• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
They can't remove HH. There are no other chase uniques. You can't remove the only real chase unique left in the game. It's the same reason they can't change it's interaction either. Until they figure out some other chase uniques it's going to be in the game as is. That's on GGG. Haven't made a chase unique like that in ages so this is the outcome. Had there been three or four different chase uniques you could nerf or even delete HH.

A Voices cluster jewel with only 1 wasted passive slot sells more in Delirium than Headhunter does.

But honestly, I don't see why the game needs chase uniques that sell for over 100 exalts by default. I see nothing wrong with having the big ticket items be stuff like Atziri's Reflection & having the crazy expensive stuff be limited to stuff that requires more work/RNG like crazy crafted items, a valuable unique with the perfect double corruption, or well-rolled uniques with a lot of RNG (like 3-mod Watcher's Eye or a perfect Eye of the Greatwolf).

And yes, many of the game's probably disappear if you just play SSF. No need to deal with trade, most broken interactions aren't happening in SSF since it would require way too much time to farm all the items involved, etc.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
The funny thing about HH is that less then 1% of the player base has probably ever used one, and if GGG changes it they will get the most hate they have received on a change in a long while. It's a problem of their own design. Have completely boxed themselves into a corner with HH.
A Voices cluster jewel with only 1 wasted passive slot sells more in Delirium than Headhunter does.

But honestly, I don't see why the game needs chase uniques that sell for over 100 exalts by default. I see nothing wrong with having the big ticket items be stuff like Atziri's Reflection & having the crazy expensive stuff be limited to stuff that requires more work/RNG like crazy crafted items, a valuable unique with the perfect double corruption, or well-rolled uniques with a lot of RNG (like 3-mod Watcher's Eye or a perfect Eye of the Greatwolf).

And yes, many of the game's probably disappear if you just play SSF. No need to deal with trade, most broken interactions aren't happening in SSF since it would require way too much time to farm all the items involved, etc.
Voice cluster is only going to be stupid expensive this league due to a broken mechanic that is going to be nerfed. Once it's nerfed it's right back to a singular chase unique. HH has been the defacto chase item in PoE since the mob density increased/speed increase. The developers have gone on record about their views on chase uniques. They want them in the game, and have talked about them previously. Chris has talked about adding more, and they have up to this point failed on that end.

That's why they are completely stuck with HH. It's a loot based game and they feel like fundamentally there should be a handful of items that players chase after like HH. The only thing that competes with a HH is a crazy 3 stat watcher's eye, but there aren't a ton of those in an entire league.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
3 jewel slots for 7 passive points would be a chase item (if hard to acquire) in general, even without a super broken build that uses them. It's the kind of thing that just about any efficient build can take advantage of.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
I think that the higher-up who likes red on red and grey on grey colour also likes the HH
Neon doesn't like it, so maybe there's a chance that it will become a legacy item in POE 2

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
There are still chase items in the game. I don't know where this notion comes from that the game is lacking in chase items. I can think of like 10 off the top of my head.

*Savior. 30 EX item, best in slot for many melee builds.

*Solstice Vigil, 20 EX amulet build enabling/changing. Kinda tied to HH though so it rises and lowers in price in relation to HH.

*The Delve rings. Insane prices for like a full Frenzy ring. Aul amulets are chase powerhouse items too.

*Triple Watcher Eye nods. Worth more than a HH for specific perfect ones.

*Voices jewel cluster. The top one is more expensive than a HH.

*Inspired Learning... HH on a jewel so even if you want the HH juiced up effect you can use this on a "budget" (for the record I think Inspired Learning mechanic is busted too).

*Triple implicit Synthesis Herald rings. Bottled Faith is a 15+ Ex flask.

*High Templar gloves with 4+ corruptions.

*Badge of the Brotherhood, normally a 10+ EX amulet that is very powerful and build enabling.

*Atziri's Reflection, 20 EX shield.

*Eternity Shroud. Not just the item itself which costs over 10 EX but the whole build set up which requires Shaper influenced items. Some of the most expensive and chase build in the game.

*Awakened Multistrike support gem. 40 EX for a level 1 version... probably 50+ EX for 6/23 double corrupted one. I would say Cast on Crit and Chain awakened version are also huge chase items as they are such a massive boost to thr build and worth 20+ EX.

*Specific unique helmets with specific Uber Uber enchant. Last league Baron helmet with specific Summoner mod was going for a ton of Exalts. The item also influenced the prices of Emchanted fossils and trash to treasure prophecies.

*Perfect Timeless jewels but these are "priceless". Their power levels are insane if you get a godly one but of course they can't reliably be traded so their value is shrouded (Cutedog often pays dozens of Exalts for a good Glorious Vanity %curse effect jewel).

And of course many items gain even further value with corruptions.

Let's not forget that there are Rare items that are more powerful than any of these items. Stuff like Crusader explosive chest + Hunter crit mod + Hunter life % and Hunter + 1 curse... that's worth well above a Mirror and a HH. And much harder to make as well so you are going to see less of these than a HH in a league (well original copies, mirrors generate more copies obviously).

Last league, Empyrean's Zombiemancer Baron build cost over 1200 Exalts. It didn't use a HH. Now granted he did us those Labyrinth jewels which are like 100 Exalts each (because one person controls supply and thus the price) but even taking out those, it was a thousand Exalts build. I expect this leagues juiced up Herald HH builds to surpass though once they start using stuff like triple one node Voices clusters. And a 1 node Voice cluster jewel is busted no matter what meta it is because the Medium/Small cluster jewels are OP (the large ones aren't though they do have some decent utility stuff in them). These will always be expensive.

Also GGG themselves don't really like HH and have attempted to nerf it in numerous ways. In this league it received heavy nerfs (changes to Solstice Vigil/Temp chains) but they were all overridden by a new mechanic that does HH juicing way more efficiently. So next league they will be nerfing HH again.

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
How many times did you legitimately obtain hh (ie not through trade) and how long have you been playing.
I have 4k hours (started not long after the initial release), I've never tried to legitimately obtain it because I don't particularly enjoy that kind of grind. I'm not talking about its rarity or impact on economy, I don't agree with the mechanics and design philosophy.

Not sure what these questions have to do with the point I'm making.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Also Baron's got gutted this league. A case could have been made that they could have just jacked up its rarity and made it into a chase unique. Same for Shaper's Touch, if it was rarer than a Starforge that would have been a chase item too. However GGG has stated that they don't like making build enabling/creating uniques to be that hard to acquire... they would rather make the blatantly powerful uniques more rare or hard to acquire (like say a Skyforths when CI was meta). Thing is that people have started making "HH builds" or Inspired Learning builds. So that runs a bit counter to their philosophy. Not every build can use these items efficiently, some builds use them way better than others which has resulted in straight up "HH builds".

And in this league HH builds are meta for a trade economy. Mostly because they will be the one efficiently farming Simulacrums and 100% Delirious T16 maps (if the PCs can handle it). And once that is set up will you see even more HHs in the economy because of Burial Chamber farming (Empyrean's group farmed up a full HH from BC in a day through raw Doctor cards) or Tower map farming.

Last edited:

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
How many times did you legitimately obtain hh (ie not through trade) and how long have you been playing.
I've farmed a HH without trade in one league by shaping my atlas for spider forest. I have 5 in my standard stash. Every league I've gotten the item has ended for me shortly after because it is not fun for very long.

Can I complain about a bad item now?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I've farmed a HH without trade in one league by shaping my atlas for spider forest. I have 5 in my standard stash. Every league I've gotten the item has ended for me shortly after because it is not fun for very long.

3PRY7B1.gif

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The game isn't balanced or designed around SSF so it's weird to say that the item is only a problem in trade league. PoE is designed with trade in mind from the start, item drop rates and power level are balanced around the fact that many people are playing it and you can trade for items. This is why there are items that you have never seen dropped despite playing for 4k+ hours.

With that said, HH is a potential problem in a competitive SSF environment too. Like say there is money on the line race to 100 on SSF. Someone who is competitive gets a lucky HH drop from a league box and suddenly they skyrocket in front of everyone due to speed and ability to roll more difficult mods on maps/beef up maps more. GGG wants lvl100 to be difficult to achieve and HH makes that easier as well.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Every league I've gotten the item has ended for me shortly after because it is not fun for very long.

This is why I never chase it anymore, once you get it it kind of kills the league for you.

Chase stuff like Aul's Uprising for Pride or Zealotry, triple watcher's eyes, etc. are way better because they don't enable ne plus ultra , but make strong builds that still have tradeoffs incrementally stronger.

The real argument behind dumpstering headhunter is that at least once a year there's a league where the player behavior for the league specific items gets completely jacked by it. Legion emblems, now simulacrums, it gets to the point where selling the league content to others is way higher EV than than running it yourself.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, rather than create new chase uniques if GGG wanted to make them more valuable they could go and adjust the 99% of uniques that drop that are utterly worthless. The fact that so, so many items are not worth even picking up to identify is a real issue in their itemisation design. Uniques should be more than an alchemy source.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The games core itemisation is solid enough but bloat totally ruins it. 90% of stuff not even been worth picking up (or even seeing) just feels stupid.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, rather than create new chase uniques if GGG wanted to make them more valuable they could go and adjust the 99% of uniques that drop that are utterly worthless. The fact that so, so many items are not worth even picking up to identify is a real issue in their itemisation design. Uniques should be more than an alchemy source.
Part of the new league hype is the shiny new uniques. That said that one update where they went back and buffed a bunch of bad uniques was among my favorite ones. Quite a few of them ended up being a lot more played.

But yeah the itemization in PoE has reached an over bloat and GGG are aware of it. It doesn't help that every new league comes with it's own currency/trinket item that further adds to the bloat.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Cards as well. What started off as a nice way of working towards certain things is just so overwhelming now. There are far, far too many cards and so many of them give utterly pointless rewards.

generally, PoE works on the principle that everything is best when turned up to 11, and every league adds more in without ever removing. I do honestly think it's a big flaw n the games design. So much could be taken out of PoE and it would be a better game for it.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Hopefully clutter will be cleaned up in PoE2. But most importantly I hope they find a way to slow the game down a little in terms of encouraging everyone to be clear speed demons. Metamorph was my favorite league yet, love that kind of content. Even legion, which was kind of a mix between clearing abilities and boss killing. It was just a little too focused on one click screen clearing but that could be fixed as well.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
White items should literally not drop after act 1. Blue items should not drop after act 3. If they consolidated all of the shit drops into even 3% of the total drop rate but more likely to be useful, that would be a huge improvement.

There is so much goddamn garbage that drops that the game is unplayable without a loot filter.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I definitely do not need 5 different Headhunter cards. But many of the Div cards are designed by supporters who paid a lot of money for it so its going to feel bad if they remove it. I don't even know how you fix this personally.

Stuff I would have it so that it never drops:

*Flasks. After a certain point, all the white flasks should be able to be purchasable from vendors (like the Stibnite/Jade flasks). There is 0 reason for these to be dropping in maps. They can slightly increase rate of Glassblower drops to compensate for those people who like to pick up 20% quality flasks for a Glassblower.

*Dramatically lower the type of weapons and armors there are. It's tougher for armor because you need one for each type of stat (armor/evasion/ES then hybrids so 6 T1 basedsfor each slot and then the Atlas bases). I definitely don't need there to be like 4 different types of Rapiers/Foils though. I honestly think that basic white and magic items shouldn't be dropping in the game, if you want specific white bases you should be able to just buy them from vendors for cheap (like a Transmute). The Atlas/desirable bases should be drop only of course. Would also cut back on people putting white items on their loot filters that they need for Chancing or other use. Of course vendors would need to upgrade with Atlas or character progression so that they start selling high item level whites and those should be a bit more expensive.

*Remove all the currency shards (except the top tier ones like Exalted and Mirror shards). I definitely do not need there to be a Transmute shard dropping out in the wild. Hell I don't even need there to be a Chaos shard dropping in the wild. Selling items shouldn't give you shards either. 1 unique = 1 Alch, 1 rare unid item = 1 transmute, 1 rare id item with no special stats = 1 alteration, 1 rare id item with a special stat = 1 alteration 1 alch or 2 alterations. I also think Blacksmiths and Armorsmiths have no real place in the game as drops... just have a vendor quality up an item for you for like an Alteration or something. Hell I would say the same for Glassblowers... qualitying up basic items offers 0 depth to the game. Quality for gems should stay because its quite important for specific gems and Gemcutters are actually valuable drops that you can sell for more than a chaos.

*They have to do something about the Splinters because it's really damn annoying. I know why they do it... it's a far preferable system to the Beast boss system where you can go an entire league without seeing a Beast boss because its RNG gated versus gathering splinters slowly but surely (less RNG dependent, more grind dependent). I would much rather Breachstones be like 20 splinters to build up to but each splinter drops less frequently. Would actually add value to these drops. And for the LOVE of god, have them drop at the end of the encounter as a single stack like Simulacrum. Same for Perandus coins but that whole Perandus system needs a rework anyway.

*Stuff that is stackable in premium stash tabs should be stackable in regular inventory too. I see no reason why Atziri fragments are stackable in premium fragment tabs but not in regular inventory. This applies to other items in the game as well.

*Picking a currency item of the same type should auto pick up the same currency item in a large radius. So if you drop a bunch of Chaos in a vicinity, then picking one auto picks all the others. Games already do this. And please increase loot pick up radius.

*A lot of the Essences tiers can be cut down. The same applies for other similar things.

*Remove Incubators from the game. Instead of dropping Incubators... why not just have that specific item drop instead? A completely wasted system IMO.

*Oils and Catalysts shouldn't be droppable anymore. Just like with other quality items, you can have Tane upgrade items when you talk to him for a price. Same for Oils and Cassia, you can just have the annoints that you want from a drop down menu (or open up the passive tree to pick a notable) and then you pay for the cost. Such an elegant and easy system, GGG doesn't have to make slot for these items anymore either!

*Veil system needs an entire rework. You should unlock crafts from simple encounters with the Syndicate. Fight Elreon lvl3 as a leader of a safehouse, unlock all of his special jewelry recipes. Beat a certain safehouse, get a bunch of recipes unlocked. No more veil items being dropped because they are pretty much always worthless and take up inventory slot. Aisling can still drop double unveil mods that you can unveil and unveiling them instantly unlocks the 3 given options (so a single rare item can unlock 6 recipes straight up).

*Remove Talisman drops completely. Keep the Jorgin crafting bench and allow us to Annoint vaaled items.

*Probably redo/remove the Vial system for Incursion items. Just have the actual item drop instead at the end and the Altar also spawn in the room after beating the boss. Good thing is that you don't really get that many Vials to begin with but it's just another thing that doesn't need to be in the game.

*I don't have a good enough idea on how to cut down on the Divination cards but a lot of the low tier/useless ones should be removed for sure.

And as stated before, bulk/currency items should be sold through an automated system but not for uniques/rares other valuable items that have variants (a Chaos orb is a Chaos orb no matter who has it but a jewel can have different rolls).

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So I noticed on POE Ninja that Warlord Exalted orbs are really expensive this league (like more than Awakener Orbs and Hunter Orbs).

I did some investigating and research ... and it turns out that on weapons you can actually roll a Headhunter type mod on Warlord influenced bases as a suffix (40% chance to gain a buff for 10 seconds)....

So you can just stack two of these weapons for a half of a HH effect (HH buff is 20 seconds vs 10 seconds). This should still stack with HH + Inspired Learning for some crazy juice up.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I got a warlord's yesterday and thought it was the worst but sold for 420c

edit: it's claws only

Finally chanced a unique strongbox, what's the easiest weapon to chance to unique? I ain't doing a unique map
edit: nevermind went through my map tab and I chanced a maelstrom of chaos..

Last edited:

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Well depends. So how are you gonna complain, that you wasted a fuckton time of your life to farm a bad item? Not to mention that you probably bought hundreds of spider forests and sextants which would be out of reach in case of natural progression. Aka you didn't actually get hh.
Anyway a very rare almost no nonexistent 'bad' item is not a problem, won't get it anyway unless you go out of your way for it. And why doing that for a bad item lmao.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Enjoy this balanced state for a brief moment in time:

Screenshot_20200329-125957_Chrome.jpg

Within 2 weeks it's going to get pretty bad. Already seeing a dramatic rise in Guardian numbers.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Well depends. So how are you gonna complain, that you wasted a fuckton time of your life to farm a bad item? Not to mention that you probably bought hundreds of spider forests and sextants which would be out of reach in case of natural progression. Aka you didn't actually get hh.
Anyway a very rare almost no nonexistent 'bad' item is not a problem, won't get it anyway unless you go out of your way for it. And why doing that for a bad item lmao.
Nah, I didn't buy maps. You see, back in the day, if you shaped your atlas you could sustain pretty well. It was either breach league or the one after that, iirc.

And no, my complaint is not that I wasted my time. My complaint is that the item breaks the game. The build you run does not matter if you're juicing maps with beyond. Several leagues now the endgame has been defined by HH. The power level you get from a single item should not be this high, even for the rarest item in the game. This league especially, with abuse of aura stacking, exposes the flaws of the item.

Idk why you're on this crusade to try to invalidate complaints about a very controversial item. Your focus on whether or not I obtained it from trade (as if farming 8 doctors without buying maps is not "acquiring it without trade" somehow) is ridiculous anyway because the vast majority of players play trade leagues. Saying "you didn't actually get a HH" to a guy who has gotten them in 5 leagues is the height of stupidity.

Last edited:

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
The economy seems to be getting pretty fucked right now. Everything that's not part of the solstice vigil build is dropping quite a bit in price.

Luckily Solstice vigil dropped for me today.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Solstice Vigil on track to be 30 EX.

Also keep eye on the two Harbinger uniques (the belt and shield) and Shavronne's.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Damn this is something straight out of PoE general chat

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, I didn't buy maps. You see, back in the day, if you shaped your atlas you could sustain pretty well. It was either breach league or the one after that, iirc.

And no, my complaint is not that I wasted my time. My complaint is that the item breaks the game. The build you run does not matter if you're juicing maps with beyond. Several leagues now the endgame has been defined by HH. The power level you get from a single item should not be this high, even for the rarest item in the game. This league especially, with abuse of aura stacking, exposes the flaws of the item.

Idk why you're on this crusade to try to invalidate complaints about a very controversial item. Your focus on whether or not I obtained it from trade (as if farming 8 doctors without buying maps is not "acquiring it without trade" somehow) is ridiculous anyway because the vast majority of players play trade leagues. Saying "you didn't actually get a HH" to a guy who has gotten them in 5 leagues is the height of stupidity.
What does it matter to you if there is one useful item for change, feel free not to use it.
Better be complaining about shit performance, lag, garbage loot etc. I wouldn't mind hh just to not die when this trash freezes for 5 seconds or crashes taking you down with it, although even hh could be powerless against such 'pro code' of poe.
Damn this is something straight out of PoE general chat
Is it the place where every noob mirrors uber gear and proceeds to bitch how sirus is too easy?

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
What does it matter to you if there is one useful item for change, feel free not to use it.
Better be complaining about shit performance, lag, garbage loot etc. I wouldn't mind hh just to not die when this trash freezes for 5 seconds or crashes taking you down with it, although even hh could be powerless against such 'pro code' of poe.

Is it the place where every noob mirrors uber gear and proceeds to bitch how sirus is too easy?
Why does it upset you so much that I (and many others) don't like the HH? Complaining about it won't suddenly make GGG deprioritize performance (they do that just fine on their own heyoooo). I've also shared my thoughts on the overall issues with the game (too much overlapping content, aggressively overdone itemization, ridiculous amounts of garbage loot, etc.). The HH is a major problem on its own, but not the largest one.

Your posts have been aggressive/hostile and I'm not sure why. Could you try to lighten up a bit? It's really not that serious.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Fuuuuuuu my IQ is not high enough to see my Large Cluster jewel in POB

And when I import my character I have to create a new thread of hope because the one imported doesn't work

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017

And when I import my character I have to create a new thread of hope because the one imported doesn't work
Are you using the PoB Community fork? They've managed to add support for Cluster Jewels among many other things and updates are more frequent.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Install the POB Community Fork. Well really it's just changing one line of code in POB files then update it.

Also new chase item in the game now:

www.pathofexile.com

Path of Exile

Path of Exile is a free online-only action RPG under development by Grinding Gear Games in New Zealand.

Peep the implicit.

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Install the POB Community Fork. Well really it's just changing one line of code in POB files then update it.

Also new chase item in the game now:

www.pathofexile.com

Path of Exile

Path of Exile is a free online-only action RPG under development by Grinding Gear Games in New Zealand.

Peep the implicit.
Damn, the passive Devastator on my cluster jewel only has a 15% chance to do 1/10th of a monsters life as a physical explosion, and it helps with clearing quite a bit. That must be absolutely insane for clears. That one is 100% chance at 3%.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the passive Devastator on my cluster jewel only has a 15% chance to do 1/10th of a monsters life as a physical explosion, and it helps with clearing quite a bit. That must be absolutely insane for clears. That one is 100% chance at 3%.
You can get the explosive mod on Crusader chests which is very valuable.

The item itself is very powerful and skyrocketing in price due to the latest Herald builds. With enough increased aura effect and Purities, they can achieve 90% elemental resistances so that item gives them 300% Lightning and 300% cold damage... The explosive mod is like a massive bonus on top of that especially in that build because it can't give up the chest slot as it is reserved for Shavronne's Wrapping.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
the way things are going... as long as they fix the herald situation this league is going to be a great addition to core going forward

cluster jewels really help build diversity

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm making a Pathfinder and I was originally planning on using Cobra Lash but it seems like most people are using Pestilent Strike. I've messed around with both and I still think I like Cobra Lash more but it feels like Pestilent is doing more damage. Does PS scale far more or is there another reason more people are using it?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
the way things are going... as long as they fix the herald situation this league is going to be a great addition to core going forward

cluster jewels really help build diversity
Cluster jewels are amazing but making them stackable was a massive mistake.

There are really only 2 ways to fix this going forward:

*They make the notables not stackable. Probably the most obvious fix IMO. The Herald stuff is clearly broken but there are quite a lot of other interactions that are really busted, just waiting in the wings if this Herald stuff gets gutted exclusively. War Cry jewels, curse effect jewels etc.

*They specifically nerf the problematic nodes. Eventually they will nerf a bunch of them to the point where it may not be worth running these jewels for the most part or only worth running if you stack many of them. This would be pretty bad as it would weaken a lot of interesting builds and interactions as well.

*Voices limited to one. I don't think this will solve much as people will just move towards 1 Voice, 2 Large cluster jewels instead.

Also by making them not stackable they can improve power for future ones as well.

So I'm making a Pathfinder and I was originally planning on using Cobra Lash but it seems like most people are using Pestilent Strike. I've messed around with both and I still think I like Cobra Lash more but it feels like Pestilent is doing more damage. Does PS scale far more or is there another reason more people are using it?
MBX Extreme has made build guides and videos on it so it will be more popular. As far as single target goes, Viper Strike does more damage than Pestilent Strike.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
MBX Extreme has made build guides and videos on it so it will be more popular. As far as single target goes, Viper Strike does more damage than Pestilent Strike.

I think I might stick with PS. The clear seems pretty similar, if just a bit worse, but the single target feels so much better.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Good thing from these meta god builds is that the prices of everything else is starting to tank fairly considerably.

Anything that isn't:

*Maligaro's Virtuosity (and the associated Divination card)
*Shavronne's Wrapping, Sporeguard
*Black Cane
*Nebulis
*Headhunter
*Solstice Vigil
*Conqueror's Potency
*Voices
*Medium cluster Herald jewels with Purposeful Harbinger + Endbringer/Heraldry + 1 Jewel socket
*Sorceror's Boots with Tailwind
*Random corrupted jewels with 1% reduce mana reserved.
*The Pariah.
*The Flow Untethered.
*Winter Orb, Blade Vortex, Divine Ire, Enlighten gems.

Is generally dropping in price/trending downwards. Haven't seen such a coalescing around a single type of build since last league with Baron's which was also a bit more unusual than normal.

Interesting economic trends I have observed:

*Scarabs seem to be the cheapest they have ever been. My guess is that this is due to the Delirium Scarab rewards dropping a ton of Scarabs in the game, there definitely seem to be an abundance of scarabs in this league. Divination card scarabs were high for a bit but now are dropping hard.

*After the initial post patch surge, Delirium orb prices are starting to come back down too. Combination of lower Delirium Orb prices and lowered Scarab prices means you stand to make a lot of money from just normal mapping by juicing them up with these.

*Chayula Breachstone is crazy cheap this league right now, only 130C. Costs less than a Timeless Marketh emblem.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Good thing from these meta god builds is that the prices of everything else is starting to tank fairly considerably.

Anything that isn't:

*Maligaro's Virtuosity (and the associated Divination card)
*Shavronne's Wrapping, Sporeguard
*Black Cane
*Nebulis
*Headhunter
*Solstice Vigil
*Conqueror's Potency
*Voices
*Medium cluster Herald jewels with Purposeful Harbinger + Endbringer/Heraldry + 1 Jewel socket
*Sorceror's Boots with Tailwind
*Random corrupted jewels with 1% reduce mana reserved.
*The Pariah.
*The Flow Untethered.
*Winter Orb, Blade Vortex, Divine Ire, Enlighten gems.

Is generally dropping in price/trending downwards. Haven't seen such a coalescing around a single type of build since last league with Baron's which was also a bit more unusual than normal.

Interesting economic trends I have observed:

*Scarabs seem to be the cheapest they have ever been. My guess is that this is due to the Delirium Scarab rewards dropping a ton of Scarabs in the game, there definitely seem to be an abundance of scarabs in this league. Divination card scarabs were high for a bit but now are dropping hard.

*After the initial post patch surge, Delirium orb prices are starting to come back down too. Combination of lower Delirium Orb prices and lowered Scarab prices means you stand to make a lot of money from just normal mapping by juicing them up with these.

*Chayula Breachstone is crazy cheap this league right now, only 130C. Costs less than a Timeless Marketh emblem.
I am overflowing in scarabs and fragments and juicing every t14-t16 map I get and still dont deplete my reserves.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm going to take a break until the next patch. The constant death due to freezes is just too annoying to bother with.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Its not just you. Some of the nodes are not loading properly into PoB. The claw damage large nodes wont work at all for me.
My cluster jewel has
12 passives skills and 12 increased damage with maces/staves.
calamitous
Martial Prowess
Overlord
2 jewels sockets

There are 2 in the market atm starting at 10 exa, I won't be playing till the weekend (I hope), I don't really know if there's a demand for that jewel ... and I kinda want to give it to a guild member so he can sell it to finance my orb of regret consumption problem

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have Sirus ready (A4). I have failed the last 3 times and I dont want to spawn him again.

Is somebody here willing to carry me? You can keep the loot. Delirium Standard League, IGN: Slingbuyas

EDIT: Shugga carried me :D

Last edited: