• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
If all parts of a set are needed, and one doesn't drop, rest might as well be vendor trash. It's a bit annoying to pretend that every fully juiced metamorph kill drops parts you can use only to never let people actually use them.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
This situation with the eyes & to a lesser extent livers is ridiculous. I've now done over 40 maxxed out metamorphosis since the patch and haven't had a single set of eyes.

Even if they fix the drop rates I'm going to have a stupid amount of excess materials now - and that's if this is a mistake and not intentional
The times I find a unique eye, the meter doesn't fill up enough for me to actually get the drop lol.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just did my first item flip. Bought an amulet for 7 chaos like an hour ago, sold it just now for 30 chaos. Tripled my current chaos orbs total xD

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Fucking christ, since the patch it took 40ish maps to get one eye to drop. I probably saw maybe 3 other ones in total, but no full bar for those.

But lost 20% to that metamorph because it had some bullshit that popped me out of nowhere. Died a few times to some of those influenced poisoned mobs too, wasn't sure which enemies it was; they're just lobbing bombs from off screen

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't even mange sirus on awakening level 0. Last phase is full of dumb fucking one shots you can't see coming and I don't mean the asteroid attack.
Pure trash.

The cyclones all over the arena are also dogshit.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Mathil had 3 tries on Awakener and couldn't kill him (he didn't watch VODs of the fight). I don't feel as bad about my first encounter bricking.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
I'm playing golemancer as a league starter and just bopped into Awankener after I leveled so I wouldn't lose XP when I ripped all the portals. What a shitshow that fight is if you rely on long-lasting minions.

The economy this league feels jacked. I'm sitting on about 18ex and I feel poor.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
So I've played most seasons but always stopped at around lvl 50 so have no concept of the maps or what currency is actually worth anything. For the first time I've actually beaten the campaign and am level 74.

What should my priority be now? Maps seems too hard for me (I just get flat out one shot every so often) so I assume I should farm resistance gear? I'm on solo self found and playing lightning arc.

To get the resistance items should I just delve or where do I go now if not maps?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So I've played most seasons but always stopped at around lvl 50 so have no concept of the maps or what currency is actually worth anything. For the first time I've actually beaten the campaign and am level 74.

What should my priority be now? Maps seems too hard for me (I just get flat out one shot every so often) so I assume I should farm resistance gear? I'm on solo self found and playing lightning arc.

To get the resistance items should I just delve or where do I go now if not maps?
Just farm Blood Aqueducts and start iding Rares that you can use. I would also make sure to complete all side quests that give passive points if you missed those. Also at least try to complete Cruel Labyrinth and then once you have better gear go for Mercliess Lab.

Also the Crafting Bench in your hideout can craft Resistances on your gear. You should be prioritizing +Maximum Life and Resistances on Rares. Addition of movement speed on boots, stats on rings/amulets to meet gem/equipment requirements (so Strength/DeX amulet). Only offensive stats on your main weapon and I am not sure which build that is but you can use a Shield in Off hand and that's another slot you can have resistances (Spirit shields can also give offensive stats to spells as well do be on look out for those).

You can Delve anyway just to progress in it and unlock a few new crafts. You will eventually run out of Sulphite anyway if you don't go into maps.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Just farm Blood Aqueducts and start iding Rares that you can use. I would also make sure to complete all side quests that give passive points if you missed those. Also at least try to complete Cruel Labyrinth and then once you have better gear go for Mercliess Lab.

Also the Crafting Bench in your hideout can craft Resistances on your gear. You should be prioritizing +Maximum Life and Resistances on Rares. Addition of movement speed on boots, stats on rings/amulets to meet gem/equipment requirements (so Strength/DeX amulet). Only offensive stats on your main weapon and I am not sure which build that is but you can use a Shield in Off hand and that's another slot you can have resistances (Spirit shields can also give offensive stats to spells as well do be on look out for those).

You can Delve anyway just to progress in it and unlock a few new crafts. You will eventually run out of Sulphite anyway if you don't go into maps.

Yea I did try the cruel lab a couple of times but again got 1 shot. My resistances are awful so it's probably that.

Can I add those things from the crating bench to any rare item? It doesn't remove/replace? It's just a flat additional stat? If that's the case I am a dumb ass... made some very poor decisions with items! Oh well.

I am using staffs for the record. So no shield slot sadly. That crating bench thing will help so much if I am understanding correctly

That helps a shit load. Thanks very much!

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Yea I did try the cruel lab a couple of times but again got 1 shot. My resistances are awful so it's probably that.

Can I add those things from the crating bench to any rare item? It doesn't remove/replace? It's just a flat additional stat? If that's the case I am a dumb ass... made some very poor decisions with items! Oh well.

I am using staffs for the record. So no shield slot sadly. That crating bench thing will help so much if I am understanding correctly

That helps a shit load. Thanks very much!

If you go to https://www.pathofexile.com/ -- log in, set your profile to public, you can provide a straight link to your character, gear and passive skill tree. That way we can give more specific advice on what can be improved upon.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
If you go to https://www.pathofexile.com/ -- log in, set your profile to public, you can provide a straight link to your character, gear and passive skill tree. That way we can give more specific advice on what can be improved upon.
Oh didn't know I could do that.

www.pathofexile.com

View Profile - Path of Exile - gypsie

Path of Exile is a free online-only action RPG under development by Grinding Gear Games in New Zealand.

I assume that will work? Lvl 73 not 74 it seems! I'm sure that doesn't make much difference.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Oh didn't know I could do that.

www.pathofexile.com

View Profile - Path of Exile - gypsie

Path of Exile is a free online-only action RPG under development by Grinding Gear Games in New Zealand.

I assume that will work? Lvl 73 not 74 it seems! I'm sure that doesn't make much difference.

If at all possible, I would try to get arc in your 5-link. This would massively boost your damage. But I don't know if rerolling socket colors is possible since you are in SSF. If you have very few chromes I wouldn't risk losing golem compatible sockets.

Last edited:

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
If at all possible, I would try to get arc in your 5-link. This would massively boost your damage. But I don't know if rerolling socket colors is possible since you are in SSF. If you have very few chromes I wouldn't risk losing golem compatible sockets.

Yea I kinda went a bit crazy and spent nearly all of my colour changing orbs and the change number of links orbs on some random piece of gear and It ended up not working out and I spent ermm well rather a lot of them!

I still have some of the colour changers I think just not a a huge amount maybe 20-30? Can't remember exactly. I can maybe try getting the staff all blue I could use added lightning support then which I imagine will be a huge bump

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yea I kinda went a bit crazy and spent nearly all of my colour changing orbs and the change number of links orbs on some random piece of gear and It ended up not working out and I spent ermm well rather a lot of them!

I still have some of the colour changers I think just not a a huge amount maybe 20-30? Can't remember exactly. I can maybe try getting the staff all blue I could use added lightning support then which I imagine will be a huge bump
Don't forget that more quality on an item means more chance of better results from Jewellers orbs and fusings.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017

I imported your character to Path of Building and it seems like your cold and lightning resistances are negative: -16%. You have about 4.2k life+ES total, that should get you started on maps and get you through white maps at least. But you should get lightning and cold resistances both to 75% as quickly as possible. This is what is killing you. Maps can be done with your 4-link so the 5-link can wait.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
I imported your character to Path of Building and it seems like your cold and lightning resistances are negative: -16%. You have about 4.2k life+ES total, that should get you started on maps and get you through white maps at least. But you should get lightning and cold resistances both to 75% as quickly as possible. This is what is killing you. Maps can be done with your 4-link so the 5-link can wait.
Yea the chest armour was the last thing I got before I logged off last night. Haven't had a chance to mess with it yet! I will sort that part later.

When I finish work I'm just going to try and get rings with resistance / enchant gear I already have. My resistances were -1% for those two I thought! Still awful but not quite as bad.

I have been too focused on improving DPS / energy shield that I ignored the resistances. Didnt see to matter really until now

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Yea the chest armour was the last thing I got before I logged off last night. Haven't had a chance to mess with it yet! I will sort that part later.

When I finish work I'm just going to try and get rings with resistance / enchant gear I already have. My resistances were -1% for those two I thought! Still awful but not quite as bad.

I have been too focused on improving DPS / energy shield that I ignored the resistances. Didnt see to matter really until now

It's all good, crafting bench will help a lot. You should have resistance recipes there unlocked.

One last thing, you should get a "guard" skill: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Guard_Skill

Steelskin for example: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Steelskin
With this skill you can absorb damage in dangerous situations. It goes up to 2.2k dmg absorbed so it'd be like 50% extra hp for you.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've been slower to get into higher end maps than I would like. I'm hitting tier 14 or so now after wasting time worrying about being efficient instead of just smashing shit out, but its all good.

My setup is a bit on the odd side, but with Spirit Offering affecting me (which is basically always because I'm using 3 CWDT triggers and Scold's) I sit on around 4.8K life and 2.6K ES. With very minimal investment too. There is much I could improve but things are mostly pretty damn smooth given I have only spent like 40c on the build.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of rerolling to a new character but I'm not sure what. The Purifying flame miner build I started with is fun but it's such a glass cannon and it's becoming more frustrating to play than I would like. I'd like to try a CI/energy shield build for the first time maybe, and I know there are some Herald of Agony options there that should work well, but I think CI builds are generally pretty expensive? I haven't had any luck with decent drops yet.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm doing a CWC Cyclone/VD Witch at the moment. The CWDT setups are CWDT>Unearth>GMP>Volley, CWDT>Wave of Conviction>Spirit Offering, CWDT>Assassin's Mark>Desecrate>Spell Cascade.

