didn't work that way then the 6L corpse would be pretty shitty considering how rare it is lol. When you go to craft the item it will tell you the minimum links anyway so you can be sure you're not fucking something up.
Alright, thank you for the clear answer!

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Just getting into red maps for first time this league, now that I have more time to play. And I will say, I seem to be getting so many scarabs that I can sustain using them all the time. Which is a good thing I guess since many of them are somewhat situational meaning they don't add content but modifies existing content.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That's what I thought they would be when they said that you can't roll the mods. They would work like pseudo invitations.

Instead that are basically just souped up maps where you can just go full degen and stack modifiers in your favor. They absolutely do not accomplish the goal of being content in between regular Pinnacle bosses and Ubers.

Slev

Oct 27, 2017
Man.....

T17s were definitely a mistake.

While I agree in a general sense, in an economics sense they are really nice for mappers. They made me the majority of my div that I used to buy a mageblood just by bulk selling them and I'm sure they are rather economically profitable for people who are farming them.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
I watched empy do it yesterday, and it was pretty nutty. They couldn't check all the drops because it was too many uniques to check.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
How exactly would I go about getting "curses enemies with Temporal Chains on hit" on gloves? It's recommended for a build I'm doing but I can't even find it on the trade site except for on some crappy unique gloves so I must be missing something.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
How exactly would I go about getting "curses enemies with Temporal Chains on hit" on gloves? It's recommended for a build I'm doing but I can't even find it on the trade site except for on some crappy unique gloves so I must be missing something.

Its a corruption outcome. You have to get lucky using a vaal orb on gloves to get it.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
That changes the gear entirely, right? So I shouldn't use it on the gloves I'm currently using that are otherwise good?

That is one of the possible outcomes. I'm not super familiar with all the options corruption has on a piece.

Sometimes nothing happens, sometimes you get the implicit corruption like cast temp chains on hit or another random implicit. If you can't buy the item, then i would not worry about it that much.

You can search for gloves on that list to see the possible outcomes. PoE is an intense game in the best of times...

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
That is one of the possible outcomes. I'm not super familiar with all the options corruption has on a piece.

Sometimes nothing happens, sometimes you get the implicit corruption like cast temp chains on hit or another random implicit. If you can't buy the item, then i would not worry about it that much.

You can search for gloves on that list to see the possible outcomes. PoE is an intense game in the best of times...
Thanks. There's so many mechanics on top of mechanics at this point that the game is super hard to get into if you're inexperienced. There's just too damn much stuff in the game.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I am already a bit concerned that a build guide REQUIRES a corrupt implicit. Corrupt implicits on gear are generally late game luxury upgrades not core to the build.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
I got my P.Conc of Bouncing guy in normal SSF all 4 voidstones. He felt completed to me so I retired him. Started a Ruthless Lightning Arrow guy, currently at Tier 6 maps but I think I'm probably done and not gonna push him into the Ruthless endgame.

Affliction Ruthless kinda killed the mode for me a bit lol. Has nothing to do with the extra equipment drops of Affliction. In general I prefer the relative item and support / aura gem scarcity.

The currency scarcity is just jacked up too high in the mode, especially since they don't have a bench. I'm stressing about if I can augment orb this t5 white map with one of my 3 augment orbs or should I use one of my 5 alteration orbs on a map with ele reflect because I cant run it. Currency drop rates in Ruthless should be about 30%-40% more than what they currently are.

Last edited:

Slev

Oct 27, 2017
Next league is going to hurt me.

Every time I play a broken crafting league like harvest or Necro the loss in crafting power the next few leagues just murders me.

My ability to just craft all T1s with basically perfect rolls (17x explicit rerolls) is just so insane. It just feels good to print my own gear. Really makes me hate the state of the standard crafting system of PoE.

I think this league will be the most I've played since og harvest.

Unrelated I'm going to be real curious what gets tweaked next league. I assume T17s look different next league in multiple facets but maybe not.

I'm curious if GGG has noticed the high level of usage of power charge stacking this league? I'm kind of expecting that something is going to happen to that archetype sometimes this year. Or maybe they are happy with it? Maybe they just tweak drop rates of the power charge uniques?

Surely something happens to player DD as well.

I think a lot of people are expecting betrayal to get touched up but I'm guessing that GGG mostly ignores it.

Athleon

Oct 28, 2017
This one took a took a bit more to plan, but it came out beautifully.

image.png

image.png

DEX base so that we get rid of mana and strength from our mod pool, one corpse that enables haunted mods, then a bunch of increased mana, caster, attributes and some speed to make cast speed a bit more common. It was pretty tricky to balance the increases since while increasing mana made it easier to hit the most important mod, it also boosts the weaker suffixes. So I had to decide exactly how greedy I wanted to be with the suffixes. Really happy that one of the 2 items hit cast speed. This is what the finished item looks like:

image.png

Haven't decided on what the next project will be. Probably something simple like boots.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Asenath's Gentle Touch and Mark of Submission are cheap options to have Temp chain on hit

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Fought my first and apparently last Catarina of the league. Got Diadem and Veiled orb. Sold the Veiled Orb for 9 div and spent some time upgrading my character. Literally doubled my POB DPS and bumped my EHP by 30%. Still not done shopping for upgrades. I'm working on setting myself up to use a Lightning Coil to solve my physical defense issues.

Ananasas

Jul 11, 2018
I gambled the immortal card from 1 to 16, then gambled more went to 10, changed the card to house of mirror and gambled it to nothing, that's truly the end of the league