• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
I'm basically gonna skip all syndicate stuff until I'm at level 95

After Janus kept teleporting in and murdering me like 15 times with zero way of surviving.... i just did a couple more missions until the laboratory popped up and that has allowed me to avoid it since because it just keeps respawning.

That and some of the large area encounters are insane. They just keep spawning so many minions and champion packs until you open the door. Through testing, as a range character, it looks like it's infinite spawns.

Something is seriously broken with it.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Damn didn't even know about the +1 totem veiled mod removal from the game, and now it looks like they are going to add it back. Some amateurish stuff from GGG on that one. If they wanted to remove it that's fine, but to say nothing and hope nobody notices was a bold move. Considering the player base I'm not sure how long they thought they could get away with a move like that before people notice.
Pretty sure they did mention it in one of the patches. I remember thinking that it was a nerf to totems, and then being surprised that it is going to be readded.

I'm basically gonna skip all syndicate stuff until I'm at level 95

After Janus kept teleporting in and murdering me like 15 times with zero way of surviving.... i just did a couple more missions until the laboratory popped up and that has allowed me to avoid it since because it just keeps respawning.

That and some of the large area encounters are insane. They just keep spawning so many minions and champion packs until you open the door. Through testing, as a range character, it looks like it's infinite spawns.

Something is seriously broken with it.
Perandus is ridiculous. He does a lot more damage than most of the other syndicate members, and he seems to be on Intervention for a lot of players. I'm hoping for a balance patch next week or so where the Syndicate members can be evened out a bit. The subreddit seems to think that the syndicate member scaling is broken too, and a lot of them are better verse in Path than I am.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was about ready to rage uninstall the game today. My occultist kills fine but can't stay alive to save her life. I really wish this game had in game trading. Like a list i could browse through.

Gonna try some arc totems and see how that fares.

If syndicate are still broke af then I'm just gonna enjoy fortuna update for warframe on ps4 more and skip this league. Or play glacial totems on standard. I actually almost finished the atlas with him in beastiary league.

God going through the campaign yet again is gonna suck.

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I fought Perandus in a red map and he had Stone statue (basically a freeze), More Life and Cannot Leech items. He was so annoying. They also didn't give retroactive credit for the Mastermind I challenge, and I figure next fight is gonna be much worse.

Instead I spent a couple hours doing my hideout, lol.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A reset member sold me a tabula but I'm not sure how far I can get without the life and resist now that I'm mapping.
I'm running t16 in tabula with uncapped resists, gangsta life of mf.
Ei9qI2C.png

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, arc is insane, it just wipes everything on screen, as well as off screen too!

When you've mostly played melee in the game, witch with arc is like playing in a different league.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Think I'm about done with my cold snap occultist for the time being. It absolutely crushes everything so far and only runs into issues with chaos damage (no ci or shavs). Guess I just don't like the DoT playstyle, a similar thing happened with I first played with ED. Just feels pretty clunky when you compare how fast you can move v. the time period between you casting a spell and watching enemies dying.

Might go back to the usual SRS/FB or jump on the CoC train.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Betrayal is confusing, I only ever seem to get "transports" and the fortifications, I've never seen any mission or characters that change anything on the other two, is it because I am still only on act 2?

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I think first time I met intervention was after A3 town. Research started somewhere after that point too unless I remember wrong.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
e
Do want

lvl 82 Profane decay occultist slowly making my way through (same fucking) white maps and now Zana missions are gone :( maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Hopefully, there are the incursions and bestiary to shake things up. And there's always a syndicate member's to play "apply decay and hide" with lol
I am using this https://streamable.com/mxk6y filter sound, but swapped the Dio ones for more Joseph Joestar.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9h6ybm/megacompilation_of_50_loot_filter_sound_packs/
It is the professionallogomake custom sound set.

I've been replacing the lootfilter sounds with Starcraft sounds rather than pushing to get to maps. I have my priorities straight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4p6r3_YHnk this one is neat

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You always want Rin in Intervention for Map Scarabs. I expect they will go up in price because they are absolutely insane.

DaTruth29

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Rank 3 Rin in intervention gets you the 100% Maps Scarab. That shit is bank.

Also, I just hit my first six link. Took me 10 fuses WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DaTruth29

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
You always want Rin in Intervention for Map Scarabs. I expect they will go up in price because they are absolutely insane.
I'm curious, can you use the same scarab multiple times on a map? Cause I'm envisioning a perfectly rolled corrupted T16 map with the hillock 35% quant and 3 of the map scarabs, and my screen just exploding in glorious T16 maps.....

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got a few cartography scarabs I haven't used, but they are rusted not gilded. Will work towards that next I guess. I need to unlock more Zana mods before using them because my Zana missions are stuck in T6. I spent all my monies on 2 budget shaped daggers so I can't buy maps atm.

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Question I got a pure Talent jewel currently only for sale on Xbox last I looked dude wants one 1 ex LOL. But the real question should I go the Templar starting area to get the 5% pen and the nodes to there are good also. I am using a self casting arc witch should only be a 5 point difference from the guide I am using? So is that a good a idea?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that Vaal Summon Skeleton is pretty major change/upgrade from regular summon skeleton, so I might want to start leveling a witch to give a necro build a try. Was one of the first vaal gems I found.

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
It could sink map prices and become less valuable with time though
I wonder if div card scarabs would work on putrid cloister

Map prices are already really low this league. Last league I was selling t10 maps for 4c a piece all day long like a week and a half into the league. They're already down to 2-3c right now, t16s are down to 16-17c already which is where they bottomed out in delve.

This league gonna be more like Harbinger where guardian maps were single digits by the end. Harbinger orbs from safehouses, scarabs, temples, delves, so many sources of high level maps tank the price hard. I did one t16 temple and got 4 guardian maps from a single t2 map room, it's nutty.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Question I got a pure Talent jewel currently only for sale on Xbox last I looked dude wants one 1 ex LOL. But the real question should I go the Templar starting area to get the 5% pen and the nodes to there are good also. I am using a self casting arc witch should only be a 5 point difference from the guide I am using? So is that a good a idea?
Those are good nodes to pick up so sure. Remember that the guide you are following may not havr updated with those nodes yet.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
First league I've ever run seriously beyond dabbling with delve for a few days and I have 0 fucking clue how any of this works but i'm having a lot of fun.

I'm following some guy's build for lacerate 2h, then I found vaal ground slam and holy shit

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm gonna grab a Terminus Est when I get home. Looks to be the de-facto starter weapon for my Impale build, and the POE trade site has them listing at 1-2 fusing/alch orbs.

DaTruth29

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I'm curious. I have It That Fleds on Research at level 3, which means I can potentially make a pure breachstone. It seems to me the best thing to do would be to purchase a Chayula breachstone (which is going for about 2.5 ex), make it pure, and then resell it for a 4 ex profit....

I feel like the prices for these things are wayyyyyyyyy too high atm.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Also to all the people who are using some sort of mind over matter or hybrid life/ES builds:

The new flask that you get from beating the Mastermind is really insane. Basically the Trickster Ascendancy node in a bottle, plus a 10% MORE multiplier, Onslaught AND a very powerful veiled mode. The 15% damage leeched as life is just completely mental defense but if you want more offense, the critical strike chance during flask effect is good for crit builds. Currently using it on my build and it feels so good. It's also very cheap, less than 10C for a flask this powerful.

Thank dude, I always appreciate your insight
BTW the guide may not say this, but try to get Vaal Arc and also Vaal Righteous. With Vaal Arc you get both regular Arc and the Vaal version in the same slot so there is no downside. Vaal Righteous Fire just gives you a ton of spell damage that you want during a boss fight. Vaal Arc is a very powerful cast of Arc but more importantly it empowers your regular Arc by making your attacks "lucky". That means that when you attack, it rolls your attack values twice and picks the better of the two... which in turn increases your DPS since lightning based abilities have a massive variance in the game. The guide may not have this as this was included in Incursion league.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So sacrificial altar, Vaal recipes (sockets) and checking your sulphite levels from hideout are all still bugged. The latter 2 were in the patch notes, but still not fixed.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I don't have a build per se (but there are many you find through searching, bearing in mind that you want cheap builds as you have no currency), but some general advice:

Path of Building is an amazing program for calculating builds, which will help you see how good nodes in the skill tree are (mousing over them will tell how much you get in dps, life, etc). You can import builds from pastebin, and a lot of build guides you'll find will have links so that you can import the build, This helps to learn what passive skills are the important ones.