I sorta followed a build structure but changed a bit I think would work better. But with Scold's Bridle and Doedre's Malevolence, doing anything basically causes you to trigger all of those CWDT skills. Then you have Cyclone with Cast when channeling Volatile Dead, supported with energy leech. Energy leech with spirit offering make you way more tanky than you would expect given you sorta hurt yourself to trigger everything. Having said that, getting into tier 14+, metamorphs especially or shit bosses like the Lair/Dark Forest guy will absolutely wreck me.

When I finally get Desert Spring map with divine vessel it should make some painful things much more pleasant though.

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of rerolling to a new character but I'm not sure what. The Purifying flame miner build I started with is fun but it's such a glass cannon and it's becoming more frustrating to play than I would like. I'd like to try a CI/energy shield build for the first time maybe, and I know there are some Herald of Agony options there that should work well, but I think CI builds are generally pretty expensive? I haven't had any luck with decent drops yet.

CI builds can be pretty expensive, luckily for you dense fossils are pretty cheap so far in the league, so you can craft pieces you're missing. I recommend investing in block or evasion (if you're thinking on using trickster) as an added defensive layer, also you should strive for a 9.5k ES baseline before making the change to CI.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You can add Resistances to Rare items as long as they have an open Suffix.

Each Rare item can have up to 6 affixes, three prefixes and three suffixes. You can hold down Alt to see these stats on an item but you need to enable Advance item description in the options first.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Although I have had fun with the league and new atlas I'm already burnt out. Tried playing some maps today, and just can't force myself to play.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I am waiting for people to amass enough currencies to start crafting some dope new gear.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
32/32 watchstones finally. 89 hours on this character.
Never been so loaded too, and I didn't go deep in delve yet :

FyMWbk0.png

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I bought a 1 chaos unique chest for a build I was considering (one of the Guardian Herald of Agony builds) last night and got it to 6 link with the right colors in 80 fusings and 5 chromatics. So I guess I'm playing that build.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I tried fossil crafting for the first time and I think I got a bit lucky by crafting spectre boots that would sell for ~3-5ex on market.

I was feeling good until I crafted a red tier metamorph with extra life and double regen. And he might have inherited soul eater from the map boss too. Oops.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
If you are planning on making a bow build make sure you figure out a single target. Was gearing a bow character, and the single target was lacking even on a six link. Still have a couple of different expensive items to buy though. Barrage is probably fine fully geared, but not 100% sure. Another note ice shot is really good right now. The clear is awesome, and it feels really nice to play.
Just take a break
I'm curious, what's your playtime?
Has to be over 100+ hours easily. It was the grind to 32 watchstones that did me in. Kept having to run maps I hated.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ice Shot was always good for clearing but lacked in single target. You generally either used Barrage or Voidflecher for single target.

Galvanic Arrow can be built for single target as well. I like to use it with Lightning Arrow (which has similar strengths and weaknesses to Ic÷ Shot).

If you main skill has enough single target built in (like say Galvanic Arrow) and clears fine then you can use a Ballista set up to aid you in single target. Blast Rain + Artillery Ballistas is really good for this.

The bow changes came out in the wrong challenge league just like the melee changes came out in the wrong league. It's about single target now and while bows can dish out enough single target damage, it's not on the level of summoners, miners traps which is why close to 50% of the playerbase is either a Necromancer or a Saboteur. Maybe if next league is clear speed again people will give the bow builds a second look even though Tornado Shot is still absurdly strong as a bow skill.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Are there any bow builds that are actually tanky/reliable for bossing? I wanna do one but I don't wanna be squishy.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any bow builds that are actually tanky/reliable for bossing? I wanna do one but I don't wanna be squishy.
Toxic Rain or Caustic Arrow Trickster are fairly tanky. As is Scourge Arrow Hyrri's Ire CI Trickster. Elemental Hit bow builds were also fairly tanky before now you need to give up some of the tankyness to have better damage (due to nerfs). Burning Arrow or Explosive Arrow Chieftain/Scion/Elementalist/Champion can be made tanky as well (9k life) but lack in speed.

Raider anything is fairly tanky due to insane evasion and dodge but its RNG based. Raider was a top Delver last league in Softcore. Trickster is less damage and speed but more reliable defense and QoL.

Generally to make a tanky bow build you use a non Ranger class. Like RaizQT made an Explosive Arrow Champion for SSFHC while others have made Chieftain Burning Arrow.

I think the most extreme tanky bow build could be like Raider Explosive Arrow. You can just pump everything into life and get a Kaoms Heart then have enough evasion + dodge with a blind somewhere. That would make it so that most hits would simply just miss and then you would have a big enough life pool to avoid the one shots generally. You generally aren't going to find a lot of these type of builds online because the bow build is generally for people who like glass cannon builds so they go full zoom on bow characters as that is popular. Need to really look around or theory craft your own like RaizQT has done.

Last edited: