• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
Even if not an AH, just some sort of trading macro thing thats not against ToS. You can make so much money selling maps the first weekend of a league its unreal.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Well it's two hours to new league so might as well make some predictions/wishlist:

*Inquisitor and Chieftain rebalanced/reworked. These ascendancies seem to be falling behind in the power creep war so it's time to get them some love. Plus the newer skill reworks seem to be based around these two ascendancies. Berserker buffs are for 3.7.

*Shockwave Totem rework. It has to be coming.

*I really want to see Shock Nova, Lightning Tendrils, Sweep, Searing Bond etc. get buffed up or reworked. Shock Nova is especially just pitiful compared next to Ice Nova.

*2 Hand weapons buff.

*Breachstones nerfed.

*Self cast buffs.

*Labyrinth Enchant rework. It's not happening this league because that's probably reserved for when they rework the Labyrinth end game. But god damn do I want this to happen already.

*Some new crafting currency/method because that seems to be something they throw in EVERY league.

*Storm Brand nerf. It's probably too soon for it but it's going to be really stupid when so many people are playing this skill next league. It's just so insanely powerful on so many levels right now. If I play this league regularly I am definitely league starting Storm Brand.

*Ignite, Poison, Bleed buff. It's time to address these again.

*They need to look at the ubiquitous legendaries again. Loreweave is BIS on practically every attack based build, Tombfists as well. And of course buff the shit ones. They generally do this every expansion but lately they have been more heavy handed on the nerfs than buffs.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, can you add a tree for the Raider at level 30, 60, 90 characters? Maybe after the patch note ...
Sure, that's easy enough.

I would add one thing, it's essential that you get pierce on Lightning Strike and you also want to have Ancestral Call for mapping. Otherwise it feels bad to clear. Inpulsa is a great option but it's an expensive option for clearing. You can get Lightning Strike pierces 3 additional targets on helm enchant if you can afford it.

https://pastebin.com/iDmQ2Ypp

Click on where it says "Final Tree" for a drop down menu for 30/60/90 trees

*Level 30: Spread out your tree so that you are close to the 3 Frenzy points so that when you get your second Ascendancy, you can drop the 6 points into Frenzy points. Definitely get the two leech nodes for sustain. Get as many generic stat points in the way as possible so that you can equip various gear.

*Level 60: Get more coverage on your tree, generic damage and high value life %. Get some extra stat points here and there especially Intelligence which is needed on this build (get the +30 skill point if needed, otherwise try to get Intelligence on gear). Get the Piercing nodes by now.

*Level 90: Prioritize getting 2 jewel sockets, crit nodes, life % and completing Phase Acrobatics keystone.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like syndicate is still in. Not surprised. Honestly the new mechanics look interesting but I'm more curious about the balance overhaul and self-cast buffs.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No more rng bs plz. Having to beg ppl to trade for shit you can't find yourself sucks. esp since they never respond. I only got so close to 36 cuz I fund a delve boss and other things like a week ago. I've still never seen the other 2 bosses besides the lich.

There needs to be npcs in our hideouts that sell /exchange currency a better way to get maps in game trading/listing etc

Having to start from scratch every time also blows.

leagues are to short to get everything done in a reasonable time.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man they making Raider worse and worse with some of the changes they keep putting out. They have made getting Onslaught so easy that you need like 4 Ascendancy points on Raider to get ANY value over other classes. It's getting there with the Frenzy side of the tree as well, it's not enough just having those bonuses when other classes will have more powerful bonuses on each step.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
digging the refocus on self cast. Introduction of holy spells look kinda cool.

Getting a bit tired of the go fast league mechanics, this looks like it'll be a mix of incursion/delve. Melee still left to rot on the side?

Probably will rock the sunspire supporter

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Melee definitely is going to be reserved for 3.7 where they will also be buffing Berserker. A good time to buff Raider again since Berserker and Raider suffer from similar issues.

I wonder if these new "hand cast" supports buff Storm Brand too or not?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nebulis seems strong with 80% loreweave
It's generic resistance, not "max" resistance about 75%. So you can have like 150% resistance (so 75% extra) and thus have 1500%+ lightning damage! Assuming that's how it works, seems really powerful.

The chest is really strong too. Ele conversion is going to be insane in this league too...

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Melee definitely is going to be reserved for 3.7 where they will also be buffing Berserker. A good time to buff Raider again since Berserker and Raider suffer from similar issues.

I wonder if these new "hand cast" supports buff Storm Brand too or not?

Spell focus seem to work with Storm Brand; Unleash probably works like Spell Echo, so not that useful.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's generic resistance, not "max" resistance about 75%. So you can have like 150% resistance (so 75% extra) and thus have 1500%+ lightning damage! Assuming that's how it works, seems really powerful.

The chest is really strong too. Ele conversion is going to be insane in this league too...
Isnt that like 10000000000x better than my initial proposal? and you can Dual Wield those.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Eternity Shroud unique armor looks insane.

Edit: image.

TNN9u7pl.jpg

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
The Glimpse of Eternity skill basically creates a bubble around you that slows any monsters that touch it.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Man PoE always looking good with these expansions.

So far in looking forward to Divine Ire since it looks like what i wanted from Scourge Arrow but as a spell, dunno if ill do self cast or totems tho.

Also that support gem that adds spellcast looks like it could be stupid broken with Magma Orb and that skill is already insane with that damage.

nahlakhai

Nov 6, 2017
With Anthem being the steaming pile of doodoo that it is on launch, I'm looking to get into PoE to itch that loot scratch, but I tried a month or so back and was so overwhelmed with the amount of customization. What's the best way to get into it right now or should I wait for the next season?

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
With Anthem being the steaming pile of doodoo that it is on launch, I'm looking to get into PoE to itch that loot scratch, but I tried a month or so back and was so overwhelmed with the amount of customization. What's the best way to get into it right now or should I wait for the next season?

Best advice I can give is look for a character class you want to play then look up a build guide. Once you've got a few levels under your belt pay a visit to Engineering Eternity's website/YouTube page to learn about the mechanics of things, specifically his Beginner's Guide series. If you want to start fresh it's probably best to wait for a new league but honestly nothing is stopping you from trying a few things in the last couple weeks of this league so you have an idea what to do for next league.

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like Bladelaw says, looking up Engineering Eternity's channel is a must. It's a rather short introduction to most of the basics in the game. It's a bit overwhelming at first, but it will click at some point.

I would also recommend messing about this league for a few days. That way you don't have to worry about your character too much and you can familiarize yourself with the game, so you can start fresh with that knowledge once the new league comes around.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just hope they do SOMETHING to syndicate, especially as you won't be able to fudge it by holding research anymore, at the very least make the rewards scale with difficulty, and even better, make the difficulty scale between with the base content difficulty.

So the actual Synthesis content is basically Delve in a new dress, which is probably a good thing considering how good the Delve content is.

Last edited:

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just hope they do SOMETHING to syndicate, especially as you won't be able to fudge it by holding research anymore, at the very least make the rewards scale with difficulty, and even better, make the difficulty scale between with the base content difficulty.
Its probably going to be incursion like. When a Betrayal encounter spawns, it will be 3 different encounters in the same map.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
They confirmed that Betrayal are becoming only random spawns with multiple encounters on the same map, and will only be enabled from Act 9-onward in addition to rebalancing the encounters.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They confirmed that Betrayal are becoming only random spawns with multiple encounters on the same map, and will only be enabled from Act 9-onward in addition to rebalancing the encounters.
Phew, I was just watching that ZiggyD video on the new content, and the new spells look cool, but something like divine ire would be quite hard to do at higher levels with the current syndicate, especially the hit hard and fast members like Hillock, as their dps is pretty mental on high tier maps.

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
New league looks like Delve and Incursion had a baby.

Kind of bummed that the soulstealer pack from last league has the same aesthetic than this new league.
I didn't buy it cause it was a bit too odd, but now it fits with this ....

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I thought I would maybe skip this league after no lifing Betrayal but nah, I'm excited as fuck and love the concept of the new league.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Occultist looking really strong this patch yet again.

This implicit is huge, it's one of only 3 sources of energy shield leech. One is on a terrible weapon that no one ever uses, one is on Ghost Reaver with a huge energy shield regen penalty and then this jewel which is meta defining now.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
With so much emphasis on crafting recently, I think it's finally time I learned how to do it. I guess the goal is to max the chance of getting something useful? And knowing how to do it with least currency possible?