• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Never played a RF build before are they still pretty decent and "cheap" to start? Or what else is a good tank type build ?

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to get 2 more challenges for 24. So uh is it impossible to get the 'kill the crater boss with 10 skellies' as a totem user? I've clearly had more than 10 skellies but I can't make the totems kill her 1st.

Also how does the unique map challenge work? Can you map share or does it only count for whoever uses the map. cuz I have several extra maps to trade.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never played a RF build before are they still pretty decent and "cheap" to start? Or what else is a good tank type build ?
Yeah it's pretty cheap to be able to reach t10 maps, even a bit higher. I'd say with a 1-2 ex budget you can already do decent things. You'll need kaom's heart and rings early enough but they're affordable enough (kaom's hearts has cards for it too)

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Cheap(ish) to start, expensive to polish. It depends on how far you want to take it. Fossil/Horror spamming an elder helmet for some combo of 30% more, conc, burning damage, life, and/or -enemy fire res can get pricey. It's not needed unless you plan to do the absolute endgame content.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I decided to switch back to Wild Strike in favor of Tectonic Slam with this oni-goroshi scion. I also decided to forgo a 2 socket Tombfist for good gloves and an assassin's mark ring.

With Assassin's Mark, Dying Sun, Xoph's Blood etc both Wild Strike and conc effect Molten Strike do crazy damage + I am relatively tanky. Pretty happy with this build but it is a pretty expensive one, especially given the price of oni-goroshi now and I use 2.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
I jumped back in after about 4 years and enjoying it a ton. I have ignored the league mechanics to a large degree to this point but ready to start trying to figure out the syndicate (and even incursion) - it sounds like I might have been missing out! Been playing a pretty cookie-cutter deadeye/tornado/barrage ranger with some success up to level 88 so far. I would really like to join up with some other players and get some help with build and progression. Is there a resetera guild and, if so, how would I go about joining?

Delve is the best thing they have added outside of maps imo

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Arg i bought a sick claw for my agony crawler build but it had level 18 poison attribute. Now i don't have enough mana to use my main skill and an aura. On top of that i thought i could remove the craft on it and replace it with something else I wanted and was wrong. Feels bad :/ thank God it didn't cost much. Still gives me 60% more minion damage

DaTruth29

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I've been trying to get a Place Additional Mine solo on my helmet for god knows how long. It doesn't help that purchasing Orb of Alterations is peak "Are you still sane exile?" trading. Kill me.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Killed Shaper on my Arc Poet Pen character. Damage has been quite good on the set up. I could probably do Uber Elder as well with some damage upgrades but that fight is too annoying without a Kaoms Root. Seems like a good time to start a new character but I am on vacation now so no PoE until 2 weeks. Will still be browsing PoE related stuff to see what people are up to.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I spent the bulk of my currency making cheeq's COC Assassin build for both me and my brother, so that's nice. Hope it doesn't suck lol

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know which armor set is this one?

RoUUfrc.png

shuno

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's slowly coming together ... here's my character: ShunopeR (skill tree is not up to date).

But there is another mystery for me. In both builds I saw they went for 1+ Frenzy charge two times and I think duration too, but I can't find any Frenzy charge builder (weapon, skill, gem) in their builds. Did I miss something (again)? It's the build posted a few pages ago. Did I miss a skill on the skill tree that grants a builder?

Is the ResetEra guild active? May I get an invite?

Last edited:

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
K it's been a week and still no research syndicates. Beyond tired of fortess/intervention spam.

If you unlock the safehouses for specific mission types and dont run them they stop spawning in maps for a little while until the research starts to drop. About 3 maps/turns I think. Then you can just fill the tiny bit of research up and avoid it for 3 maps again.

I would suggest doing intervention safehouses for gilded scarabs though

Deleted member 3968

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No research has never been full. I always do safehouses asap (besides the boss one). I have almost 40 safehouse chests open for fort/transport but only 7 for research and 17 for intervention. I also haven't seen niko in over 40 maps.

The spawns just suck and need to be rebalanced.

Rufus

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
What Lapsed is saying is, don't run the safehouses for departments you don't want to show up. Because when their safehouse is discovered, they'll stop showing up in the world for a couple 'rounds', forcing other departments to show up more often.

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
It's slowly coming together ... here's my character: ShunopeR (skill tree is not up to date).

But there is another mystery for me. In both builds I saw they went for 1+ Frenzy charge two times and I think duration too, but I can't find any Frenzy charge builder (weapon, skill, gem) in their builds. Did I miss something (again)? It's the build posted a few pages ago. Did I miss a skill on the skill tree that grants a builder?

Is the ResetEra guild active? May I get an invite?

Your profile is set to private, so we can't see it. Are you talking about Mathils Deadeye Ice Shot build? He's using Blood Rage, gives frenzies on kill.

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, missed it on the Blood Rage gem. Will give it a try!

Also I set the profile to public.

On your tree, get a jewel in your second socket, its just empty right now. Take out 2 of the dex nodes near Blood Drinker, youre connecting to it from both sides when you don't need to.I would prob take out the 2% move speed node by Heart of Oak as well, not worth it imo when you need big nodes still like Revenge of the Hunted and Forces of Nature and you can get one of them with the other 2 points as well.

Try to get some more life on your gear, sub 3500 with a belly is reeeealy low, you have 0 on 4 pieces of gear that at the very least could have crafted life on every single one. Could swap the Rat's Nest for a Starkonjas if you wanted to as well for more life. Also you aren't resist capped on cold and lightning, get that fixed asap.

Get better flasks, you have two life flasks that arent even max tier, get a single seething divine flask instead. You need some way to mitigate freeze and bleeds so make sure you have an "of Staunching" and "of Heat" flask at the very least. an "of Warding" for curse immunity would be a good 3rd option

Rufus

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Get better flasks, you have two life flasks that arent even max tier, get a single seething divine flask instead. You need some way to mitigate freeze and bleeds so make sure you have an "of Staunching" and "of Heat" flask at the very least. an "of Warding" for curse immunity would be a good 3rd option
The Blood Altar conveniently offers all the suffixes, btw. It's enough to hit the right prefix. Makes crafting the right flasks so much easier.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious if there's anyone in here that ends up enjoying leveling characters but gets overwhelmed by PoE's endgame. I've made like 6-7 characters that have hit level 7X in Betrayal but once I get there I feel so stupid that I just start making a new character hoping like something just clicks. I fucking love this game but man, I feel so overwhelmed once I get there and I bounce off. Its driving me nuts.

shuno

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm curious if there's anyone in here that ends up enjoying leveling characters but gets overwhelmed by PoE's endgame. I've made like 6-7 characters that have hit level 7X in Betrayal but once I get there I feel so stupid that I just start making a new character hoping like something just clicks. I fucking love this game but man, I feel so overwhelmed once I get there and I bounce off. Its driving me nuts.

For me it was the other way around (like with every game where you have a leveling and an endgame part) . Leveling was dreadful and the fact that you have to do it for every new character instead of doing maps/missions from the beginning is probably the reason I wont level another character. Too much running around talking to uninteresting characters.

shuno

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, I guess I will try it with the Bubbled-Flask?!? Seething seems kinda low? I mean, I'm just at T10 right now, but with my old flask I could just stand in front of the bosses, tank and hit them. Died 3 times today with the soothing and its low, instant regeneration.

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Use whatever works for you. If Bubbling stops being effective in later tiers switch back to seething. Just remember to craft the appropriate suffixes like staunching etc.

shuno

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, I thought that Seething will be better later. I was just talking about my experience today :D Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the input from you guys. So thanks for the input at all!

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My current position with my build gear and passive tree, is that is can easily do rare T1 maps, fairly easily do magic T2 maps, and moderately manage rares, i struggle a bit with anything other than normal T3's.

What is the best way to go to get better gear and XP for levelling? Rare T1 better than doing magic T2 or normal T3?

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
My current position with my build gear and passive tree, is that is can easily do rare T1 maps, fairly easily do magic T2 maps, and moderately manage rares, i struggle a bit with anything other than normal T3's.

What is the best way to go to get better gear and XP for levelling? Rare T1 better than doing magic T2 or normal T3?

What sort of build are you playing? If you're struggling that hard with low tier maps, there's something fundamentally wrong with your passive tree or gear.

For what it's worth though, I don't alch anything below yellow maps (t6+).

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What sort of build are you playing? If you're struggling that hard with low tier maps, there's something fundamentally wrong with your passive tree or gear.

For what it's worth though, I don't alch anything below yellow maps (t6+).
Arc witch, and yeah, there are a number of fundamental issues with the build, i need better gear and currency to match the end game setup of the build, which i am a little way off, plus i still need to build my resists some more, hence my need to grind for more and better gear.

shuno

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Captivating Hypnotic Eye Jewel of Malice
Abyss, Level: 54, Item Level: 73
Adds 13 to 14 Chaos Damage to Spells
4 Energy Shield Regenerated per second

Hm, can't find any of this on poe.trade... either it's total trash or rare? :)

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Captivating Hypnotic Eye Jewel of Malice
Abyss, Level: 54, Item Level: 73
Adds 13 to 14 Chaos Damage to Spells
4 Energy Shield Regenerated per second

Hm, can't find any of this on poe.trade... either it's total trash or rare? :)
Doesn't look like much really
Damn, absolutely nobody's buying Chayula's Pure Breachstones. Back to selling Tul's I guess.
I think people run pures for XP so that's why

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Trying Path of Exile for the umpteenth time.
Never got past Act 1 before, and I'm already seeing characters around level 7-8 just powering through the areas like it's nothing.

It's kind of off-putting that I can't enjoy the Diablo like story/gameplay multiplayer in its proper form.

Mugsy

Oct 27, 2017
What is the best way to set up for selling extra maps? Do you set up the map stash tabs to be public with set prices for entire tiers? Do you set the manually on each map within the tabs? Should you take the maps you are thinking of selling and put them in a separate tab for selling and set a price for each?

I am worried about setting it up wron and accidentally making a mess. I have a bunch of extra maps, mainly mid tier, and would like to make some chaos on the side selling them every once in a while.

Rufus

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
What is the best way to set up for selling extra maps? Do you set up the map stash tabs to be public with set prices for entire tiers? Do you set the manually on each map within the tabs? Should you take the maps you are thinking of selling and put them in a separate tab for selling and set a price for each?

I am worried about setting it up wron and accidentally making a mess. I have a bunch of extra maps, mainly mid tier, and would like to make some chaos on the side selling them every once in a while.
No real way to fuck anything up so long as you price your stuff and respond to offers in a timely manner (i.e. instantly).

You could shell out for another map tab just for trading, but I'd just put them in your regular sales tab. Price one of any kind you want to sell, just so it's indexed, then fullfill from your map tab.

Ah, that sort of sucks.
I've enjoyed Diablo 2's story, for what it was worth back then.
It does meet that standard, I think (hard to guage considering my massive nostalgia blinders for D2), but you'll have to play solo or team up with people who want to sight-see as well. Most people you meet will have heard it before and/or don't care and want to rush endgame.

Deleted member 3968

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ugh. ok that's enough for today and probably the next few days. Finally got up almost lvl 92, had both transit and fortification safehouses full. Fort shows up anyway and spawns in such a way that I literally have to go through it to beat it. Map had poison,ignite and 2 extra projectiles among other things. fort spam killed me 3 times before I gave up. Over half a lvl gone. Last shrine map too.

Was gonna wait til I leveled to try the syndicate boss, pale council and a breachlord to get to 24 challenges but don't fucking care anymore atm.

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
Trying Path of Exile for the umpteenth time.
Never got past Act 1 before, and I'm already seeing characters around level 7-8 just powering through the areas like it's nothing.

It's kind of off-putting that I can't enjoy the Diablo like story/gameplay multiplayer in its proper form.

While there isn't really a story like you'd expect from a Diablo game, the lore and writing is very good in this game. (I would argue as good if not better)
Play the game for yourself take your time listening to dialogue, reading bits of lore on unique items, listening to all the bits of ambiant dialogue scattered through the various areas, no one is preventing you to.

Don't make a big deal of people you see in towns going faster than you or rushing, in those types of games most people don't give a crap about the story or the lore, and since the game revolves around 3-month leagues most people have already played through the story multiple, multiple times so most are rushing everything to get to the good stuff, plus almost a month into the league most people start to make new characters if they haven't multiple times already.

shuno

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yesterdays felt the first time in a few days that I made some money. A Tabula Rasa, a King's Heart Card, a Divine and some single Vaal and Chaos Orbs. Probably around 60 Chaos or so when I sell everything. Also all the small stuff that already takes up all my stash and doesn't sell at all :)