• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really starting to consider skipping the league mechanic altogether. I'm literally spending half the time backtracking, it feels horrible. Just like early metamorph before auto pickup.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It kinda sucks. I understand they don't want basically an auto pick up, because a lot of times, delirium lasts almost the entire map or most of it. But if that's the case, you really can't put the thing on a timer because picking up loot shortens your rewards significantly.

Not really sure what the answer is.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Their answer on that was terrible to be honest, and doesn't seem to understand the complaint at all. You either play the league very inefficiently, or you waste time trudging through empty levels picking up loot. Previous leagues have had auto loot in effect during the timed section (Temples, Delve, Synthesis, Blight, Metamorph - ALL had some form of auto loot active). What exactly do they expect us to be doing here?

Why, in a game focussed more than any other on speed and pace, they keep repeating this mistake is beyond me. Their league design goes directly against the flow of their own game?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's also really hard to stay still to loot while a Delirium mechanic is going on. Lots of unseeable shit that can kill you if you stay still. That's pretty much how I have been surviving Delirium encounters, just always be on the move. Which means I have to end up skipping some valuable loot in the process but it's like... I could upgrade this Currency reward a tier or I could just loot whatever I have and cut my losses. There are some interesting micro decisions being made but I don't think it is ultimately healthy for the game. Just pushes a clear speed meta even further.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
The most annoying thing for me about GGG is that they actively are trying to fight speed clear meta (and rightfully so) and say that game should not be played this game, but league after league they are designing them around clear speed.
Out of 9 leagues for last two years only Metamorph, Delve, Betrayal and Bestiary were not about clear speed.
Stop it GGG, nerf speed all around and stop designing leagues around timers.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just having currency and simulacrum splinters vacuum and all drop at the end would be enough for me. It's 90% of what I pick up. The splinters especially are the worst offenders.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Delve was really about speed clear. The difference it makes is night and day between a slow build and a fast one.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The most annoying thing for me about GGG is that they actively are trying to fight speed clear meta (and rightfully so) and say that game should not be played this game, but league after league they are designing them around clear speed.
Out of 9 leagues for last two years only Metamorph, Delve, Betrayal and Bestiary were not about clear speed.
Stop it GGG, nerf speed all around and stop designing leagues around timers.
I mean 4 out of 9 leagues not being about clear speed isn't that bad. That's almost half. I would also say that neither Abyss nor Harbinger are really clear speed focused either, in fact they actively reduce clear speed by forcing players to just stop. Abyss has a fail state technically but it's so abundantly generous that the slowest builds can always full clear Abyss.

I personally do like the occasional clear speed league (Legion is among my favorite leagues) but Delirium has a whole slew of issues. It's both anti and pro clear speed. Insanely tanky mobs put a stomp on clear speed as does ground effects that you can easily trip over when going fast and not careful however it is still a timed encounter which means you have to go fast and kill mobs fast to accumulate higher rewards. Also backtracking for loot in a timed encounter that affects the entire map... Not to mention how borked it is with other league mechanics.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, Delve was really about speed clear. The difference it makes is night and day between a slow build and a fast one.
You can play Delve as fast as you want and thats the point.
Speed is always better in every league, because you can do more content in less time, but most leagues make slow playstyle completely unplayable as you cannot even finish league encounters.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's not? You get the same amount of drops as a slow Nebuloch Juggernaut at higher Delves as you do with a 0EHP full DPS Raider/Deadeye build. The bottleneck is Sulphite so I guess you could make the claim that you can farm up Sulphite much faster with a fast build and thus can Delve more but most people purchase Sulphite Scarabs anyway if they want to Delve. But then you can make the claim that every league is "clear speed" league because if you can trigger the league as often as possible you can get more rewards for time invested (ie. speed running Metamorphs in white maps).

Also not talking about Delve darkness farming, that's an entire separate thing altogether.

I think when people mean when they say "clear speed league" it's when there is a timed mechanic and you get more/less rewards depending on your speed. So Breach/Legion/Incursion/Synthesis all are very firmly clear speed leagues because you get less rewards if you are slow. Incursion is probably one of the most egregious because you can't even advance/upgrade your temple if you aren't able to clear the room fast enough.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Delve is like 50/50 clear speed and not. The mine itself doesn't really benefit from clear speed, but having big clear speed means more sulphite dropped from chaining maps *technically*. It's the best mechanic by far.
Imo betrayal is very good too, it's close to perfection if they made it a bit less obtuse and fixed the performance and cheap one shots.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Probably the #1 thing they should change in PoE2 is removal of instant log out. Probably the biggest limiting factor in the game from a design point of view.

This way they can accomplish 3 things:

*Make monsters tankier and faster/more aggressive but deal less damage. This balances out to monsters being more threatening as they last longer and hit more often but limits one shot mechanics.