After act 5: make sure you have capped (75%) of the three elemental resistances. This will make you take a fraction of the damage you'd otherwise take as mobs start to hit hard with elemental damage.

Upgrade your weapons every so often, as they'll mean more for your dps while levelling. Armour is less important because you want +elemental resistance more than armour, energy shield, or evasion (mostly once you've passed act 5). Flat bonuses are good because of the passive tree being % increase, so + flat life is better than +%life on gear.

If you get that far, Blood Aqueducts in Act 9 is a famous farming place for xp and currency. I'd suggest levelling to around 70 at least when you get there. It has good enemy density and is an easy clear because it's so linear.

Skill gems: The game now tells you what support works on what (since last league iirc), and you'll need to use support gems to increase your damage. Path of Building does help recommend the best support gems for dps (treat this as a recommendation).

That's hopefully enough general advice. Unless you are amazing at remembering things, I wouldn't try to learn everything right away. Get the basics down, and slowly learn why things work and get a feel for the game. I'm no expert, but I have played at least one build for the last few leagues and learnt alot.

Sorry I never replied, I didn't get a notification about this post. Thank you, this definitely has some more information than I was aware of.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
God damn Inpulsa 6 EX this league. No way it should be that expensive given its not that rare. Hopefully I will just find it mapping like I usually do. Hell maybe even try to chance it (LOL!).

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God damn Inpulsa 6 EX this league. No way it should be that expensive given its not that rare. Hopefully I will just find it mapping like I usually do. Hell maybe even try to chance it (LOL!).
Yeah, as soon as I hit it 90-92 I'm moving on to my second character. Not worth it when it's pretty much the only required unique.

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh and I did lab again and Unbreathing Queen still didn't trigger.

I'm starting to think the patch didn't install or something because none of the fixes applied to me lol.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno the thread on the forums is just there like there like it had dropped but I could have sworn this morning when I clicked the link from the log in screen it had a lil blurb that said something to the effect of "we're planning to drop this on thursday morning , our time" and I don't recall a patch this morning so who knows.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
One of my buddies got his first exalted orb tonight while we were in voice chat. He was pretty pumped lol.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
So i'm expecting this patch to get pulled. I was about to starting linking my bow, but then saw maintenance so i waited. Took me 31 fusings to 6L my bow... Worth 8ex now. There goes my luck for the season...

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Got a corrupted 6 link all blue to drop on a Vaal side area in act 6. I am very happy about that being a arc witch. 22 days of play time only 6 link to drop not counting a tabby

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In simple terms, what on earth should I be doing on the betrayal board!, I seem to just be moving people around, and I've no idea what I should be aiming to do.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
1) Get intelligence to open up safehouses
2) Complete safehouses to get intelligence on mastermind
3) Kill mastermind

During process of step #1, you can move around people to "attach" them to safehouses. A syndicate member "attached" to a safehouse will drop his loot when you clear the safehouse. So moving people around is a way to get better loot for clearing safehouses. For example, you might not want Elder Scarabs from someone so you move him to another safehouse so you can get different loot from him. Or you are about to open up fortification safehouse so you move more people there to get more loot.

Higher member rank means he drops better quality loot, or more loot.

There's also the green, red and yellow lines but that's a part I don't fully understand myself.

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1) Get intelligence to open up safehouses
2) Complete safehouses to get intelligence on mastermind
3) Kill mastermind

During process of step #1, you can move around people to "attach" them to safehouses. A syndicate member "attached" to a safehouse will drop his loot when you clear the safehouse. So moving people around is a way to get better loot for clearing safehouses. For example, you might not want Elder Scarabs from someone so you move him to another safehouse so you can get different loot from him. Or you are about to open up fortification safehouse so you move more people there to get more loot.

Higher member rank means he drops better quality loot, or more loot.

There's also the green, red and yellow lines but that's a part I don't fully understand myself.
Right, so I can move people by choosing the option not to imprison them, in doing so I can manipulate the types, (and quality from peoples ranks?) of loot that I could potentially get from raiding a safehouse, which must be levelled up with intelligence (is there a cooldown once a safehouse is open?, or once you've researched it it's always open?) , and gaining this intelligence de-ranks a person.

I assume that the more people you have at a safehouse, and the higher their rank, the harder the event will be?.

I imagine the lines mean you can (if they are attached with a green line), or can't (if attached with a red line), have those members in a particular event encounter?

I think I've got my head around it........!

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
In simple terms, what on earth should I be doing on the betrayal board!, I seem to just be moving people around, and I've no idea what I should be aiming to do.
It's actually pretty simple when you know a few rule of thumbs.

*Left option is always interrogate them to gain Intelligence for a particular safehouse. Using an interrogate puts the member at -1 rank. At 0 rank they are usually not assigned to any division which is not good because they are not assigned any rewards. 4 Safehouses you can raid, you need to get 100 Intelligence to unlock a safehouse.
*Right option is random so that's the one you need to read.
*Executing them gives +1 rank. There are 3 ranks maximum on a given member. Giving them rank makes their rewards higher BUT it also makes them harder and they can gain items to boost them up even further. Higher rank also means that they give more intelligence upon interrogation. It's generally not worth it trying to interrogate lvl1 or lvl0 rank members.

*Every member has rewards that are themed. You need to look at a chart for this one but it's non random and you know what every member will do. The variation is that each member offers something different depending on which safehouse they are under. So Hillock offers something different if he is in Research or Fortification. Look at the chart to see what you want (ie. Rin in Intervention is really god damn strong).

*Members can gain trust or rivalry against one another. Trust means there is a green wire attached to them and that means that they will aid each others when there is a spawn. This is good because it gives you more rewards and more "turns" to influence the board but of course it is more challenging. When there is a rivalry then what will happen is that either they will also come but will have an option that is negative for you or the board (ie. removing members from the board completely) or they will actually sabotage their partners in some way. This can be good or bad but I would avoid this.

*When you raid a safehouse, the person in charge of the safehouse is put in Interrogation and the person who was just below takes over and you need to start all over again. You can raid each of the 4 safehouses when you have gained enough intelligence and then the final is the Mastermind which requires intelligence only earned from safehouses (so it's a long process but it's essentially an end game boss).

*If you release someone from the board completely then a new member takes their place. You can only have 3 people in interrogation, if you attempt to have more than the one who was put in first gets out ahead of his turn.

Now this is extra but its tip to maximize rewards:

*You can have multiple members under a particular safehouse division. I can have like 4 people under and when I raid the safehouse.. ALL of them will come. The person who the yellow wire is attached to will become the new leader. If you have everyone at rank 3 then you can have MASSIVE rewards at the end of the Safehouse.

*What I like to do is to stack up on a safehouse that is about to fill up. So if I see that Fortification is almost complete, I start moving members to Fortification if I see that option. Likewise, if there is a safehouse that is far from completing then I move them around or interrogate them.

*The right option (which is not the interrogate option) is usually the more powerful option that helps you set up the board.

*There is actually a third option and that is walking away. You don't get the immediate reward for them but say you have a stacked up safehouse and you REALLY want to keep Rin in Intervention but the only two options that you get are removing from the board or interrogating her. In something like this, I just walk away completely and not picking one of the options.

There are honestly many guides out there now on this. It's more complicated than it appears and the board is very much in your control. You can make it easier for you or super hard. If you are starting out, don't go ham on ranking them because they become insanely strong and always pick the "remove items from members" option if/when you get it. And note that the item on the members aren't items that can drop from them but rather items that they are equipping themselves to buff them up.

Right, so I can move people by choosing the option not to imprison them, in doing so I can manipulate the types, (and quality from peoples ranks?) of loot that I could potentially get from raiding a safehouse, which must be levelled up with intelligence (is there a cooldown once a safehouse is open?, or once you've researched it it's always open?) , and gaining this intelligence de-ranks a person.

I assume that the more people you have at a safehouse, and the higher their rank, the harder the event will be?.

I imagine the lines mean you can (if they are attached with a green line), or can't (if attached with a red line), have those members in a particular event encounter?

I think I've got my head around it........!
This is mostly correct. When you finish a safehouse it changes leadershep and is reset back to 0 so you have to start again on it.

Green and red lines are just relationship. If say Hillock is in Fortifcation and Vagan is in Intervention, if on the map there is a Fortification event then Hillock can show up but if he does show up then it means Vagan will show up too. What will happen afterwards USUALLY is that Vagan will request to be moved to Fortifcation so he can be closer with Hillock. However, sometimes you can even get the Betray option if there is a trust relationship (you need to have trust to betray someone's trust!) which can result in one person promoting and the other demoting.

Last edited: