• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
"We expect mid-march is likely"

Thanks for the link ! Seems like they don't know either ah ah ah.
Yeah it's kinda odd that its been delayed a bit. I know when it was announced for Xbox, it seemed to come out pretty quick. I can appreciate the fact though that they wanna take their time to make sure it's done to their standard.

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
Just paid someone 1ex to get mastermind I + II at the same time cause farming Research stashes was destroying my soul D:
Got my 36/40 I'm done for now.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man who designed this syndicate boss fight? What a clusterfuck of green shit everywhere. Barely beat her lvl 82 version. Got the shield at least. And 2/5 mastermind II somehow.

Up to 33/40. Don't think I'll get more than that. Too much rng or grinding to get the last 100 atlas objectives.

Gonna try Shaper tomorrow and see how that goes.

If anyone has a beachhead map or the bottom 2 fragments for abyss atziri or Uul -Netol shards to trade lemme know plz.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I am thinking about a build for the next league, any tips?

I've played arc witch this league, and quite enjoyed it, but it has been quite squishy in terms of phsy dmg, I have liked ranged casting, and also like some kind of summoning like skeletons or zombies.

So any suggestions for something a bit more tanky that can take phsy dmg and is a ranged caster, but is not brain dead to play and needs a bit of positioning.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I really need to listen to my gut more. For a while when I level melee I like using Frost Blades then move on to some other skill (Cyclone, Tectonic slam, etc). I finally decided to just level a frost blades character. I'm having a blast. I went Champion for the permanent Fortify and extra defenses. Gear is pretty standard (Loreweave, Starkonja's, Tombfist, Yoke of Suffering). Upgrades are The Taming and >350 pDPS swords HP floats around 5100 and could be better if I get lucky on a deal for boots or a ring that doesn't compromise too much damage for HP. It's such a simple skill but man it's fun to whirl around and blow everything up. So far only level 82 rank 3 Tora has proven a consistent problem from the syndicate. I haven't run it against Shaper but it wrecked Elder and the Shaper's Guardians (including my first deathless Minotaur).

Depending on what skill updates they make for next league I think I'm going to start with Molten Strike. I've never actually leveled a MS character and I prefer going a tankier route to start that scales easily. I don't think I'll be making currency as easily next league though.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
RANDOM SHIT

I killed (my first) shaper with my lightning saboteur but I failed to kill the mastermind. You know what I don't really wanna grind the syndicate for another attempt.
I have 4.8K life and I don't know if it's enough for Uber Elder :( It will be my goal for next league

Ultimately I was reading about more than actually playing the game, I gonna agree with what has been said on Betrayal's reward: should scale better.

There's something that I really hate in this game the drop in high tier map are utter shit and the end game gearing is too much craft-oriented.

IMO the best part of this game is levelling, setting up the build and getting into red maps and the fun disappear once I hit level 90. (Big assumption) Mathil is famous for that reason, he is doing the funniest thing of POE trying stuff

Next league, I'm gonna start with storm brand if they don't nerf it.

Thanks to the skill tree reset I gonna try a necromancer build with my witch... in the standard league (after making some order in my inventory lol)

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoy crafting, i went SSF this league as i really wanted to learn the game in depth, i just wish there were more ways to push the rng in a certain direction, delve and essence crafting helps, but there just aren't enough options, plus you need to plough a heck of a lot of hours in the game to get a good stack of currency.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I really enjoy crafting, i went SSF this league as i really wanted to learn the game in depth, i just wish there were more ways to push the rng in a certain direction, delve and essence crafting helps, but there just aren't enough options, plus you need to plough a heck of a lot of hours in the game to get a good stack of currency.
Having so many of the best crafts be exalt costs instead of opening up some high chaos options really messed with the economy this league. It also hurts the SSF experience, IMO.

With so many crafting options available, chaos spamming is in a really useless place. That, combined with a complete lack of great chaos sinks (no good zana mods), the value of chaos (the most consistent currency), was half of what it usually is.

Hopefully they fix it for next league.

And as a HH owner filled with regret, MHHGA by bringing back Beyond mod.

Last edited:

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Just threw like 100 t16 maps into the guild stash just because i could

Edit: just decided to add about 100ex worth of random shit to the stash because why not

Last edited:

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
if i want really fast movement speeds what builds should i look toward? I get 99% increased movement speed on my occultist with phaserun+2 flasks and its not enough.

I want to go faster.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
if i want really fast movement speeds what builds should i look toward? I get 99% increased movement speed on my occultist with phaserun+2 flasks and its not enough.

I want to go faster.
You should be playing something like Pathfinder or Deadeye/Raider if you want raw fast movement speed. You generally play with something like Queen of the Forest and stack a ton of Evasion. Deadeye in particular is really good because of the Tailwind bonus which multiplies speed bonuses.

In addition, you can also look into something like Daresso's Defiance which gives 100% increased effect of Onslaught.

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
You should be playing something like Pathfinder or Deadeye/Raider if you want raw fast movement speed. You generally play with something like Queen of the Forest and stack a ton of Evasion. Deadeye in particular is really good because of the Tailwind bonus which multiplies speed bonuses.

In addition, you can also look into something like Daresso's Defiance which gives 100% increased effect of Onslaught.
I got tipped by a friend to try pathfinder but will definitely look at all her ascensions now.
thx man

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welp uber elder rekted me. Got em both down to 25% but god damn dodging 1 shots for 10 min isn't good boss design.

Why does it respawn you in town too?

Finally quelled my anxiety enough to msg ppl abut items to try to get to 36 but no one responds. Why can't I just browse and pay for shit in game? No ppl necessary.

Got 2 fragment sets left. Gonna try a couple more times tomorrow then I think I'm done with this game for a while.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Welp uber elder rekted me. Got em both down to 25% but god damn dodging 1 shots for 10 min isn't good boss design.

Why does it respawn you in town too?

The walk of shame

I will start map later today with my brand new spectre summoner I'm level 71

Just threw like 100 t16 maps into the guild stash just because i could

Edit: just decided to add about 100ex worth of random shit to the stash because why not

Thanks, I will use some to level up, I hope I will have enough exalt to buy a 6L for my build

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, a 6L takes some doing, I've been trying for weeks, hundreds and hundreds of orbs, and still nothing, I know quality increase the chances, but does quality over 20% increase it more?, the piece I am trying to 6L has 42% quality.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Man, a 6L takes some doing, I've been trying for weeks, hundreds and hundreds of orbs, and still nothing, I know quality increase the chances, but does quality over 20% increase it more?, the piece I am trying to 6L has 42% quality.
A 20q item takes an average of something like 1100 fusings. Higher quality does help, but I haven't seen the numbers.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone do me a favor? I need "Cannot be frozen" crafted on my boots. I'll pay for the service. I just don't trust randos. I'm Bladeslaw in game.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Saw this got bumped. You know, the only good thing about Anthem being lame is that I won't have anything keeping me from the next league.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
I was hyped for Anthem, I begged for a key for the VIP demo like a poor dog ... and oh boy ... even the menus aren't good

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The loading times put me off immediately, and the gameplay wasn't even that fun, so it was an easy hard pass.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Uber Elder kicks my ass so bad, 4 unsuccessful attempts. My goal was to try and learn but Jesus that was brutal fuuuuuuuuuu.
My goal next league is to build a character that can face tank that fight

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Uber Elder kicks my ass so bad, 4 unsuccessful attempts. My goal was to try and learn but Jesus that was brutal fuuuuuuuuuu.
My goal next league is to build a character that can face tank that fight
Let me know how that works out. I'm in the same boat. I've tried three different characters but I'm too slow to survive. There's just so much shit going on with that fight it's hard to keep track of the tells. I got to the 50% mark once with a Frost Blades character. I probably have one more decent shot at it this league before I switch to hideout hunting mode.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
I summon the brains of POE Era

I want something like this (but with more DPS lol)

I'm trying to convert all of my Anthem-hopeful buddies to play this starting next league. Wish me luck.

You have friends to play with ... so lucky

Let me know how that works out. I'm in the same boat. I've tried three different characters but I'm too slow to survive. There's just so much shit going on with that fight it's hard to keep track of the tells. I got to the 50% mark once with a Frost Blades character. I probably have one more decent shot at it this league before I switch to hideout hunting mode.

Fucking this, but it's a well design end game fight I think. A broken boss for a game full of broken builds

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I summon the brains of POE Era

I want something like this (but with more DPS lol)

You mean a Lightning Strike build? It's actually fairly easy to make. But he's doing it with Chaos Inoculation Energy Shield, that's trickier to do but also doable.

The core piece in that build is Hand of Wisdom and Action which gives you bonuses based on Intelligence and Dexterity. Incandescent Heart in that build allows you essentially to mitigate 25% elemental damage as you are CI, which is good choice for solo self found. Shaper's Gloves tend to always be used in these types of build because of the states alongside stuff like Astramentis and Cyclopian Horror (which this guy doesn't have as it's a SSFHC build).

My suggestion would be to go for HOWA Occultist with Lightning trike build if you want to go the CI route. Stack as much Intelligence as possible to get the big lightning damage bonuses while stacking energy shield.

Otherwise go for Raider/Champion/Scion for Life version with generic rare weapons. Raider and Champion would probably be more damage, more speed and cheaper to gear but Occultist will be much tankier.

Just give me like some time to get a PoB going for these two.

HOWA Occultist Lightning Strike - 350K Shaper DPS, Tri curse, 10K ES, Low Life with Shavronnes

Raider Lightning Strike (6.5K Life, 1.6 Million Shaper DPS) (ssimilar tree/items as Champion which is more damage but less speed)

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hillock can go f himself, I can blow through T13 maps, including the boss, and then Hillock shows up in Intervention and before I've got time to move out of the one, one shot death.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Storm Burst rework looks interesting:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2329382

CwC probably going to continue being OP.
It's looking more like these skill reworks are actually a rework of Templar to an extent with the conversion nodes he is supposed to get on the passive tree. Melee Templar's always been about hybrid physical/element melee skills with options for conversion through skill gems and jewels and such, but playing spellcaster based Templar often means pure element casting much like which. I think they're trying to bring the focus on conversion to the spellcaster side too which will bring some interesting options like converting the physical half to a secondary element.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Ele > Phys is going to be a focus?, they also said recently one of the totems was going to go down that route too.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
No, it's physical to element conversion from what I can tell. The new flame totem and storm burst skills act like skills like Glacial Hammer or Charged Dash. I also just re-read and it looks like they're not actually giving passive nodes that convert, but are supposed to benefit conversion builds so the conversion mechanics will still be done the same way it's done now.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why Stormburst needed the change to be honest. It worked fine for what it was and dealt good damage. The projectile part of it made it interesting to scale. Now it's a more generic spell that uses ele conversion. They should have been looking at Lightning Tendrils and Shock Nova instead.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
I absolutely hate the reworks that completly change a skill and deletes them from the game full stop.

Storm Burst was a pretty unique and fun ability that was viable, not great but good.

Now they made it in into this chanelled aoe brand looking type thing, removed all the projectile mechanics, turned it into this stupid "holy" thing they got going on(removing the cool blue visual in the process) and it's just lame man.

But enough about that.

This new league i plan on not going full meme build at the start (i started FS totems asc in Betreyal which was rough) and play a build that can actually do content at a pace in which i dont want to tear out my soul.

What that will be is TBD until patch notes, prolly non summoner tho unless ggg finally makes zombie ai not trash.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Unless storm brand cops a huge nerf, that's my league starter.

Unless, of course, they fix melee and I can just cheese the game with a DS champion.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Took another shot at Uber Elder. Still lost but I got Shaper to 25% HP and Elder to something under 50%. Multistrike got me killed a couple times so on the next attempt I'm swapping in Faster Attacks 21/20 and losing my CWDT setup for Kaom's Roots to allow me to stay mobile so I don't eat it. I'm sitting at 6300HP (6100 with CWDT boots) and POB says ~1M shaper DPS. Not sure there's anything wrong with my build. It definitely feels more like a player skill issue.

If anyone wants to take a look Bladeslaw charater DRA_IceSickKill

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This one is supposed to be a smaller scale league so I won't expect much. I do however expect that they take this time to address the various balance/mechanics/QoL issues in the game though.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This one is supposed to be a smaller scale league so I won't expect much. I do however expect that they take this time to address the various balance/mechanics/QoL issues in the game though.
Call me when they do something about the state of trading. Absolute trash.
I wouldn't mind a harbinger style league. No BS, just fun loot. No abyss style BS either.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Call me when they do something about the state of trading. Absolute trash.
I wouldn't mind a harbinger style league. No BS, just fun loot. No abyss style BS either.
GGG has specifically stated that they don't like trading being too easy/simplified. However, when the game is infested with trade bots they might as well at least make it easier to move around currency items.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I know their stubborn shit opinion. They need to take the L and do something about this shit. It just keeps getting worse.