• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently PS4 version coming along with 3.6.0 in March, wonder how it'll run compared to the XBX version, do GGG ever do any kind of account transfer?

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably old news for many, but finally unlocked my first ever mtx on a PoE league for getting 12 challenges, wonder if I can get to 24 before the league ends!.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Probably all the christmas/new year vacations for GGG staff, they need to stick old 3-month cycle so the vacations make already tough schedule even tougher. I think they just haven't had the time go tune the league mechanic further.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm amazed they just didn't bother fixing the league mechanic not scaling at all with difficulty.
Delve rewards don't scale either?, I'll be honest, I've side stepped a lot of the betrayal content up till now, the risk / reward just hasn't been worth it, the syndicate members just seemed to ramp up in difficulty compared to surrounding content way too much (for me) at end game, especially on yellow and red maps.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Delve rewards do scale? Meaning items dropped from monsters & chests & and in city (monsters+chests)? From what I have seen.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Delve rewards do scale? Meaning items dropped from monsters & chests & and in city (monsters+chests)? From what I have seen.
How do they scale (as in get better) apart from ilvl the loot seems to be the same from running a low level delve to a higher level, you get more so it that what you mean by scale?, as in you never get more loot from syndicate members?

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do they scale (as in get better) apart from ilvl the loot seems to be the same from running a low level delve to a higher level, you get more so it that what you mean by scale?, as in you never get more loot from syndicate members?
You get plenty of T16 maps if you farm delve enough.
Syndicate is 98% about speed and 2% about monster level

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
You get plenty of T16 maps if you farm delve enough.
Syndicate is 98% about speed and 2% about monster level
Yeah, especially considering every time I've done a t16 syndicate experience with maps I've gotten t12s or less. Just stupid.

All risk, no reward. I get better loot from the monsters leading to the syndicate than from the map boxes.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm amazed they just didn't bother fixing the league mechanic not scaling at all with difficulty.

It is going to be interesting how they implement The Syndicate on the next league because the current mechanic is too slow, tedious, risky and not rewarding enough.

They also need to do something with high level crafting as it is too tedious and restrictive for low-mid players.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they'll do, or have done, a lot of tweaking to it then, because if it rolls over to the next league as is, I'll just side step it again.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind bestiary, but incursion is terrible.
Same stoopid red beasts all the time, did anyone encounter ones for 4 bosses?
So far the only use is for 5 - 1 prophecy, go to altar, get 5 trash uniques, vendor for 1 even trashier unique.
And I bet fossils don't stack. Create inventory for 1999 and 0 content, add tons of shit but keep inv unchanged, at certain point it just gets out of control.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I liked how each beast was a loot explosion in Bestiary League. But then they nerfed the loot severely when Bestiary went core. Sadface.

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
Scarabs having been added to the fragment tab seems like a dead giveaway that betrayal is going core.

Let's just hope they keep iterating with how every league mechanic has been implemented to improve them cause yes Incursion feels bad and Betrayal could be the exact same if implemented in a similar way.

Also if Jun truly becomes a permanent master we definitely need her to have her own set of hideout decorations.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Um, the Syndicate mechanic is the easiest and fastest, most rewarding mechanic they've put in the game from my experience. The issue isn't the rewards. It's the fact there's zero incentive to do it at high levels.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I got a couple of bosses, a few Imprints one and one other good one from Bestiary. Crap drops from the random generated stuff ones.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My XBX crashed on the last stage of Izaro in the Eternal Labyrinth, to say I wasn't best pleased would be an understatement.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Um, the Syndicate mechanic is the easiest and fastest, most rewarding mechanic they've put in the game from my experience. The issue isn't the rewards. It's the fact there's zero incentive to do it at high levels.
Agreed. I wouldn't mind coming loaded for bear in a T15/16 map to deal with the syndicate if the mission rewards (or even high level safehouses) weren't as rewarding as spamming Harbour Bridge or Ossuary.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I'm doing much better today. I was very close to going into the ER cause I was terribly dehydrated but got my dad who lives close to go buy 2 things of Gatorade and 2 of Pedialyte. Drank them all and still wasn't enough... it was nuts.

But if you need any help with Uber Elder or what not, I'll be on later today (Pacific Time) so hit me up whenever.
Just an update (sorry for the two-in-row). I've summoned uber elder. Gave it a shot and got wrecked. Just too much going on to keep track of. My damage was fine (got to the first add phase pretty quickly) but I was too sloppy and got hit by too much. I either need more HP or need to not suck lol. I got one more set of fragments so I'll see if i can pump up my hp a little more.

I watched a bunch of vids but i clearly lack the awareness to manage both of them at the same time. If you have any ideas or want to come with me the next time i go it would be appreciated.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Just an update (sorry for the two-in-row). I've summoned uber elder. Gave it a shot and got wrecked. Just too much going on to keep track of. My damage was fine (got to the first add phase pretty quickly) but I was too sloppy and got hit by too much. I either need more HP or need to not suck lol. I got one more set of fragments so I'll see if i can pump up my hp a little more.

I watched a bunch of vids but i clearly lack the awareness to manage both of them at the same time. If you have any ideas or want to come with me the next time i go it would be appreciated.
I'm on for a bit, hit me up if you wanna run. Are you in the guild? If not, hit me up - KadinVortexCI

edit: well I gotta log for now, hit me up here and I'll try to respond when I can for us to meet up

Last edited:

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on for a bit, hit me up if you wanna run. Are you in the guild? If not, hit me up - KadinVortexCI

edit: well I gotta log for now, hit me up here and I'll try to respond when I can for us to meet up
I appreciate the effort. No worries I suspect I'll despawn elder by the time we can meet up. If I get it to pop again I'll poke around. I just think I'm not geared enough to compensate for my inexperience with the fight.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow got a 6 link in like 7-12 fusings. Just shy of 10k energy shield on my occultist.. Def had much better luck this league. Don't think I'll get to 36 though. At 30 now. Better than below 24 like usual.

Still need:

26 research stashes. ugh.

The t3 map temple room. Come so close many times.

2 of the encounters III

Mastermind I. I'll do this once I finish the research stashes.

137 map missions. ones you find in maps should count too imo.

Delve boss and beachhead from encounters IV

Mastermind II. Probably not happening.

Atziri and shaper for deadly encounters.

Zana's quest. Got the guardian maps just need to try them. My arc heirophant beat Phoenix but only barely. Guess I'll try CI vortex tomorrow. Also have elder influence in red from around coliseum/courthouse to factory so if I can beat them should get uber elder easier.

Then the end game grinds which yeah no lol.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
If anyone needs help with various whatever in Betrayal, SC, I'm glad to try and help. Eldritch_Spectre lemme know if there's anything you could use help with, glad to try and get ya to 36. I'm West Coast, US time and can usually play early evening until early morning. Mastermind II was the only one you have listed that I couldn't do myself... or rather I tried a few times and that was 3 times too many, lol. I bought the challenge for an ex and got it done very quickly from a nice challenge runner.

Some of the others like End Game Grind also just takes too damn long, never have gotten 40 challenges in a league and doubt I ever will.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got the temple room. Need another 2 research safehouses then I'll try mastermind.

Never done shaper could use a hand with that.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
I highly doubt anthem will come anywhere close to PoE in terms of loot mechanics to learn.

On that note, i will be playing anthem next week, so not talking down on the game.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
"We expect mid-march is likely"

Thanks for the link ! Seems like they don't know either ah ah ah.