• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
I've probably spent around the 500 mark.

I reckon the currency and map tabs are the most crucial, followed by a quad then the others.

Div/frag/essence are just huge conveniences IMO whereas the quad can significantly increase farming efficiency.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
About $250 in stash tabs of all types.

Edit: I just looked at the dates of transactions on my account and its about 6 years worth. Just over $40 a year is pretty good going for the insane amount of hours I played.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
So far i only have the $20 new blood pack but it's very likely I'll drop $30 or $60 more on a supporter pack.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't touched this league yet. Kind of forgot about it honestly.

Any good simple new build guides I can give a shot at?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't touched this league yet. Kind of forgot about it honestly.

Any good simple new build guides I can give a shot at?
Everyone I see online is running either some Arc type build (Traps, Poet Pens or Totems) or the new Cold Snap/Vortex cold DoT builds or Blade Vortex. Probably the least build diversity league I have seen in some time to be honest. I can't complain since I am a scummy Arc user too hahaha! #partoftheproblem There are some people using some Cast on Crit builds too but that's not what I would call simple league starter. The new Winter Orb is very nice though, it's similar to Blade Vortex. The new Brand skills are very nice too.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, so it seems the ascendency stuff completely passed me by with my previous two characters!, at least I've found it now, the first two points have made a huge difference to my elemental witch!.

The learning curve is so brutal, but i guess that's one of the things i love about it!

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
just got this from some random yellow elder,first elder i've killed this league:

FB53709550AB11D0AE31DEEDFEF96ADA8FDA0B29

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Got my first 6 link item today. It's a trash 2hand axe that's already corrupted from dropping in a vaal side area, but I'm told any 6L is worth at least a few chaos regardless of quality?

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Got my first 6 link item today. It's a trash 2hand axe that's already corrupted from dropping in a vaal side area, but I'm told any 6L is worth at least a few chaos regardless of quality?

yeah they have something of a price floor because you can sell any 6L to a vendor for a divine orb(which are currently worth about 8 chaos)

DaTruth29

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Pro Tip: If you have quality on Enlighten, Empower, and the green gem (name escapes me), and use it on the Tora's Gem Experience reward you get when she's on research, the experience gain from the quality on those gems applies to the Tora's reward.

I just placed a 10% Q Enlightened gem into Tora's gem experience reward, and it went up 300M experience instead of 200M. This can be a quick way to level up those support gems!

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
So uh, I'm currently doing a safehouse, Tora is the boss, and I can't kill her. Not like she's too hard, she just won't die. Her life bar is at zero, I continue to wail away, and she just doesn't die. Guessing this is a bug?

red13th

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I just finished Act 10 for the first time and I'm doing maps. lol
So, for Hierophant Ascendancy, you go Pursuit of Faith, Ritual of Awakening and Conviction of Power for the first three labs right?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So uh, I'm currently doing a safehouse, Tora is the boss, and I can't kill her. Not like she's too hard, she just won't die. Her life bar is at zero, I continue to wail away, and she just doesn't die. Guessing this is a bug?
Yea its probably a bug, people have encountered something lile this. Maybe slot on a culling strike and it finishes the job.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dope, just got an Exalt

Edit: Wtf, listed Kaom's Roots for 1c, and got like 50 messages, one from a guy who offered 3c

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna post my second character build of the league before Mathil makes it and gets the credit for it lol:

https://pastebin.com/HTGxxwVF

It's a Debeon Dirge Daresso Defiance (the Quad D build) Raider that is meant to go fast and avoid almost all damage. Almost 6500 life, half a million DPS on Shaper on Cycle (which is actually pretty good). 230% movement speed without Vaal Haste (as fast as Queen of Forest builds these days), 98% attack avoidance, over 50% spell damage avoidance (can be more with different items or more expensive stuff or if you can fit in Vaal Grace into the set up). 80% of phys damage converted to cold.

With the Raider ascendancy, some uniques, flasks, Acrobatics keystones and Elder mods/plus new master crafts... I can get a ton of evasion, dodge chance and then blind from Pandemonius.

Break down: 40% attack dodge from Acrobatics, 6% from Daresso's Defiance, 10% from Quartz Flask totalling 56% attack dodge (more with Pantheon system or Boot enchant, can get to cap with Vaal Grace). With Raider Ascendancy and Jade Flask I get capped 95% evade chance on attacks. With Pandemonius Blind, I have effectively 98% chance not to get hit by attacks.

30% spell damage from Phase Acrobatics, 10% from Quartz and then 10% from Boots craft. Another 8% on Boot enchant for potential 58% spell damage, more with Pantheon system and if you can fit in Vaal Grace. But 75% is the highest you can get with spell dodge, nothing crazy like 98% avoidance.

