• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All I would like is a way to de rank or remove alliances for syndicate members (obviously with some cost to me), as I am now in a situation where I can't, and haven't been able to for a while, do a research mission because the members are too high a rank and (or) allied with strong members.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I have a beast that gives a guaranteed six link rare sitting in my menagerie I haven't used yet. Might be worth something now!

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where are people setting their CWDT level too?, what percentage of life (or in my case ehp because I assume CWDT pulls the damage number from both life and ES?) should you set it to fire at?

I am running two CWDT's, one pulls immortal call to give some immunity, but I am concerned that if I set it too low I'll get one shotted once the immunity drops off, also, is there anything that is better to replace IC with?

The other one fires cold blast, if I have 2000 life and set the CWDT to 500 damage, will it trigger it 3 times before death?, how much cooldown does it have?, so if I go from 1500 to 1000 too quickly will it not trigger?
To be honest cwdt is only good for auto casting stuff like golems, tempest shield etc. IC is just phys - meh, the best defensive option is enfeeble.

Fixed a bug where Tower Map was the only Tier 15 Map that could corrupt into Vaal Temple Map. All Tier 15 Maps can now corrupt into Vaal Temple Map.
Motherfuckers, who's gonna give me vaal orbs back, pieces of shit, what a waste of time

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be honest cwdt is only good for auto casting stuff like golems, tempest shield etc. IC is just phys - meh, the best defensive option is enfeeble.

It does also fire off enfeeble and clarity.

I am not convinced IC is a good pick either, especially as my char doesn't have enough str to level it up to the level where CWDT is, I think I'll have a look at something to replace it with.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Unless you have endurance charges the level of immortal call doesn't matter. Most builds don't bother levelling up it up very much because it's more important that it activates regularly. And the reason it's so so vital is because a huge amount of damage in the game is physical, and it gives you a brief window against burst.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This is a particularly rippy league but IC has absolutely saved me many, many, many times. Especially as a scion with jugg node.

I've been taking a break for a few days and will wait for the patch now and play some other stuff. I've probably put 200 hours into this league already, uhg.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having trouble getting Research syndicate encounters? So far the only consistent way I get them is by locking out every other branch. Are there some maps that just won't spawn them or something? I've been running t8's to keep my encounters around level 75 so I can hopefully have an easier time with the Mastermind but I almost never see Research pop up.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Anyone else having trouble getting Research syndicate encounters? So far the only consistent way I get them is by locking out every other branch. Are there some maps that just won't spawn them or something? I've been running t8's to keep my encounters around level 75 so I can hopefully have an easier time with the Mastermind but I almost never see Research pop up.
They're deliberately the rarest one, I think. Them and intervention.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017

For me Fortification is by far the most common. Intervention and Transportation seem about even to me. Then research being the rarest by far. 1/8 times on average if I have 2 available.

I did some Pure Breachstone farming and it was very frustrating. I swapped over to scarab farming and it was much more consistent.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone recommend me some witch ES builds that use shavs. Have all the gear I need to go ES, but can't really think of anything to play.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
That tracks with my experience.

For me Fortification is by far the most common. Intervention and Transportation seem about even to me. Then research being the rarest by far. 1/8 times on average if I have 2 available.

I did some Pure Breachstone farming and it was very frustrating. I swapped over to scarab farming and it was much more consistent.
I'm just trying to get the open x safehouse chests in research sub-challenge as besides Mastermind and Mastermind II it's the only Betrayal specific challenges I need.

Also I'm looking for a bestiary boss and haven't had any luck getting the portal for any of them.

shuno

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeahh.... u know, I have a question... again.

I started a second character and I'm going for this build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2276234
Here is my character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Tetshuno/characters?characterName=ShunopeW

I don't understand where the huge damage discrepancy comes from?!

I know, I have worse equipment, worse gems and less skill points. But where to start?

I have less skill points at the moment and I only have a 5-link with Armageddon Brand. Still...

For example, Hypothermia does a shit-ton of dmg when I deactivate it in the build for example. My Hypothermia does nothing. I already gave me an item that has added cold damage (and I don't see where the cold dmg in the build is coming from) and skilled Beacon of Ruin in Path of Building, but the overall DPS/damage didn't change when I activated/deactivated Hypothermia. Another thing are the superior gems the build uses. I tried to set the level below 20 and set the quality to 0, but the gems didn't lose their 'superior' bonus. So: How can I make a gem in Path of Building either superior or not? I set mine to 20/20 but they didnt got the added modifiers.

After all... my question is, where do I start to go for bigger numbers to catch up to the build I'm going for?
Most things that are left on the skill tree are defensive nodes.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
I'll start looking into it for you. Most likely its just options checked on the configuration page if the difference is that huge.

Edit: Ok heres a paste bin of your character with the correct options chosen from the build guides PoB. The only thing I changed was giving you a 6 link and leveling/qualiting your gems and your damage is higher than the early game PoB of the guide is with this. Your character profile only shows you using a 4-link for AB too. People always underestimate how huge gem levels/quality can be. Theres a reason why 21/23 gems are worth 20ex on some.

https://pastebin.com/yJ3uNvQX

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeahh.... u know, I have a question... again.

I started a second character and I'm going for this build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2276234
Here is my character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Tetshuno/characters?characterName=ShunopeW

I don't understand where the huge damage discrepancy comes from?!

I know, I have worse equipment, worse gems and less skill points. But where to start?

I have less skill points at the moment and I only have a 5-link with Armageddon Brand. Still...

For example, Hypothermia does a shit-ton of dmg when I deactivate it in the build for example. My Hypothermia does nothing. I already gave me an item that has added cold damage (and I don't see where the cold dmg in the build is coming from) and skilled Beacon of Ruin in Path of Building, but the overall DPS/damage didn't change when I activated/deactivated Hypothermia. Another thing are the superior gems the build uses. I tried to set the level below 20 and set the quality to 0, but the gems didn't lose their 'superior' bonus. So: How can I make a gem in Path of Building either superior or not? I set mine to 20/20 but they didnt got the added modifiers.

After all... my question is, where do I start to go for bigger numbers to catch up to the build I'm going for?
Most things that are left on the skill tree are defensive nodes.
If you are checking damage in Path of Building, you need to check the box that says "is the enemy chilled?" to get the correct damage values from Hypothermia.

If you set the gems to 20/20 then they will get the superior bonuses.

In your Path of Building you don't have "is the enemy chilled" "is the enemy ignited" options ticked. The other guy also has shocked ticked which isn't really accurate because you aren't shocking for full value but to match his numbers you need to have shocked tick. You also need to tick "you are ignited" as well since the whole build is based around that mechanic.

With a 6 link Faster Casting enabled, you are doing almost as much damage as the other guy. However, he will be doing more damage because he has Combustion on another link (he has it on Orb of Storms) and then he is using ANOTHER 6 link instead of Combustion on his main link. So that's where you can squeeze out more damage. You also don't have any jewels allocated in the build. And of course once you have 20/20 gems or 21/20 for your Armageddon brand then you will be doing more damage than the other guy even. So I would say just add in Orb of Storms + Combustion in your Boots (since you have 2 free sockets), change Combustion in your main set up with Faster Casting and then when you get a 6 link add in another link that does most damage (most likely Immolate). Finally, you can get more damage from Flasks by using stuff like Atziri's Promise, Wise Oak (balanced to have Fire resistance as your highest resistance) and Cinderswallow Urn.

Last edited:

shuno

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks to both of you.

Yeah, I guess I missed these checkboxes. Will check it out.

It was driving me crazy that the Hypothermia wasn't counting in my build in PoB. I also noticed that the gems get their superior bonus when raising quality. I tried it with one of my gems by raising the quality to 1 at level 20 and it didn't work, but now I noticed that some gems need more than 1% quality to get their new modifier. That's why I thought they don't change at all.

I wasn't using Orb of Storms/Mana Leech at all lately, it felt clunky and so I tried the Warlord's Mark + Blasphemie which feels much smoother to play. Looking for a ring with "cast Warlord's Mark on hit" now so that I can use Anger.

Also, I ruined my 5-link chest. I thought, 'hey - lets try to go for a 6-link'... well, yeah... now I have to play with a 4-link chest temporary. :D

I will try to get the better gems and ring/gloves next and the last two points for the ascendency.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out guys.

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
LOL never gamble with your chest that you have equipped. Gamble with a spare chest.

And Orb of Storm can also proc Combustion which allows you to go higher damage wise.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized I'm missing the Zana Map Mod of Elder. Saw the thread on Reddit about doing masters with it....

