• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In case you're not inspired (taken from r poe)

WXqJKF7.jpg

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
How does EB MoM work with chaos damage? I guess it bypasses ES as normal, effectively bypassing MoM? Seems like those incursion spitters would be an issue with only 5k life. I wanted to try Arctic Breath Occultist with the Shadowstitch chest, since it gives some mapping sustain and also easy +gems since AB has three of the relevant tags but it might make it too hard to get chaos res.

Maybe EB MoM can consider cloak of Defiance now, since I believe the ES got quite a buff.

I think wiki has a section on this question specifically https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mind_Over_Matter

inter

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, I keep flip flopping on what I want to play. Thought I had settled on ele BV but BV always ends up feeling really clunky to me whenever I try it out in standard. It always looks like a ton of fun whenever I see someone playing it on Twitch though.

Now I'm debating Consecrated Path Chieftain instead. Decisions decisions, haha.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
4.24GB update is live, prob a good bit more for the Steam version.

edit: looks like Steam is 9.2GB

Oct 25, 2017
Still trying to figure out if I want to try something new or stick with the only build I know. I only started a few weeks back and am enjoying the Zombie Necromancer build I've been using. But that Arc Totem build from TheFatOne looks intriguing and I appreciate how you explained things for the newbies (like myself, really lol) amongst us! Blarghhhhhh decisions, decisions... 🤷‍♀️

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Very nicely laid out Google docs Guide that a redditor put together for the exact build I'm doing, Arc Mines (Shadow/Saboteur). From this thread on the forums.

If you want something that will give you a very detailed step by step, this is done quite well.

Oct 25, 2017
That Arc Mine Saboteur build seems intriguing, too. As someone who has no experience with either Totems or Mines, which would/could be more fun for a mostly newb? Is one significantly easier than the other to play?

I really like that Google Docs build above, really easy to follow and read.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
That Arc Mine Saboteur build seems intriguing, too. As someone who has no experience with either Totems or Mines, which would/could be more fun for a mostly newb? Is one significantly easier than the other to play?

I really like that Google Docs build above, really easy to follow and read.
Well with mines you have to detonate them manually, but now that they're instant and there's no delay, it's very fast and easy to do. They have a higher ceiling on damage as well versus traps. Traps you just drop and go so you have to wait for enemies to basically trigger them, so slower imo.

Only done mines once, 2 leagues back, Glacial Cascade, and it was insanely good. The nice thing with this build is you could later swap into that for better boss damage if you wanna take it far.

edit: just realized you said totems, not traps. Totems are great. I did Arc Totems last league for my starter and liked it a lot. Was gonna do again but wanted to change it up. So yeah, either way you go, Arc is a great skill that remains very strong.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
logged on to ps4 to download it today

found out they delayed it by 2 months just a week ago

:/

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
How you leveling? Just blowing through all acts? I will say I do kinda like releveling now that I'm getting better at it. It's fun getting new drops that are upgrades.

Sorry man.. shitty timing for a delay.
Pretty much, I'll just be using the guide for point distribution and ez gem referencing. I don't rush through the leveling like some do as there's a lot of time in the league and it's too stressful to always be going 110%. That said, I typically just do the quests for skill books and avoid most of the others.

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I usually do every quest, lol. I'm obsessive like that and can't look at my map screen with all those unvisited areas and pending quests, ugh. Between the new master specific missions, clearing out the new hideouts and Betrayal mechanics themselves you just have to run through most areas while getting a pack here and there anyways.

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could never play an isometric loot arpg with a controller. Nothing against options or people who enjoy that, but I just think I would go mad trying (I've played D3. Not for me). The click to move/attack/everything is such a core part of the experience for me.

5700 in line, not too bad...

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember to not waste your time on league mechanic and reach end game fast, you'll get the best prices early on

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I could never play an isometric loot arpg with a controller. Nothing against options or people who enjoy that, but I just think I would go mad trying (I've played D3. Not for me). The click to move/attack/everything is such a core part of the experience for me.

5700 in line, not too bad...
For combat it's ok, depends on the game of course. PoE's inventory system on a controller system seems like hell though.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So uh I am trying to find this syndicate thing for jun on the coast. I've cleared this place 3 times and no hideout. am I blind or or is this glitched?

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
Does anyone have a brief explanation of the Betrayal system? The interrogate/bargaining choices -- do they matter?

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Is still possible to get a guild invite? My account name is inter5. Thanks!

We don't allow inter fans. Sorry. :p

I'll send you an invite when I get in. Thought league was starting at 1PM for some reason....

Umm did guilds break? I can't see anyone talking anymore and my guild tab is empty?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, got disconnected about 2 minutes ago. Back in the queue wooooooooo

Was also getting an "achievement server cannot be reached" message (or something like that)