• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stormbind looks cool visually. I'd watched his previous video on its weird mechanical interactions. I wonder will it get patched if it gets popular.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Had a really nice delirium map (1 orb) that gave me a Secrets of Suffering unique cluster jewel, The Gull (always wanted to try this, but I'm in SSF so I've never gotten a drop before now), a rare upgrade for my boots, AND gave me a Burial Chamber map so I can start trying to get Incantation cards for my Whispering Ice. After doing maybe 3-4 maps, I've only gotten 1 Incantation card - I remember them dropping like candy (not uncommon to get multiples in a single map) so either I'm having a bad luck streak or they dropped the rate.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had a really nice delirium map (1 orb) that gave me a Secrets of Suffering unique cluster jewel, The Gull (always wanted to try this, but I'm in SSF so I've never gotten a drop before now), a rare upgrade for my boots, AND gave me a Burial Chamber map so I can start trying to get Incantation cards for my Whispering Ice. After doing maybe 3-4 maps, I've only gotten 1 Incantation card - I remember them dropping like candy (not uncommon to get multiples in a single map) so either I'm having a bad luck streak or they dropped the rate.
I got 25 incantations when running a juiced up 5 delirium orbs (2 of which were div cards rewards) + gilded divination scarab tier 7 BC

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I got 25 incantations when running a juiced up 5 delirium orbs (2 of which were div cards rewards) + gilded divination scarab tier 7 BC

Sounds like I just got unlucky then. Good to hear.

Getting Whispering Ice would put me in the low 900s for Int which is a little less damage than my LV19 Firestorm per hit, but I've got a few hundred Jeweler's Orbs so it shouldn't be hard to get it up to 6 sockets for a 7-link Icestorm (compared to my 5-link Firestorm). Plus the extra Int will help my ES & mana & the chilling ground will help with survivability as well.

Oh and for anyone who hasn't tried The Gull before, it's a lot of fun. Gives you a random 30-sec mini-shrine buff every 20 seconds and boosts the power & duration of regular shrines as well. The boosted AR,EV,ES buff seems to be the most common. Only downside is you have to click on the mini-shrines when they appear which can be difficult in the middle of a fierce battle.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like in next patch GGG might either nerf the broken jewel notables or make them not stackable. You can get some insane curse effect stacking, aura effect stacking, Heralds stacking or just straight up % damage stacking through War Cry.

I would be fine with them not being stackable as it's not like you can stack regular nodes and Annointed nodes either. Would also make people use other nodes as well instead of double Fettle or double %mana as ES or double flat ES. I will miss my 10% faster ailment stacking but I will take that hit for the greater good.

However for peak stacking you need like 3 Voices unique cluster jewel. Apparently there does exist a version with only 1 small node.. which costs 200 EX. 3 small node one costs 30EX. These are required for the degenerate stacking. As it allows you to get 9 of the same notables.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I think I know what's happened to the appearance rate of masters in maps. I think the metamorph and blight masters are appearing instead of them. I've run 30+ maps this morning, and haven't seen a single normal master. But I have seen both Cassia and Tarn WAY more than 10% of the time. It almost feels odd if they aren't present at thee moment.

Also, the fact they reintroduced the eyeballs dropping bug is frustrating as heck!

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Ended up rolling another char, since animated weapon kind of sucks. Moved to hollow palm. Started out as a frenzy/smite/blow raider, but smite had the best clearing/single target while leveling up. Switched to cyclone because fuck mashing a bunch of different buttons lol.

Gotta sort out my tree, sorta mixing the raider and uhh, I think champ ones.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I took down A6 Sirus and only used 2 portals, didn't realize I was on the last phase and forgot to reactivate my auras after first death, so it could have been much cleaner.

I want to try a tanky hollow palm cyclone build next, I think. I am back at 13 ex in c+ex after spending everything 2 days ago, so I can probably afford a decent setup. I'll keep going with my current character for a bit longer, but further upgrades require grinding (awakened gems) so I'm peaked for a while.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think I know what's happened to the appearance rate of masters in maps. I think the metamorph and blight masters are appearing instead of them. I've run 30+ maps this morning, and haven't seen a single normal master. But I have seen both Cassia and Tarn WAY more than 10% of the time. It almost feels odd if they aren't present at thee moment.

Also, the fact they reintroduced the eyeballs dropping bug is frustrating as heck!
I thought Cassia and Metamorph aren't supposed to count against the master missions. They are supposed to be in same category of 10% as Breach, Legion, Abyss etc.

If so that will explain why there are issues with this, they are overriding normal Master missions. I guess something like this was bound to happen when you had so many instances of random occurrences and they forget to check what overrides what.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had any of the masters show up in my maps other than Cassia and Tane so far. So that would make sense to me.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Its going to be very difficult to complete the Betrayal bench challenge if you dont actually get any Jun besides the daily and the endmap one.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Also Jun is bad for Delirium (I find it mostly just slows you down, causes bugs, and it's hard to take advantage of the REsearch because usually another Betrayal encounter will have spawned) so there's a sort of cost to running Betrayal missions as well.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Level 73 now. Just reached the map portion. Got an exalted orb which I guess is pretty lucky. Should I hold on to it? Do they go up in price? Or should I sell for 125 chaos now?

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Also Jun is bad for Delirium (I find it mostly just slows you down, causes bugs, and it's hard to take advantage of the REsearch because usually another Betrayal encounter will have spawned) so there's a sort of cost to running Betrayal missions as well.
And the Delirium mobs totally wreck the evidence during Research encounters lol.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Level 73 now. Just reached the map portion. Got an exalted orb which I guess is pretty lucky. Should I hold on to it? Do they go up in price? Or should I sell for 125 chaos now?
Exalted orbs peak out at around 170-180C, its expected to go up in price a bit if you are patient though it make take a couple of weeks. I would instead recommend selling the Exalt and buying cheaper but solid gear to deck your character. You can get solid pieces for 10-20C each slot including a 6 link and full cap your resistances/meet attribute requirements.

In other news, a week and a half into the league and this is the most "balanced league" in terms of class diversity at the top. Trickster eeking out a few % points with the next 6 classes tied at 9-10%. Normally I consider Trickster to be a very balanced class in terms of offense, speed and defense, generally when there is no clear over powered class players tend to pick Trickster for the easier league starting options. There was a time where Trickster was stronger though and was a bit over powered with better Ghost Shrouds but now its in a good state.

Last edited:

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys have a witch levelling starter pack laying around? Today is a shit day, Manu Dibango, one of my favourite artists just died of COVID, and that shit is spreading in my home country, we are not prepared, I'm talking about a country that wasn't able to deal with stuff like cholera, malaria, AIDS........ and I sent an old man to the hospital while his wife was saying "there never come back from there alive" that moment was heartbreaking. I may also be positive but that will be a good thing, I will stay at home and not part of one of the too many confused Italian and useless task force
Sorry if I break the mood

Also, I heard that there's a free loot box

I will try to eat something and play a little bit tonight

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys have a witch levelling starter pack laying around? Today is a shit day, Manu Dibango, one of my favourite artists just died of COVID, and that shit is spreading in my home country, we are not prepared, I'm talking about a country that wasn't able to deal with stuff like cholera, malaria, AIDS........ and I sent an old man to the hospital while his wife was saying "there never come back from there alive" that moment was heartbreaking. I may also be positive but that will be a good thing, I will stay at home and not part of one of the too many confused Italian and useless task force
Sorry if I break the mood

Also, I heard that there's a free loot box

I will try to eat something and play a little bit tonight
Stay safe man.

Here's TyTy's Witcher Vortex starter, Act 10 with all skill points and Ascendancies in under 4 hours. Though by now you will probably have leveling gear to do this faster.

youtu.be

3:44 Vortex Run - A10 Kitava, Merc Lab, All skills points done

Not making a guide cause i just changed Zizaran/Steel's tree, follow the guide here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dkMwXt6OTgLevel 66 PoB after a10 - htt...

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Stay safe man.

Here's TyTy's Witcher Vortex starter, Act 10 with all skill points and Ascendancies in under 4 hours. Though by now you will probably have leveling gear to do this faster.

youtu.be

3:44 Vortex Run - A10 Kitava, Merc Lab, All skills points done

Not making a guide cause i just changed Zizaran/Steel's tree, follow the guide here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dkMwXt6OTgLevel 66 PoB after a10 - htt...

Ty exile with cool glasses

I will try to finally do Mathil's Con Path Voidforge GolemElementalis

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
More importantly it seems like you can finally access Atlas missions from Zana machine.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Going to try and make a much tankier build. Can't really play ice shot on this laptop. The internet at work is spotty, and with the lag spikes it's impossible not to die. Will most likely have to grind yellows to level with this char.
More importantly it seems like you can finally access Atlas missions from Zana machine.
That's the big one I'm waiting for.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Bow characters are desperately in need of another defensive layer. Every other archetype has had a massive boost in survivability.

To be a tanky bow character these day you basically:

*Go Iron Reflexes with Fortify Champion.

*Play Pathfinder and stack some OP defensive flasks ... which again leads to Iron Reflexes Molten Shell shenanigans.

*Go Raider and go full avoidance, gamble on not getting hit.

*Play a DoT bow build and use Trickster.

*Kaoms Heart with overleech mechanic (like older Elemental Hit builds).

You shouldn't have to play Iron Reflexes to be a defensive bow character or use Kaoms Heart with Overleech. Just like they have given mitigation guard skills to Armor characters, Mana characters, block characters and ES characters... they should also give something that benefits you for taking Evasion defensively. Currently the best defensive bonus that Evasion provides is to Trickster which converts into ES on chest and fatter Ghost Shrouds. Shocking something similar isnt available on any of the Ranger ascendancies.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize Bridge farming was a thing again. They left it in the entirety of Betrayal and iirc they said they were okay with stuff like that.
In this case it was a case of non maps zones rewarding higher tiers of rewards easier than maps which didn't make sense. Now it is normalized.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure that fix is correct. Even on maps where you can run the entire thing in a straight line, getting a reward level above 5 is practically impossible. The fact that the reward speed drops so massively once you hit tier 3 was never in the patch notes or intended, yet is blatantly obvious as soon as you start running a map.

Ever since the additional rewards patch it has been much, much harder to get a high reward level from a map. The issue isn't that harbour bridge gives too many rewards, the issue is that rewards on maps have been bugged for a week now.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The rewards fucking suck. Risk vs reward doesn't work when the risk scales a lot but rewards scale less and less the deeper you go. It's fucking nonsense.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
At this point the best course of action is clicking the fast forward button after you get 4-5 rewards

Yeah that's what I've been doing. Go for 4 rewards, keep going if possible but if I'd have to do anything risky or push extra hard I'll just end the delirium at that point.
4+2 or 5+3+1 rewards is a decent middle ground IMO.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that's what I've been doing. Go for 4 rewards, keep going if possible but if I'd have to do anything risky or push extra hard I'll just end the delirium at that point.
4+2 or 5+3+1 rewards is a decent middle ground IMO.
Its not the middle ground for me, it is the absolute cap I am reaching in maps, even in white ones. The max delirium level since the last week update is 5+3+1. You can easily reach 8 6 4 2(?) in harbour bridge, until GGG nerf that tomorrow.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its not the middle ground for me, it is the absolute cap I am reaching in maps, even in white ones. The max delirium level since the last week update is 5+3+1. You can easily reach 8 6 4 2(?) in harbour bridge, until GGG nerf that tomorrow.
You weren't kidding, I just tried 2 bridges and reached 7 or 8 on the first
No wonder ex prices skyrocketed, people must be rolling in chaos doing this dumb shit
It's far from the first time it's happening too <_<

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
It's only me or some notable can only be in a specific size of cluster jewels? (I can only find Self-Fulfilling Prophecy in a medium size for example) If so is there a list somewhere.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's only me or some notable can only be in a specific size of cluster jewels? (I can only find Self-Fulfilling Prophecy in a medium size for example) If so is there a list somewhere.
No list. What notables you can get is dictated by the size and the enchantment you get. No witnesses for instance is small cluster with 1% attack dodge enchant.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Notables aren't affected by iLvl afaik.
It's only the small passive bonus stats and getting 2 jewel sockets for large clusters.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Finally got a Whispering Ice for my SSF Whispering Ice build and things already feel much better. Just over 1k Int. More average damage per hit than my Firestorm was doing with about 50% more duration + chilling ground + I had room for the ES leech support so it has better recovery. I tried the Archmage support and it resulted in a big jump in damage but I need to improve my mana recovery a tad before I can maintain it (or craft a better mana flask). Close though.

Took it on a test run on a tier 1 map (which I needed to do anyway for the pantheon flask bonus) and it cleared things quickly, including the boss while delirium was still active. Got a lot of catalysts & delirium fragments. :)

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Cute Dog SALIVATING at the juicing potential.

Note: This is 100% confirmed to be getting nerfed next league btw. Just because of nodes like Purposeful Harbinger we might not be able to stack same nodes in the future.

This latest patch is going to further increase HH/Inspired Learning Prices. I dont know if its possible for these Voices cluster jewels to be any more expensive, the 1 node one is more expensive than a mirror. HH at 130 EX and trending upwards.

Edit: As of yesterday, Solsticr Vigil has jacked up in price over 10 Exalts. Voices continue to climb as well. Seems like people are ready to exploit this as soon as the patch hits.

How can you exploit this? Very easy. Start craft Medium cluster jewels with Purposeful Harbinger, Jewel socket and Heraldy/Endbringer that are 4-5 sockets on an Aura effect base. These are going for 250C to 300C right now and they are trivially easy to craft. Probably get ahead of them before they are flooded in the economy.

Last edited:

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
How can you exploit this? Very easy. Start craft Medium cluster jewels with Purposeful Harbinger, Jewel socket and Heraldy/Endbringer that are 4-5 sockets on an Aura effect base. These are going for 250C to 300C right now and they are trivially easy to craft. Probably get ahead of them before they are flooded in the economy.

If the google doc I'm looking at is accurate, you can't get Heraldry/Endbringer on an Aura effect base, only on one of the 2 herald bases. You can get Purposeful Harbinger on the aura base though (as well as the herald bases).

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm enjoying my Arakaali necromancer but man I die a lot. I wonder if I should try a Guardian instead.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
actual patch notes up. Simulacrum splinters dropping as a stack at the end of an encounter is a thing which is good.
Legit might get me to give a second chance to the league
Did my 2 simulacrums today, first one got 2 exalts (!) + empower 4 card (dragon thing?) and second one mostly trash, still it saved my ass after blowing ALL of my money on trying to make a -9% chaos resistance hat, the weighing is absolute shit and the price of resonators is fucking ridiculous