Wasn't even aware that Elder existed as an option because my first Uber Elder kill was this league.

:-/

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else likes this comics?

J572b6zx1x7UZPTRsmG8WrcPIDbbBfcySfldlTh0tXo.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexil...e_this_helps_poe_newcomers_to_find_out_their/

The artist is doing some really fun Betrayal content:

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Any tips on getting the Elder influence to push into t16? Couple times now I've had Elder influence sitting on a t15 node with no influence at all on the t16 and it won't move into it. Does it help if I complete the t16 even with no shaper present?

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
If you're trying to Kill Uber Elder you need to kill the Shaper once first, then nudge Elder influence towards the center of the map, and eventually it'll take over the Shaper's realm and the guardians, from there defeat all the guardians again and you're good to go.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Finally stopped being lazy and took on Sharper. Downed no problem only died because I was clueless. Max Block Agony Crawler is so cheap and tanky.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
What is the minimum requirement graphic card wise to hit 60 fps at 1440p during intensive gameplay?

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I would imagine the major limiting factor to framerate is CPU, network and HDD for this game.

I failed Shaper again today. Because of idiotic reasons. I know I can do it damage wise easily, I just need to stop being shit.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What is the minimum requirement graphic card wise to hit 60 fps at 1440p during intensive gameplay?
The minimum isn't too high but the game is far more dependent on CPU, your harddrive (solid state or bust) and good connection. Even if you have the best of the best, the game will lag behind as they still use antiquated server based calculations which causes performance issues.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
36 challenges are done! This was one of the more annoying ones to get but now it's time to play a little more chill...

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the my 4th ascension probably the worst part of the Xbox version is that sucks to find all 6. Even using dreamers trials it seemed to take forever. Now to see how far I can push this CI Vortex/ColdSnap witch. I do have a 6 link chest just need to re-craft it for more ES. What's the best way to go about that. Mine is only about 480 right now I know 700+ is very doable with 900 possible

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Finally got the my 4th ascension probably the worst part of the Xbox version is that sucks to find all 6. Even using dreamers trials it seemed to take forever. Now to see how far I can push this CI Vortex/ColdSnap witch. I do have a 6 link chest just need to re-craft it for more ES. What's the best way to go about that. Mine is only about 480 right now I know 700+ is very doable with 900 possible
You can check here to help see what you need for various ES levels. Not sure if that helps as I'm not a big crafter myself so I'm sure there are better options, but I think it's worth a look. Click on the various Energy Shield stats to see more details about item levels, etc.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks!

Yeah while it was still done pretty fast, there were just some really drawn out ones that didn't need to be. Upgrading the Temple rooms and getting all the Research stashes... omg... Zzzzz
Oh yeah, I skipped both of those challenges. They seemed really annoying to do.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Found a Lycosidae and a Halcyon in the same map, so I've got that going for me, which is nice. Can definitely afford a HH now, but I'm not sure why I even want one.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I've hit a bit of a wall, my char is level 84, and I'm up to about t7/t8 on maps and finding it tough to progress further again, I just can't seem to acrue anymore XP (due to deaths), and I can't find any gear that will improve my build.

I seem to deal enough damage, but can't take enough damage, plus I think the xbox version does really odd things (like messing up with the lightning warp position) when there is a lot of enemies on the screen, leading to me getting hemmed in and not being able to move anywhere.

My resists are all at 75%, I have about 3.5k ES and 2.5k life, I'd like to get more life, but I can't get the required drops (or crafting bases for master crafting) to do so.

I went SSF as I wanted to learn crafting and finding gear, rather than buying it, so maybe I should dump this char....

edit : I am considering dropping some ES nodes in the tree in favour of life nodes?, good idea or?

edit 2: been doing A LOT of reading on crafting, my gear is really unoptomised and I need to pay much more attention to crafting gear!

Last edited:

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
36 challenges are done! This was one of the more annoying ones to get but now it's time to play a little more chill...
I got my 36 done yesterday as well. I think it was quite a good league for challenges, few annoying RNG challenges.

