• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone please post the pic of the act and where to pick the passive skill points and skill refund points

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing this is a DDOS issue? Sucks, I just want to keep exploding things. Why do people ruin everything.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Can someone please post the pic of the act and where to pick the passive skill points and skill refund points

This? I think act 10 might be slightly different.

gT5p6QU.png

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I've just been doing whatever looks good for the Syndicate stuff. Should I stop messing with it and leave it for endgame? I just wanna get the mats for crafting

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
While we are waiting, does anyone know of a primer or anything for the Syndicate? I have no idea what I'm doing. Transportation seemed to have the most progress, so I just started doing whatever option increased that lol.

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does the crafting window thingy show up every time you finish a hideout? I did one and didn't see anything at the end...

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
While we are waiting, does anyone know of a primer or anything for the Syndicate? I have no idea what I'm doing. Transportation seemed to have the most progress, so I just started doing whatever option increased that lol.
No one actually knows anything about the Syndicate. Just try to move up the chain as much as you can so you can face the top syndicate bosses.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The crafting system is so smooth and streamlined now. And you start off with the remove crafted mod for 1 Scour baseline! Remember that you get crafting recipes throughout the world so try to explore a bit (though the best recipes are probably going to be in end game maps or something).

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm liking the new league mechanics. I don't entirely know what I am doing outside of unlocking safehouses, but still!

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
As a Heiro, I'm a bit miffed that I'll be dealing with an 11-14% dps nerf until I can afford a good shield. Guess I should've expected it to cost 1ex.

Luckily arc is still so broken that I've been out DPSing everything on a 4L through act 9.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Manage to get to mapping today after a marathon whole day session. Level 73ish, farmed Tabula Rasa and playeda ton of Syndicates. They actually give solid expedience for killing them and good rewards in the shape of veiled mods but thats probably gonna lose its luster once you keep getting the same old junk mods that cant even be upgraded.

I have some what figured out the system. You pretty much want to upgrade your syndicate members until they take over the strongholds and then work towards the final boss. You also want to keep them friendly with each other because that usually means they appear together in events and you get more gains. If a member is removed from syndicate then a brand new one takes their place.

Bargaining gets your their rewards. Keep an eye out for members who have currency modifiers, bargaining with them can get you 3x Exalts! The stronghold that I got to had Tora as the leader and there was a crafting bench that allowed me to add 24% quality to any body armor. The loot dropped lab enchanted gear but it was all junk.

Meddling with the syndicate is very addictive, I am a fan of the league!

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
The only thing I'm not a big fan of so far is the fact that the investigation menu takes up the entire screen. The only time I have died so far in this league was when one of the new rogue exiles apparently wandered into the fortification from a couple screens away while I was thinking about what to choose, and killed me before I could even close the menu when I realized I was being attacked. To be honest I'm not sure why she was that powerful, it was a summoner so maybe they gave her Detonate Dead or something.

Enemies aggro from so far away in this game that taking any time to actually consider what to do on that screen in the field is annoying. Even outside of that one case where it got me killed, I'm constantly having to back out of that menu to kill some enemy that wandered over from god knows how far away to interrupt me. And this is playing as Arc totems, I'd probably be way more fucking annoyed if I was playing some kind of namelocking melee build. Not really sure what the solution is, but it feels like a nuisance to have to clear such a wide radius around where the Syndicate event happens just to be able to make a selection (exacerbated right now given it's the league mechanic so you're running into an event in every zone).

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Ohh, now I start to understand the the syndicate system.

I managed to form a bond of trust between 4 different syndicate members of intervention branch. They all had 2-stars and different scarab rewards. When I got to safehouse, ALL 4 spawned for boss fight and afterwards I got all the types of reward scarabs they had (5 scarabs total). "Web of trust" disappeared and the 4 members got re-shuffled around.

So it's not just about who is the safehouse boss, but who are the safehouse bosses friends.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
How did everyones first day go?
Was a bit rough to start with the server stuff and i crashed a few times and i was sure i ripped but i somehow made it haha. I was in the koam fight when my game froze on me... With a glass cannon.

Havent really touched the league stuff while leveling because its spooky as hell and i almost ripped to leo. So ill play around with that once i get a bit stronger. Things are slow going. Level 71 in duct with only one card to my name. Might have to call it soon.

Im just so damn impressed with this master rework. So many cool and interesting interactions. Lots of powerful mods to be had. Having the option to remove craft at the beginning is such a nice change. That and the lightning looks really good too.

I'm a tad worried about the accessibility of the meta crafts and the higher tier crafts though. I mean i kmow theyre powerful mods but im worried theyre gated in higher tier stuff which may take a while to get to. We'll see though.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Good first day. Pretty slow for me. Started on very little sleep, went to take a 30 min nap and woke up 7 hours later. So yeah, I'm a tad behind.

But I'm loving the leveling since it's so easy to get distracted with the league stuff. Improvements to crafting, hideouts and everything else just goes to show how great GGG is with continuing to push solid updates. Very impressed with how well it all turned out. Still pretty confused with the specifics on the Syndicates stuff but it's slowly coming together.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
In case somebody was wondering, kills by your totems do not feed your banner. You need to self kill enemies to gain charges.

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only played a few hours yesterday. Got to the tower and killed Shavronne and went to sleep after the disconnects. I did 3 strongholds but no crafting bench for me. Started to get the system and it gets pretty fun once you realize how to manipulate them to spawn certain rewards. I managed to get some cool ammys from what I imagine was the talisman league dude. I imagine making Perandus a boss will reward coins, etc.

Goals for me today are to get to maps and read up on bestiary league because I have no clue how that works. I.think you can create items or put mods on them if you do an arena round (blood altar?) But I've no clue and don't know where the other doors lead to.

Haven't even touched delve. We might be at q point where there is actually too much content ;P How spoiled we are.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
This fort was pretty densely populated.

League has been really fun, it's a happy occasion to meet a master now. And I really like how master craft recipes have been handled, it's fun to discover them while doing content. I have to see how it goes during endgame when hunting for a specific recipe.

Last edited:

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I stopped after hitting act 10 and doing cruel lab. Took me longer than I intended and expected but I screwed around a fair bit.

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Just a few more days for us Xbox players. Obv it's early on but any new builds to try out for this league v

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did Elreon's hideout, got a crafting bench at the end that is basically a Blessed Orb. Put my item which had the second lowest value already, hit craft... got the lowest value.

RIP.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Did Elreon's hideout, got a crafting bench at the end that is basically a Blessed Orb. Put my item which had the second lowest value already, hit craft... got the lowest value.

RIP.
I rolled a Rustic from 12% to 24%.

:D

Guys, how do you plan to approach Delve content? Go down always while upgrading until which depth? Do you go sideways if you see particular nodes?

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For Delve I'll just prioritize going down as long as the voltaxic updates permit, but I wouldn't say no to a good node if it is close (city, maps, fossil, etc). The cap was reduced to 270 for the challenge this time, so that's easier to get. Once around there you can start going sideways. Although to get Aul and the better rewards you have to go further unless they changed that.

Something I didn't do last time which apparently was the way to go was farm the long, completed hallways and get all the nooks and crannies. I always did that while the cart was moving so rarely did I go back, but I also didn't have much time to explore because I got in very late in the season. They've kinda nerfed it so you can't farm the same path without blowing up the walls anymore, by putting the better stuff behind them (this exhausts that path at the same time, because once you've blown up a wall it doesn't regen).

Honestly who knows, there is just so much stuff to do...

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Moved Cameria into the Transportation boss position and they got Timeworn Unique drops. Looking forward to that one.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
finally finished the story in the standard league with the character I started in Delve

meh, not really a fantastic ending that is absolutely necessary to see or anything. did the first bit of endgame map content just so I could see how it goes

seems like a decent system

think i'll start a new character in the new league now

any good starter/beginner builds for the new league yet? I'm thinking of trying some kind of speedy archer character since I played marauder/juggernaut last time

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't understand the Syndicate. I thought I was grasping it, I was ranking up dudes and making them trust each other. I got like 3 guys to rank 3 under the transportation safehouse. They all had unique item looking things next to their name, so I thought that mean I could get that loot. I ran the safehouse and got almost nothing. Is it because I ran the transportation safehouse already? Or am I missing something else?

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can invite her. Go see her in town, or maybe after you've done a mission.

I did a whole temple run but the sacrificial altar is bugged and doesn't work :( I also left the item I wanted to sacrifice inside lol (It as Bramblejack so who cares).

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You can invite her. Go see her in town, or maybe after you've done a mission.

I did a whole temple run but the sacrificial altar is bugged and doesn't work :( I also left the item I wanted to sacrifice inside lol (It as Bramblejack so who cares).

I had the same bug an no, in town there is no option to invite her for me.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't understand the Syndicate. I thought I was grasping it, I was ranking up dudes and making them trust each other. I got like 3 guys to rank 3 under the transportation safehouse. They all had unique item looking things next to their name, so I thought that mean I could get that loot. I ran the safehouse and got almost nothing. Is it because I ran the transportation safehouse already? Or am I missing something else?
You want to advance guys to be the leaders/masterminds and have those people upgraded. Different people will get you different drops at the safe houses. For example if you have Tora and advance her to be the master mind when you run that safe house one of the chests drops gloves with lab enchants on them. I think the relationships will have an impact on the leader of the syndicate and not the sub leaders. At least that's what I've been able to piece together.

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
You want to advance guys to be the leaders/masterminds and have those people upgraded. Different people will get you different drops at the safe houses. For example if you have Tora and advance her to be the master mind when you run that safe house one of the chests drops gloves with lab enchants on them. I think the relationships will have an impact on the leader of the syndicate and not the sub leaders. At least that's what I've been able to piece together.

Oh okay, that makes a little more sense, because I don't think any of the people had their portrait moved up to the actual safehouse space, so I probably didn't make the master somehow. Thanks!

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, the items you see on their portrait are items they are using. I don't know if there is a chance they can drop, but they will definitely make them harder to kill or deal more damage. There is a bargain option to destroy all the items others are carrying.

I also did Cameria safehouse already. I got a full stack of div cards (Lucky conections i.e. 20xfusing), a trap chest (pick one item, I got the Vaal Orb), a currency chest (just basic ones) and 2 uniques. No timeworn version tho, just regular :(

Had it at Captain rank with 3 lieutenants (Gravicius, Janus and Riker) and they all showed up for the fight. Maybe you can buff it further and get better rewards... It was pretty cool overall.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Why can't I invite Alva to my hideout ;_;

Yeah Alva is bugged somehow. I got her quest but I can't complete it. It tells me to go to causeway and complete the incursion, but when I arrived there, there were no incursions. And I explored the area 100%. So I reset area, and this time Alva with incursions spawn! I complete 3 of them and can't find anymore. 100% of area explored.

Quest still says to complete an incursion on causeway and there seems to be no way to complete it.

Thankfully that doesn't seem to affect her spawns in areas since I still do get incursions now and then.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I now remember why i quit last time, the difficulty spike at act 6 is insane.

I forgot about the - 30% elemental resistance at the end of act 5, and act 6 chucks load of elements at you :(

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
So is this just a co-op unfriendly game or did I pick a bad class for that?

Friend got me to try out the game, went with a Witch necromancer type thing and he made a new Witch character.
He's just killing stuff in one hit with an ice move while my zombies don't really do anything besides getting themselves killed. Shared loot means he's taking everything I would use since we're both Witches.

Haven't played a game of this type before.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Got lvl85 and Uber Lab done on my Arc Witch, around tier 9-10 maps right now but farming tier 4-5 since I am still on a Tabula Rasa which I farmed myself. Syndicate be kicking my ass! I have successfully run multiple safe houses though and am 75% in to uncovering the Mastermind (I have a good guess as to who it is, its pretty obvious!). I have generally figured out how the Syndicate system works but a little more trial error is needed to realize the good stuff as the drops have very vague names from the Syndicate. Because of Toras bench I was able to get my gem leveled to 20! I really like the system as it rewards you for planning and increasing difficulty of your encounters.

So is this just a co-op unfriendly game or did I pick a bad class for that?

Friend got me to try out the game, went with a Witch necromancer type thing and he made a new Witch character.
He's just killing stuff in one hit with an ice move while my zombies don't really do anything besides getting themselves killed. Shared loot means he's taking everything I would use since we're both Witches.

Haven't played a game of this type before.
You should change loot to permanent allocation so everyone gets their own.

Summoners will always be always be slower than regular builds but they have other advantages. You should get a movement skill like Shield Charge (linked to faster attacks) and convovation to keep up with your friend.

Last edited:

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Dahbomb since you seem to know a lot and a nice dude. Would you suggest Arc Witch as a starter this league. I used one long ago maybe 3.1? And I enjoyed it then. Since I play on Xbox the first couple weeks are basically SSF anyway so this would be a good a choice correct?