• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
Got the mastermind. I have no idea about the mechanics but the fight was cool.

Fight mechanic spoiler.

You have to stand in the corners and let the totems do an effect on you to progress the fight. Took me a bit to figure that out.

I knew going arc totems was a mistake. I'm just not a fan. Time to decide my second build, got about 4ex worth of currency this weekend so off to a good start for second char.

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I was one short of getting the Mastermind II challenge. Don't take damage from the [redacted] ffs.

Gonna have to keep it in mind for the next one.

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
As of right now the lab trials or glitched on Xbox but they are gonna be fixed tonight. Just got to act 3, I love this game so much

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm in act 6 and have not run into any Einhar/beast stuff at all except for the very first time you meet him, while folks I'm playing with have been running into beast events pretty regularly. Am I missing something?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm in act 6 and have not run into any Einhar/beast stuff at all except for the very first time you meet him, while folks I'm playing with have been running into beast events pretty regularly. Am I missing something?
He is more common in maps. Right now you are soon to encounter Alva and do her Incursions.

Also poe database has places where you can find recipes. Seems like the end game Prophecies have some of the best crafting recipes as well, same for Incursions. Rank 3 armor is in the Laboratory map though there is some RNG involved in recipes in maps.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
Did my first Mastermind safehouse today. Pretty cool overall, that final fight was pretty fun (though slightly confusing). If anyone wants to be spoiled, it's the very start of my last stream here. Managed to do it on my first try, though with a couple close calls as - like a lot of these Syndicate encounters - there's so much damn green stuff on the screen trying to keep track of the warning tells wasn't easy.

Also managed to find an Exalted Orb finally, so that was nice. Might hold onto it for when they add the +1 maximum totems veiled mod into the game next patch. Being at 3 max totems while summoning 2 at a time feels pretty shitty.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Started my first witch today on the betrayal league, really enjoying it so far, plays really really different from a melee based char (I know right, who'd have thought).

I have a question about elements and elemental resists on enemies, is it better to run 2 elements?, or just concentrate on one?, if any enemy has resist cold, and you only have cold effect, you are doing less damage, but less enough to worry about using a different element?, what about enemies with flat elemental resists, do I need to also think about phys damage?

Might be a noob question, but I can't get my head around it.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Focus on a single element (and skill).

First, if monsters have significant resists that need to be taken into account, they are resistant to ALL elements. Not just single one. Sure, some yellow mobs during leveling have things like "resists lightning" but those resistances are not really something you should worry about.

Two, it's far, far easier and more efficient to just increase your damage output by 30% or something, than to do a whole setup of alternate element skills that you switch based on monsters you encounter.

Instead of looking into ways how to get around resistances, you should be looking into how to penetrate resistances. This support gem is just one example of many penetration sources: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Fire_Penetration_Support

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Focus on a single element (and skill).

First, if monsters have significant resists that need to be taken into account, they are resistant to ALL elements. Not just single one. Sure, some yellow mobs during leveling have things like "resists lightning" but those resistances are not really something you should worry about.

Two, it's far, far easier and more efficient to just increase your damage output by 30% or something, than to do a whole setup of alternate element skills that you switch based on monsters you encounter.
Thank you, I'll carry on with my lightning witch then!

red13th

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
gdahnZs.jpg

Nice!
Dropped in the act 6 Trial of Ascendancy.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got to mapping ran a few but now at work :( Sydicate hit hard. A reset member sold me a tabula but I'm not sure how far I can get without the life and resist now that I'm mapping. They are harder than the bosses. Hopefully they give good rewards. Did two safe houses. Not really sure how they work yet.

red13th

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Best not to overthink it imo. Kill a lot of beasts then do the recipes that seem good (unique armor, unique belt are very good for instance)
There's a few valuable recipes you don't want to waste, like one that allows you to dupe 6L items.

I mean the real basics, because when I clicked a recipe four monster slots showed up, I added a monster to the slot and it went off anyway. I don't really understand how those recipes work. Also I seem to have a few beasts in the menagerie and they don't show up when I click the recipes.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean the real basics, because when I clicked a recipe four monster slots showed up, I added a monster to the slot and it went off anyway. I don't really understand how those recipes work. Also I seem to have a few beasts in the menagerie and they don't show up when I click the recipes.
1) You capture beasts in Einhar (WE ARE GOING TO BE BEEEEST FRIENDS) missions.
2) By capturing red beasts, you unlock recipes.
3) Recipes consist of a main, red beast and 3 generic yellow ones. You can choose the red/yellow ones or the game will auto fill them for you.
4) In the Menagerie Blood Altar, you can begin the ritual by challenging the beasts involved in the recipe.
5) killing the Beasts complete the ritual and you get your item.
5b) Some recipes require you to provide an item (if you need to modify it) or generate items of thin air (currency most of the time)
6) You can trade beasts with other people.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I assume it's possible to miss this menagerie thing then?, I must have passed it by on 2 playthroughs!

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bestiary and menagerie were exclusive to a league earlier this year. It's just been added back to the game with delve and incursion with the new master system.

Mugsy

Oct 27, 2017
1) You capture beasts in Einhar (WE ARE GOING TO BE BEEEEST FRIENDS) missions.
2) By capturing red beasts, you unlock recipes.
3) Recipes consist of a main, red beast and 3 generic yellow ones. You can choose the red/yellow ones or the game will auto fill them for you.
4) In the Menagerie Blood Altar, you can begin the ritual by challenging the beasts involved in the recipe.
5) killing the Beasts complete the ritual and you get your item.
5b) Some recipes require you to provide an item (if you need to modify it) or generate items of thin air (currency most of the time)
6) You can trade beasts with other people.
I joined recently and never played the original league so what is the general strategy for using your beasts? Do you save them up or use them as you get them? Which recipes are the ones to focus on?

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I joined recently and never played the original league so what is the general strategy for using your beasts? Do you save them up or use them as you get them? Which recipes are the ones to focus on?
Honestly, with the revamped Bestiary system:
NO idea.
Unique Belt and Unique Armor recipes are always good to try, since you can get (VERY RARELY) Impulsa or Headhunter, two top tier items that sell for a lot.
Other uses are adding specific modifiers to Flask instead of using dozens of Alteration Orbs.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ice spear is working really well for me. I started following Enki's Arc guide but any time there's a lightning node picked up I took the corresponding cold node instead. Currently level 79 and up to T5 maps nothing has presented an issue aside from the occasional syndicate intervention jacking me. I could use better gear and the Lab enchant for decreasing the "arming" distance of ice spear will be a game changer if I ever get it. I keep arc around for narrow winding tunnels since Ice Spear isn't great at that but the more I level Storm Brand the less I think I need to keep arc on board. Gear is all picked up stuff with some crafted stuff to level out resistances and boost HP.

Once I can open Uber Lab I'm planning on swapping a ring to Malachai's Artifice with a flame golem attached. The fire damage from the golem should trigger Ele Equilibrium for a nice damage boost in addition to the base boost Flame Golem already grants.

Boosting HP/Mana is my main concern right now (3.6k/1.2k with MoM). My defenses aren't going to be enough to deal with Syndicate Strongholds or Intervention attacks in yellow/red maps

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I've been replacing the lootfilter sounds with Starcraft sounds rather than pushing to get to maps. I have my priorities straight.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I started a new Diablo 3 season, I would plan on playing a specific character, play it for a few days, then inevitable switch to a totally different character and end up focusing on that instead. I already feel that I might end up doing that here, save for the fact that there isn't a specific other build I want to mess with just yet. Brands seem cool but as I am already playing an Impale build I'd rather not hop immediately into another experimental area.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I've played the game on and off since the beta but never really had a grasp of skills/synergy/equipment part of the game. I usually just wing it until I start to eat shit then drop the game. I'd like to give this new league a shot, does anybody have a beginner bow build they could possibly link?

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I've played the game on and off since the beta but never really had a grasp of skills/synergy/equipment part of the game. I usually just wing it until I start to eat shit then drop the game. I'd like to give this new league a shot, does anybody have a beginner bow build they could possibly link?
I don't have a build per se (but there are many you find through searching, bearing in mind that you want cheap builds as you have no currency), but some general advice:

Path of Building is an amazing program for calculating builds, which will help you see how good nodes in the skill tree are (mousing over them will tell how much you get in dps, life, etc). You can import builds from pastebin, and a lot of build guides you'll find will have links so that you can import the build, This helps to learn what passive skills are the important ones.

After act 5: make sure you have capped (75%) of the three elemental resistances. This will make you take a fraction of the damage you'd otherwise take as mobs start to hit hard with elemental damage.

Upgrade your weapons every so often, as they'll mean more for your dps while levelling. Armour is less important because you want +elemental resistance more than armour, energy shield, or evasion (mostly once you've passed act 5). Flat bonuses are good because of the passive tree being % increase, so + flat life is better than +%life on gear.

If you get that far, Blood Aqueducts in Act 9 is a famous farming place for xp and currency. I'd suggest levelling to around 70 at least when you get there. It has good enemy density and is an easy clear because it's so linear.

Skill gems: The game now tells you what support works on what (since last league iirc), and you'll need to use support gems to increase your damage. Path of Building does help recommend the best support gems for dps (treat this as a recommendation).

That's hopefully enough general advice. Unless you are amazing at remembering things, I wouldn't try to learn everything right away. Get the basics down, and slowly learn why things work and get a feel for the game. I'm no expert, but I have played at least one build for the last few leagues and learnt alot.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Weird they almost always seem to do a countdown as a heads up. Didn't see anything, was just abruptly DC'd.

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Fixed a bug where "Find the Map Item" Zana missions could drop maps at higher tiers than intended."

Pretty much all my red maps before reaching T11 came from here, smh.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the boss of act 6 without dying, so the bit of upgrades ive had recently are definitely noticeable.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
e
Lol Im using Jojo sounds
Do want

lvl 82 Profane decay occultist slowly making my way through (same fucking) white maps and now Zana missions are gone :( maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Hopefully, there are the incursions and bestiary to shake things up. And there's always a syndicate member's to play "apply decay and hide" with lol

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Damn didn't even know about the +1 totem veiled mod removal from the game, and now it looks like they are going to add it back. Some amateurish stuff from GGG on that one. If they wanted to remove it that's fine, but to say nothing and hope nobody notices was a bold move. Considering the player base I'm not sure how long they thought they could get away with a move like that before people notice.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Damn didn't even know about the +1 totem veiled mod removal from the game, and now it looks like they are going to add it back. Some amateurish stuff from GGG on that one. If they wanted to remove it that's fine, but to say nothing and hope nobody notices was a bold move. Considering the player base I'm not sure how long they thought they could get away with a move like that before people notice.
About 3 days, apparently.