Getting Cold conversion through Watcher's Eye Hatred 40% Cold conversion mod and the Winter Spirit nodes on Ranger. I am getting the instant Warcry nodes so I can use Warcry while Cycloning for more damage and speed. Because of Raider's generation of Frenzy Charges and Onslaught, I have 200% Onslaught effectiveness that is up all the time even on bosses. With Blood Rage, Frenzy Charge, Faster Attack support gem and Onslaught... I have 10 attacks per second witih Cyclone.

Elemental Overload is taken because the weapon has massive issues getting crit chance as it is a 2 handed Axe. This is a big damage multiplier.

I have Frostbomb and Vortex on Bonechill for cold penetration and increased cold damage taken. Vortex can be casted whenever I am Cycloning for added synergy. The rest of the stuff is on Cast on damage taken including the Frostbite aura though it's very hard to actually even be hit on this build! Pandemonius for Blind and 20% cold penetration.

Devoto's helmet for attack speed, movement speed and chaos resistance which is all excellent in this league. Atziri's Promise for more chaos resistance. Adrenaline Quicksilver to go even faster. Jade with curse removal, Quartz with freeze removal which also gives us Phasing and a life flask for bleeding. Daresso chest, Atziri's Promise, and Blood Rage gives us some life leech (around a thousand per second) which combined with the evasion is enough to sustain us, pick up one node on tree for mana leech though Rallying Cry is usually enough for mana sustain as well.

Ancestral Warchief and Lightning Golem used as the totem and golem of choice for more attack speed though completely not necessary on the build. Vaal Haste used as the vaal skill of choice, with option to include Vaal Grace (if you can remove some of the skills to make room for it). Has enough mana to also reserve Arctic Armor for phys/fire mitigation if need be.

Tombfists for intimidate, rings, belt and boots to cap resistances. Kill all bandits to get the 2 points. Murderous Eye jewels with cold damage to attacks, life and attack speed however for this build the normal jewels are probably better as they can get higher attack speed, area damage, cold/elemental damage and percent life.

I really wanted to try this build out when they buffed Daresso's chest combined with the new Warcry nodes. And yes I know I can use Darkray Vector to go even faster but I am already cutting a lot of life and resistances on other uniques so I can't give it up here as well. Tombfists are just too over powered to give up.

Dope, just got an Exalt

Edit: Wtf, listed Kaom's Roots for 1c, and got like 50 messages, one from a guy who offered 3c
It probably had high life roll, like close to 200 (close to 10 Chaos then) or maybe you picked it up from a divination card and it had a crazy good corrupted mod on it.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Really tired of the atlas system. They need Zana to sell you the maps you are missing or something. It's so annoying spamming people hoping one person responds so you can buy them in bulk.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
T8-T10 maps have been super buggy for me, triggered a bunch of the lower tier memory frags and I'm pretty sure they're dropping maps in accordance to their old tier last league. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Really tired of the atlas system. They need Zana to sell you the maps you are missing or something. It's so annoying spamming people hoping one person responds so you can buy them in bulk.

Use the official trade site and sort by time listed. It is so much easier than poe.trade as you can get people who have just put the map into their sale tab.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the npc changes really suck. I'm glad I don't need to grind rep but only zana sells shit now but only after doing her missions 3-4 times. her stock is much smaller too and doesn't reset once a day so starting out takes even longer. I liked being able to get stacks of currency from npcs too. Now there's no way to do that in game.

They really need to look at letting other things carry over between leagues or just doing away with them entirely. it's too much doing the campaign then struggling for weeks to get into yellow maps due to the shitty map drop rate. It's really bizarre when they could easily have warframe's progression without the constant start from zero reset and keep challenges too.

An in game listing system, for maps/currency at minimum, is sorely needed.

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the npc changes really suck. I'm glad I don't need to grind rep but only zana sells shit now but only after doing her missions 3-4 times. her stock is much smaller too and doesn't reset once a day so starting out takes even longer. I liked being able to get stacks of currency from npcs too. Now there's no way to do that in game.

They really need to look at letting other things carry over between leagues or just doing away with them entirely. it's too much doing the campaign then struggling for weeks to get into yellow maps due to the shitty map drop rate. It's really bizarre when they could easily have warframe's progression without the constant start from zero reset and keep challenges too.

An in game listing system, for maps/currency at minimum, is sorely needed.

If it takes you weeks to get to yellow maps ever, you're doing something really wrong. Even in SSF it shouldnt take more than a couple weeks to get into reds. It's easier than ever to get maps now as drops between delve, temples, zana giving completions, syndicate giving high level maps, no more gaps in the +3 recipe, etc. It's only week 2 and maps are already at rock bottom prices compared to other leagues because they're so abundant.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They could tweak a few things with Niko and Sulphite caps etc. Sometimes I go through big dry spells where I just never see the guy. Its getting harder now that delves are costing 700+ sulphite per node.

red13th

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I really enjoy Delve but the sulphite cap is super annoying.

I was feeling super squishy so I used my divination card for a 6-link, got an ES+Armour one thankfully, so I usied a few Chromatics to get the colours I wanted. I feel less squishy now. Still need more Lightning resist though! Still doing tier 3 maps :D

Mugsy

Oct 27, 2017
Welp I found a bug, I somehow managed to glitch through the gate of a Syndicate fortification without destroying it. I was using lion's roar and mashing Consecrated Path on the gate to destroy it at the time which probably caused it. You cannot destroy the gates from the inside so once in you are stuck. The syndicate member is invulnerable unless he attempts to do the teleport outside to harass you thing they do. In that case he teleports to you inside the fort and you can damage him but never kill him. I ran around until I eventually portalled back to my hideout and cancelled the map I was running.

5YnHi0i.jpg

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
League stuff needs tuning. The core concept is exceptional and engaging, as are the rewards but there is stuff around the edges that needs ironing out.

*Crafting system for certain recipes is kinda borked. You need Aul to get the 6 link crafting recipe.... come on now. How does this even make sense? By the time you get to Aul you already need to have a 6 link of you own!

*Visual clutter in the game has reached peak now. The syndicate stuff is just non sense at this point and I feel bad for anyone still playing any time of build that requires standing and attacking in front of Syndicate members to do damage. Plus there are off screen one shot mechanics in the game now... I think after a week we can finally say that the syndicate stuff is over tuned, people with 15K energy shield are getting one shotted (and this is chaos innoculation, people without good chaos res are getting one shot anyway).

Also this is hilarious (and describes all the defender of the one shot mechanics perfectly):

*Beast crafting stuff needs the beast orbs to return and more "consistency" on which beasts are likely to appear where. That way you can target farm certain beasts and sell their mats. Without tradable beast orbs, the Bestiary stuff is kind of a wash since it's very hard to actually take advantage of the mechanics in it.

*The Azurite and Sulphite stuff needs hella tuning but they already said they will be working on that. We need more Azurite drops earlier on that scales better with higher content (or rather scale with sulphite costs).

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Been messing around with CoC a bit, and think I'm just going to start another build this weekend when I have the time after finals. CoC is still super fun, but with the currency I would need to sink to get it do to red maps and bosses well I would be much better off doing another build. Mapping isn't a problem with CoC, but the single target is. With the new league mechanics being way over tuned not having good/great single target is a pain in the ass. Either I have to skip the new league stuff or just continue to lose 10% exp which is annoying.

When my power charges are up it's so damn fun to map though. Just wrecks everything for the most part. Arc+Glacial cascade is stupid good for clearing with CoC. Also, it looks cool as hell at least to me. Got a solid foil to drop so I think I might just go champion double strike since I already have Lycosidae. Going to just stash this character for a later date as the tree can be used for other things since it's just generic crit assassin.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Been messing around with CoC a bit, and think I'm just going to start another build this weekend when I have the time after finals. CoC is still super fun, but with the currency I would need to sink to get it do to red maps and bosses well I would be much better off doing another build. Mapping isn't a problem with CoC, but the single target is. With the new league mechanics being way over tuned not having good/great single target is a pain in the ass. Either I have to skip the new league stuff or just continue to lose 10% exp which is annoying.

When my power charges are up it's so damn fun to map though. Just wrecks everything for the most part. Arc+Glacial cascade is stupid good for clearing with CoC. Also, it looks cool as hell at least to me. Got a solid foil to drop so I think I might just go champion double strike since I already have Lycosidae. Going to just stash this character for a later date as the tree can be used for other things since it's just generic crit assassin.
What build are you using? CoC can get a lot of easy damage now.

I personally would run Scion Ascendancy for CoC, not Assassin. Scion has access to Juggernaut Ascendancy that allows you to avoid chill and stun but it also gives you 1000 accuracy which means that you don't need to run Lycosidae, you can run a second Cospri's instead for more damage. And you can still use the Assassin ascendancy for the easier crit and power charge stuff.

https://pastebin.com/f193q9ZQ

This is my Scion CoC. Ignore the Shapers ring, Pandemonius (though it's very good for the build) and the jewels around the Scion tree but you can still do a ton of damage on this build. More importantly it's way more tanky than the usual Assassin only CoC builds. I have MoM and Acrobatics for even more mitigation. It's still probably not enough and this is very similar to the build that Nugi just got one shot on LOL!

Also Lycosidae with Champion? That's a waste because Champion already has 100% accuracy!

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did they increase those damn exploding ice bugs damage? They've almost killed me in the mines way more than anything else so far. Azurite seems off too. It's hard to get enough to have decent light radius/resists while actually making progress.

And yeah stuff def needs tweaking. Syndicate ability colour spam is overwhelming at times. The new npcs are very imbalanced in terms of showing up. zana is too rare. Alva I've done like 7 full temples already and only seen zana on her own (no map mission icon) like 3 times. Mine guy is kinda rare too. It should be like before where you get one like every map or two.

I found out you can sorta buy currency from one of the npcs in oriath now but the hideout ones should sell them so I don't have to go there. Should also be able to change pantheon without sin, buy skill gems, npc inventory resets daily like before etc. Quality of life stuff. Also why can't we start in our hideouts yet?

Also I got a six link rare recipe for beast crafting. What's a good base to use for a totem heirophant? armour/energy shield I assume. I'm curious how other are building theirs. The build I was following seems very damage focused. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2201648 No mention of the multiple totems gem or pantheon suggestions. Thinking I might go brine king to help with mine bugs. Maybe lose the minion nodes to try get a bit more life I dunno. Hmm actually looking at other builds they're all pretty close to each other.

I'm not having any trouble yet due to slaughtering everything before it gets to me but in later maps I think it could be a problem. I don't have an essence worm yet so I lose half my mana, and I have like no dex so no phase run, or vaal grace/haste. I dunno why I'd want grace though. Wouldn't it make more sense to get discipline(the ES one) as most of my gear is armour/es. Also using shield charge instead of flame dash.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
What build are you using? CoC can get a lot of easy damage now.

I personally would run Scion Ascendancy for CoC, not Assassin. Scion has access to Juggernaut Ascendancy that allows you to avoid chill and stun but it also gives you 1000 accuracy which means that you don't need to run Lycosidae, you can run a second Cospri's instead for more damage. And you can still use the Assassin ascendancy for the easier crit and power charge stuff.

https://pastebin.com/f193q9ZQ

This is my Scion CoC. Ignore the Shapers ring, Pandemonius (though it's very good for the build) and the jewels around the Scion tree but you can still do a ton of damage on this build. More importantly it's way more tanky than the usual Assassin only CoC builds. I have MoM and Acrobatics for even more mitigation. It's still probably not enough and this is very similar to the build that Nugi just got one shot on LOL!

Also Lycosidae with Champion? That's a waste because Champion already has 100% accuracy!
Yea Scion is probably a much better option this league for CoC, but wanted to go the assassin route because I can easily do another build off this without changing anything. The tree is so generic that any I can swap to any other crit spell with no real issue. Going to revisit assassing + something in the future just not sure what yet. Wanted to mess around with different assassin builds when I get bored of the league .I meant lycosidae purely for leveling. Pain in the ass to level melee now without either two good weapons, or a weapon plus shield. Was doing some practice runs yesterday and wanted to blow my brains out without it. Also, hate going two handed. Just feels bad to me.

Rufus

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Welp I found a bug, I somehow managed to glitch through the gate of a Syndicate fortification without destroying it. I was using lion's roar and mashing Consecrated Path on the gate to destroy it at the time which probably caused it. You cannot destroy the gates from the inside so once in you are stuck. The syndicate member is invulnerable unless he attempts to do the teleport outside to harass you thing they do. In that case he teleports to you inside the fort and you can damage him but never kill him. I ran around until I eventually portalled back to my hideout and cancelled the map I was running.

5YnHi0i.jpg
Too late now, obviously, but you could have just logged out to free yourself.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
*Beast crafting stuff needs the beast orbs to return and more "consistency" on which beasts are likely to appear where. That way you can target farm certain beasts and sell their mats. Without tradable beast orbs, the Bestiary stuff is kind of a wash since it's very hard to actually take advantage of the mechanics in it.

that's kinda weird that you apparently can't trade them considering Einhar literally has a dialogue about trading beasts,guess they forgot to remove that one

on another note playing a storm brand build as a second character and it's kinda amusing how easy forts suddenly are,only in yellow maps but they're legitimately the easiest of the four encounter types right now by far and just super easy to take out without ever being in any sort of danger

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They might enable Beast trading later on. Even in Bestiary league, we didn't have beast trading until later on. Because other the system is scuffed since the Beasts are still very rare and tuned to a trade economy than a SSF economy.

Mugsy

Oct 27, 2017
Too late now, obviously, but you could have just logged out to free yourself.
In my confusion over what was going on I used a tp to go back to base and figure out what I should do. However that moved the tp location on the map into the stronghold, completely messing things up.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
As somebody who's never tried a totem build before.

Glacial Cascade totem build: Maybe this game isn't for me any more?

Arc totem build: PoE is everything, time to lose my job because it will never give me this level of satisfaction.