• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What are people doing with low end master missions? Are people bothering to go back to low tier maps to do them? Or just forget about them?

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ok, sorry for the DP, but........

Anyone else seen this?

Good on him. I been thinking about that for some time, trying to give the less possibly to China and other corrupt and genocidal regimens and corporations. It is impossible to totally escape taking into account the type of world we live on, but you can do things like this if you feel it is right. PoE has been my main game for 5+ years, only Thea: The Awakening and MHW managed to make my pass some PoE leagues. GGG has been bad on political aspects, mainly not caring about sexist, homophobic and racist content in chat, forums and players names. Probably my last league too. But I understand if others can not follow, this type of decisions can be complicated, specially when it becomes part of your life.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have enough politics in my day to day life, I don't want it in my leisure pursuits, so whatever it makes me, I'll continue to play PoE, it certainly won't keep me awake at night.

I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with taking a stand, as long as you apply the same logic to everything you consume.

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Only have played 29 days of in game so still have new player questions. Does the elder/shaper move around the Atlas if you run a map neither one has presences on?

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only have played 29 days of in game so still have new player questions. Does the elder/shaper move around the Atlas if you run a map neither one has presences on?
Yeah but it's kinda RNG
The elder/shaper mechanic is already complex enough but it's full of fucking RNG to mess you up even harder, it's one of the things they need to adress

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but it's kinda RNG
The elder/shaper mechanic is already complex enough but it's full of fucking RNG to mess you up even harder, it's one of the things they need to adress

So if I need a tier 12 map I just wait around till someone takes my offer (Xbox) is what I have been doing and it kinda makes me not want to play

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just had a T15 blighted canyon map drop, poe ninja says they are worth about 83 Chaos, do I run it, or flog it......decisions decisions.....

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ncwkgjvvjvs31.png

Delete ghosts when.
Just had a T15 blighted canyon map drop, poe ninja says they are worth about 83 Chaos, do I run it, or flog it......decisions decisions.....
Run it if you're chasing the challenge. The returns are shit.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pushing for 36 challenges and RNG is killing me. I completed all tiers of Blighted maps and I'm still missing 1 Blight Rare monster. Are there specific maps tied to rare monsters so I can at least try to get that with a little more luck in my favor? I really don't want to do End Game Grind or Encounters, 6 (RNG Chayula), 5 (Possessed Beyond Boss), and 4 (Hallowed Ground boss kills) but there's two remaining that are entirely RNG (Deadly Encounters - Kill Aul, and Blight Rares) that might force me into doing those.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm not gunna lie. I've got enough DPS and tankiness now to literally afk for blight encounters and most delves, even at depth 350. I usually just browse ERA lol

I think I'm at 10M DPS and 10k EHP

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Man I've been struggling to hit the 24 challenges. Just can't force myself to play this league at all. Every day I log in try to do some of the stuff I need, and almost immediately log out.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Man I've been struggling to hit the 24 challenges. Just can't force myself to play this league at all. Every day I log in try to do some of the stuff I need, and almost immediately log out.
Any reason in particular? I'm not super big on the tower defense stuff but I've played a bunch of builds I haven't tried before and I'm having a blast.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Damn we are only half way into the league?

Bring on 3.9 already... and by already I mean when it's good and polished.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm surprised this league is lasting so long. Haven't compared it to others but to only be half way is pretty crazy.

That being said, it's been one of my favorite leagues, mainly because I love summon builds. You still have to be awake for endgame bosses lol

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised this league is lasting so long. Haven't compared it to others but to only be half way is pretty crazy.

That being said, it's been one of my favorite leagues, mainly because I love summon builds. You still have to be awake for endgame bosses lol
Same time as all other leagues which is 3 months. Just that there is no end game goal in the league so you can experience the league content fairly quickly.

The Oils are the only thing that can give it longevity since it can maybe enable new more refined builds. Those take a while to work out.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Am I just supremely unlucky? I'm almost at 36 challenges and the "easiest" one left for me is the "Blighted Rare monsters" challenge. I've been running Cassia in every map including 24 blighted maps and still haven't seen the rare Blighted Bone Rhoa. Is there a special place I need to hunt for them?

Challenges in spoiler
21D6A85C182D94CE4583DB4E94C659AB1292C8D5

0C8C0AA74021A2684ECD4538031D0F14111E4CD4

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like while I was away there has been a new meta development especially for Delving.

A lot of people are using a fully avoidance juiced up Raider to farm lower level depths with Scourge Arrow. Lots of evasion/dodge with CI but with almost no life/ES for the sole purpose of farming Delves. Seems to be outnumbering the number of Deadeyes with TS in Delves.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Any tips for a first attempt at the shaper?
Stay close to him so that he attacks with his melee attacks rather than using his Shaper balls which hurt a lot more. Avoid his Slam at all cost, don't use your movement skill too early. Always explode the ice vortex balls at the outer rim of the map. During second phase you want to be in Zana's red circle to avoid the onslaught of projectiles but as soon as it's over Shaper will launch a giant beam at your location.

During the in between phases, ignore the monsters except to refill flasks and kill the mini boss asap. Shape recovers life the longer you are not fighting him.

Bring a Culling Strike gem for the final phase and attach it when Shaper is low then like Shield Charge into him or whatever.

Try to get sources of chill reduction/removal and cold damage mitigation. Definitely get soul of Yugul on Pantheon tree. Use damage flasks only when he is using the beam attack and you have ample DPS up time. Good amount of life regeneration and/or life leech always helps in these fights.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stay close to him so that he attacks with his melee attacks rather than using his Shaper balls which hurt a lot more. Avoid his Slam at all cost, don't use your movement skill too early. Always explode the ice vortex balls at the outer rim of the map. During second phase you want to be in Zana's red circle to avoid the onslaught of projectiles but as soon as it's over Shaper will launch a giant beam at your location.

During the in between phases, ignore the monsters except to refill flasks and kill the mini boss asap. Shape recovers life the longer you are not fighting him.

Bring a Culling Strike gem for the final phase and attach it when Shaper is low then like Shield Charge into him or whatever.

Try to get sources of chill reduction/removal and cold damage mitigation. Definitely get soul of Yugul on Pantheon tree. Use damage flasks only when he is using the beam attack and you have ample DPS up time. Good amount of life regeneration and/or life leech always helps in these fights.
Thanks, very helpful, hopefully I'll be able to do it on the first go!

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't even bother with the culling gem
Depending on your build, the balls won't be that much of a deal too, you can see them coming. You just have to know how he telegraphs the laser and the slam so you don't get surprise gibbed.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll add a couple of flasks for extra dmg mitigation, and I think I may need to add fortify support somewhere, other than that I should be ok in terms of DPS....

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
My method for shaper: run a build with 3M+ DPS and instantly phase him.

Same for Uelder.

Power creep is super real. I'm farming uelder on a 2ex budget, deathless in 70% of fights.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
So I hit +1 levels, and enemies explode dealing 5% of their life as fire damage on a two handed aoe mace. I don't have the slightest clue what build that would be useful for. Seems like a rare enough mod to make a build around it, but no idea what to do. Any suggestions?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So I hit +1 levels, and enemies explode dealing 5% of their life as fire damage on a two handed aoe mace. I don't have the slightest clue what build that would be useful for. Seems like a rare enough mod to make a build around it, but no idea what to do. Any suggestions?
The +1 level is to all skills or fire skills?

Probably can use it for any generic fire skill. Fireball, Incinerate, Flameblast etc.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
The +1 level is to all skills or fire skills?

Probably can use it for any generic fire skill. Fireball, Incinerate, Flameblast etc.
+1 all skills. Going to have to do some research on this one. Might end up trying to get a useful third stat using beast craft magic imprints. Will wait until I can think of a build before I craft this thing.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
+1 all skills. Going to have to do some research on this one. Might end up trying to get a useful third stat using beast craft magic imprints. Will wait until I can think of a build before I craft this thing.
If its plus 1 to all skills then you can use whatever spell you want to be honest. Stuff like Blade Vortex becomes very strong.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
2x "Scout Tower Range Increase" (= T4 minion) helped me immensely, but that may just be me using minion towers a lot.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did the shaper, was fairly easy, only issue was his huge beam (is there a player skill like that?) killing my minions and having to respawn them, which led to me dying once.
Now just got to get the elder in the middle for a first attempt at uber elder!

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can use scorching ray with the MTX if you really want a shaper laser but it sure isn't as strong as his laser.
Uber elder is not much harder, but you just have to be aware of more shit on the screen. Biggest problem is when the elder decides to slow you down to a crawl.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can use scorching ray with the MTX if you really want a shaper laser but it sure isn't as strong as his laser.
Uber elder is not much harder, but you just have to be aware of more shit on the screen. Biggest problem is when the elder decides to slow you down to a crawl.
Thanks, loved the look of his beam, might try and build a scorching ray character for a laugh!

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
So in shocking news surprising to everyone, summoners are busted.

I spent most of yesterday building a Baron Zombie summoner. Currently I'm level 75 and I can AFK Blighted maps. It's nice while I struggle to get the last blighted monster I need for the challenge. The worst part was making the weapon. I had the currency to make it and the base item so I figured I'd save myself some trading time and self-craft it. That was a mistake.

So based on what the internet told me the best base was a 2 handed shaper mace iLevel 76-81 as that restricted rolls to give you the best chance at nailing +1 Socketed Gems AND socketed gems are supported by level 20 (or 18) Maim.

I did the crafting process:
1) Fossil craft quality on the base item
2) scour and craft +18% quality
3) 6 socket and 6 link then scour
4) Alt spam for the above two mods
5) create imprint via beastcrafting for insurance
6) regal --> annul to make it rare
7) Craft the rest of the mods (Multi mod + Support Gem levels + Minion stuff)

Step 5 and 6 hung me up HARD. It took 12 imprints before the annul finally caught the right mod. At ~140c per imprint it would have been cheaper for me to just buy the damn weapon outright. I actually got super lucky on the alt-spam step and nailed that in about 200 alts. Either way my summoner is set for a weapon. Everything else is just STR stacking from here on out.

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If you don't like Scorching Ray then you can try Divine Ire. It's faster and more powerful. Not exactly like the Shaper beam but you can feel powerful shooting giant beams..

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That awkward moment when you accidentally scour a ring you've spent a lot of currency on crafting.

Oopppss

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
To get uber elder to spawn, I assume I have to drag elder influence on each shaper guardian?

First you need to have progressed the Zana quest line to point where it says something about "luring" Elder.

Then once you expand Elder influence to one of the guardian maps, all 4 guardians and Shaper's realm will become affected by Shaper influence.

Kill the 4 shaper guardians and elder influence should spread to guardian maps & shaper's realm.

Once that is done, kill the 4 guardians again (this time Elder guardians), and then you can finally try killing Uber Elder in Shaper's Realm.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can't kill them in any order once they're shaper influenced, they're connected to their diagonal guardian neighbors but not to the one opposite, so do them clockwise or counter clockwise to be sure

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not easy to get all 4 in elder influence, gonna take a heck of a lot of maps to get it there, I've got 2, but I am really struggling to pull it round to the last 2.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You don't have to
Guardian maps are connected, just do each guardian once one is shaper influenced and you're good to go, just don't do the first then the one opposite of it on the atlas