*Give out more EHP/defenses to characters. You can still get swarmed and die to the thousand of mechanics in the game but this limits one shots from like a white rat in maps. Also makes it so that the log out macro is less mandatory. In addition with the higher enemy HPs, there is a choice trade off to make as opposed to previously where you just tried to get as much life/ES as possible and then put the essential nodes into damage.

There are other issues they have to figure out though:

*General clutter. Hard to make skillful plays and avoid monster mechanics when the screen is just filled with shit. So the best defense is to simply blow up the screen so you don't have to deal with it. Nerfing mob density is widely unpopular but visual effects can be cleaned up and telegraphed much better. Wolcen has very telegraphed strong attacks.

*Flasks and on kill effects are major things they need to solve. Vaal skills generally feel pretty good to use for clutch moments like VMS and Vaal Grace. I don't have a good idea to fix these except to just make them like Vaal skills where they can gain charges on bosses and dont gain charges while active but they last longer and have stronger effects on use. Pathfinder can have faster flask gain prevention timers or something so it can have almost permanent uptime which would make PF more appealing as it would be the only class to have near permanent uptime on flasks while mapping (but not 100% uptime).

*In a slower game leech and on hit insta leech is going to be an issue too. Pretty much what makes over leech not broken are 1-2 shot mechanics. I also think that life gain on hit insta leech doesn't really have a place in the game anymore and is only in the game right now due to 1 shot mechanics.

Also when I say one shot mechanics I mean stuff that is unreachable/unseeable coming from a source that isnt usually high damaging. Shaper slam should one shot you same for the Sirus meteor attack or Minotaur slam or Volatile Blood. So basically the bull shit kind.

Last edited:

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
still don't know how to feel about the delirium mods applying to entire packs over individual monsters.

On one hand it'll probably be easier to see where all the vomit is coming from, on the other I picture delirium mobs becoming a lot more spikey in damage as you'll run into deliriums with some seriously bad packs for you. As well as the opposite situation where they are minor road bumps.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Mathil is doing a Hollow Palm Technique build, I'm not gonna play but I will definitely watch

The jewel is between 1 and 2 exa now, let's see how it goes

I'm probably gonna stop playing, here in Italy they are setting up special units to face the COVID crisis and I wanna be up to date in case I decide to enrol. The league is shit anyway atm and the only things I like (cluster jewel) are here to stay

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Mathil is doing a Hollow Palm Technique build, I'm not gonna play but I will definitely watch

The jewel is between 1 and 2 exa now, let's see how it goes

I'm probably gonna stop playing, here in Italy they are setting up special units to face the COVID crisis and I wanna be up to date in case I decide to enrol. The league is shit anyway atm and the only things I like (cluster jewel) are here to stay
I have my ideas for a Hollow Palm build but I feel it's just going to be yet another Impale Cyclone build. Kinda wish Earthquake ot Ground Slam were unarmed so at least you could make a hard hitting stun or bleed build.

I see Mathil might be going for Frenzy which is just big yikes to me..

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
The thing that really annoys me is that GGG stealth nerfs things, and aren't clear on league mechanics right before league launch. Went bleed explosions thinking it would scale well in juiced red maps. Turns out monster health scaling isn't a thing, and it's dmg reduction. Just super annoying when they do things like this. Should be 100% clear on how the mechanics of the league actually work before league launch.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ran like 8 maps right now around mid Yellow tiers.

Delirium is MUCH MUCH easier, both in terms of incoming damage and monster HP.

However, the bug where Delirium monsters don't spawn as much deep into the fog still seems to persist for me at least.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
I have a Hollow Palm jewel and a basic plan for my character but I won't be ready to make the character for awhile. Kind of want to see how far I can take a wand build first as well.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
delirium is seriously nerfed now

That's what people wanted I guess.

Personally I was confident I would be able to eventually run them safely buuuut I'm a minion build so I'm kind of an exception to the rule. I'm sure there are plenty of builds that were not being able to do it.

Instead of nerfs they could have fixed it with more QoL changes but eh, I guess this is easier.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Delirious Orb maps are now very fun and rewarding. 1-2 are great, beyond that it's still tough as it should be.

You will still die if you sleep on Delirium. However no longer do you have to deal with insanely tanky mobs. I also killed my first Delirium boss. I can now actually leech off of mobs and make use of my on kill explosions.

Now we wait for the QoL stuff (timer on league stuff), difficulty tier and maybe some retiering of rewards. I still get the bug where Delirium monsters stop spawning towards the end of the fog which limits me from getting the tier 6-7 rewards sometimes.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Not really feeling the league. Tried to grind some high tier red maps, and got bored pretty quickly. Think I'll wait it out to see what builds people figure out for archmage. Honestly might be time for me to do serious practice on speed leveling, and trying to get that 3:30 Act 10 kitava. Have enjoyed speed leveling quite a bit the last couple of leagues, and want to try and place top 10 in a community race this year.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Well I have been having more fun since the patch, been able to full clear Delirium now with higher tier rewards. Just waiting on the timer increase and other QoL changes. I have managed to finish crafting my cluster jewel set up, much easier than expected although my Large cluster could be better (might craft another on the side, these things are very cheap to craft compared to buying them on the market). Have unlocked Sirus fight but too chicken shit to do it right now before I even have a proper 6 link, an Elder/Hunter bow with the bleed mods and Ryslatha's Coil. Haven't even done final Ascendancy yet but that should be quite easy for me right now.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
Been abusing low tier delirium maps with 1-4 orbs with good results, couple ex, tons of breachstones, blighted maps, and a fated connections for a slow grinder like me in just 3 hours.

I don't care to make them rare due to the rewards not scalng for the juice being given. Plain map (you can do magic) with sextants are juicy and easy if you dont mind low tier farming. If you go rare or high the scaling will hit you nasty this league feels like one of the worst ones in recent memory. I might change but like blighted maps had no problem using manually crafted magic maps and teal oils vs rare and crimson. Had a group of poe friends test it with me but scaling rewards sucks and should be called out. You don't really get that much more for the difficulty ramp. Anyway you slice it we get robbed for risking and doing better. Even sysnthesis had real rewards for me when you did it right and I liked it before they hit how many affixes on the map you could have.

First few days were painful but last night things started gelling better with the new patch. On 2nd clone character with plenty of money to spare. This gonna be a good season if I just regular grind, which I love and have every intention of doing.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Poet pen really feels bad with the "skill is triggered at the END of your attacks". For some reason if you are moving after attacking the whole thing won't go off so you are forced to stand still for 1-2 seconds each wand attack to see the triggering.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Wow didn't realize they already deployed the patch, gunna give it a try. Maybe ED builds aren't dead after all(in delirium) if they start nerfing the HP. Even with shit gear I was able to survive jumping from T6 to T13 (did it to get the top tier life craft). My problem was that (even in low tier maps) the DPS just wasn't there to clear anything in time, if you push out into the fog. Just insane monster tankiness that I really hope is gone

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ED wasn't shit to start with, I could clear delirium up to 5 rewards easily in T16, 6 rewards was a bit harder to push but not out of reach.
Now I can easily clear 6 rewards as long as the layout isn't trash. Btw they said shit layouts would be better but that turned out to be a lie. Maps like sunken city are absolute shit for the league.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Finally started after missing xbox launch yesterday.

Planning on playing Doryani's Touch Raider (tried stormbind in standard and wasn't really feeling it) with nothing too special going on outside of it being buffed.

I'm gonna use that non crit hits with lightning damage is lucky cluster jewel for some big shock consistency since i'm already at 100% chance to shock with like 85% shock effect.

I have no idea how to calculate shock (especially since the ailment changes) so i just set it to 15% in pob lol

Wanna mess around with lone messenger but that isn't in PoB yet.

Back to leveling i go.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I should make a Doryani's Touch build some day as well. A lot more options to build around it now with the new jewel clusters, Stormfire for big ignites, Inpulsa's for explosions etc.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Massive buffs to delirium rewards (2nd & 3rd bar activated on reaching rank 3 & rank 5 AND less chance of getting the generic reward types), along with nerfs to delirium difficulty, and extended delirium time for past league content.

www.pathofexile.com

Announcements - What We're Working On - Forum - Path of Exile

Path of Exile is a free online-only action RPG under development by Grinding Gear Games in New Zealand.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of good changes. Now they just need to figure out/plan out something about the mist working better with certain map layouts.

Next week Delirium might be out of beta.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The weirdest thing is they said they were ahead of schedule on delirium. Cluster jewels work perfectly so maybe they just tested this well, it doesn't take a ton of testing from a few experimented people to figure out it doesn't feel good.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
The weirdest thing is they said they were ahead of schedule on delirium. Cluster jewels work perfectly so maybe they just tested this well, it doesn't take a ton of testing from a few experimented people to figure out it doesn't feel good.
Even if they were on schedule all it takes is to miss a couple of key details, and you are right back to being behind. Seems like that was the case here.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
These changes now make the meta about clear speed and huge coverage. I expect HH/Inspired learning prices to go up, maybe Delirium orbs as well.

The returns are going to be insane.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'd rather have doable encounters with the downside of clownshoes HH builds than encounters only the smallest fraction of builds can cope with, tbh.

They need to delete the headhunter from the game at this point. Trying to balance around it fucks everything up.

-signed, person who has 3 HHs in standard from leagues who stopped playing every time he got a HH because it's a bad fucking item that makes the game worse.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair they did nerf HH this league. They did it in a smart way, you need to invest much higher to achieve the same level of power with it. That's not going to stop the juiced up party play shenanigans though.. I mean just look at Empyrean's stream these days. Not sure how GGG ever fixes that.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I can think of a few characters in a line of code that might help. Don't know what language they're using, but it could even look like this: "//"

:P

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Someone post when the patch is live while I do some chores.

And this clip is PERFECTION:

clips.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Also Temple and Vaal areas feel really good in this patch. Dangerous but rewarding and juicy.

Last edited: