• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Made the biggest investment I've made in any league earlier with a 3.8 ex level 4 Empower. Next big move would be a version of my chest piece with a corruption for +1 level to socketed gems, but I haven't seen one listed for the socket colors I need, and the ones for other socket colors have been like 10 ex.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Made the biggest investment I've made in any league earlier with a 3.8 ex level 4 Empower. Next big move would be a version of my chest piece with a corruption for +1 level to socketed gems, but I haven't seen one listed for the socket colors I need, and the ones for other socket colors have been like 10 ex.
You can change socket colors at the bench for some Vaals.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This just dropped for me:

OpaVwrD.png

I'm just looking at it like it's my first child about to sold off for a fortune, lmao

This would be utterly insane for tge build Im running with.

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
So, still a noob here and need some advice - in trying to get the last memory fragment (t16) I accidentally (ignorantly?) triggered Elder and guardians in all red maps. I could take out the Purifier but the Eradicator and Enslaver can pretty much one shot me out of nowhere. I haven't tried the Corruptor yet but assuming it would go similarly. The Elder is on a T15 map so guessing that, even if I managed the other Guardians, that is no bueno as well. Information on the web seems a bit dated and not well organized but it looks like I would be much better off if I spawned them in low tier maps. However, I can't sever the influence area as I can't kill any of the remaining bosses. Will they eventually lose influence on those maps so I can try again?

Rufus

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
He does disappear eventually, yes. Provided you keep running maps. The wiki says 20, but I never counted, so I don't know how current that information is.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Elder influence is such a fucked up game mechanic. Annoying as fuck that shaper influence can spawn out of thin air and basically remove like 5 maps of progress. Holy shit, I'm probably just gonna give up on trying to do Zana's stupid quest.

People are starting to make videos of the Syndicate profit method:

https://youtu.be/WYesGiK1MlU
Until the gap in price for Tul's Breachstones and Tul's Pure Breachstones is actually affected, I'm fine with this being mainstream.

Darktalon

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
I feel so lost in this game trying to know what I'm supposed to pick up and or use. Yes I use a loot filter. I still get tons of items. It's exhausting going through all these items when I really don't know what I'm even looking for.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel so lost in this game trying to know what I'm supposed to pick up and or use. Yes I use a loot filter. I still get tons of items. It's exhausting going through all these items when I really don't know what I'm even looking for.
That was one of the biggest issues I had, using a semi strict loot filter and only picking up things that were relevant to the char (and build) I was playing, and/or were a legit upgrade (plus most currency) helped.
95% of loot is vendor trash.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having quite a bit of fun with the latest build I've leveled, the Cyclone Summoner Guardian. You just spin though mobs spawning heralds of purity and agony and your guardian buffs mean all of them are stacked with frenzy (and other) charges. Very cheap to start with too, although of course really high level stuff will cost a ton (elder/shaper bone helm with implicit minion damage and +2 socketed minion gem levels, for example.)

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I've been running Engineering Eternity's Armageddon Brand build and holy shit does it hit hard. Got her up to 91 and smoked T15 elder in about 4 minutes. Ended up with a Chaos Impresence. Next step is to attempt shaper guardians, shaper, and the mastermind. I've done some research into the mastermind fight (watched a couple youtube vids mostly). Is there a detailed breakdown of mechanics (preferably written)? Farming up intel just to get a shot wasn't exactly my idea of a fun time so I want to make the most out of this opportunity.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
I've been running Engineering Eternity's Armageddon Brand build and holy shit does it hit hard. Got her up to 91 and smoked T15 elder in about 4 minutes. Ended up with a Chaos Impresence. Next step is to attempt shaper guardians, shaper, and the mastermind. I've done some research into the mastermind fight (watched a couple youtube vids mostly). Is there a detailed breakdown of mechanics (preferably written)? Farming up intel just to get a shot wasn't exactly my idea of a fun time so I want to make the most out of this opportunity.
Mastermind fight isn't particularly difficult mechanically. Just dps her or her underling until she is invulnerable, then go into a corner to make her vulnerable again. Rinse and repeat.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Act 5, level 47 or 48

You're basically past the point of worrying about anything that isn't a direct upgrade from what you're wearing, so ignore pretty much everything that doesn't have your preferred defensive stat on it or is a tiny high value item like belts, rings, amulets, currency, div cards, jewels, superior flasks and gems, and then fill space with the 3 color 3 link items that vendor for a chromatic but just the smaller things like knives and boots and such, never body armor or huge 2 handers.

The defensive stat you're looking for usually matches what area of the skill tree you're sinking your points around just so you know you always have the raw stats to equip the best gear, as in if you're getting a lot of dex get evasive items, a lot of strength get armor, a lot of int get energy shield. Hold ALT to see an item's base ilvl and tab your minimap around to see the info in the top right that tells you the ilvl of the monsters in the area. Try to keep your base item levels near to the content you're doing so your defenses and weapon damage don't fall too far off, but if the item has enough desirable rolls there's a lot of leeway there.

+ maximum life is probably the most important roll in general followed by resists. A ton of your damage comes from your skills and link # as opposed to needing to get a bunch of incremental added or % increased damage, so you don't need to value those stats super highly so much as making sure you always have a linked 4+ socket item for your main skill. Try to get a flask that buffs a defense type you aren't getting from your gear, 3000 evasion from a jade flask does little to change your avoidance when you already have 6000 evasion, but if you have like 200 because you're stacking armor then 3000 evasion is a huge boost. Always wear boots with the highest move speed you can find.

That should get you through the main story and keep you from compulsively picking up every rare. By the time you finish up you should also have a nice little stack of chromatics saved up and they are always in moderate demand because there's always a ton of end game players trying to get a very specific color combination on their shiny 6 socket end game items who will trade chaos for some chromes, and starter mapping build items usually only cost a chaos or 2.

shuno

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What do you guys think about this ring for a Ranger/Ice Shot build?

The Taming Prismatic Ring
Item Level: 80
--------
+10% to all Elemental Resistances
--------
20% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments per Freeze, Shock and Ignite on Enemy
+29% to all Elemental Resistances
30% increased Elemental Damage
10% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite
30% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Its not that good. You can get an equivalent Opal Ring which has Implicit Elemental damage affix and can get an explicit elemental damage with attacks affix as a prefix. Plus you can get Life on it which you can't get on that.

This is a ring mainly use by Elementalist or Elemental Hit builds to take advantage of the increased damage per ailment on enemy. Elementalist can essentially always shock and ignite so it will always give 40% increased damage. With Ranger Ice Shot, sure you will Freeze packs but against end game bosses you won't be freezing them so that affix is worthless and it would just be a ring with some elemental damage and resistances (well a lot of resistances but you dont need that much) but no life or other damage mods.

An Opal Ring can get Max life, elemental damage with attacks, plus damage to cold attacks and resistances. In addition, you can use a Mark of the Elder ring and pair it with a Shaper ring (any usable Shaper base ring with resistances, life and maybe some damage) for a lot of damage (80% increased damage).

Mark of the Elder
Steel Ring
Requires Level 80
Adds (3-4) to (10-14) Physical Damage to Attacks
Adds (26-32) to (42-48) Cold Damage to Attacks
(6-10)% increased maximum Energy Shield
(6-10)% increased maximum Life
(60-80)% increased Attack Damage if your other Ring is a Shaper Item
Cannot be Stunned by Attacks if your other Ring is an Elder Item
20% chance to Trigger Level 20 Tentacle Whip on Kill

shuno

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Okay, I will check poe.trade for another. I noticed yesterday that poe.trade lets me search for adds # elemental damage to attacks and adds # fire damage to attacks, but I can't select cold damage?!

Another thing with the resistances... how important is the second number in the brackets? Some say only the first is important, in other threads poeple saying that the second number is a buffer. But yeah, what are the values I should try to get?

Last edited:

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Between brackets is how much actual resistance you have. Ideally you want enough res to be capped when affected by elemental weakness (which can roll on maps) unless you use plenty of endurance charges which will compensate in that case.

shuno

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I replaced members on the syndicate board like 100+ times now and never had Rin show up. According to the wiki, the mastermind is another unique named character. So she can't be behind the mastermind icon either. Am I so unlucky?

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Syndicate members can go die in a hole, they are just so way OP compared to the surrounding enemies, I am up to Tier 5 maps, and doing fine, but as soon as the syndicate turn up I (can) get annihilated, I can do most of them if I kite the members a bit, but the research one (4 out of 5 must survive) is a nightmare, I am just trying to rank the members down and remove alliances (and create rivalries) to make it more manageable at the moment, I like the added challenge but when something just one shots you out of nowhere it makes my teeth itch.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I replaced members on the syndicate board like 100+ times now and never had Rin show up. According to the wiki, the mastermind is another unique named character. So she can't be behind the mastermind icon either. Am I so unlucky?
Sounds like shit luck yes
Reward scaling is still dogshit, 3 stars rin in a hideout with level 83 gives me tier 10 maps at best. Absolute trash.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Syndicate members can go die in a hole, they are just so way OP compared to the surrounding enemies, I am up to Tier 5 maps, and doing fine, but as soon as the syndicate turn up I (can) get annihilated, I can do most of them if I kite the members a bit, but the research one (4 out of 5 must survive) is a nightmare, I am just trying to rank the members down and remove alliances (and create rivalries) to make it more manageable at the moment, I like the added challenge but when something just one shots you out of nowhere it makes my teeth itch.

It isn't just surrounding enemies. I can face tank minotaur guardian but get shredded by syndicate members sometimes. Same with Red Elder.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
So I tried my hand at the Mastermind Fight (lvl79 area). The central pillar started blasting too fast for Flame Dash to keep up in the last phase. I lost but only just as Armageddon Brand did finish them off. Pretty sure next time I'm coming in with more than 1 life flask since my Regen isn't super high. Bummed I missed out on the rewards and have to grind it up again. I took my frustrations out on the omnitect and managed to get the challenges done for that at least. Just two more till I get the aura effect.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Did you reveal all the non Masternind question marks?

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
I've mentioned this a few times in the guild chat, but is there any interest partying up at the start of the league to amass currency? Grouping is just busted right now, and coming up/executing a strategy in the first couple of days in a group should be beyond busted. Today I messed around with the monstrous treasure prophecy in an elder t16. Got an ok return, but had I been in a group with mf gear it would have been broken as hell. I want to start a group for the start of the next league, and I'm just guaging interest right now. So if you are interested please post about it on the thread.

For those of you who are new to the game or have trouble pricing things here's a really useful poe trade macro you can use.

https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Started a Vortex/cold snap CI occultist, it's amazing. Beat the 3rd lab at level 55 not even close to full power yet. I think I take her and finally beat Shaper

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
Started a Vortex/cold snap CI occultist, it's amazing. Beat the 3rd lab at level 55 not even close to full power yet. I think I take her and finally beat Shaper

Thats what i'm doing now. Killed Uber Elder for the first time with this build. Took me two sets of frags, but second attempt only took me two portals.

Build is great!

I also bought a 7ex weapon, biggest transaction ive had in PoE thus far. I prefer to craft my own stuff most of the time, but hard for weapon minion damage.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do bestiary mechanics show up in atlas maps? I've not seen any of them since starting them last week.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So this is my first attempt at mapping (probably obviously from my questions!), I am now up to the stage where I have won my first shaper orb, and the elder influenced maps have appeared.

The game tells you next to nothing about how to proceed, but I guess I now need to shape my tier one, and somehow increase the elders influence?

What T1 maps are good for shaping, I was thinking Channels?

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this is my first attempt at mapping (probably obviously from my questions!), I am now up to the stage where I have won my first shaper orb, and the elder influenced maps have appeared.

The game tells you next to nothing about how to proceed, but I guess I now need to shape my tier one, and somehow increase the elders influence?

What T1 maps are good for shaping, I was thinking Channels?
Use the orb and it will tell you what to do. Channel is ok. In the end early shaped maps won't matter much, as in the end game you want to run tier 14 to 16 maps only.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Use the orb and it will tell you what to do. Channel is ok. In the end early shaped maps won't matter much, as in the end game you want to run tier 14 to 16 maps only.
That's good to know, I won't sweat too much over which map I use it on, it's just that it's a one hit currency item that I didn't want to waste it!

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
Both Channel and Atoll are good targets for tier 1 shaper orb.

Channel is a pain to full clear though. Lots of random back tracking.

I'd recommend Atoll for new players, or Ramparts if you want a bit more density.

But like they said before, eventually you wont run anything under T11 unless you are spreading elder influence.

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
6 linked my armor first time I have done it myself in 26 days played and then a poets pen dropped a few minutes later

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where are people setting their CWDT level too?, what percentage of life (or in my case ehp because I assume CWDT pulls the damage number from both life and ES?) should you set it to fire at?

I am running two CWDT's, one pulls immortal call to give some immunity, but I am concerned that if I set it too low I'll get one shotted once the immunity drops off, also, is there anything that is better to replace IC with?

The other one fires cold blast, if I have 2000 life and set the CWDT to 500 damage, will it trigger it 3 times before death?, how much cooldown does it have?, so if I go from 1500 to 1000 too quickly will it not trigger?

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
When triggered, CWDT has 250ms cooldown when it's not tracking damage.

So yeah CWDT might trigger 3 times before death in your example, but only if enemy hits for exactly 500 damage and then patiently waits that your CWDT cooldown is over before hitting you again.

2000 life
Enemy hits for 1900
CWDT triggers, you are at 100 life.
250ms passes
CWDT can be triggered again, but you need to take another 500 damage before that happens and you are at 100 life.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So basically suck it and see then, toss up between firing once with less reduction in skill, or firing more (and risking not firing enough) with more skill reduction.

I'll have a play with it.