• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Fock I did it, the Ape is down

The announcement is 45 minutes from now right?
Do we have a cooldown?

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's around 500 but I'm halfway through this run so it's not indicative of much, but that is the stat that I've been going for on the passive tree and loading up on in my gear, so relatively high for where I'm at I would think. I do have very weak armor and evade. I suppose a good question is, is there a default 'every build' kind of way to approach defensive stats? Which permutation of defensive stats provides the most overall survivability?
There is no one default defense in PoE. It's all build dependent, but in general you want as much life or energy shield as you can get. Generally speaking most people will not go ES until they hit later levels like 65+. There are a bunch of reasons for this, but the most important one is that it's much easier to level a life character then an ES one. ES is nice to have while leveling, but not something I would focus on. I would just focus on getting life and resists on gear, and then getting life nodes on the tree that I'm close to. My suggestion would be to either follow a build or look at a few to see how they go about the skill tree. What skill are you using?

Accuracy needs a rework. It's a pure DPS nerf that spells don't even interact with.
Have a feeling GGG will introduce some sort of spell accuracy. Which is the exact opposite way I want them to go. Would rather they just get rid of accuracy all together.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They have actually gone further beyond than even I predicted!!!

Absolute game changer!

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
That cyclone AOE sooo good. Cyclone back on the menu

edit: Disfavour going to cost a fuck ton next league.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like Gladiator and Berserk are going to be the two ascendancies they are going to improve this league. Wanted some changes for the Raider one, maybe she gets something minor.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like you can animation cancel Multistrike as well (which should extend to Spell Echo).

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
With new skill Dash if you hold shift it will dash backwards no matter where your cursor is!

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Melee changes sound great so far. Lots of skills are going to feel so much better with animation cancelling. Cyclone being top on the list. Depending on how hard the WO nerf is I might go melee to start the league. Legion also sounds like it could be a better version of breach. This is all I want this league. Just clean up the bugs from the past leagues and they are golden. Unbelievably hyped right now. Can't wait for Synthesis to be over.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit
Now I want to play melee
I't's only me or there's a graphical improvement?

Cult of Apocalypse Supporter Pack

Alrus

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
All the changes look pretty exciting, I never really tried Melee builds because of how clunky they looked early on and the amount of currencies they seemingly took to be competitive.

League mechanic seemingly being a better version of Breach is great news.

Now if they could add Harbinger to core instead of Torment I'd be even more excited.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
I'm about 26 minutes into the Beaclast with Jonathan and it's been excellent. I'm going to start taking some notes since he's mentioned a couple of things I haven't seen mentioned. For example, Molten shell has been changed as a way to help against bosses. Since armor is good against small guys but doesn't do much for bosses Molten shell has changed. Molten shell now does 75% damage reduction up to a cap while the molten shell is active, and the cap is determined by the amount of armor you have. I'll post my notes with timestamps when I finish listening to it. Might have to go back and start from the beginning.

Edit:Fortify has been buffed "quite significantly" and there are some mechanical changes to it. Things in the passive tree to buff fortify now as well so that you can invest into it. No specifics yet. Hyped

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Yoooo the changes they made to the animation systems has me hyped as hell. You can dodge Hillocks sword swipes now by moving around him. Soooo goood.

Edit:Get ready for better boss fights with this animation system. Hyped.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The new league looks a bit unexciting, have to try it to see. At least it's not convoluted garbage.
New league is simply Breach 2.0 but with more player control.

The only negative for me in new league is the Incubation system. Depending on how frequently they drop, it could add yet another layer of micromanagement during your farming session where you need to attach an Incubator to every one of your item. Hopefully the cut off values are higher than 5000 because thats like... 7-8 maps.

Haven't seen the Baeclast yet but according to RaizQT:

*Poison/bleed getting changed/buffed.
*Physical based hits will be roughly twice as likely to stun than elemental hits.
*Molten Shell and new Steel Skin skill can scale off of your Armor to provide a ton of mitigation that is useful against large hits.
*Fortify getting changed and more ways to scale it.
*More telegraphed animations from bosses coupled with animation cancelling means more fluid combat encounters. Animation cancelling works with Multistrike as well.
*Accuracy is practically irrelevant against trash mobs (meaning you will always hit them even at like 70% accuracy).

Last edited:

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure that you will have to incubate good stuff for a looooooooooooooooong amount of time

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Accuracy no longer being capped is a secret buff to bow builds since they don't have any way of getting the Hits Cannot Be Evaded modifier AFAIK.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Someone gleaned over the Cyclone gem data from the video.

The gem tags are: Attack, AoE, Movement, Channeling, Melee.

• The mana cost is 2 (down from 12).
  • Damage effectiveness starts at 45% (no change).
  • Movement speed multiplier is negative 30% (no change).
  • Attack speed has a 200% more multiplier (up from 50%).
  • No change to requirements at gem level 1.
  • First hit still deals 50% less damage (not sure what it's needed for at this point).
  • The skill gains stages (?) (up to 6 has been seen thus far). They seem to subtly increase AoE as you keep channeling, and have a short decay timer upon interruption, akin to Worb and other channeling skills.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Someone gleaned over the Cyclone gem data from the video.

The gem tags are: Attack, AoE, Movement, Channeling, Melee.

• The mana cost is 2 (down from 12).
  • Damage effectiveness starts at 45% (no change).
  • Movement speed multiplier is negative 30% (no change).
  • Attack speed has a 200% more multiplier (up from 50%).
  • No change to requirements at gem level 1.
  • First hit still deals 50% less damage (not sure what it's needed for at this point).
  • The skill gains stages (?) (up to 6 has been seen thus far). They seem to subtly increase AoE as you keep channeling, and have a short decay timer upon interruption, akin to Worb and other channeling skills.

Channeling?

Oh no, this is going to make the skill super meta.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
The new movement skill Chain Strike looks awesome

And Jonathan said that Viper Strike will feel good, I will level my character with that before having access to Divine Ire

Flicker Strike is going to be good, I will jump on the meme wagon

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
With the higher attack speed, better AOE and movement...

Yeah Cyclone might be meta. Devoto's prices are going to go up and stuff like Voidforge/Starforge/Disfavor going to be relevant again.
The second I read about Cyclone being CwC I knew it was going meta. Not only that but Belly and Kaoms going up.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Belly won't go up mostly because Loreweave still exists. Even post nerf Loreweave, you generally get about as much effective defense as a Belly only with much better offensive stats.

Not to mention we have very powerful Rare chests now that give a ton of HP and +% crit chance.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like it will be another Trickster league.

With the changes to Cyclone, Tricksters Weave the Arcane and Swift Killer become really powerful for Cyclone.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

With the changes to Cyclone, Tricksters Weave the Arcane and Swift Killer become really powerful for Cyclone.
Spell Caster meta isn't going anywhere so yea Trickster is here to stay.

There's apparently going to be a support skill that is like Unleash but for Melee skills (strong but slow hit). Very good for something like Earthquake or Ground Slam that are big physical melee hits that can stun.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

There's apparently going to be a support skill that is like Unleash but for Melee skills (strong but slow hit). Very good for something like Earthquake or Ground Slam that are big physical melee hits that can stun.

I really like Vaal Earthquake, so something like that would be amazing for an Earthquake build. Bleed Earthquake used to be a build I loved to play, lets see if it can make a return.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Very hyped about this, even the animation changes in this makes the patch great, let alone everything else.

Nah, if the changes to glad and berserker are good they'll be up there as well.

Shifting between blood and sand stance seems like it'd be hella cool, basically moving between offense and defense.

Berserker will be interesting. Rage not having a downside and new skills to support it. Hoping I can do a funky abyssal cry berserker again.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If EQ can get less duration per gem level and bigger AOE then I can see it returning into the meta.

Especially since Johnathon from GGG has promised Bleed buffs/changes.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Even if spells somehow did go away, Trickster benefits from melee channeling, if not actually more so because of Weave the Arcane and Cyclone being a skill that expects you to continue channeling which will build Power and Frenzy charges.
Man, I want this so bad. I always wanted to set up a big earthquake hit.

That combined with animation cancelling will hopefully make builds that don't invest in a lot of attack speed but go for bigger damage numbers a lot more viable.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Updated Game Mechanics

• Skill animations can now be cancelled before or after damage is dealt by moving or using another skill. This includes cancelling out of multi-hit attacks like Double Strike.
  • Skills can now be queued.
  • Dead enemies no longer continue to be targeted by namelocking until you release the skill. Holding down the skill will cause attacks targeting the enemy to automatically cancel and your character to lock onto to the next target you mouse over.
  • Namelocking is less precise. You will still namelock if you slightly misplace the cursor.
  • Holding down a skill and then moving the cursor over an enemy will now target that enemy (but not namelock onto them).
  • Wind-up time on movement skills removed. All movement skills now begin moving the character instantly. Spamming a movement skill will still cause a small animation to play between them, as on live (i.e. this won't buff travel speed with movement skills, only dodging).
  • Pathfinding and targeting have been made more consistent, preventing cases of repeatedly casting into a wall and some cases of getting stuck on collision.
  • Attacks can now have attack time multipliers, which slow down or speed up the attack's animation (and therefore also modify attack speed).
  • Skill ranges, hitboxes and damage timing have been made more consistent and clear.
  • "Single target" melee skills now hit multiple enemies in range of the swing. Weapon range scales this range.
  • Melee skills now have a longer base stun duration and cause stuns more easily. Spells have a shorter base stun duration. Physical damage (from attacks or spells) causes stuns more easily than elemental/chaos damage.
  • Chance to hit is no longer capped at 95%. Accuracy has been made more available and monster evasion reduced, so that 100% hit chance is feasible.
  • Older enemies that don't clearly telegraph their skills have been updated to do so, allowing more opportunity to dodge them. They also hit harder though.
  • More enemies have been given block chance. Monsters blocking will not completely prevent damage, but reduce the damage by a percentage. Player block mechanics have not been changed.

From the PoE Reddit.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
  • Pathfinding and targeting have been made more consistent, preventing cases of repeatedly casting into a wall and some cases of getting stuck on collision.
Please tell me this is what I think it is

Please

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Please tell me this is what I think it is

Please
Yes it is. It's about how stuff like Shield Charge gets stuck on object or Freeze Pulse doesn't come out near doors.

Not that they promise a 100% fix on it but Johnathon claimed that it's significantly better now.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yes it is. It's about how stuff like Shield Charge gets stuck on object or Freeze Pulse doesn't come out near doors.

Not that they promise a 100% fix on it but Johnathon claimed that it's significantly better now.
Oh my god

This is something that pushed me away frome shield charge/whirling blades exclusively as movement skills since the beginning of time.

Just hitting a potion and watching your character move around the map effortlessly while shield charge is infinitely stuck on a flower pedal in the players path has been an aggravating experience.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I won't pretend to know what most of this means but it's nice to see some hype in here! Hopefully people will have build ideas up for league start and I can start leeching off of their knowledge!

Will have a read of the announcement post shortly.