• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eldon

Oct 27, 2017
They thought that people were going to run big synthesis chains that would have dropped the maps needed. The only issue is that this league is so fucking convoluted, you have also the other masters that want attention.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the ZiggyD video, HOLY SHIT, there is so much of the synthesis mechanics that aren't explained in the game, thankfully there are videos like the one mentioned that explain some of the nuances.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, even the people who play the game insane amounts aren't getting much out of the league. The ridiculous amount of RNG in it makes it hard to see a point to it instead of just mapping and delving.

Can't wait to see the big patch and dive back in!

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
What is broken about it?

It's a level of RnG beyond anything I've seen in the game to date. Combine that with all the flaws of the current mapping system (maps auto failing, monsters at the spawn point, maps with only 2 runs on them, reward points spawning and blocking paths, mod and map cap) and it's just not worth the effort. You're better off just running maps and delves for fossils if you want to craft something shiny.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Enemies still crowd towards the beginning sometimes, but I haven't had many problems with memories "auto-failing" ever since I got a general idea of which direction to go based on how the decay is moving at the start. Memories with short durations before they decay are there to make you plan out what memories you want to preserve and which ones you are willing to decay so that you can travel a path you made.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
my problem is that I actually kind of liked the synthesis stuff I was doing early on, but I kept running into that bug where making a portal back to the nexus would soft-lock the game so you couldn't go anywhere without logging out, so I just ignored the thing entirely

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
my problem is that I actually kind of liked the synthesis stuff I was doing early on, but I kept running into that bug where making a portal back to the nexus would soft-lock the game so you couldn't go anywhere without logging out, so I just ignored the thing entirely
Better that you did, the rewards are hilariously bad. I ran a bunch of 10+ modifier nodes and gave up after an hour because I made less than 10c. The only good mod seems to be breach splinters, and to a lesser extent fossils.

The concept is really cool, but it's too fiddly to bother with at the moment for the level of thought and planning it takes versus the rewards.

I saw an excellent idea that would fix it for me: have each memory dominated by a past league mechanic. Perandus memories full of coins, beyond memories, etc.

They should also bake in "memory modifier" nodes into the pieces you find that apply to any connected node. Give us a reason to use 2L nodes without having to waste half of our charges trying to make the nodes worth running. This would reward longer chains as each successive memory placed would be more rewarding.

Letting us rotate pieces would also be great, as well as protecting against reward nodes closing off other reward nodes or popping up in places that violate the rules players have to follow.

Really, though, if fixing the league is too much work at this point the least they could do is actually make the current content rewarding. A massive quant multiplier is needed.

Last edited:

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
Midleague nerfs are pretty uncommon, but this might be OP enough to deserve it lol

Then again, arc and bv were untouched for ages.

If they do nerf it, it'll prob continue to be the elemental as chaos stuff since that's where most of the power is coming from, multiple conversions to double/triple dip on the extra chaos.

Honestly though, my own Hydra kill wasn't much slower, prob <10 seconds if you account for sitting through and add phase. There's been so much power creep, guardians and shaper just arent really that tough anymore.

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
I lost 70% xp at level 93 to chimera yesterday after steamrolling the rest of the game so you take that back !

Don't feel bad, I got OBLITERATED by an architect in an Incursion last night, then immediately fell over to some random mobs like a minute later, all this shortly after doing a deathless shaper ( which I admittedly ran into one of the bullet hell balls and survived with like 23 life). I still don't know what that architect hit me with to do over 7k in one hit. It's not like I was fighting him and missed a wind up, he was still at full hp.

Also, losing 70% xp with 6 portals is pretty impressive lol.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Divine Ire is great, still trucking along through T12's. I beat up the Lich delve boss and the lightning Synthesis boss without trouble, yellow Elder was a cakewalk, still pushing toward the more interesting content difficulty wise but so far I have nothing but good things to say about Divine Ire.

I got a neat unique fractured ring from the synth boss. It has a few properties tied to Herald of Purity, two of which are (to my untrained eye) insane. Increased Herald of Purity Buff effect 70-100%, and 40-60% Increased physical damage while affected by Herald of Purity. The synth'ed mod was not great (3 mana on kill and -14 lightning damage taken when hit) but if you could synth one with both of those herald mods and a decent implicit holy shit...

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't feel bad, I got OBLITERATED by an architect in an Incursion last night, then immediately fell over to some random mobs like a minute later, all this shortly after doing a deathless shaper ( which I admittedly ran into one of the bullet hell balls and survived with like 23 life). I still don't know what that architect hit me with to do over 7k in one hit. It's not like I was fighting him and missed a wind up, he was still at full hp.

Also, losing 70% xp with 6 portals is pretty impressive lol.
That was over 2 maps. I failed the first one so I ran pit again and died once (this time with no extra damage + vuln + enfeeble)

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Reaching act 10 on SHC and wow, vilenta fight was actually kind of difficult. The difficulty spike after act 9 is real. This is so intense! I can't believe it's taken me this long to jump back in this game.

I understand that killing Kitava A10 grants you resistance debuffs, but you need to kill him to unlock mapping right? So, theres really nothing I can do end game wise except just kill Kitava?(or get carried through, no way I'm soloing)

Lvl 66 juggernaut molten strike build, feeling great

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Dahbomb thanks for keeping me in the Storm Brand build. I'm flying through maps now and single target feels strong. Shattering off screen while diving through packs is just so damn satisfying!

This is quickly turning into my favorite build ever

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1552933603-sans-titre.jpg

Just vendored this because I'm a blind fucking idiot. Some dude PM'd me literally 30s afterwards asking for a price. Fuuuuuuuck me.

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
Reaching act 10 on SHC and wow, vilenta fight was actually kind of difficult. The difficulty spike after act 9 is real. This is so intense! I can't believe it's taken me this long to jump back in this game.

I understand that killing Kitava A10 grants you resistance debuffs, but you need to kill him to unlock mapping right? So, theres really nothing I can do end game wise except just kill Kitava?(or get carried through, no way I'm soloing)

Lvl 66 juggernaut molten strike build, feeling great

You can always grind Aquaducts or something to get a few more levels and do merciless lab if you haven't, but otherwise yeah, you must kill Kitava to do maps and you'll take another 30% res penalty when you do.

1552933603-sans-titre.jpg

Just vendored this because I'm a blind fucking idiot. Some dude PM'd me literally 30s afterwards asking for a price. Fuuuuuuuck me.

That hurts just to read.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
PSA: Do NOT vendor Stun/Block Recovery Fractured affixes if it's high tier roll. It can get Unwavering Stance as an implicit which can be valuable. In fact, if you get a Fractured item with a Tier 1/2 mod, better check online if it can turn into something good as part of a synthesis.

And yes I have already vendored items with tier 1 stun recovery/hybrid mod thinking it was shit. LOL!

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
PSA: Do NOT vendor Stun/Block Recovery Fractured affixes if it's high tier roll. It can get Unwavering Stance as an implicit which can be valuable. In fact, if you get a Fractured item with a Tier 1/2 mod, better check online if it can turn into something good as part of a synthesis.

And yes I have already vendored items with tier 1 stun recovery/hybrid mod thinking it was shit. LOL!
I put them for 1 chaos, they end up selling slowly but steadly.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I put them for 1 chaos, they end up selling slowly but steadly.
90% of players don't actually know what some of these items/affixes are actually worth. Feels like one can easily scam people by buying stuff from their tab full of fractured items that may have good affixes and then synthesizing something that can be worth way more than the sum of the 3 fractured items.

Probably the stuff that most people know are good is the + socket gem affix on bows and energy shield affixes.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
90% of players don't actually know what some of these items/affixes are actually worth. Feels like one can easily scam people by buying stuff from their tab full of fractured items that may have good affixes and then synthesizing something that can be worth way more than the sum of the 3 fractured items.

Probably the stuff that most people know are good is the + socket gem affix on bows and energy shield affixes.
Movement speed on boots is also very popular to sell.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When you have venored all of your trash [Cospri's Malice, Tinkerskin, Inpulsa (3 or 4) etc],
what is left to fear?

would vendor again

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this league has a challenge where you have to kill shaper without triggering any anomaly. There's the bullet hell phase though, so idk how you're supposed to do it since they ignore zana's shield..

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
So this league has a challenge where you have to kill shaper without triggering any anomaly. There's the bullet hell phase though, so idk how you're supposed to do it since they ignore zana's shield..

If you're very careful you can run a loop inside the bubble and never trigger it. You can see me do it at about 6:03 here https://youtu.be/RgMmaAkTr0o. I almost die coming out because I walked into one of the bullet hell balls, but I don't trigger the anomaly.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
okay that luck getting t6 maps yesterday has gone real fast. 21 t6 maps down. only 4 t7 so far. even tried trading 3 pens for a vault map that had a zana mission and it gave me a geode instead. almost 89 and 5 t6 left then it's back to white maps. yay >.>

zana really needs better/more stock and for the missions you find in maps that don't show on the atlas to reset her inventory quicker. I know they do after 'x' amount of missions but that can be anywhere from 2-5 missions. I've done 4 in map ie not showing before you go in today alone and it still hasn't changed.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
My goal was to kill Uber Elder but I don't think that the game will let me do it. I played an insane amount of time for standards, level 89, 100/159 maps completion and the highest map in my stash right now is a T8. I really don't wanna do the same yellow maps over and over again it's just not fun, it's fucking boring and repetitive. Zero sense of progression.

I still don't believe how Zana is that useless when they know that we trade maps with Russian bots
And it's not like maps are raining during other activities either

The game has a lot to offer. They should find a way to let people do what they want: lab farmer, delve runner, syndicate farmer (god people are farming the Quarry again). I don't care about the league mechanic, I just wanna go to the centre of the map and test my build

I have 2 exalted orbs, maybe I will come back when you guys will be able to sell packs of red maps for that price, or maybe I will try to level a melee character to know how it feels

Deleted member 3968

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen any map nodes in delve yet. I got like 12 maps from 2 ruined chambers but those are rare/rng and frankly you should be able to get maps from maps imo

Is there some thing from delve I'm missing in regards to gaining maps?

I dunno I've always had sustain issues with maps. even last league I played a ton got to 158/159 and still would repeatedly have to go back to t11-13 to get back to t15.

I alch every yellow chisel t13-16 etc but it always happens. I dunno if there's some obvious strat I'm missing or what. I try to find 1 of every tier before doing them as it seems to work better.

*shrug*

I dunno this game is really reminding me of warframe right now with how despite the record amount of things to do it takes longer/more grind to do anything. this is how you burn out your base. make things smoother and respect players time dont expect ppl to play 12 hrs a day to make progress.

I'm not even saying you should be guaranteed maps every time or anything but some more consistency would be nice. going 3 to 5 maps with no map drops then getting 5-6 lower tiers at once is deflating.

also more options for in game progress. trade should be an extra complimentary thing not mandatory. or at least have browse able in game list. it's impressive the tools the community has made but it's a band aid to fix the problems with drops in general. I want to play my exile not the stock market.

It's always been bizarre to me that you have this system and/or content that 90% of players will never see/use cuz crafting currency/rare gear to get to end game is so rare/gated through trade.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
no but you see, map drops are delicate! you don't want to upset the people who make a living off of RMT in this gameeeeee

DaTruth29

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I usually just do the highest tier map that I have available at the time. I chisel t10-12 2 times, and t13-16 4 times. I use either the Nemesis mod if the map mod already has that, or the Bloodlines mod if it already has that. I reroll my maps if they have a quant less than 75% or pack size less than 20%. I use the the zana mod to roll a random map of the same tier for yellows, and if I run out of rares I run the zana mod for running a shaped yellow tier maps to get them red so I can drop maps of that tier.

From my experiences, getting map completion and sustaining has gotten better the moment i decided to start investing my currency HEAVILY into maps. For red tiers, it's usually the 4 chisels, an alch, more than likely a chaos or 2 for rerolls, a vaal if I need to complete it or trying to upgrade it to a higher tier, a fragment, and then a zana map mod (if I haven't used a vaal orb). I also run prophecies and scarabs for the extra mobs. Yeah, I go in for my map gains, probably a bit too much, lol.

Deleted member 3968

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah I usually end up chiseling t10-12 twice too. it's just funny. like I went 4-5 maps without drops and now I got 4 academies from 1 map. thx for the zana mod idea though. I had forgotten about the same tier one.

I guess I can try other nemesis/bloodlines too if things get rough again. I like to keep my chaos for trading though I never end up going through with it and the few times i have i got no response. dont have much atm anyway.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wow.

Some of the Modifier mods are straight broken. The Breach splinter ones is insane, they arent weigthed and you get shitloads of Chayula Splinters running the memory fragments.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
In my experience map gains get better as you complete them. I usually aim to complete my highest tier maps and work from there. What usually happens is I bounce between tiers as I complete them and the more a tier is complete the more it becomes consistent that I get maps from that tier.
Wow.

Some of the Modifier mods are straight broken. The Breach splinter ones is insane, they arent weigthed and you get shitloads of Chayula Splinters running the memory fragments.
Yeah, Synthesis is more about what mods you get and not how many. It's why I think it's not just important to stack many mods on a single node but also to get a really cool mod on areas that aren't going to decay.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Being able to release syndicate members and not have to make a choice is the big one. It is annoying to not be able to spawn other syndicate members because you ignored one.

I wonder if they'll fix the research bug where you can prevent syndicate members from spawning in there which allows you to kill all of the enemies before the evidence stashes can take damage.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Friendly reminder to anyone fossil crafting a +3 gem bow. The iLvl of the bow must be at least 64 to get the +2 to bow gems mod. I turned a porcupine bow (ilvl 50) into a +1 bow and attempted three more times...

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
More patches incoming:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2467350

Seems like a lot of Betrayal changes. Only one spawn on non map zones but Intelligence has been increased.
Speaks highly to the state of the league. Most of the fixes are to Betrayal which is an awful sign. Going to be another couple of weeks before they do anything about the current league. By then it's going to be too late as people are already dropping the league. Betrayal should never have went core in it's current state.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a league every 3 months is too ambitious, And Chris Wilson said on Baeclast that the development cycle is not super smooth.
They have to fix the PC, the Xbox and soon the PS4

DaTruth29

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Maybe a league every 3 months is too ambitious, And Chris Wilson said on Baeclast that the development cycle is not super smooth.
They have to fix the PC, the Xbox and soon the PS4
Don't forget they are still planning the big 4.0 release at the beginning of next year, which will include the new models and probably other big changes. They might be biting off more than they can chew at that moment. I wouldn't be surprised if the next league is smaller in scope.