Which 36 did you guys do? I'm at 28 and some seem doable with some grinding but I think more than 4 are over my head.
spoilered for length
Challenges I'm missing:
-Endgame Grinds (not happening too many are just not fun)
-Zana's Questline (not sure I can take Uber Elder)
-Mastermind II (even knowing the fight and running it a few times I think it's beyond my skill level)
+Atlas Objectives (doable just a slog at 65/400 so far)
+Maps with 8 Mods (easy but limited by vaal orbs for me)
+Scarabs (doable, just need to manipulate the syndicate or buy my way to victory)
?Encounters III (Killing A'Alai last seems doable but I got wrecked last time I tried, and I've never fought Uul-Netol so no clue how viable killing with 5 stacks of corrupted blood is, did the others)
?Fully upgrade rooms (at 15/24, RNG gated so no idea if it'll happen)
+Safehouse Stashes (Done with all but research, definitely happening)
+Encounters II (Need to fight a lich and release an essence, doable if I can ever spawn a lich)
+Depth 270, (almost there, just need to keep eating sulphite)

Looking at this I think Encounters III is the one I can sacrifice. That would mean dealing with Temple Room Upgrade RNG or killing Uber Elder.

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone ever have problems opening trunks or chests that are near to dropped items? Sometimes I cannot interact or the game doesn't respond when I press 'A' until I move away from whatever it is at which point it'll cast whatever spell I have bound to the button. This is XB1 by the way.

Overall I'm really enjoying this game. It's scratching the itch left by Diablo 3 as I wait for Season 16 to start. I'm currently level 26 and still trying to figure out how to maximize my skills with the support gems and linked sockets. It's a really interesting metagame in and of itself. I do wish there was some more explanation regarding certain skills (for instance, I realized I had to be wielding a bow in order to use skills like Ice Shot or Fire Arrow). I kept thinking in Diablo 3 terms where the skills work regardless of weapon.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Which 36 did you guys do? I'm at 28 and some seem doable with some grinding but I think more than 4 are over my head.
spoilered for length
Challenges I'm missing:
-Endgame Grinds (not happening too many are just not fun)
-Zana's Questline (not sure I can take Uber Elder)
-Mastermind II (even knowing the fight and running it a few times I think it's beyond my skill level)
+Atlas Objectives (doable just a slog at 65/400 so far)
+Maps with 8 Mods (easy but limited by vaal orbs for me)
+Scarabs (doable, just need to manipulate the syndicate or buy my way to victory)
?Encounters III (Killing A'Alai last seems doable but I got wrecked last time I tried, and I've never fought Uul-Netol so no clue how viable killing with 5 stacks of corrupted blood is, did the others)
?Fully upgrade rooms (at 15/24, RNG gated so no idea if it'll happen)
+Safehouse Stashes (Done with all but research, definitely happening)
+Encounters II (Need to fight a lich and release an essence, doable if I can ever spawn a lich)
+Depth 270, (almost there, just need to keep eating sulphite)

Looking at this I think Encounters III is the one I can sacrifice. That would mean dealing with Temple Room Upgrade RNG or killing Uber Elder.
The ones I skipped are Atlas objective, fully upgrade rooms, endgame grinds, and safehouse stashes. Basically all the grindy ones. I finished mastermind II over 3 fights with the mastermind, uber elder was easy with my build this league.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The do 8 mod maps challenge is bugged atm just fyi. Did 3 maps with 4 prefix and 4 affex last night, still at 27/30. Patch must have broke it.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uber lab is short, easy and with good rewards if anyone wants to do it. Someone asked for a carry job in the guild yesterday, if you need one PM in game at:

Mistérica_Presencia

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
is there info on trading/econ? i basically kept my head down and followed the coldsnap/vortex CI occultist to level 63. was able to get immortal call and phase run from friends but i need a 'cast when damage taken' gem to link em. tia

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
you can most gems in the game from Lilly in the epilogue. If you want a low level cast when damage taken make sure to not level it up.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone ever have problems opening trunks or chests that are near to dropped items? Sometimes I cannot interact or the game doesn't respond when I press 'A' until I move away from whatever it is at which point it'll cast whatever spell I have bound to the button. This is XB1 by the way.

If you use RS to act like a mouse pointer, it makes picking things up on XB1 much easier.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
I tried farming Ossuary and it was a chore

Someone pointed me towards Foothills, it's like a 50% speed improvement over ossuary because the flow is a lot better (which helps with intervention)... they are more likely to spawn near the checkpoint, you can reset in zone and when you tp to town you don't have to move and can reset right on the spot.

Sulphite scarabs are getting expensive right now