• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GordonHalfman

Nov 18, 2017
Nope.

On a different note, i have a spare piece of 4L gear to use for a skill, i am running a CwC incinerate with shield charge and warlords mark/blasphemy/herald of ash.

Any suggestions for a decent skill to supplement it? I tried a CWDT immortal call, but the damage taken was, spiky due to the lose of endurance charges.

For a damage buff you can use Vaal Righteous Fire, ideally with Increased Duration support. You could also try War Banner, it's a bit of weird choice for a spell caster but it does give you adrenaline for a few seconds when you drop it, which is 100% increased damage and 25% cast speed which can be useful for bursting bosses.

Another way to boost damage is to get a Fire exposure debuff going, using either Wave of Conviction, or Scorching Ray with Spell Totem support.

For a bit of defense consider using Orb of Storms or Storm Brand (fast hitting skills) with Blind support. Blind is quite nice to have versus some attack based bosses. You can add other on hit supports like Culling Strike or Power Charge on Crit also, if your build uses power charges. (Edit: I should prob mention Arcane Surge support here if you aren't already using it?)

You should probably consider swapping out Blasphemy Warlords mark for a warlords mark on hit ring if you can afford one. (For a cheaper option there is also this ring: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mark_of_Submission). WM generally doesn't need levels and you use your mana on an Anger or Zealotry aura instead.

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For a damage buff you can use Vaal Righteous Fire, ideally with Increased Duration support. You could also try War Banner, it's a bit of weird choice for a spell caster but it does give you adrenaline for a few seconds when you drop it, which is 100% increased damage and 25% cast speed which can be useful for bursting bosses.

Another way to boost damage is to get a Fire exposure debuff going, using either Wave of Conviction, or Scorching Ray with Spell Totem support.

For a bit of defense consider using Orb of Storms or Storm Brand (fast hitting skills) with Blind support. Blind is quite nice to have versus some attack based bosses. You can add other on hit supports like Culling Strike or Power Charge on Crit also, if your build uses power charges. (Edit: I should prob mention Arcane Surge support here if you aren't already using it?)

You should probably consider swapping out Blasphemy Warlords mark for a warlords mark on hit ring if you can afford one. (For a cheaper option there is also this ring: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mark_of_Submission). WM generally doesn't need levels and you use your mana on an Anger or Zealotry aura instead.
Thanks for that, I'm going to have a play with spell totem, not tried that before.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Been checking this out on PS4 and it's cool but does it ever get more challenging? I'm level 17 and just steamrolling everything.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
So I spent my 7 exalt on crafting, that was fun. Now I have 3 bows, the one I multimoded seems to deal less damage than the one I chaos spam...

I really need to understand how damage scale in this game, flat vs percentage increase, nodes on the tree ...

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's the general concensus on how doable the challenges are this league?

I've never gotten to 24, and I've just done the 12th, wondering how much of a chance I've got of getting 24 this league.....

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Game's economy is completely fucked on PS4. People are asking insane prices for the most mundane of items. Makes me wish I was playing on PC.

As it is right now the trade market is completely useless.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Game's economy is completely fucked on PS4. People are asking insane prices for the most mundane of items. Makes me wish I was playing on PC.

As it is right now the trade market is completely useless.
Yeah I had a browse last night and for now it's not worth it. I'll progress as much as I can with what I have and hope for a bit of luck with my drops then check again.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Should be a trade up from Dungeon, right? I think I get how it all works...

Managed to get a decent pair of boots as an upgrade that have 30% movement speed as a bonus!

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another thing the game never tells you is that once you run a map it's more likely to drop so if you have say 7 maps in t2 and you have 5 of that set after you run those 5 the chance to get the 2 maps you need is only 1/7 for each one. So it's better to get all the next tier of map before running them. though this obv makes it take longer to get to red maps. Also the 3 to 1 recipe can help but isn't available for every map which can be infuriating at times.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Map drops have been abysmal for me this league. I haven't had a single moment where I've been able to sustain T12 or higher. I have fucking 80 T11 maps and zero T12 though 16. I've been running side content and delve as much as possible.

Never had this issue before. I keep buying high tier maps (dozens of T15 at once) and just burn right through them all. Just bought 8 T15 maps and had zero drop T12 or higher

I think I'm cursed

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah I gave up after running around 12 t13/14 maps at over 130+ quantity and getting 3 t14/15 maps.

Working on the backlog for now.

Heretic is hilarious.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Map drops have been abysmal for me this league. I haven't had a single moment where I've been able to sustain T12 or higher. I have fucking 80 T11 maps and zero T12 though 16. I've been running side content and delve as much as possible.

Never had this issue before. I keep buying high tier maps (dozens of T15 at once) and just burn right through them all. Just bought 8 T15 maps and had zero drop T12 or higher

I think I'm cursed
I had this problem until I stopped ignoring the Nexus. I'm sustaining high reds very well now on chisel, alc, vaal n go. Probably 20-30% of my maps come from the Nexus.

Rufus

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Sextant if you have 3 of the same map. It usually pays off. Also, I recommend Harbinger as a mod from the map device. You'll earn your chaos back from selling the Annuls and Ancients.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I had this problem until I stopped ignoring the Nexus. I'm sustaining high reds very well now on chisel, alc, vaal n go. Probably 20-30% of my maps come from the Nexus.
Maybe it's time I stop ignoring it too then. I'm just so overwhelmed by what the hell is happening.

Thanks for the tip
Sextant if you have 3 of the same map. It usually pays off. Also, I recommend Harbinger as a mod from the map device. You'll earn your chaos back from selling the Annuls and Ancients.
Thanks, I'll try anything at this point lol I'm beyond map starved

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone have any thoughts on good classes/builds for PS4 that don't require more than 8 skills?

My ArcWitch is 40 but most guides I see seem to have way more skills than 8.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have any thoughts on good classes/builds for PS4 that don't require more than 8 skills?

My ArcWitch is 40 but most guides I see seem to have way more skills than 8.
The build I'm working towards is basically all Winter Orb, with a little Blade Vortex and Phase Run for mobility.

Other three are heralds.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2305560/page/1

I wish it was possible to activate auras from the skills screen rather than needing them on the main action buttons.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The build I'm working towards is basically all Winter Orb, with a little Blade Vortex and Phase Run for mobility.

Other three are heralds.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2305560/page/1

I wish it was possible to activate auras from the skills screen rather than needing them on the main action buttons.
I'm waiting for the ultimate QoL feature where you establish a set of auras you run and can place them all on a single button to toggle them all at once.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Trickster has insane defenses. I'm level 84 and guardians are easy, for the first time ever. At 8k ES, planning to go 10k. Playing vortex/cold snap, easily the best overall build I've ever played. Got tired of being one shot by random shit

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
yeah, cold snap and vortex are some of the best skills mechanically, you essentially drop and run around in circles. ES is at a really good point atm as well.

Nearly done with my storm brander, probably 2 or 3 more equipment upgrades and she'll be able to do uber elder. Half way to crafting my second wand and will then need to recraft my helm.Still throwing up if I want to build another spellcaster before the next league as next league i'll 100% be doing melee.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
So that I'm clear, to get the barrows map I'll need three dungeon maps and to get a dungeon map I'll need three crypt maps (I think, not on my PS4 right now). What's the best way to get the tier 1 maps to drop in the first place to allow me to trade up?

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
So that I'm clear, to get the barrows map I'll need three dungeon maps and to get a dungeon map I'll need three crypt maps (I think, not on my PS4 right now). What's the best way to get the tier 1 maps to drop in the first place to allow me to trade up?
Farm non-maps or buy what you can from Zana.

Or trade for maps with other players.

Maps get rarer and rarer as you progress, so when you hit high yellows and reds you'll need to run all available content (synthesis, delve, temple) to sustain/gain a map base.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I actually didn't know you could buy from Zana, thanks!

I get delve and synthesis but the temple is still confusing as hell to me. Another one I need to read up on.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually didn't know you could buy from Zana, thanks!

I get delve and synthesis but the temple is still confusing as hell to me. Another one I need to read up on.
Just a heads up, selling 3 maps results in a random map from the next tier up.

Zana's inventory only refreshes daily and only after completing her daily mission as denoted by the bright ring around a particular map on the atlas.

There are also certain rules on how maps drop when running maps, but rather than regurgitate information that is better explained elsewhere, I'll let you find a better resource, because it took me a while to figure it out, same with the temple stuff.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
For now I think I'm just going to run what I have and trade up to that tier when I can. I need orbs of fusing too, they don't last long at all! D:

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone knows if there is a PoE or reddit thread that GGG monitors with suggestion how to fix trading, because i just had an idea.

It needs changes to UI, thats for certain, so it cannot be implemented completely painlessly for them with current technology.
First, they need to enable trading from where ever you are and all items, that make sense, need to be stackable.
Second when somebody message you with items request, it puts a link for this item in the chat.
If click that link, you get a pop-up (with customized sound), in top left part of the screen, where you select two options Accept/Deny. If you deny, automatic message is generated to the player (you can preselect it from several options).
If you Accept, trade view is opened (which is transparent, so you can still play), your item/items are automatically added to trade and if other player have enough resources in their inventory (of course if they requested exact value for the trade), those resources are put automatically as well.

Done, the system is still interactive and its not AH, but its pretty painless for both parties for the most part.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
They are pretty clear that they don't want to improve trading. They're perfectly fine with the horrible mess of spamming messages into the void, scammers, price fixers, and all the other issues with their current system.

Which is a damn shame.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt they are "OK" with it like that. I just think they don't know how to get it the way they want it to be honestly. I would like to think patch 4.0 will have a trading overhaul of some sort.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I really fancy playing this on my PS4, but
the lack of a market really puts me off. I have zero interest in self found PoE because the variability of loot is so ridiculously high.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
They are pretty clear that they don't want to improve trading. They're perfectly fine with the horrible mess of spamming messages into the void, scammers, price fixers, and all the other issues with their current system.

Which is a damn shame.
Both Chris and Jonathan said that they are not fine with current trading system, but they also said they wont ever do AH or non-interactive trading.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Both Chris and Jonathan said that they are not fine with current trading system, but they also said they wont ever do AH or non-interactive trading.
Idk, if they wanted to improve it they would. Chris has made enough noise about how he doesn't like trading to where I'm not convinced they're going to make any effort.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
Idk, if they wanted to improve it they would. Chris has made enough noise about how he doesn't like trading to where I'm not convinced they're going to make any effort.
Not really, we still did not receive additional buttons or stackable fossils :) They're 13 weeks schedule is a killer, so a lot of stuff is just postponed if they are not fully critical.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Not really, we still did not receive additional buttons or stackable fossils :) They're 13 weeks schedule is a killer, so a lot of stuff is just postponed if they are not fully critical.
Trading isn't a league mechanic, though. It's been the way it is for years, and it's baked in to the core of the game.

They've made a few steps recently with tab improvements and opening their own trade site, but they've done almost nothing to the core trade experience within the game itself. I was hoping they'd use their 10c money to hire some more full time developers to improve basic UX and QoL, and while they have done some of that work (new music, redesigned areas, basic tutorials), there's a lot more to be done.

I'm with you though that the 13 week schedule is ambitious, especially with the meaty content updates they've pushed the last several leagues. New voiced dialogue, writing, and intricate mechanics instead of touch thing get loot. The quality of their output has (up until this league) been above and beyond what I would have expected. This league is even growing on me.

In the end, though, I feel like they need to make some more improvements and fixes to the core content. I'm fine with slightly less interesting league mechanics twice a year paired with balance changes and core improvements. They could even release the "major" leagues around summer and winter holidays.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
I fully agree with You :)
I would love to have new league being pretty much Nemesis like in terms of content and instead of it just focus on rebalance and core engine/ui/gameplay improvements.
Like i still do not get why they havent reworked the all skill statistic menu and information and i need to use PoB to get more accurate, though sometimes still not accurate information. I also want a customizable test dummy in my hideout where i can test my damage and skills like cast on damage taken or cast when stunned etc.

The crafting bench though gives me a lot of hope for the future as its UI is quite modern, though it lags when loading, so still not really performant.

Last edited:

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
They did bring on openarl (the guy who developed PoB) last league so might be seeing improvements to the skill tree ui soon.

GGG recognise there are issues with trading but are probably still trying to best figure a way to solve them while keeping their philosophy in check. an AH for just currency/frags/maps would solve a lot of issues for players. Then bring in a non intrusive way for sellers to sell that'll still allow buyers to visit your hideout (vendor npc?)

ElOdyssey

Oct 30, 2017
Just started playing this game for the first time. So far so good. I was pretty amazed how much customization you can put into your character. My only issue so far is that my game minimizes and then crashes. Has anyone come across this bug?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just started playing this game for the first time. So far so good. I was pretty amazed how much customization you can put into your character. My only issue so far is that my game minimizes and then crashes. Has anyone come across this bug?
Haven't had it minimize. Have you tried switching between windowed and full screen to see if it still happens?

ElOdyssey

Oct 30, 2017
Haven't had it minimize. Have you tried switching between windowed and full screen to see if it still happens?
I will try this out once I get home and report back. Thank you.

Edit: I changed it to borderless window mode and so far it hasn't minimized on me yet. Thanks again.

Last edited: