• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I need a bit of help trying to find a fractured item I have on poetrade to check its price.

It is a belt with an implicit modifier of "15% increased energy shield."

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Just figured out that it was the cannibal fire eater spectres that were tanking my fps. Now that I switched back to solar guards, it's much improved. I mean, it's still sub 20, but at least I can move and react to stuff.

Pretty damn bad, honestly.
Crap. Any word of the devs on improving the issue ? I really won't start this if it stays that way.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Even on Pro it chugs when there's a large amount going on, although I'm not convinced it's not linked to net code in some way. Would be nice for a fix because most of my non-boss related deaths or near deaths come from the game slowing to a crawl when a lot happens at once.

EDIT: Any recommendations on how to boost my life in the game? I have my resistances capped now (chaos aside obviously) but at a little under 3k health it doesn't take much to bring me down (if I don't notice a bleed pretty quickly I'm gone). I'm running up to T5 at the moment (still no Barrows map though!) and not really struggling because for the most part things don't get very near to me but I know that's going to change soon.

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't noticed hardly any slow down on the XBX, even when you open a breach in a very dense map and everything goes bat shit.

I'm sure they'll fix it, i think the vanilla XBO version is decent enough.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
After a long time playing this league, I finally got 36 challenges and got the wings cosmetic which will hopefully help make most of my characters that wear random gear look better.

I don't think this league was terrible. Nexus definitely has flaws, especially with boss memories, but the concept as a whole isn't bad and they've improved the execution. Fractured items are also great for crafting gear upgrades. Soulrend and Divine Ire (which I was using to cast Purifying Flame while Channeling) were both fun to play. The Herald unique rings that can drop from Nexus bosses are also very build enabling which were a huge motivation towards designing new characters.

Looking forward to the Turmoil/Mayhem/Flashback/whatever-it's-supposed-to-be league that is coming up.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think this episode of Baeclast laser focused into the main issue of this league quite well.

The issue ultimately is that trading is really garbage in PoE. Synthesis is now in a spot where the actual memory/Nexus stuff is fine, it's added returns to your maps and is rewarding enough. The issue is the crafting. To get anything out of the crafting system in a non RNG manner... you HAVE to trade for fractured items. That means you have to interact with trading. And the system is complex enough where most sellers don't know the value of the stuff they are selling. So there is this constant game of chicken of "is what I put more expensive than what I put it at" and you get numerous AFKs, price fixers and snipers. It's the trade economy at its absolute worst because most people don't know what X item is worth and the few that do capitalize on it immensely leading into a sour experience for other. It's the ultimate "rich get richer" scheme and unlike previous leagues where you could get lucky drops and catch up, there is no real catch up mechanism here, you can't luck into a top tier implicit item (you can't just drop Onslaught boots for example).

This league represents an important precipice for GGG. Even hardcore players have gotten fed up of the trading system and it seems that if GGG wants the game to grow as they have said that they want... they need to improve the trading system and they need to do it sooner rather than later.

EDIT: Any recommendations on how to boost my life in the game? I have my resistances capped now (chaos aside obviously) but at a little under 3k health it doesn't take much to bring me down (if I don't notice a bleed pretty quickly I'm gone). I'm running up to T5 at the moment (still no Barrows map though!) and not really struggling because for the most part things don't get very near to me but I know that's going to change soon.
There is no shortcut to this, you just need Life stats on every piece of item (minus weapons) and the highest amount of life nodes on the tree that is possible, even trying to get the life nodes on the Scion wheel. Life/ES is among the most demanded stats in the game.

But you can get additional means of defenses to boost your "EHP". Cast on damage taken Immortal Call with a Curse link like Enfeeble. Fortify attached to movement skills like Shield Charge/Whirling Blade. Defensive Flasks like Granite/Basalt/Jade/Stibnite. Get Blind from some source. Either get high evasion, Mind over Matter mana or armor. Additional sources of physical damage reduction like Endurance Charges. Block chance like Rumi's flask, Shields or Dodge chance like from a Quartz Flask. Any of the above on items especially from Veiled mods or crafted mods. Increased elemental resistance cap through Flasks, Loreweave or reducing incoming elemental damage with triple balanced Wise Oak flask. Phasing to reduce your visibility against enemies. Unique Item or Ascendancy specific defensive abilities (Trickster Ghost Shroud, Light of the Shroud affix, Aspect of Cat etc.).

A well made character in PoE uses as many defensive layers as possible while also being highly damaging. As the game has progressed, players have gotten more and more damage sources but not as many defensive layers (unless you are a spell caster which has gotten massive gains in defense relative to melee/attack based builds). So you need to stack as many defensive layers as you can get your hands on... remember you can't do DPS if you are dead.

Last edited:

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
The issue ultimately is that trading is really garbage in PoE. Synthesis is now in a spot where the actual memory/Nexus stuff is fine, it's added returns to your maps and is rewarding enough. The issue is the crafting. To get anything out of the crafting system in a non RNG manner... you HAVE to trade for fractured items. That means you have to interact with trading. And the system is complex enough where most sellers don't know the value of the stuff they are selling. So there is this constant game of chicken of "is what I put more expensive than what I put it at" and you get numerous AFKs, price fixers and snipers. It's the trade economy at its absolute worst because most people don't know what X item is worth and the few that do capitalize on it immensely leading into a sour experience for other. It's the ultimate "rich get richer" scheme and unlike previous leagues where you could get lucky drops and catch up, there is no real catch up mechanism here, you can't luck into a top tier implicit item (you can't just drop Onslaught boots for example).
That's the thing..Synthesizing items is just a small part of the league as a whole, but GGG made the mistake as advertising it as the whole point of the league. Even since the trailers for the league I knew that fractured items were going to be way more important and far more relevant and I assumed that the Synthesizing item feature would mostly be ignored by most of the community; I guess not.

I think if it was better communicated that most of the time spent playing the league was going to be getting special rewards, using fractured items to make it easier to craft useful rares, and even going for some of the uniques that drop from bosses, the league would be better understood. Instead they kept hyping up Onslaught Boots and ES Leech implicit rings and stuff like that.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That's the thing..Synthesizing items is just a small part of the league as a whole, but GGG made the mistake as advertising it as the whole point of the league. Even since the trailers for the league I knew that fractured items were going to be way more important and far more relevant and I assumed that the Synthesizing item feature would mostly be ignored by most of the community; I guess not.

I think if it was better communicated that most of the time spent playing the league was going to be getting special rewards, using fractured items to make it easier to craft useful rares, and even going for some of the uniques that drop from bosses, the league would be better understood. Instead they kept hyping up Onslaught Boots and ES Leech implicit rings and stuff like that.
That's definitely a problem with their marketing. There are clear elements of each leagues that appeal to different types of players:

New Lore in Synthesis and storyline - Appeal to story people
Nexus - Appeal to players who like games inside games (meta games)
New Uniques/Item Affixes - People who like shiny new items
New Crafting system - People who like high end crafting
New bosses - Chase encounters for people that like difficult end game challenges
etc.

The issue here is that the crafting system seemed at first that it would be more easily acquired by the average but core player. Similar to the Veiled mods in synthsis and the master crafting... I think it's fair to say those crafting was more accessible to a larger player base. Here though high end synthesis is only for the top 1% of players, for the rest of the player base they have to live with Fractured item crafting. But fractured item crafting isn't nearly as exciting as getting a triple T1 meta implicit on a top tier base and that's especially a problem when you have reddit where every other post is like that.

And you pile on the convoluted method of acquiring these implicits. Its admirable that GGG aims at the top 1% with each league however I think you can't really sustain that for every single league. You can't introduce new, game changing item crafting methods every new league... people barely learn the crafting systems of the previous league! This honestly wasn't an issue at all until the last league.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
That is why I think they shouldn't have made Synthesizing such a front and center part of playing the league. They needed to show off what the memory rewards could do for players that weren't going to be making those sweet unobtainable implicit items, and maybe even design the league better with that in mind (like making it clear that "very valuable" memories are a thing that exists). Fractured items might not be as exciting as Synthesized items worth many mirrors, but it wouldn't have to be if there is something else that can be exciting in its place.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The biggest issue, at least for me being an SSF player, is that the synth crafting system is such a huge resource sink, and with the outcome having multiple layers of RNG you're just better off sticking with vanilla crafting, I've spent god knows how much on resources to get good synth bases, and still get terrible outcomes.

I quite enjoy the board game, trying to min/max out a path to get good rewards, the actual gameplay side of that does have issues though, firstly, it's massively rush based, not got a fast or char with great clear speed, you're screwed, I also don't like the fact that board pieces are polluted with '2's, why?, just give us '3's, why would we want to waste our time getting '2's?, they also really needed to fix the fact that some maps are impossible sometimes, the only path to the first (and quickest to get swallowed up) is sometimes blocked.

As an aside, I am glad to see that GGG have added text search to the atlas on XBO, that is a massive QoL improvement for console.

And a question, are map drops weight per map?, what I mean is, are there certain maps that are more likely to drop maps than others?, either it's wonky RNG for me, or there are certain maps on the atlas that I've never seen a map drop from.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest issue, at least for me being an SSF player, is that the synth crafting system is such a huge resource sink, and with the outcome having multiple layers of RNG you're just better off sticking with vanilla crafting, I've spent god knows how much on resources to get good synth bases, and still get terrible outcomes.
Fractured bases are really good though, because if you find an item with a good guaranteed modifier then that's a modifier you don't have to look for.

Also hard to imagine vanilla crafting nowadays when essences, menagerie recipe crafting, multi-modding, and fossil crafting are in the game, especially since the resonators and essences that reroll like a chaos orb work on fractured bases now. PoE has really added so many options for crafting items since its release.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fractured bases are really good though, because if you find an item with a good guaranteed modifier then that's a modifier you don't have to look for.

Also hard to imagine vanilla crafting nowadays when essences, menagerie recipe crafting, multi-modding, and fossil crafting are in the game, especially since the resonators and essences that reroll like a chaos orb work on fractured bases now. PoE has really added so many options for crafting items since its release.
The issue is the layer upon layer of RNG, if you find a good modifier, most are trash, at least the ones I've found for my build, as for fossils, again, if you find them.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good video to understand what fractured items are worth selling and how to price them?
I doubt we would ever get one that is super comprehensive because A) meta changes so which stats are worth what changes B) they are likely to get a changeover and C) any video that someone makes is either going to get outdated or people use as the basis of their purchasing/selling decisions and it skews the economy. Plus a lot of people like to be happy being rich using esoteric concepts, there are very few people who fully share game insights to all (you see some stuff on reddit and a couple of YTers put out stuff). GrimPOE is one of the few people to give highly detailed explanation on optimized currency generating strategies but I doubt you will see him talk about pricing fractured items (since he himself is not too big on them).

Best bet is to check out some guides:

Just use some general rule of thumbs when pricing these items. Also watch all the ZiggyD videos on Synthsis.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I've played... I wanna say at least a hundred hours on this game so far and I'm basically clueless about the crafting. It's REALLY poorly explained in game.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've played... I wanna say at least a hundred hours on this game so far and I'm basically clueless about the crafting. It's REALLY poorly explained in game.
Not that I am excusing it, but this kind of thing is apparent in most games, at least F2P ones, of this ilk, Warframe suffers the same.
I think it's the result of the game being built in layers over a number of years, luckily there are plenty of Youtubers who have your back with tons of content on these kind of things.
I'll be honest, it's one of the things that draws me to these games, the sheer depth and the amount of mechanics that I need to research to get the most out of them.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I've watched a few and I'm still not really getting it.

A super involved crafting system is definitely not a sleight on the game for me, I just can't wrap my head around it*. I'm doing t5/t6 maps at level 82 and I feel like I should have dabbled more by now.

* I say "it" but it's not even a single entity. There are bits of crafting scattered all over the game and the only one I actually understand (because it's super simple) is the menagerie. Hell, I'm even struggling at this point to work out what I should be using as a base... which isn't helped by the build I'm following which basically says get all of these uniques and you're good to go (rather than focus on these stats) but I'm slowly working that out as I go as well.

I'll try and hunt some more videos out.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I've watched a few and I'm still not really getting it.

A super involved crafting system is definitely not a sleight on the game for me, I just can't wrap my head around it*. I'm doing t5/t6 maps at level 82 and I feel like I should have dabbled more by now.

* I say "it" but it's not even a single entity. There are bits of crafting scattered all over the game and the only one I actually understand (because it's super simple) is the menagerie. Hell, I'm even struggling at this point to work out what I should be using as a base... which isn't helped by the build I'm following which basically says get all of these uniques and you're good to go (rather than focus on these stats) but I'm slowly working that out as I go as well.

I'll try and hunt some more videos out.
There are a few staples that never change, like rares having up to 3 prefixes and 3 suffixes.

In a nutshell, you want to try and get an item with 6 Tier 1 affixes, ones that enhance your build, there are numerous ways to approach this, but there are some simple methods.

Pick an item base (see the wiki for the item you're looking for) bases are ilevel locked (ilevel = monster level+2 maximum, so ilvl 75 items may drop from lvl 73 monsters), either get a white base, or scour back a rare / magic, the add magic affixes using an Orb of Alteration , then craft it to a rare with a regal orb (scour repeat if you don't get what you want), and then add affixes with either master crafting (crafting bench in your hideout) or exalted orbs.

You can use a site like poecraft or poeaffix to see what affixes you can get on a particular item.

Wolfian has some good indepth crafting guides

That is it in it's simplest terms, items like fossils and essence can push affixes in certain directions.

Last edited:

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I actually stumbled across that video earlier, I'll watch it later thanks.

When I change the modifiers on an item can I change them one at a time (as in D3) or do I reroll each of them individually?

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017

Crafting in the game is very much secondary to understanding what a good item is and why it is good. There's so much to it that it is 100% confusing. Each league I've played, I'd estimate I've vendored a few ex worth of gear at the least, just solely on not being up to speed on the build meta at the time.

What build are you running? Most people here will be able to give you a pretty good idea of what you're chasing and how to get there.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually stumbled across that video earlier, I'll watch it later thanks.

When I change the modifiers on an item can I change them one at a time (as in D3) or do I reroll each of them individually?
You can't reroll them individually, you can reroll all, add new ones (if the item has affix space) or reroll the numerical values (which is expensive currency)

Crafting for me is important, because a) I like crafting and b) I play SSF so I can't trade for items.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
There are people in the community who have played thousands maybe even tens of thousands of hours but don't know all the nuances of crafting. CuteDog for example knows nothing about chance to get certain affixes or the possible tiers/rolls. Hell even crafting savy folks need to constantly refer to websites.

When people come into PoE and say "omg the skill tree is massive!" I just shake my head because I know they will pass out if they start to get into real end game and stuff like crafting, mapping and delving.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I'm running on this build (at least that's the PoB link I'm using). I don't know if it'll work, but this is me currently.

I obviously need spell/elemental damage and cast speed. My resistance are capped currently (actually I think I have ~100+ for ice/fire/lightning) but as I mentioned my health is low - I have very little ES either but I don't know if that's a stat I should be going for as there are quite a few dodge based passives in the build, so wasn't sure if evasion would have been better.

Looking at the gear examples in that OP they're built around the specific uniques and higher level mods (hence my confusion with all of the types of modding - multimod, temple mods) so in the meantime I'm just trying to improve my character to allow me to progress through content. It's not super urgent because I'm getting along OK but obviously I want to keep improving and learning as I go and at the moment I feel like the crafting is a barrier to that which I need to get over.

When people come into PoE and say "omg the skill tree is massive!" I just shake my head because I know they will pass out if they start to get into real end game and stuff like crafting, mapping and delving.
That was me when I first really paid attention to the game at that tail end of last year when it was announced for PS4, and yeah I'm definitely approaching the point where I need to do more of the end game stuff. Mapping is starting to make a little more sense to me as I progress through the missions but even delving, which I've done a fair amount of, I still feel like I'm missing a lot.

I realise I'm asking a lot of questions in here but I should say that I LOVE the game, and I do feel like I'm learning as I go (slowly). I like to learn as much as I can about games I play a lot and I think this game is definitely the most complicated lesson I've ever undertaken so even with all the reading and watching I've done outside of the game I feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

EDIT: Another I've been meaning to say, and I need to test it, is I'm wondering if the performance issues I'm noticing are down to the loot filter as it's definitely at its worse as stuff dies - I'd initially thought this was because of all of the effects but it did occur to me that it might be the filter.

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm running on this build (at least that's the PoB link I'm using). I don't know if it'll work, but this is me currently.
Profile is set to private.

I realise I'm asking a lot of questions in here but I should say that I LOVE the game, and I do feel like I'm learning as I go (slowly). I like to learn as much as I can about games I play a lot and I think this game is definitely the most complicated lesson I've ever undertaken so even with all the reading and watching I've done outside of the game I feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

Literally everyone has been in the same place at some point or another.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Profile is set to private.
The box wasn't checked, but I checked it and unchecked it again and it looks viewable now. :)

I've been trying to 6 link a chest for a while now (I have the sockets sorted, just not the links) and I definitely need to look at gloves as a priority too.

As a bonus some of my next few passives are life/resistance nodes so that should help a little with survivability.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Quick cur
The box wasn't checked, but I checked it and unchecked it again and it looks viewable now. :)

I've been trying to 6 link a chest for a while now (I have the sockets sorted, just not the links) and I definitely need to look at gloves as a priority too.

As a bonus some of my next few passives are life/resistance nodes so that should help a little with survivability.
Quick cursory glance, you have no chaos resistance, and I don't know what the build is, but having your defensive layers spread over all 4, life, ES, EV and AR probably isn't optimal.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So whatever happens, unless it's changed/nerfed, I'm definitely going trickster/ES next league, might run vortex/cold snap again.. the leveling is easy, it's tanky as hell and fun to drop portals that evaporate enemies. Most importantly, bossing is a breeze and very safe. Dodge/evade/ES, and you don't even need fortify/attack movement skills. I just pop flasks, run around and proc arcane surge with flame dash.

I've done like 15-20 guardian maps, delves close to 300 (which is a lot for me), general mapping of all tiers, side content including high tier synthesis zones, Shaper.. only thing I haven't tried is uber elder, but I don't really have much incentive to do it as every time I've done it I haven't gotten anything good and it just costs too much. I actually make far more just running regular Atziri fragments lol, been pretty lucky there.

In general, it's easily the strongest and most satisfying build I've ever played.. all while remaining deathless aside from 2 or 3 silly mistakes that I knew I made. I got tired of getting killed/one shot with my necro/spectre build.. which was fun, but got kinda boring after a while (not very interactive) and the DPS/survivability seemed to drop off fast with higher content.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2476865

Build is above. Items themselves are pretty expensive to achieve his numbers (7M+), but you can easily hit 1-1.5M DPS/8k ES cheaply and with whatever gear. I'm personally at a total of about 2.5M DPS, which is plenty for me because the sustain is incredible, especially on guardians. You're just right next to them doing damage for 90% of the fight. I'm up to 10.3k ES, which seems like enough to never die or very close to it. I've only died three times I think since hitting level 80ish and every time I knew I made a dumb mistake.

I'd say the one downside is that the AOE/map clear speed isn't meta (but still very respectable), but honestly I don't really care because I never die and still move through maps quite fast. The EXP sustain is more important to me than zoom zoom. I'm already about to level to 93, which is easily the fastest and smoothest up to this point I've had yet.

Overall super satisfied.

Last edited:

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Quick cursory glance, you have no chaos resistance, and I don't know what the build is, but having your defensive layers spread over all 4, life, ES, EV and AR probably isn't optimal.
Yeah, I have some wiggle room with other resistances that I can hopefully get that up and as I mentioned above I'm not sure where I should be focusing my defenses (because the build doesn't really make it clear). My many shortcomings at the moment are a symptom of me not really knowing where to go as far as crafting goes.

But getting a worthwhile base for each of my slots is probably where I need to start. D:

GordonHalfman

Nov 18, 2017

What chest are you six linking? It can be very expensive, ruinously so in unlucky edge cases, so I wouldn't attempt it until you have your Inpulsa.

You might be able to just buy a five link chest with a life roll to tide you over. These are dirt cheap on PC, it's hard to give advice since I don't know what the PS4 economy is like but if it's really tight you can also consider farming Channel or Blood Aqueduct to get a Tabula Rasa.

The build you're following doesn't really get any ES (as you say it is goes Phase-Acrobatics.) Or much in the way of defense at all actually apart from that. It's a very offense heavy build in general so just prioritise getting more life rolls. I notice you're not using your crafting bench at all? It makes it much easier to cap your resists and such.

I'd also get some damage increases on your sceptres.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
The chest is nothing spectacular (I can't link it at the moment, my stash isn't showing on the site). I started initially just to get a feel for modifying items but quickly burned through 100+ fuses without even seeing a 5-link (that I would have accepted at the time). I think I converted a Sadist's Garb (which is the base item for the Inpulsa I think) using an essence (I'm pretty sure I used the life essence... greed? You'll have to excuse me for being terrible with the specifics) and then rolled it to 6 sockets and then to the colours that I need. I've shelved it for now anyway.

As for crafting... yeah I'm trying to get to grips with that at the moment. It's giving me no end of confusion!

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most builds can get almost as much bang for your buck from a 5L, 6L can be hideously expensive, i must have chucked thousands of fusings at it in the last league to no avail, got one this league in less than 50, go figure.

Master crafting at the bench is probably the most straightforward and simplest form of crafting even just using that can give you some grear improvements on your gear.

GordonHalfman

Nov 18, 2017
The chest is nothing spectacular (I can't link it at the moment, my stash isn't showing on the site). I started initially just to get a feel for modifying items but quickly burned through 100+ fuses without even seeing a 5-link (that I would have accepted at the time). I think I converted a Sadist's Garb (which is the base item for the Inpulsa I think) using an essence (I'm pretty sure I used the life essence... greed? You'll have to excuse me for being terrible with the specifics) and then rolled it to 6 sockets and then to the colours that I need. I've shelved it for now anyway.

It's generally much better to do this the other way around, that is buy a six link base and craft on it with things like essences. White six linked bases can be quite cheap since there are various sources of them, but again I'm not how this is on PS4.

The average cost of a six link is about 1000 fuse, but in the past it's taken me more than 3000. Which is such a miserable experience it put me off ever doing it again. (Seriously, just watching your currency bleed out one click at a time while giving yourself an RSI, it's a terrible piece of anti game design honestly, not that I'm bitter.)

As for crafting... yeah I'm trying to get to grips with that at the moment. It's giving me no end of confusion!

Crafting in the sense of just using the crafting bench to add a mod to an item is pretty simple and cheap. You can get an extra resist or something for just a few alts.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I'll give those a go. I'll try and find a six linked chest that I can afford and just reroll the sockets - I know when I looked previously I couldn't find all that much. It doesn't help that being able to filter within a search isn't particularly powerful as far as I can gather - once I've selected the base item (so the level 68 sadist garb for example) I don't think I can then look for 6-linked items, all I can do is filter on a keyword.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
That's a pretty expensive offensive build to be playing as a first char. I wouldn't be spending too much money on trying to craft a chest, looking at that build guide, Inpulsa is best in slot as an offensive piece and you aren't really going to match it with rare gear anytime soon. Uniques are either build enabling or build boosting, Inpulsa is used here as the damage it offers in conjuction with the Shaper of Desolation ascendancy node is bonkers. Same with the boots, having the ability to socket two other abyssal jewels is pretty bonkers. Both are a huge boost to damage when used correctly. Both are expensive, but you can do better in the meantime.

The priorities for a traditional rare defensive piece are resists, life, inc armour/es/eva and then whatever else. In that order. The priority can change depending on build but that'd cover it for 90% of builds. That build doesn't particularly specialise in a single defense, opting for dodge and a highish life pool for its defense, so you have some freedom for that 3rd priority. You've got plenty of res so would be concentrating on getting life rolls now.
  • Your boots and left slot ring would be OK if you used the bench to craft a life mod onto it, should cost a few alchs. This would be the first thing I would do, you should be able to craft +50~ on each.
  • Get some new gloves and helm, not sure on the economy on PS4 but dual res gear should still be pretty cheap. Try aim for the higher tiers for res( T3 and up/35%+). Splash out for a good life roll but remember you can always craft +50~ to max life so I wouldn't settle for something with lower life.
  • I would then chase down a Tabula Rasa by buying it or farming blood aqueducts for the humility div card, the 6L should boost damage for you quite a bit, can't die if you kill everything on screen first.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm done with the league.

Thanks to MoonlitBow for giving me a chaos orb to buy a resonator yesterday. Now I have only one chaos in my stash lul.

The only thing that I may wanna do is selling my 6L Hyrri's chest to buy a Fenumus' Shroud and try something with the Fenumus set, but the Hyrri's chest seems to be cheaper than the Fenumus' Shroud and I'm not finding a build with that unique set so ...

Maybe I will try some racing, my PB is 8hours to blood aqueduct ... abysmal

OMG 160 C for an exalted... SELL SELL SELL SELL

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Most of this is fine but there are 3 things that stick out to me most:

*You have extremely low Life stats on almost all of your rare items. My advice would be to just get a decent enough white base and throw an Essence that gives a high amount of life guaranteed especially on your chest then craft some resistance on there. This is if your a solo self found, in trade you can easily get big upgrades to your character with a single Chaos. Seems you are on PS4 so its going to be challenging but honestly even with savvy trade use you can get some stuff much better than you have, just focus on getting the highest amount of life possible.

* A lot of your sockets are empty. You want to be using up every single socket. I recommend at least throwing in a Decoy totem for bossing. Get some additional Vaal gems like Vaal Grace or Vaal Haste that you can pop while mapping. Get Flame Dash to get over ledges. Get a Lightning Golem to further increase your cast speed and get a curse as well. Every build can have one curse by default so make use of it. If you are having problem with defense then definitely get Enfeeble, Warlords Mark or Temporal Chain. Attach them to cast on damage taken set up. Vendor in act 5 sells all the gems that you could possibly need. If you need even more Sockets then having a Vaal Blade Vortex set up as a 4 link will give a lot of damage as well.

*Your Flasks are pretty bad. You only want to have ONE Life Flask and then 4 utility or unique flasks. Since you are solo self found, I would recommend one Life Flask that removes bleeding, a Silver Flask for Onslaught (freeze removal probably), a Granite or Basalt Flask for defense (Curse removal), Jade Flask for evasion for more defense and then a single Quicksilver flask that has Adrenaline suffix for even more movement speed. You can also get a Quartz Flask instead of one of these but definitely have at least Silver Flask and Quicksilver Flask. It's very easy to craft utility flasks, just find a base, Alteration/Augment spam until you either have the desired Suffix (Freeze/Curse/Bleed removal) or you have a prefix and an open suffix. You can then craft the removals suffixes through Beast Crafting (Warding = Curse removal, Staunching = Bleed Removal etc.). The hardest to craft are the Life Flask and the Quicksilver Flask. You want Adrenaline suffix on Quicksilver which is not available from Beast crafting and on Life Flask you need a Bubbling affix which gives you instant recovery. And PLEASE use Divine Life Flask, not Eternal Life Flask as Divine flask gives more life at a shorter interval which is what saves you in the game.

Actually I just realized... You don't really have a way to self sustain. By that I mean you don't have a way to leech/regenerate life/mana for long fights. That's probably why you have 3 Life flasks. I would invest in getting a Warlords Mark set up asap because it allows spell casters to leech both life and mana.

Some of your items have open stats that you can be crafted upon. Your boots for example can have a crafted Life roll that you can put on, same for BOTH of your Rings and a couple of your other items. Your Chest piece is so bad that you should just get an Intelligence base white 4 socket Chest and then use a Life Essence on it to guarantee a high roll then craft resistance on it.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the tips all.

I actually have a chest ready to replace my current one but I'm struggling to get everything linked (even a 5) on it so it's sitting in my stash - I will look at the market tonight to see what I can do to replace it as well as getting some life where I can through crafting.

And yeah I realised it was an expensive undertaking once I actually started paying attention to the gear so I'm not super bothered if I ever get it to within sight of what's posted in the build. I do have a (apparently) more budget friendly Divine Ire trickster build that I'm going to look at next if I find myself coming to a dead end with this one.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just a heads up, there are a few pieces of free cosmetics with Twitch prime ATM.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2493971

TwitchEffectsInGame.jpg

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My current boots setup is for Shield Charge, Fortify and faster casting, I have a pair of Elder boots that I could craft an innate fortify support onto them.

Is it worth doing this, and if so, what could I use in the free slot that doing so would create?

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Bad performance on PS4 aside, this game is just absolutely devouring my free time. Heck, I haven't even touched Sekiro since this game released, I'm having that much fun with it.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
By the way, is level 93 a good enough level to stop at? I can do everything up to tier 14 pretty comfortably without having to worry too much about dying, but I wanna start doing stuff that could potentially kill me (like that tier 16 temple thing I just did that took away 25% of my xp >_<).

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
If I need mostly red sockets on an item (3 red/1 blue to be precise) do I have a better chance with a strength based item to roll those sockets?